• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover clarification

Started by WHITEchicken, September 09, 2018, 08:54:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITEchicken

Ok so after doing some digging and piecing this whole thing together I am going to try and clarify what has been going on so hopefully everyone understands. This is real info not rumor.
Smackover does not know who reported Turner for being ineligible. Smackover did self report to the AAA about him playing against Foreman after they found out he was ineligible. Smackover coaches held him out against JC because he was not eligible to play. Some people may have a few more "facts" about it but everyone thinks they have facts. If you hear anything else about this situation let us know.

jay nelvin

Is he out for the remainder of the season?

WHITEchicken

He is ineligible as far as facts go. I am not going to speculate. This is a fact post

Headhunter15

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 09, 2018, 12:58:44 pm
He is ineligible as far as facts go. I am not going to speculate. This is a fact post

AAA is working to grant him a hardship and that's facts

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Headhunter15 on September 09, 2018, 02:41:35 pm
AAA is working to grant him a hardship and that's facts
Are they able to see his records?

WorkOrder

Quote from: Oldman on September 09, 2018, 02:50:57 pm
Are they able to see his records?

NO HIS MOM HAD THEM SEALED.................LOL

dragondad

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 09, 2018, 08:54:30 am
Smackover does not know who reported Turner for being ineligible. Smackover did self report to the AAA about him playing against Foreman after they found out he was ineligible.

Well, that's clear as mud.  LOL

Datruth100

Quote from: dragondad on September 09, 2018, 03:59:48 pm
Well, that's clear as mud.  LOL
Like really y does this situation mean so much to y'all? Plus his records don't have no help in his hardship sealed or not.. go read AAA hardship rules...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Datruth100 on September 09, 2018, 04:27:41 pm
Like really y does this situation mean so much to y'all? Plus his records don't have no help in his hardship sealed or not.. go read AAA hardship rules...
I'm on the Hardship Committee and just trying to keep up so I'll know how to vote.

Datruth100

Quote from: Oldman on September 09, 2018, 04:39:34 pm
I'm on the Hardship Committee and just trying to keep up so I'll know how to vote.

Your a liar cause if you was you would know what the hardship requirements was and his records is not part of them smh people will say anything

WHITEchicken

Oldman I am sure they are able to.

Datruth100

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 09, 2018, 04:55:14 pm
Oldman I am sure they are able to.
Point is if they are or not that has nothing to do with the kids hardship

panther07

September 09, 2018, 06:52:21 pm #12 Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:45:12 pm by panther07

Man, cut out all that noise.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: panther07 on September 09, 2018, 06:52:21 pm
Man, cut out all that noise. You a lie
Some people would be highly offended by that.

KOJACK

I thought I was the hardship committee rep from Prescott to McGehee...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KOJACK on September 10, 2018, 08:19:44 am
I thought I was the hardship committee rep from Prescott to McGehee...
Panther07 looks just like you.

WHITEchicken

We all know if any of y'all are on the committee he won't get it.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 10, 2018, 08:53:50 am
We all know if any of y'all are on the committee he won't get it.
I can be bought. Not cheap

WorkOrder

He will be playing by the end of the week unless he's to old.

Jimbo Morphis

September 10, 2018, 10:44:50 am #19 Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 10:47:52 am by Oldman
Quote from: WorkOrder on September 10, 2018, 10:33:49 am
Fact? We only deal with DaTruth on this thread.

thabeast428

WHITEchicken

So again is this fact or just rumor?

Datruth100

Not guaranteed he will play... and he is 18 just turned 18 the end of the summer

eldofan

Quote from: WorkOrder on September 10, 2018, 10:33:49 am
Where at ? Smackover has an open date

WorkOrder

Quote from: eldofan on September 10, 2018, 01:21:12 pm
Where at ? Smackover has an open date

I'm just saying he will end up playing.

dragondad

September 10, 2018, 06:25:43 pm #25 Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 06:31:23 pm by dragondad
Quote from: Datruth100 on September 09, 2018, 04:27:41 pm

I never commented on his records, I simply stated the explanation was "clear as mud".

Did he play three years of varsity ball in Texas.... Earle wants to know.   ;D

Sick Dog

If he is eligible that are a contender for sure without him they are just another ok team.

WHITEchicken

I think they are better than an ok team without him. With him they are better. So work order are you for sure he is going to get to play? Did you get that from a reliable source? His moms uncles cousins friend since grade school doesn't count.

BuckHead

Hardship is turned in pending approval

Datruth100

Quote from: dragondad on September 10, 2018, 06:25:43 pm
I never commented on his records, I simply stated the explanation was "clear as mud".

Did he play three years of varsity ball in Texas.... Earle wants to know.   ;D
Never said u asked about his records but someone did go bk n read... n he played two years varsity in Texas I mean that's a dumb question if he played three years he be out school by now.. and no it's no a guarantee he will play like stated previously his has a hardship pending.. n his family not even speaking on the situation period

BuckHead

He didnt play anywhere last year. He attended school in ElDorado but played no sports. He's just a gifted athlete. He stepped on the field this year like he never left, and what you see him doing is mostly just natural talent. FACTS

Datruth100

Quote from: BuckHead on September 10, 2018, 08:08:39 pm
He didnt play anywhere last year. He attended school in ElDorado but played no sports. He's just a gifted athlete. He stepped on the field this year like he never left, and what you see him doing is mostly just natural talent. FACTS
And that's 💯

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Datruth100 on September 10, 2018, 07:57:01 pm
Never said u asked about his records but someone did go bk n read... n he played two years varsity in Texas I mean that's a dumb question if he played three years he be out school by now.. and no it's no a guarantee he will play like stated previously his has a hardship pending.. n his family not even speaking on the situation period
Did he play varsity as a 9th grader?

Datruth100

September 10, 2018, 09:21:20 pm #33 Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 09:35:01 pm by Datruth100
Quote from: Oldman on September 10, 2018, 08:51:30 pm
Did he play varsity as a 9th grader?

Yes but did not start off the season that way... after three games he was moved up

dragondad

Quote from: Datruth100 on September 10, 2018, 09:21:20 pm
Yes but did not start off the season that way... after three games he was moved up

Hes good then,  AR allows 8 semesters of eligibility.  Hes only exhausted 6 of he played varsity in 9th and didnt repeat a grade.

Sick Dog

Yes but when those semesters start counting they don't stop just because you don't play for a year. Once you start the semester count it starts then.

Datruth100

September 11, 2018, 10:35:29 am #36 Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:12:21 am by Datruth100
Quote from: Sick Dog on September 11, 2018, 09:15:17 am
Yes but when those semesters start counting they don't stop just because you don't play for a year. Once you start the semester count it starts then.

He would still have two more semesters at least tho possibly more cause he just now entering Arkansas...according to AAA rules... because the first year he got to Arkansas would have been the required year to sit out which is called the transition year so that wouldn't hv counted against him. From my understanding

KOJACK

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 10, 2018, 06:50:49 pm
I think they are better than an ok team without him. With him they are better. So work order are you for sure he is going to get to play? Did you get that from a reliable source? His moms uncles cousins friend since grade school doesn't count.
He will be cleared. All aaa is doing is covering their own butt. Once they get any kind of paperwork he will be cleared.

WHITEchicken

So there has been no ruling on the hardship so as of now he is not playing.

Datruth100

Quote from: WHITEchicken on September 11, 2018, 11:51:03 am
So there has been no ruling on the hardship so as of now he is not playing.
Correct

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KOJACK on September 11, 2018, 10:59:33 am
He will be cleared. All aaa is doing is covering their own butt. Once they get any kind of paperwork he will be cleared.
As swiftly as the AAA usually moves he may be cleared for track.

Datruth100

Quote from: Oldman on September 11, 2018, 12:20:51 pm
As swiftly as the AAA usually moves he may be cleared for track.
So in your opinion u don't think he will cleared for football?

WHITEchicken

It al depends on who is on the board for this particular thing. They really do move at their own pace and they also rule in different ways for different schools. Those are facts also.

hsindian

Quote from: Datruth100 on September 11, 2018, 12:24:15 pm
He's saying it will probably take AAA until spring to make a decision.

Datruth100

Quote from: hsindian on September 11, 2018, 12:35:47 pm
He's saying it will probably take AAA until spring to make a decision.

Wow..

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Datruth100 on September 11, 2018, 12:24:15 pm
I don't know which facts to believe and have no idea.

Datruth100

Quote from: Oldman on September 11, 2018, 12:59:30 pm
I don't know which facts to believe and have no idea.

Just hate this for the kid. I really don't believe the family intentionally broke the rule and the school administration was aware of his living situation and they didn't question it. From my understanding the grandmother is a retired teacher from the elementary school. The school is very familiar with the family.  I would hate the kid have to sit out his senior year off adults mistakes.. I mean who is it to really to blame in a situation like this especially not the kid. But who am I to say what's right or wrong. That's just my opinion

BuckHead

His grandma did retire from the school. His mom and dad did as well.

bleudog

September 11, 2018, 03:53:23 pm #48 Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 08:02:23 pm by bleudog
Procedurally this isn't difficult and every coach/AD/principal/superintendent in Arkansas should know it.

Who has legal custody of the student?
Where do/does the custodial parent(s) live?
If the student doesn't attend the school in the district where the custodial parient(s) live, has a school choice or board-to-board transfer been requested and approved within proper timeframe?
If the timing of the transfer requires a 365-day athletic waiting period in the new district, has it taken place?

I'm not asking for answers, just to present it in the Reader's Digest form.

And I wanted to post in the thread so it would come up on the new replies page.

BuckHead

He is now eligible. Im a very close source. Matter of fact im family. FACTS

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas