• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A Favorites To Win It All

Started by Hog In Slop, April 03, 2018, 02:31:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog In Slop

Which teams have a legitimate shot to win 6A this year and why?  Who has the best combination of pitching, hitting and defense?

Chief_Osceola™

In no particular order:

Greenwood
Sheridan
Jonesboro
El Dorado or Benton

I'd say those are the top 4-5 teams.

T-Bone

Quote from: Hog In Slop on April 03, 2018, 02:31:41 pm
Which teams have a legitimate shot to win 6A this year and why?  Who has the best combination of pitching, hitting and defense?

No disrespect to your question but it is just a guessing game right now.  Far to many variables.  Some great teams that may not be doing so well due to whatever reason.  When Jonesboro gets its lineup worked out, and they will, they do have great potential.  But it needs to happen sooner than later so the players can bond.  When this teams bonds, watch out.  When the lineup gets worked out they will compete with anyone.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: T-Bone on April 03, 2018, 09:07:00 pm
No disrespect to your question but it is just a guessing game right now.  Far to many variables.  Some great teams that may not be doing so well due to whatever reason.  When Jonesboro gets its lineup worked out, and they will, they do have great potential.  But it needs to happen sooner than later so the players can bond.  When this teams bonds, watch out.  When the lineup gets worked out they will compete with anyone.

+1

OB11

If I had to put money on it today I'd pick Sheridan. But obviously with baseball, so many things can happen. Depends a lot on how the bracket works out as well for the state tournament.

ricepig

Sometimes it never gets worked out, or the pieces just don't fall together, that's the nature, beauty, and frustrations of sports, maybe life in general, haha. Hopefully for Jonesboro, it's smooth sailing from here.

RedWolf275

Seems to me that Jonesboro has played a lot of games not to have their lineup worked out. That should be the first thing a coach does!

OB11

Quote from: RedWolf275 on April 04, 2018, 09:42:21 am
Seems to me that Jonesboro has played a lot of games not to have their lineup worked out. That should be the first thing a coach does!

I don't think it's that easy. Sometimes it can take a while. Especially if you have decent depth (which I think they do). It can be as simple as switching two players or an entire overhaul of the lineup. Sometimes it never comes together.

Hogman2018

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on April 03, 2018, 04:41:52 pm
In no particular order:

Greenwood
Sheridan
Jonesboro
El Dorado or Benton

I'd say those are the top 4-5 teams.
It wont be Eldorado! Texarkana hammered them last night!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Hogman2018 on April 04, 2018, 02:37:19 pm
It wont be Eldorado! Texarkana hammered them last night!

If I'm being honest they were kind of an outlier, a dark horse if you will, based on their record to this point and they have some good wins.

Bruin501

It's Sheridan's to lose IMO w/ all those seniors.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: Bruin501 on April 06, 2018, 11:01:08 pm
Anytime Greenwood and Sheridan play it can go either way.

T-Bone

Quote from: Bruin501 on April 06, 2018, 11:01:08 pm

Have no clue what will happen.  Never even know if you will make playoffs.  But I would love to see Sheridan and Jonesboro go at it in Baum again this year.  With the same starting pitchers.  I want a rematch.  That is my wish but we all know you never know until the final games are played and never know who will be on the field.  For those that know VV won again in the first match against Jonesboro, I feel that is a blessing.  Last year it made JHS work harder and know any team at any time can win or lose.  And I know some still wonder but JHS has been making some changes that may prove to work.  This next week will be critical in seeing things turn like they do seem to be.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: T-Bone on April 07, 2018, 06:29:44 pm
Have no clue what will happen.  Never even know if you will make playoffs.  But I would love to see Sheridan and Jonesboro go at it in Baum again this year.  With the same starting pitchers.  I want a rematch.  That is my wish but we all know you never know until the final games are played and never know who will be on the field.  For those that know VV won again in the first match against Jonesboro, I feel that is a blessing.  Last year it made JHS work harder and know any team at any time can win or lose.  And I know some still wonder but JHS has been making some changes that may prove to work.  This next week will be critical in seeing things turn like they do seem to be.

Good luck to the Cane

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas