• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bay

Started by Mulerider4Life, March 22, 2018, 07:33:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider4Life

Any better overall basketball program right now in 1A than Bay?

Backboard Shattered

Backboard Shattered

Hearded they are going to 3A next year.  Too good for 2

thebigman3

Yeah I thought they were going 2a

Mulerider4Life

I don't think you can jump two classifications in one year.

thebigman3

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on March 22, 2018, 12:12:03 pm
I don't think you can jump two classifications in one year.
but their 2a now..

Mulerider4Life

So Guy is headed to 2A?

Flobbito

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on March 22, 2018, 02:02:41 pm
So Guy is headed to 2A?

Bay has been reclassified as a 2A school for 2018-2020, depending on who you ask Guy is either 1A or 1A/5A/7A.

Mulerider4Life

Bay I assuming is getting some kids from Jonesboro?

BannerMountainMan

1a schools that surround a big town and has a college in it will usually do well

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 22, 2018, 07:10:15 pm
1a schools that surround a big town and has a college in it will usually do well

You think they're getting some players from the college??

Mulerider4Life

I was meaning Jonesboro High.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 22, 2018, 07:10:15 pm
THIS. THANK. YOU.

Mulerider4Life

Big town yes, but college? Why?

The Marsupial

I heard they are a branch off of ASU now. ASU-Bay. They are getting ASUs practice squad to play at Bay to stay in good shape while the A team is traveling.

Informant

Bay is a geographical gold mine for athletic talent.  Sitting on the outskirts of 70,000 people in the town of Jonesboro. Minutes away from 4A Brookland and 4A Trumann.  Any 1A school with that characteristic will draw athletes to stay competitive and that most definitely gives them an advantage.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Informant on April 09, 2018, 12:14:52 pm
Bay is a geographical gold mine for athletic talent.  Sitting on the outskirts of 70,000 people in the town of Jonesboro. Minutes away from 4A Brookland and 4A Trumann.  Any 1A school with that characteristic will draw athletes to stay competitive and that most definitely gives them an advantage.

I just don't seem them staying as a 1A school. More people are bound to attend their soon. Or is there even a reason to have this school? Sounds like other schools are close enough?

CoachEagleCat

Bay kids could easily go to Riverside in Lake City or Trumann.

Flobbito

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 09, 2018, 12:52:22 pm
I just don't seem them staying as a 1A school. More people are bound to attend their soon. Or is there even a reason to have this school? Sounds like other schools are close enough?

They are moving up to 2A for the 2018-2020 cycle.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Flobbito on April 09, 2018, 02:28:14 pm
They are moving up to 2A for the 2018-2020 cycle.

Very curious on how this will affect them. Definitely more talent in 2A Ball.

Informant

They will be competitive in boys basketball next season.  Assuming the girls have a team and hire a decent coach, I think they will too.  After next year, the wheels will be falling off without a substantial move in.  The Bay dynasty of the last 7-8 years is over regardless of what classification they are in.

baller334

Where is the girls coach going??

hsindian

Quote from: Informant on April 09, 2018, 03:58:17 pm
They will be competitive in boys basketball next season.  Assuming the girls have a team and hire a decent coach, I think they will too.  After next year, the wheels will be falling off without a substantial move in.  The Bay dynasty of the last 7-8 years is over regardless of what classification they are in.
I'm hearing they won't have a girls team next year. One may end up at Trumann and I'm not sure on one of the other jrs.

razorbackhog

Who do they go after for this job?  Also, heard that if a certain coach was hired they might come back out and play again, not sure who that coach is though.  Just things floating around.

Hef

Where did Coach Watson go?

Informant

As far as anyone can tell, he went to admin only.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas