• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All-Star game roster

Started by SUGARTOWN, January 26, 2018, 11:06:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

SandRattler

I am curious how they chose kickers. The Little Rock Catholic Kicker is a stud but the Springdale Kicker is just ok. Yes I am a Homer but Dardanelles kicker is as good as Little Rock Catholic Kicker and has much better stats than the Springdale Kicker. Sounds like politics to me. I mean the head coach from Springdale is the All Star coach and somehow the very average but ok Springdale Kicker goes to the All Star Game. Not to mention not one kid from 4-4A was invited. I can't judge that because I have not seen everyone play but have seen the stats on the kickers. All the same you can't tell me Booneville didn't have one deserving kid.

SUGARTOWN

Was Dardanelle's kicker a senior?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SandRattler on January 26, 2018, 12:59:42 pm
I am curious how they chose kickers. The Little Rock Catholic Kicker is a stud but the Springdale Kicker is just ok. Yes I am a Homer but Dardanelles kicker is as good as Little Rock Catholic Kicker and has much better stats than the Springdale Kicker. Sounds like politics to me. I mean the head coach from Springdale is the All Star coach and somehow the very average but ok Springdale Kicker goes to the All Star Game. Not to mention not one kid from 4-4A was invited. I can't judge that because I have not seen everyone play but have seen the stats on the kickers. All the same you can't tell me Booneville didn't have one deserving kid.
I've never seen either kick so I can't comment on their ability. I can say that pretty much no one cares which kicker the head coach picks.

SandRattler

SandRattler

Quote from: Oldman on January 26, 2018, 02:14:01 pm
I've never seen either kick so I can't comment on their ability. I can say that pretty much no one cares which kicker the head coach picks.
Your right kickers are never important to the game of football.    ;D I do think its important if kicker can kick into the end zone 99% of the time which Dardanelle kicker does. The point is All Star Game should be the best the state has to offer.

Big Fan

Quote from: Oldman on January 26, 2018, 02:14:01 pm
I can say that pretty much no one cares which kicker the head coach picks.
Marcus Elliot...is that you??

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SandRattler on January 26, 2018, 03:04:45 pm
Your right kickers are never important to the game of football.    ;D I do think its important if kicker can kick into the end zone 99% of the time which Dardanelle kicker does. The point is All Star Game should be the best the state has to offer.
Who votes  for all stars?

Overdahill

Quote from: SandRattler on January 26, 2018, 12:59:42 pm

I can't comment on these situations specifically but there are kids who may have been selected but choose not to play for a variety of reasons

SandRattler

Quote from: Overdahill on January 26, 2018, 05:37:23 pm
I can't comment on these situations specifically but there are kids who may have been selected but choose not to play for a variety of reasons
Thats true the year my son played they had to go beg for players that was not selected.

Oldbadger

I know the Arkadelphia Badgers don't feel the kicker isn't important.  He kicked all four extra points for them in the Championship game.  Had he missed one, the outcome of that game could have been drastically different.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Oldbadger on January 27, 2018, 10:53:39 am
I know the Arkadelphia Badgers don't feel the kicker isn't important.  He kicked all four extra points for them in the Championship game.  Had he missed one, the outcome of that game could have been drastically different.
Is he on the all star team?

hogfan10

Gray lizard

First thing I looked for on the list was Temo Martinez Dardanelle. What a shame.

Oldbadger

Heard he was a very good player.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas