• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-7 West (boys & girls)

Started by hogtastics, November 19, 2017, 02:17:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eslim03

They don't bid on district tournaments to my knowledge they are supposed to rotate thru the schools. The district is at Poyen but if I want to complain I will do just that.

LeftyWorld

January 21, 2018, 07:14:46 pm #51 Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:16:50 pm by LeftyWorld
They bid it's not a rotation is what I was told because I had the same question as to how they got so many tournaments to host but that may not be correct but made sense. And with their super retiring after this year and having a new facility they are trying to get all they can and apparently put in some very good bids. Just how the games played, but make no mistake I'm sure many people aren't excited about having to go to poyen.....

couch-coach06

The district was bid on this year .. but will go back too rotation next year when we go back too a more normal conference.

NWA Hawg

How is everyone team doing in 2a-7 jr high conference play?

zsparker93

Anyone have brackets for this district tournament yet?

N2DEEP

Boys:

UPPER

Caddo Hills vs Murfreesboro 2-12 8:30p

winner plays Poyen 2-13 8:30p

winner plays Mt. Pine 2-16 8:30p

LOWER

Foreman vs Magnet Cove 2-12 5:50p

winner plays Cutter Morning Star 2-13 5:50p

winner plays Blevins 2-16 5:50p

Finals 2-17 6:30p

NWA Hawg

Quote from: N2DEEP on February 10, 2018, 08:12:38 am
Boys:

UPPER

Caddo Hills vs Murfreesboro 2-12 8:30p

winner plays Poyen 2-13 8:30p

winner plays Mt. Pine 2-16 8:30p

LOWER

Foreman vs Magnet Cove 2-12 5:50p

winner plays Cutter Morning Star 2-13 5:50p

winner plays Blevins 2-16 5:50p

Finals 2-17 6:30p

Where is district at?

Jawalpole

PapaHog

What happened to Foreman in the second half of the season?

Eslim03

Foreman played mountain pine tuff then started struggling. They got everybody's best shot after the pine game and really snow balled a little. If they can Start shooting it better and playing to their capabilities they should do fine in the tournament. I hope so anyway.

PapaHog

Shocked to see they lost to Magnet Cove.

Eslim03

Well foreman beat magnet cove tonight and played much better. We play cutter tomorrow night.

Eslim03

Foreman 70
Cutter 55
Final boys
Murfreesboro girls beat foreman not sure the score because I was late getting there. I wish somebody at these games could help update us on there teams scores please.

Ripjaw

February 13, 2018, 11:40:11 pm #63 Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:46:56 pm by Ripjaw
Caddo Hills boys beat Poyen 56 44 tonight.

Eslim03

Boys semifinals Friday at Poyen
Blevins vs. Foreman 5:50
Mountain Pine vs. Caddo Hills 8:30

Bigpoppie

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: Bigpoppie on February 14, 2018, 08:20:06 am
what about girls semis?
Girls Semis

Blevins vs Caddo Hills 4:30
Poyen vs Murfreesboro 7:10

ak58

Can someone post these scores for us when they play?

old.dole

I'll predict pine as the 1 seed then Blevins foreman and cadd hills on boys for regionals

neutralobserver

Girls will be
1. Caddo Hills
2. Murfreesboro
3. Poyen
4. Blevins

Ripjaw

Girls
1 Caddo
2 Poyen
3 Murfreesboro
4 Blevins
1& 2 could flip flop depend on if Caddo girls played as well
aganist Poyen as they did in the first match up.

Boys
1 Mt Pine
2 Blevins
3 Foreman
4 Caddo
2 and 3 could flip flop depends on how well Forman plays.
If one of the Fresman for Caddo gets hot they could sneak up to 3. Just my opinion.

couch-coach06

Well we don't play a 3rd place game so seeding sets the bottom two..

Ripjaw

i seen that after i looked at bracket they all will have to play well to beat Mt Pine.  i think Caddo is seeded higher than Foreman, if they go off of just conference record that should be the case. So they may still get the 3.

Ripjaw

oldmanbbfan

Jawalpole

Blevins wins 62-61 over Foreman

neutralobserver

Ripjaw

ak58

Are there games for 3/4 place tomorrow?

Ripjaw

ak58

How are they determining who gets 3rd, 4th?

hawgfan15

Quote from: ak58 on February 16, 2018, 11:49:56 pm
How are they determining who gets 3rd, 4th?

Highest seed so Caddo will be the 3 and Foreman will be the 4. Their reward is a matchup with Bearden and PC.

old.dole

Anyone know why they don't play a 3/4 game. I can understand it in baseball but not basketball

hawgfan15

Quote from: old.dole on February 17, 2018, 12:40:07 am
Anyone know why they don't play a 3/4 game. I can understand it in baseball but not basketball

The reason I have been told is that it rewards the winner of the regular season by ensuring that they are no lower than a 3 seed for regionals.

In my opinion getting that automatic bid to regionals is reward enough and the host school for the district tournament misses out on some serious money by not getting those two 3rd place games.

hogman1886

How does everyone think the 2A-7 east will do against the west?

ak58

the west for the girls is better. I think the East may be better in boys but I've only seen Blevins and Foreman boys play so I can't speak for mt pine and Caddo. PC, Bearen, and HG boys are very solid.

Ripjaw

I think that is pretty accurate Mt Pine is pretty solid should be able to hold their own agnist the East. Caddos best players are young. They could make some noise just dont know if they have enough to make a big run this year.

PapaHog

The west is better for boys and girls. Other side of the region has 2 good teams.

neutralobserver

Caddo Hills girls and MP boys are much better than I thought.  I think they both win by double digits tonight.  But, I do think the west will do very well against the east in regionals.

Expect an all west region finals in girls and MP vs PC in boys.

beastmode00

Eslim03

Ripjaw

PapaHog

ak58

I hope coach Lowry gets a win over Murfreesboro.
Spring Hill has  a tough road to the finals, but they can get there. Will have to beat poyen on their home court.

PapaHog

HG is overrated. SH isn't a threat to win state, but they are certainly good enough to win this region. Let's not get all high and mighty. SH girls should be in the finals for sure. Should be.

ak58

Yeah they should be. State tourney will be tough. Caddo and poyen are beatable. Good teams tho! It will be a good region.

neutralobserver

February 18, 2018, 02:54:27 pm #96 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:58:16 pm by neutralobserver
 :(Everyone in 2A is beatable.  There's no Norfork in AA.  That being said, the number one and 2 finishers in this region get big breaks in state tournament.  Both get byes.

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: PapaHog on February 17, 2018, 01:16:35 pm
The west is better for boys and girls. Other side of the region has 2 good teams.

I 2nd this

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas