• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kids from Robinson

Started by Rob Van Winkle, May 24, 2018, 03:27:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Van Winkle

How many kids from Robinson have been offered scholarships so far? It seems like every time I get on Twitter another kid has gotten an offer. Sounds like they have something good going on down there.

Oldbadger

It's called school choice, great, new facilities and a safe environment. This allows good and even great athletes to go there .

AirWarren

I had the pleasure of visiting Robinson during the playoffs this year. As you said oldbadg, great faculties, new facilities, etc has made Joe T a threat in 4A.

mr.gametime

incogneto

Why don't they win more then?

Oldbadger

I don't know what their won/loss record is for the various sports but it seems they are always close to the top. No one said they were winning everything, just that they had a good thing out there. I agree! They were pretty decent in football.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

If not for a little ol' town named Warren, Arkansas, they would seemingly go a bit further in all those sports...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on May 27, 2018, 08:38:16 am
If not for a little ol' town named Warren, Arkansas, they would seemingly go a bit further in all those sports...
Little ol' Coach named Bo. You're one coach leaving from being Mediocre again.

incogneto

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on May 27, 2018, 08:38:16 am
They got beat out by Dardanelle once as well.  I guess there are several schools holding them back. 

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldman on May 27, 2018, 08:27:12 pm
Little ol' Coach named Bo. You're one coach leaving from being Mediocre again.
Bo didn't have anything to do with Baseball or Basketball...

SUGARTOWN

No one does less with more than Robinson football.

bilboswaggins

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 29, 2018, 06:41:14 am

And why is that?

AirWarren

Quote from: bilboswaggins on May 29, 2018, 09:27:10 am

And why is that?

Joe T had the tools and talent to win it all in 2016 and last year. Period. Just take a look at their rosters those years. AND take a look at it this year. May be the most loaded team they have had.

In the Little Rock area, you have three all star football teams. That's Pulaski academy, North Little Rock, and now Joe T Robinson.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bilboswaggins on May 29, 2018, 09:27:10 am

And why is that?

I've seen them play the last several years and there's absolutely no reason they shouldn't already have a state title or at the very least a state title appearance. With any number of coaches they would've had one, with their current coach I'm not sure they'll ever get there.

slowntheMUD

Quote from: AirWarren on May 29, 2018, 10:20:06 am
Joe T had the tools and talent to win it all in 2016 and last year. Period. Just take a look at their rosters those years. AND take a look at it this year. May be the most loaded team they have had.

In the Little Rock area, you have three all star football teams. That's Pulaski academy, North Little Rock, and now Joe T Robinson.

Purposely leave out McKlellan?

AirWarren

Quote from: slowntheMUD on May 29, 2018, 01:29:53 pm
Purposely leave out McKlellan?

McClellen does not benefit from "all stars" that the three I listed do.  Nor does it have the facilities that the three I listed have.

The lions have been successful strictly based off coaching and the kids buying into the coaching staff. On paper and to the naked eye, McClellen shouldn't even be competitive much less fielding a decent team.

Jimbo Morphis

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldman on May 29, 2018, 02:27:15 pm
Who did he play for?

He played basketball for NLR Northeast...

STBruin

I agree 100%!!!! Said last season that if Joe T isn't playing for a state championship, they should hire a completely new coaching staff!!!

STBruin

Quote from: Oldbadger on May 24, 2018, 10:04:16 pm
It's called school choice, great, new facilities and a safe environment. This allows good and even great athletes to go there .

2 key words...SCHOOL CHOICE!!!!! How many of the premier athlete that have or are enrolled at Robinson started there??? My guess is very few...

AirWarren

Quote from: STBruin on May 29, 2018, 05:34:47 pm
I agree 100%!!!! Said last season that if Joe T isn't playing for a state championship, they should hire a completely new coaching staff!!!

This year for sure. They are heads and shoulders above a lot of teams in 4a talent wise.

scrapman

Ashdown gives them stiff competition in this area.

AirWarren

Quote from: scrapman on May 30, 2018, 08:08:55 am
Ashdown gives them stiff competition in this area.

Very true.

AirWarren

May 30, 2018, 08:18:01 am #23 Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:20:01 am by AirWarren
Quote from: STBruin on May 29, 2018, 05:36:09 pm
2 key words...SCHOOL CHOICE!!!!! How many of the premier athlete that have or are enrolled at Robinson started there??? My guess is very few...

Their beast of a running back last year came from Mills if I'm not mistaken.

Robinson is a in a safer area of Little Rock and is a good public school. It's going to be hard pressed to keep kids from wanting to transfer there.

Curious to see what the new school in SWLR is going to do as far as population and demographic shifts within the LRSD and PCSSD.

STBruin

Quote from: AirWarren on May 30, 2018, 08:18:01 am

Robinson is a in a safer area of Little Rock and is a good public school. It's going to be hard pressed to keep kids from wanting to transfer there.

Curious to see what the new school in SWLR is going to do as far as population and demographic shifts within the LRSD and PCSSD.

last couple of years...

Jackson-Parkview
Fells-PA
Page- Baptist, LRCA, Catholic
Porter- know he moved in, but dont know if it was before his 9th grade year.

and there are a couple on the roster now...that didnt start at Joe T

AirWarren

Quote from: STBruin on May 30, 2018, 10:50:23 am
last couple of years...

Jackson-Parkview
Fells-PA

Think they had a two from PA didn't they?

scrapman

Quote from: STBruin on May 30, 2018, 10:50:23 am
last couple of years...

Jackson-Parkview
Fells-PA

That's just the tip of the iceberg.....let me help you...
Without pulling a roster, here are some others that come to mind.
Hardy
Kentle
Waits
Carvill
Warren
Williams

AirWarren

Quote from: scrapman on May 30, 2018, 02:45:29 pm
That's just the tip of the iceberg.....let me help you...
Without pulling a roster, here are some others that come to mind.
Hardy
Kentle
Waits
Carvill
Warren
Williams

Man that is a lot. Allegedly of course ha.

I forgot about the Hardy young man. Think he is a mills product too.

Overdahill

Quote from: AirWarren on May 30, 2018, 11:44:36 am

Yes, there was also a very good running back b4 Fells that transferred

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on May 30, 2018, 08:18:01 am

C. Warren came from LR Hall. I certainly can't blame him from wanting out of that football program.

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on May 30, 2018, 03:15:15 pm

C. Warren came from LR Hall. I certainly can't blame him from wanting out of that football program.
Hardy was from Mills. Warren from hall. That's right...

And no. I don't blame him.

STBruin

Quote from: AirWarren on May 30, 2018, 11:44:36 am

Fells and Porter....I think

STBruin

Quote from: AirWarren on May 30, 2018, 02:50:59 pm
Man that is a lot. Allegedly of course ha.

I forgot about the Hardy young man. Think he is a mills product too.

BUT WAIT....I thought the the PRIVATE SCHOOLS...the demons that they are...are the only schools that recruit?????

I am kidding...strictly tongue and cheek....not wanting to start ANOTHER private schools vs public schools thread that is 8000 pages long...

AirWarren

Quote from: STBruin on May 30, 2018, 05:19:06 pm
BUT WAIT....I thought the the PRIVATE SCHOOLS...the demons that they are...are the only schools that recruit?????

I am kidding...strictly tongue and cheek....not wanting to start ANOTHER private schools vs public schools thread that is 8000 pages long...

It is what it is. Haha. All schools, including private schools benefit from transfers.

zebrafan

Kentel transferred from PBHS.

AirWarren

OrangeCrush.

mr.gametime

Robinson has a kid who is going into the 9th grade Class of 2022 and he's already got offers from Alabama and Texas State.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: mr.gametime on June 11, 2018, 11:41:25 am
Robinson has a kid who is going into the 9th grade Class of 2022 and he's already got offers from Alabama and Texas State.

Name?

mr.gametime

OrangeCrush.

Alabama and Texas State seems like an odd combination of offers.

STUNNA

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on June 11, 2018, 12:38:51 pm
Alabama and Texas State seems like an odd combination of offers.

Texas State has offered his older brother so I get that and I guess Bama is trying to get in early. Not many 9th graders around here get offers.

mr.gametime

Texas State getting in early they have also offered a kid in the 2021 class from Ashdown already.

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 11, 2018, 02:45:24 pm
Texas State has offered his older brother so I get that and I guess Bama is trying to get in early. Not many 9th graders around here get offers.

I'm assuming this is Elliot Harris' youngest son?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on June 11, 2018, 07:13:04 pm

Yes, it's his son.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on June 11, 2018, 07:13:04 pm

Yes, I believe it is.

Digger#23

School of choice for LRR?  More like recruiting.  When the Senior class at Bauxite were 7th and 9th grades, we wiped the field with them.  If Bauxite is making you look bad, you better get to recruiting talent from other schools.  Believe that.

BM22

Quote from: Digger#23 on July 09, 2018, 06:06:29 pm
School of choice for LRR?  More like recruiting.  When the Senior class at Bauxite were 7th and 9th grades, we wiped the field with them.  If Bauxite is making you look bad, you better get to recruiting talent from other schools.  Believe that.
Lol....7th grade ball? Really, man? Miners gonna get skull drug by Joe T this year. Lol

AirWarren

Quote from: BM22 on July 13, 2018, 11:28:07 am
Lol....7th grade ball? Really, man? Miners gonna get skull drug by Joe T this year. Lol

High possibility.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas