• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway Open

Started by Brian G, March 14, 2018, 06:23:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider4Life

nsuqb10

Big job with no news?

nsuqb10

Touchdown God

Sources tell me that Ashcraft will be AD and Head Varsity football next year. WOW  :o
Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 16, 2018, 10:03:13 am
Any new update?

Brian G

Quote from: Touchdown God on April 17, 2018, 05:30:27 pm
Sources tell me that Ashcraft will be AD and Head Varsity football next year. WOW  :o
If true, makes me think they know who they want but he can't come until next season.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: B.G. on April 17, 2018, 09:34:09 pm
If true, makes me think they know who they want but he can't come until next season.

I still don't think Ashcraft was a bad coach. All of the games during the regular season were winnable.

nsuqb10

But why open it and interview including the offen coordinator then decide they weren't good enough? Bad business

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: nsuqb10 on April 18, 2018, 08:05:07 am
But why open it and interview including the offen coordinator then decide they weren’t good enough? Bad business
Pretty sure they have to interview people in the district.

Iknewthemwhen

Disrespect?  Why would I think that?  Doesn't look like you challenged anything I said!  I think a coach should run what he knows and what he can teach to the kids, all of the kids all across the program.  If he allows some latitude with his junior high to add or tweek the system a little that's fine.  What I was saying is he needs control and the last word in what is done.

SCOkie

I was referring to your suggestion that the new coach should use the "same" nomenclature and system that the previous staff had used.  I believe this thinking is wrong if the right coach were hired.  The coach that I know who applied for the Conway job, from a large school in another state, had gone into a situation that if I were to describe it, most would say it was impossible put in his system.  These were kids from a 'culture' that would not be expected to be successful running a system like this, but this coach and his staff put it in over a late spring arrival and a summer and shocked the football people in that area.  The oldest and most successful coach in the area said that for years that had used that week to heal and rest and never put on pads to prepare for that game, but he did in the first year of this coach's system or he would have got beat.  My point is that if the right coach were chosen at Conway, he could go in there using the same well trained players, change the system and still be very successful.  It may be what is needed there to take the next step to a state championship

Iknewthemwhen

You read too much into what I posted.  I did not say the new coach should run what the old coach ran.  He should have total control and the entire program should do the same thing with any differences being minor tweeks to accomodate talent level and those tweeks should be at the approval of HC.  The new HC gets to call the shots and everybody should use the same terminology throughtout the program.  Hope that clears it up.

SCOkie

I apologize, Iknewthemwhen, after re-reading your post I understand what you were talking about and agree with you that it is important for a HC to run his system thru all grades under his control.  Except, of course, for things younger kids might not have the skills or time to learn to run...again, I apologize

SCOkie

Iknewthemwhen, you can't expect me to understand your well thought out ideas when it takes me 5 tries to get the camouflaged letters typed in correctly...  ;)

Eagle boss

Any idea what's going on here and why its taking so long to make a hire? 

Pat Swilling

Ashcraft staying on as AD/HFC. 

Brian G

I repeat my thought that Ashcraft staying seems to imply whomever they want is a year away from being able to come to Conway.

Just my theory.

Pat Swilling

just late in spring to hire for a job as big as this one.  I completely understand this thinking

Brian G

Which would jive a bit with my theory.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on April 21, 2018, 09:22:06 am
I repeat my thought that Ashcraft staying seems to imply whomever they want is a year away from being able to come to Conway.

Just my theory.

Any reasons why they couldn't come now in this theory? There usually isn't any hold up in high school jobs, outside of signing the contract and school XYZ wouldn't let you out. And really, those don't hold a lot of water these days.

nsuqb10

Let's be honest if they interviewed and this was the end case he never really wanted to give it up to begin with

Brian G

One possible, the coach has a kid that is a senior and wants to let him finished where he's at.

Another, family health or other issue like spouse's job.

Again, just a theory.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on April 22, 2018, 07:55:34 am
One possible, the coach has a kid that is a senior and wants to let him finished where he's at.

Another, family health or other issue like spouse's job.

Again, just a theory.

Ok, you usually don't throw out "theories", just seeing there was more to it.

Brian G

Quote from: ricepig on April 22, 2018, 10:16:50 am
Ok, you usually don't throw out "theories", just seeing there was more to it.
Well.

R. A.™

word has a new HC will be named today...

Pat Swilling

RZback

Another one, number 3?

Baitshop

April 23, 2018, 12:14:31 pm #126 Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 12:31:47 pm by Baitshop
NM

Mulerider4Life

Again, I'm not sure what is so hard about finding a good candidate for this job. Conway is exploding. Better place to live than Benton/Bryant/Jacksonville/Cabot. The program will improve over time with a better selection of athletes to choose from.

jacketracket

This hire will probably shock a ton of people today that don't know the new head coach.

Baitshop

Quote from: jacketracket on April 23, 2018, 12:40:03 pm
This hire will probably shock a ton of people today that don't know the new head coach.

People might be underwhelmed initially, but this guy has been an outstanding assistant/coordinator at some very good programs. He is a no BS kind of guy that his kids play hard for. I think that he will do fine.

R. A.™

Will this new coach be able to bring in any assistants?

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 23, 2018, 12:22:24 pm
Again, I'm not sure what is so hard about finding a good candidate for this job. Conway is exploding. Better place to live than Benton/Bryant/Cabot. The program will improve over time with a better selection of athletes to choose from.

Place gets a Sam's and On the Border and they think they are high roller status.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on April 23, 2018, 01:35:07 pm
Place gets a Sam's and On the Border and they think they are high roller status.

I think its a better infrastructure overall.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on April 23, 2018, 02:36:59 pm
I think its a better infrastructure overall.

I'm not getting into a roundabout debate with a circular logic man like yourself.

Brian G

Iknewthemwhen

Why would a coach not be able to come to a job he wants?

AirWarren

April 23, 2018, 03:44:41 pm #136 Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 03:46:32 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: we_hate_the_band on April 23, 2018, 01:35:07 pm

Lol.

Benton/Bryant/Cabot/Conway. Central Arkansas. All the same to me.

nsuqb10

So who did they hire, thought it was Ashcraft

francocat

Keith Fimple. Said the determining factor was the restaurants & shopping that Conway offers.

Iknewthemwhen

is that who was hired?  where's he been

Brian G

Keith Fimple was at Southside for years and just recently at Har-Ber.

He officially has the job.

(that's not a theory)

HawgDaddy

Keith Fimple is a great dude!  He treats kids with a great deal of respect, knows how to motivate kids, and will be a great hire for Conway!  Congratulations Coach Fimple!

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Someone finally convinced him to be their head coach!  One of the most respected coaches in Arkansas, and definitely the most respected assistant coach.  Congratulations to Coach Fimple and to Conway.

Mulerider4Life

Anyone know anything about the offense he will run? Defense?

Pat Swilling

Very Good hire by Conway.  Excellent reputation.

Iknewthemwhen

Good that they got a guy, good luck to the new man.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas