• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A District Tournament @ Lincoln

Started by BVCAT, February 12, 2018, 05:43:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BVCAT

February 12, 2018, 05:43:18 pm Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:38:46 pm by BVCAT
BOYS
Tuesday
5:30 (1) Pea Ridge 52 vs. 8 Gentry 47
8:30 (2) Gravette 57 vs. (7) Lincoln 48

Wednesday
5:30 (3) Berryville 57 vs. (6) Huntsville 44
8:30 (4) Prairie Grove 56 vs. (5)Shiloh 65

Friday
5:30 Pea Ridge 43 vs. Shiloh 51
8:30 Gravette 55 vs. Berryville 70

Saturday
5:30 Pea Ridge 53 vs. Gravette 45
8:30 Berryville 67 vs. Shiloh 55

Regional Seeds
1. Berryville
2. Shiloh
3. Pea Ridge
4. Gravette

GIRLS
Tuesday
4:00 (1) Berryville 54 vs. 8 Shiloh 20
7:00 (2) Gravette 54 vs. (7) Pea Ridge 45

Wednesday
4:00 (3) Gentry 31 vs. (6) Huntsville 41
7:00 (4) Prairie Grove 40 vs. (5) Lincoln 21

Friday
4:00 Berryville 48 vs. Prairie Grove 36
7:00 Gravette 64 vs. Huntsville 48

Saturday
4:00 Prairie Grove 37vs. Huntsville 20
7:00 Berryville 44 vs. Gravette 49

Regional Seeds
1. Gravette
2. Berryville
3. Prairie Grove
4. Huntsville

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Are semi-finals going to be on Friday and Championships Saturday?

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on February 13, 2018, 09:34:18 am
Are semi-finals going to be on Friday and Championships Saturday?
Nevermind, I found a copy of the full bracket.

BVCAT

Girls
Berryville 54
Shiloh 20

Boys
Pea Ridge 52
Gentry 47

beach bum

Quote from: BVCAT on February 13, 2018, 07:20:09 pm
Girls
Berryville 54
Shiloh 20

Boys
Pea Ridge 52
Gentry 47

Thanks for updating scores.... And is that Pea Ridge score a final? That is a tiny scare in a 1 vs 8 matchup.

BVCAT

Yes, those were both final scores......

Girls
Gravette   54
Pea Ridge   45
Final

Baller91

Quote from: beach bum on February 13, 2018, 09:09:00 pm
Thanks for updating scores.... And is that Pea Ridge score a final? That is a tiny scare in a 1 vs 8 matchup.

Gentry led by 6  to 10 points most of the game, they just couldn't finish. They had to foul a couple of times at the end, or it would have been even closer. It was a good game.

BVCAT

prHOG13

Quote from: Baller91 on February 13, 2018, 09:21:48 pm
Gentry led by 6  to 10 points most of the game, they just couldn't finish. They had to foul a couple of times at the end, or it would have been even closer. It was a good game.
It was quite a scare. Not to take away anything from Gentry, but PR played probably their worst game of the season and was lucky to escape with a win. Missed layups, a lot of FT misses, and some very careless turnovers. Glad they're still playing, but need to get focused if they want a chance on Friday.

BigGuy22

Yes Pea Ridge played horrible. A lot of gimmes were missed down low by the post, some guards didn't finish around the rim and the shooters didn't make the shots they normally do. I do think they will pick it up these next couple of games do to the fact that they either play Shiloh(which is a reason to be excited in itself) or they play Prairie Grove, the only team that beat them in conference. If Pea Ridge plays to the way they are capable of these kids will go pretty far but if they play like they played against Gentry last night. It won't be very good for the blackhawks

Ole Legend

Pea Ridge missed a ton of shots, but don't take anything away from what Gentry did. Those Gentry kids knew they had to come out and play physical, and that's exactly what they did. They also shot the ball very well from outside. Pea Ridge will play better, I am looking forward to the rest of this tourney.

BVCAT

February 14, 2018, 09:25:13 pm #11 Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:02:26 pm by BVCAT
Girls
Huntsville 41
Gentry 31
Final

Boys
Berryville 57
Huntsville 44
Final

Girls
Prairie Grove 40
Lincoln 21
Final

Boys
Shiloh 65
Prairie Grove 56
Final

Trackhawk

Quote from: beach bum on February 13, 2018, 09:09:00 pm
Gentry has been an up and down team all year.  They played into the finals of the Southwest Holiday Classic and got crushed by Gravette, then turned around beat Gravette a week later in a conference game.  When the Pioneers are on, they are good.  Pea Ridge didn't lead the game any until the last part of the 4th quarter, and they could have easily lost.  The Hawks had around 19 turnovers and made but 3 treys.  They have made 17 3-pointers in a game twice this year.  Pea Ridge is very good about not giving up and battling to the end, even when things are not going well.  When the Hawks are on, they will be very hard to beat

BigGuy22

Excited to see that berryville gravette matchup! Should be a pretty good game. have they played each other this year?

Sportshawk

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 15, 2018, 10:21:51 am
Excited to see that berryville gravette matchup! Should be a pretty good game. have they played each other this year?
They haven't played each other yet.  Both teams have had good and not so good games these past few weeks,  They are both legitimate threats to win the district, along with Pea Ridge.

BigGuy22

Yeah, I think Pea Ridge is the favorite probably most likely cause they've beaten Prairie Grove and Shiloh 20 last time they've played them and they've beaten Gravette both times in a combined 7 OT's. I think Pea Ridge will beat Shiloh pretty easy and I would say Gravette outs Berryville most likely of the combo guards in Wishon and Tremblay but I would like to see a Berryville- Pea Ridge matchup in the finals.

royalhoops

Was last night really Coach Stafford's final game?

Ole Legend

Quote from: royalhoops on February 15, 2018, 12:42:54 pm
Was last night really Coach Stafford's final game?

Most likely. I saw a quote where he told the reporter he was 99% sure he was done.

Sportshawk

Quote from: BigGuy22 on February 15, 2018, 11:14:47 am
Yeah, I think Pea Ridge is the favorite probably most likely cause they've beaten Prairie Grove and Shiloh 20 last time they've played them and they've beaten Gravette both times in a combined 7 OT's. I think Pea Ridge will beat Shiloh pretty easy and I would say Gravette outs Berryville most likely of the combo guards in Wishon and Tremblay but I would like to see a Berryville- Pea Ridge matchup in the finals.
I would like to see a Pea Ridge/Gravette final hoping for the chance to prove the Hawks could beat them in regulation.  On the other hand, we haven't played Berryville and that would be a good thing.  I really like the folks at both Berryville and Gravette and I am glad that one of them will be in the finals.  First we have to get by Shiloh, which I think we will do.  We usually follow a bad game (like last Tuesday) with a really good game.

BigGuy22

Well I can assure you that these boys are gonna be absolutely pumped for this match up! Shiloh and Pea Ridge has always been a rivalry game and after the atmosphere at Shiloh when Pea Ridge beat them 20 and all the trash talk! It was a great game. I think Shiloh will come out with some fire and they need to be able to defend the 3 ball from the bigger guard. He can hit some shots. I'm excited for this game! I'll be there rooting on the Blackhawks!

Trackhawk

Shiloh upsets Pea Ridge, putting Shiloh into the district finals.  It was the second straight poor shooting night for the Hawks, shooting 15% in the first half and just 38% in the second.  Pea Ridge's defense and Shiloh's many turnovers (19, I believe) kept the Hawks in the game.  Pea Ridge rallied to within 3 at 34-37 in the 4th, but two straight unforced turnovers led to 5 Shiloh points, and that was the game at that point.  Two late 3s by the Hawks cut it to 6, but it was too little too late.  Pea Ridge is not playing like a top 10 team this week.  They will play the state's #1 team Pottsville or Subiaco next week in the first round of Regions, depending on the outcome of tomorrows games

LRRandy

beach bum

Just call it for what it is folks.... 4A ball and even 3A basketball for that matter in NWA is way down this year.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on February 16, 2018, 08:34:34 pm
Just call it for what it is folks.... 4A ball and even 3A basketball for that matter in NWA is way down this year.
Cleopatra ain't the only queen of denial.

Mr. Mercer

4A Ball in general is never just stellar.... A few good teams and then a bunch of average ones. Even Baptist is mortal this year. If they're not knocking down shots from they'll be a new state champion.

BVCAT

Girls
Berryville 48
Prairie Grove 36

Boys
Shiloh 51
Pea Ridge 43

Girls
Gravette 64
Huntsville 48

Boys
Berryville 70
Gravette 55

RZback

Seems like you don't see the pure shooters as much, the one that goes and gets 20 +  points every night with 15-20 foot jumpers. 

prHOG13

Pea Ridge played probably their two worst games of the season these last two games. Sucks to end the season like that, but still a very good season for them. There's a lot of young talent on that team and they should be right there at the top of the conference again.

BVCAT

Quote from: BVCAT on February 12, 2018, 05:43:18 pm
BOYS
Tuesday

Wednesday

Friday

Saturday
5:30 Pea Ridge vs. Gravette
8:30 Berryville vs. Shiloh

GIRLS
Tuesday

Wednesday

Friday

Saturday
4:00 Prairie Grove vs. Huntsville
7:00 Berryville vs. Gravette

BigGuy22

Anybody have the score for Shiloh Christian vs berryville?

BVCAT

Boys
Pea Ridge 53
Gravette 45

Berryville 67
Shiloh 55

Girls
Gravette 49
Berryville 44

Huntsville
Prairie Grove

BVCAT

Quote from: BVCAT on February 12, 2018, 05:43:18 pm
BOYS
Tuesday

Wednesday

Friday

Saturday
5:30 Pea Ridge 53 vs. Gravette 45
8:30 Berryville 67 vs. Shiloh 55

Regional Seeds
1. Berryville
2. Shiloh
3. Pea Ridge
4. Gravette

GIRLS
Tuesday

Wednesday

Friday

Saturday
4:00 Prairie Grove vs. Huntsville
7:00 Berryville 44 vs. Gravette 49

Regional Seeds
1. Gravette
2. Berryville

Livewire

I was somewhat surprised to see Berryville win district. I haven't even seen them mentioned on any of the forums all year, and living several hours drive away it isn't feasible to go watch them play.
Obviously they have been overlooked! Enlighten us on them, please. Are they shooters, big, aggressive, or just fortunate to be there?

beach bum

Quote from: Livewire on February 18, 2018, 08:48:36 am
I was somewhat surprised to see Berryville win district. I haven't even seen them mentioned on any of the forums all year, and living several hours drive away it isn't feasible to go watch them play.
Obviously they have been overlooked! Enlighten us on them, please. Are they shooters, big, aggressive, or just fortunate to be there?

I had a hunch they were being overlooked and honestly these stupid blended conferences and the coaches voting was a total show of favoritism. They should have been the 2 seed easily going into the district tournament but 6 of the coaches in the 1-4A are in Gravette's blended conference so they showed favoritism to Gravette over Berryville. I thought that was a joke cause Berryville had a way better resume than Gravette. Pea Ridge did deserve the 1 spot for their regular season performance so no problem with that. Coaches should not be voting on something they are emotionally invested in. They matched Berryville and Huntsville up obviously on purpose or both of them would have come out in my opinion.

beach bum

Great job to Berryville. Getting the 1 seed at regionals on their home floor will do them well. Its not easy to win at Berryville when they have a good team. If they can avoid a strange first game at regionals and not come out with a little nerves to show well at home in the first round I expect them to at least get 2 out of 3 games at regionals. I expect them to do well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas