• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren at Crossett. 8-4a conference opener. Let’s get it started!

Started by AirWarren, September 15, 2018, 07:04:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

LJ06

Warren in a mercy rule. The 'Jacks are a good cut above anybody else in 8-4A.

1. Warren
2. Dumas
3. Helena
4. Hamburg
5. DeWitt
6. Star City
7. Monticello
8. Crossett

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 15, 2018, 07:56:56 am
Warren in a mercy rule. The 'Jacks are a good cut above anybody else in 8-4A.

1. Warren
2. Dumas
3. Helena
4. Hamburg
5. DeWitt
6. Star City
7. Monticello
8. Crossett

Dumas and Helena looks to be a solid match up for Warren.

We saw some wrinkles against Dollarway of what we can do with all of our weapons. I like it.

That #12....looks like he is going to be a good one.

Sports Guru

Warren 42 Crossett 0

Crossett won't score the next 2 weeks.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on September 15, 2018, 08:00:52 am
Dumas and Helena looks to be a solid match up for Warren.

We saw some wrinkles against Dollarway of what we can do with all of our weapons. I like it.

That #12....looks like he is going to be a good one.
#15 and #37 are gonna be very good in the future also.

Eaglemaniac

FoxandHound34

Eaglemaniac

FoxandHound34

Eaglemaniac

dhen

HWH has a lot of size and speed this year . If they can stay focused I see them going deep in the playoffs this year

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Crossett will play the Jacks hard just like every other team in the 8. Every teams get up against Warren because if they win it's like winning the Super Bowl. I remember SC losing their minds in '10 when they won.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 15, 2018, 07:17:33 pm
Crossett will play the Jacks hard just like every other team in the 8. Every teams get up against Warren because if they win it's like winning the Super Bowl. I remember SC losing their minds in '10 when they won.

Crossett defense will play lights out until they get tired. We have no offense.

Sports Guru

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on September 15, 2018, 07:56:09 pm
Crossett defense will play lights out until they get tired. We have no offense.
Our Defense might play tough till about 7 minutes left in the game then we will run out of gas.

At least we get to see Burks play!!

Lumberjackfan1978

KASH dba The Lumberjack

ROULETTE

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 15, 2018, 07:17:33 pm

I just remember the look on Bo's face  :D

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: ROULETTE on September 17, 2018, 06:51:53 pm
I just remember the look on Bo's face  :D
That look was his Haley's comet look, SC fans don't get to see that look very often.

AirWarren

Just two many weapons and offensive alignments for Warren. We got a sneak peak this past Friday night against Dollarway when #13 was throwing darts down the field for 95 yard touchdown passes. Then he hits our QB on a slant route and our QB shows that he can play WR. Throw in #23 and #7 who can flat out fly, good grief.

A couple of kids that will garnish some big time attention in the future is #37 and #12. Those kids can play and if I'm not mistaken #37's brother is playing D1 ball as RB.

Been very impressed with #80 as well as #4. #4 has been big time in possession.

Defensive coverage looked better this week and the kickoff coverage looked great as well.

Can't forget about our kicking game where we are pinning teams back inside the five on returns or putting it in the endzone. I hear, because we all know how awesome it is talk Jr High, that the Jr team has a kicker that is already putting balls in the endzone on kickoffs.

Let's get this thing rolling.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on September 18, 2018, 10:45:45 am
Just two many weapons and offensive alignments for Warren. We got a sneak peak this past Friday night against Dollarway when #13 was throwing darts down the field for 95 yard touchdown passes. Then he hits our QB on a slant route and our QB shows that he can play WR. Throw in #23 and #7 who can flat out fly, good grief.

A couple of kids that will garnish some big time attention in the future is #37 and #12. Those kids can play and if I'm not mistaken #37's brother is playing D1 ball as RB.

Defensive coverage looked better this week and the kickoff coverage looked great as well.

Can't forget about our kicking game where we are pinning teams back inside the five on returns or putting it in the endzone. I hear, because we all know how awesome it is talk Jr High, that the Jr team has a kicker that is already putting balls in the endzone on kickoffs.

Who is #37 brother?

Warrens full potential will show when they give the keys to Burks and McKnight! It's gonba be fun to watch!!

ROULETTE

Quote from: AirWarren on September 18, 2018, 10:45:45 am

After playing in the 84A myself, it's encouraging to know the entire conference isn't irrelevant

Coltfan2005

Good, bad, or ugly...to be in the conf with Warren sucks. Don't see a 4A (or 5A) team that can compete with them this year. Good thoughts for an injury free game.

jimbojack

I think Bo realized that relying on Treylon so heavy during the regular season last year may have worn him down some by playoff time.  No way anybody stops him one on one at the goal one unless he is totally gassed.  I think that's why we aren't seeing the offense revolve around him so much right now.  It's reAlly been Steppes and Reep, with a little SMith, Calhoun and Mcknight so far.  I think it also helps with the development of other weapons, and you know the defense is much better with a rested Burks.  Great coaching move.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: jimbojack on September 18, 2018, 08:12:31 pm
I think Bo realized that relying on Treylon so heavy during the regular season last year may have worn him down some by playoff time.  No way anybody stops him one on one at the goal one unless he is totally gassed.  I think that's why we aren't seeing the offense revolve around him so much right now.  It's reAlly been Steppes and Reep, with a little SMith, Calhoun and Mcknight so far.  I think it also helps with the development of other weapons, and you know the defense is much better with a rested Burks.  Great coaching move.
Good to know we have Burks to put back there if we need him but it is good to develop all our other weapons and it seems we have a lot

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on September 18, 2018, 08:35:43 pm
Good to know we have Burks to put back there if we need him but it is good to develop all our other weapons and it seems we have a lot
It's good to know that every DC will have to game plan for different looks all year. Makes it tough on a team to line up and defend against formations that could be the same but are a little different.

Jimbo Morphis

Jimbo Morphis

KASH dba The Lumberjack

AirWarren

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Let's Geaux Jacks! Notch that first conference victory tonight as we start the quest for our 7th straight 8-4A title and 15th conference title since 2000.

Impressive streak but it starts tonight against the Eagles!

-Kyle

Jimbo Morphis

I think Warren's biggest problem is lack of competition this year before the playoffs. I don't remember the 8-4A ever being this weak.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldman on September 21, 2018, 07:53:16 am
I think Warren's biggest problem is lack of competition this year before the playoffs. I don't remember the 8-4A ever being this weak.

It was just as weak last year.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldman on September 21, 2018, 07:53:16 am
I think you might have a good point. We've normally played 2-3 tough games by now. SS played hard for half a game. Dollarway game was a waste of time.

EagleForLife12

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 21, 2018, 08:42:26 am
I think you might have a good point. We've normally played 2-3 tough games by now. SS played hard for half a game. Dollarway game was a waste of time.

Hembree said on one of his shows that the only other alternative to PB Dollarway was North Little Rock. And it sure is nice to healthy going into conference. That's something we haven't seen in a while.

But yeah, the nonconference was fairly weak outside of Batesville SS.

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on September 21, 2018, 08:51:24 am
Hembree said on one of his shows that the only other alternative to PB Dollarway was North Little Rock. And it sure is nice to healthy going into conference. That's something we haven't seen in a while.

But yeah, the nonconference was fairly weak outside of Batesville SS.

Coach Hembree learned his lesson from the Fayetteville and Southside games. Playing a spread team in a higher classification is fine. But when you play these physical 7A teams loaded with depth, injuries can occur more frequently. That's something I don't think he wanted to put on his players again.

Lumberjackfan1978

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on September 21, 2018, 09:02:13 am
Coach Hembree learned his lesson from the Fayetteville and Southside games. Playing a spread team in a higher classification is fine. But when you play these physical 7A teams loaded with depth, injuries can occur more frequently. That's something I don't think he wanted to put on his players again.

He said the coach from NLR ALMOST talked him into it lol.

North Little Rock is beast mode. No thank you.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

The last time Cleveland won a game, the Jacks went undefeated. So we have that going for us.

Romeo

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Romeo on September 21, 2018, 12:34:36 pm
Do you remember... the 21st night of September?

One of the best songs in the history of the world...

AirWarren

You the man, Romeo. Plain and simple. My daughter and I have a tradition. On the way to school, when September comes, we jam this on the way and sing it welcoming in September. LOVE IT.

Ba de ya, say do you remember
Ba de ya, dancing in September
Ba de ya, never was a cloudy day!!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Blast from the past. Saw Earth,Wind & Fire in 1991 while I was stationed in Korea. In the days of Vanilla Ice and Milli Vanilli, they put on a great show.

LJ06

Still 1st quarter and Warren already has a passing TD, rushing TD, and a pick 6 to be up 21-0. Couldn't have gone any worse for Crossett so far.

LJ06

Jack1990

LJ06

AirWarren

Romeo

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas