• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Art of Trolling

Started by ViloniaEaglestoWMS, November 20, 2016, 05:27:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

I have been here for many years.  I have literally gotten death threats.  It was fantastic.  I am a classic troll from when Fearless was born, back in 2003.

007 got tired of turning radio knobs listening to ball games.  Even though his Greyhounds suck.  Tree in the endzone and all that.

The Art of Trolling is simple, and it is this:

1: Never argue.  Get people to argue with you.

This is the golden rule of trolling.

2. When you're arguing, say things to intentionally provoke an emotional reaction.  You don't even have to believe what you're saying.

You can say anything, anything at all, as long as you get an emotional reaction.  Absolutely nothing is off limits.

3.  Once your target is angry and emotional, you own them.

I've only been doing this since 1997.

Trolling used to be a joke.  Not any more.  We just elected the greatest Twitter troll of all time to the White House. 

Donald Trump's Twitter feed is a work of art.  That man understands trolling, and he rode that to the presidency.

Trolling works, y'all.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

This is what happens in the real world as a result of trolling.

We literally triggered a presidential candidate.

That ended up being 5 million votes.  We straight up abused her advisors to the point where she dragged us into the mainstream.  Trolling works.

Please, Mrs. Clinton, don't throw us in that briar patch!"

beach bum

I use the 2nd one quite a bit.... People on here think I am being serious when I would say 10-15% of my posts are completely meant to instigate haha. I don't even believe a bunch of the stuff I write.

PrivateLesson

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.  --  Einstein. 

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 20, 2016, 09:35:41 am
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.  --  Einstein. 

"I escaped the gas chamber simply because of my plagiarizing abilities."

- Albert Einstein

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: ViloniaEaglestoWMS on November 20, 2016, 05:27:42 am
I have been here for many years.  I have literally gotten death threats.  It was fantastic.  I am a classic troll from when Fearless was born, back in 2003.

007 got tired of turning radio knobs listening to ball games.  Even though his Greyhounds suck.  Tree in the endzone and all that.

The Art of Trolling is simple, and it is this:

1: Never argue.  Get people to argue with you.

This is the golden rule of trolling.

2. When you're arguing, say things to intentionally provoke an emotional reaction.  You don't even have to believe what you're saying.

You can say anything, anything at all, as long as you get an emotional reaction.  Absolutely nothing is off limits.

3.  Once your target is angry and emotional, you own them.

I've only been doing this since 1997.

Trolling used to be a joke.  Not any more.  We just elected the greatest Twitter troll of all time to the White House. 

Donald Trump's Twitter feed is a work of art.  That man understands trolling, and he rode that to the presidency.

Trolling works, y'all.

fastdrop

I taught class on trolling. I have retired.

My first Troll - The Hogs should play ASU. Still works today on idiots.

PrivateLesson

Glad to see you posting FD!:)  and Ivan was a classic troll.  Loved him on the politics board.  Made me smile for days:)

fastdrop

Speaking of the politics board I made a Trump for President thread a few years ago. I was trolling but dang who would of thunk it.

Yep, it was fun. I think on the whole most people understood it was all in good clean fun. Maybe, our society can get back to the point that  ----- sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Yep, good times on the whole.

Ventman

Brian G

QF was decent at it.

God rest her soul.

SackAttack

Quote from: fastdrop on November 23, 2016, 05:27:03 pm
I taught class on trolling. I have retired.

My first Troll - The Hogs should play ASU. Still works today on idiots.
You guys may not know but there is a guy who lives in spirit only and in infamy on the basketball boards named Backboard Shattered! Sheer genius imagination and extraordinary story teller. In my opinion you can never be a good troll unless youve been banned a couple of times and had multiple warnings and he's had both. Hall of Fame troller by unanimous vote. Also in my opinion you must be a fantastic salesman.

1.Agitate
2.False flags
3.True nonsense
4.Multiple stances
5.Humor
6.Feigned indignance
7.Subtle insults
8.Insincere apologies

Chief_Osceola™

To add to OP and the post above, when making a troll thread, the troll should have at least a modicum of truth. Just enough to reel in the ones you're trolling. That's what gets them emotionally charged enough to want to argue.

SackAttack

See above categories 1.False flags 2.True Nonsense

Chief_Osceola™

Ah I see - wasn't sure what those meant but I get it now.

SackAttack

Feigned indignance is my personal favorite!! Make them think theyve really stepped on your toes when in reality you knew how they would respond before they even started typing. Classic!! Ol Backboard I sure hope hes back soon that guy kept me in stitches.

Coach Venny Slocombe

It is an art for sure...but to make it happen there have to be several takers and this board is full of takers... ;D

Lions84

BannerMountainMan

Check out Eagle Mom3 and Daddy Eagles posts on 1a basketball, complete 100% trolls, need them off..

PrivateLesson

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 09, 2017, 09:52:12 pm
Check out Eagle Mom3 and Daddy Eagles posts on 1a basketball, complete 100% trolls, need them off..

Didn't you name them poster of the year??   

Ty

Quote from: B.G. on January 02, 2017, 09:00:35 pm
QF was decent at it.

God rest her soul.

What is she up to these days? Heard from her lately?

Cabotfan

Quote from: Ty on March 12, 2017, 01:52:07 am
What is she up to these days? Heard from her lately?
Don't ask him about those voices in his head.

QF = troll? Nah, too much female, always speaking her mind going on.

Brian G

She's hoping for her own reality show.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas