• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is your most favorite football games u ever seen as a fan or as a player

Started by tmycjy, January 08, 2016, 12:07:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: zebradynasty on June 17, 2016, 12:22:33 pm
They've had that look a lot lately!

I can't argue with that. That wasn't the only time WC scored a lot of points and still lost last year and it's why their DC was sent packing after last season. It will be interesting to see if the Cat defense improves under the new DC. They have a lot coming back this year.

Beardad

Haven't they always had alot coming back?  Bell cow Cole still there?

GuvHog

Quote from: Beardad on June 17, 2016, 01:05:17 pm
Haven't they always had alot coming back?  Bell cow Cole still there?

No, he graduated. That was a big loss.

They don't always have a lot coming back. 2 years ago they were young and inexperience and it showed. Last year they were some better on offense but the defense stunk. Hopefully they'll improve under a new DC this year. Not making any predictions though. I have them at #10 in my 5A pole for now.

Hoghead2

Quote from: tmycjy on January 08, 2016, 12:07:27 pm
What are is most favorite football game u seen ad a fan or player and please explain why this is

Here is my top 10 list for Wynne that I seen over the years

10. Wynne vs Sharden 13-8 wynne 1986 playoff first round this game would have gone to Sharden if it want for a long touchdown run to win the game one interesting note is that Don Campbell was head coach of sherden that year

9. Wynne vs magnolia 33-29 magnolia 1993 quarter final playoff game this one the whole game was the last 3 or 4 min of the game wynne was trailing 17-7 before wynne score all there point and before magnolia score there others

8. Wynne vs Beebe 7-0 beebe 2010 regular season week 6 that game was going to be a defense of game wynne going run a much clock off as they could and same with beebe

7. Wynne vs Morrilton 18-14 Morrilton 1995 first round playoff game both team that year was really good and some one was going to lose wynne got stop at the 1 yard line when time ran out

6. Wynne vs Stuttgart 34-33 wynne 2001 state tittle game wynne was just 1 extra point better then Stuttgart one downer note was that at that time Slade camp set a WR record for catches I'm that game

5. Wynne vs Hope 17-14 ot hope 2000 Simi finals that game is one of my favorite one because that last 2 min was the game this game was tie 0-0 going in to the last 2 min

4. Wynne vs Alma 14-7 wynne 2004 Simi final wynne hold alma on 4 down 1 on the 1 to win this game this another of my favorite one

3. Wynne vs Batesville 17-13 Batesville 2010 regular season week 7 Batesville return a fumble back 97 yard to win this game on a play were wynne Gose for it to help them on the point system in a close race

2.  Wynne vs Greenwood 28-26 wynne 2004 state tittle game wynne hold GW on a 2 point coveron with about 30 sec left in the game but both side were real good at what they do interesting note here is that coach Rick Jones from greenwood was in his 1st season at greenwood

1. Wynne vs P.A. 43-42 PA 2006 Simi finals both team were some of the best team in the state that year and some one whole have to lose here p.a. was just a 2 point conversion better then wynne interesting note this game was the last game Don Campbell ever coach at Wynne before his  retirement from coaching

Game 5 is one of my favorites as well.  That game was wild at the end. Hope had to score a 2 point  conversion over again due to a penalty.  Wynne missed a FG in OT on their possession. Hope lines up for a FG from 22 yards out. Carlos Bautista nails it !  Hope 17 Wynne 14 !!!!

Rocko1493

Either the Batesville Wynne game where Batesville won after a late fumble (made espn)  or the playoff game at Pioneer stadium against Alma

Dayton Kitchens

As a player

Dierks 7  Murfreesboro 3  1984.    Dierks made no less than three Goal Line stands to preserve the victory.

As a coach

Augusta 54   Marked Tree 52  2013    Five overtimes with Augusta (with difficulty) stopping a Marked Tree 2 pt. attempt at the end of the 5th OT.

Augusta was behind 14-0 and 20-6 at different times in the first half before tying it 20-20 not long before halftime.

Marked Tree's first touchdown was a 99 yard pass. 

Razorhummer

1991 State Championship Newport 7 Lake Hamilton 0
The 2 top defenses in the state meet and it was scoreless until late in the game when Tony "Bubba" Phillips rushed for a long touchdown and held off Lake Hamilton and won state and finished 14-0.

Hoghead2

1969 Hope 9-2 vs 10-0 Arkadelphia. Hope upsets #1 in AA Arkadelphia at Henderson St. 14-7. Arkadelphia lead 7-0  going into 4th quarter. Then Artis  Martin ripped off a 79 yd TD as Hope converted a two point conversion for a 8-7 lead. Another Hope TD iced the game and sent the Badgers packing. The 4AA was divided into 2 divisions West and East back then. Hope played the 4AA East Champs Camden High on Wednesday night and won 13-6.
4AA West was Arkadelphia, Camden Lincoln,  Malvern, Hope and Camden Fairview.  4AA East was Warren, Crossett,  Smackover, Magnolia and Camden High.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on June 14, 2016, 02:07:56 pm
Camden Fairview at Magnolia 2006. Both teams had split victories in non conference play for the past few years. The conferences were reclassified putting both teams in the 5A South. Both teams were like 6-0 and the trash talk was brutal. Our class had it out for Magnolia every since they ended our Jr. High teams winning streak. The stans were packed and a a good 3,000 fans were standing around the fence to see the game. CF's Curtis was on a gimpy ankle which in my opinion was why the game was so close. CF won when Magnolia elected to throw for 2-point conversion and failed leaving the score 28-27. The game next year was packed with Magnolia thinking they were going to spoil CFs homecoming but Curtis wasnt hurt that game  :) ;D

+1, that was the game I was thinking about too. One of the best games I have seen in my life on any level. Both teams played their hearts out.

Devil Dog 17

in 2013, on the Devil Dogs route to the state championship, they played PA.  That was my all time favorite high school FB game.  Lots of points from both teams. PA tried 10 on-side kicks, all 10 recovered by the Dogs.  O, and by the way, guess who punted??

the voice

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on July 13, 2016, 01:03:56 pm
in 2013, on the Devil Dogs route to the state championship, they played PA.  That was my all time favorite high school FB game.  Lots of points from both teams. PA tried 10 on-side kicks, all 10 recovered by the Dogs.  O, and by the way, guess who punted??

Punted more than once , and it was the last time PA lost ,

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on July 13, 2016, 06:56:02 pm
Punted more than once , and it was the last time PA lost ,

PA lost the first game of 2014 to Highland Park.  That was their last loss.

the voice

pantherblue

2009 and the Winston led Greenbrier team against the Dyer led LR Christian team....   I think Dyer scored 6 times and Winston scored 7 times....  It was the wildest game I have ever watched in HS Football....

Razorhummer

I remember in 2005 Batesville had a great team and was a favorite to win state going into the semifinals at 12-0. I went to Pioneer Stadium that night and watched Morrilton come in as a 4th seed from the west and pulled off one of the biggest upsets I've ever seen by beating Batesville 38-6.

Hoghead2

Hope vs Arkadelphia 1980. Badgers ranked #1 in AAA. Arkadelphia  leads 17-0 at the half.  The Dwyane Stanley show took over in the 2nd half. The Hope RB ran for 167 yards and two TD's. Then threw a 47 yard TD to Todd Mazur for a 21-17 comeback win. It was wild that night in Hammons Stadium.

Go Postal

FOOTBALL:
2008 Harrison @ Greenwood.  Goblins win by 3 points in a 99 point game.  Didn't both future Razorbacks, Wilson (Bulldogs), Tate (Goblins) play in that game?
2014 Harrison/Camden Fairview in that 115 point first round game was pretty wild.  Here are some quotes from ff during that game...
>Halftime  28-14 Harrison
>Start of 4th quarter 37-27 Harrison
>That was quick 40-37 CF leads 7:51 to go
>47-37 CF with 5:20 to go
>54-40 CF with 1:24 left.   I'd say it's over
>Harrison just ran kickoff back.  54-47.  It's not over yet!!
>Holy cow CF 61-47 1:00 to go
>Pass Int on Camden, have distance to goal. Goblins may punch it again.
>TOUCHDOWN Goblins. Unreal.
>Camden 61 Harrison 54 8 seconds left.
>onside goes out of bounds Camden ball. Game is finally over.
>CF wins  61-54!!   What a game!!
>Gotta give it to Camden Fairvew players. They played hard tonite and never gave up. Unofficial I think CF had like 495 total yards and Harrison like 435.  One heck of a game the last 1:24 sec of game there were 4 touchdowns scored.

I'm going to also put in some of my other sports games that I liked.
BASKETBALL:
There are so many, for instance, like when Rose played for Harrison or the trio that played for Clarksville.  But the Goblins last year's first round against PA that went into 4 overtimes (almost five) was pretty dang exciting.  The Goblins were a junior/sophomore loaded team, they all will be back this next season.
GOBTV link below if you want to watch it

SOCCER:
There are so many but...
Harrison Goblins/Siloam Springs Panthers 2005 5A State Championship game.  (Harrison wins in last few seconds against it's arch 5A West rival.  The Panthers had t-shirts made up for the next years playoffs that said, "My two favorite teams are the Siloam Springs Panthers and any other team that can beat Harrison")  ;D
Harrison Goblins/De Queen Leopards 2013 5A Semi final game.  (De Queen was a 4peat 4A Champion coming into the 5A.  One of the fastest paced, most physical games that I ever saw.  Harrison wins 2-1.)

Harrison Lady Goblins/Pulaski Academy Lady Bruins 2016 5A State Championship game.  (Two of the best girls teams in the entire State.  Lady Goblins win 4-2.  Harrison's Freshman goalie gets the MVP trophy)
High School Sports Network link below, watch with free membership

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/aaa/f386907e15

Devil Dog 17

Quote from: Razorhummer on July 17, 2016, 01:24:45 am
I remember in 2005 Batesville had a great team and was a favorite to win state going into the semifinals at 12-0. I went to Pioneer Stadium that night and watched Morrilton come in as a 4th seed from the west and pulled off one of the biggest upsets I've ever seen by beating Batesville 38-6.
The Devil Dog defense might have been as good as I have ever saw it that night. Everything was clicking.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Go Postal on July 17, 2016, 09:26:32 pm
FOOTBALL:
2008 Harrison @ Greenwood.  Goblins win by 3 points in a 99 point game.  Didn't both future Razorbacks, Wilson (Bulldogs), Tate (Goblins) play in that game?

No, Shook was GW's QB. Wilson's last season was 2007 there.

Chip

morrilton also had a 9th grader rush for well over 100 yards that night

tmycjy

Not making u  upset but the score of that game was 31-8 Morrilton I'm going by what fearlessfriday has but I reamber it as 31-8 morrilton interesting note was are head coach now was head coach Morrilton when that happen

Razorhummer

Quote from: tmycjy on July 19, 2016, 05:06:04 pm
Not making u  upset but the score of that game was 31-8 Morrilton I'm going by what fearlessfriday has but I reamber it as 31-8 morrilton interesting note was are head coach now was head coach Morrilton when that happen
Yeah I realized I had it wrong by mistake. I remember when Morrilton was up 31-0 when I was leaving in the 4thq and heard the fireworks go off and the Pioneers finally scored.

27 Trap

The 1999 Wynne vs Osceola, played at Osceola, the crowd was estimated between 12.000 & 15.000, the stands were full and they were standing on the track  all around the field...Osceola was ranked #1 in the State , both were undefeated Osceola was 8-0 and Wynne 9-0, there was electricity in the air, Coach Fitz Hill was there along with two other Razorback coaches and he told me it like a Texas-Arkansas game.. It was 14-14 at the half , Wynne scored in third quarter to make it 21-14, Osceola scored in fourth quarter and went for two and  did not make it, making ii 21-20 with about ten minutes left in the game.. Osceola committed some turnovers and Wynne scored four more touchdowns to win the game...The atmosphere was unbelievable , hard to describe, it's what high school football is all about, people who were there will never forget that game...

tmycjy

Quote from: 27 Trap on July 29, 2016, 11:39:44 pm
The 1999 Wynne vs Osceola, played at Osceola, the crowd was estimated between 12.000 & 15.000, the stands were full and they were standing on the track  all around the field...Osceola was ranked #1 in the State , both were undefeated Osceola was 8-0 and Wynne 9-0, there was electricity in the air, Coach Fitz Hill was there along with two other Razorback coaches and he told me it like a Texas-Arkansas game.. It was 14-14 at the half , Wynne scored in third quarter to make it 21-14, Osceola scored in fourth quarter and went for two and  did not make it, making ii 21-20 with about ten minutes left in the game.. Osceola committed some turnovers and Wynne scored four more touchdowns to win the game...The atmosphere was unbelievable , hard to describe, it's what high school football is all about, people who were there will never forget that game...

I reamber that game one of the biggest crowd I ever been a part of another I like was 2000 season with them we played them at home me and my dad went to eat chili at 5:00 pm as we got done in press box opening it we go over to eat the gate didn't open at that time until 6:00 to 6:30 depending on the game and at 5:00 pm we had at least 1,000 people waiting in line and we look at each other a realize that we were a hole of something big again and I thing we were about 8,000 people that night and we played it in a monsoon rain storm

Hoghead2

The 1978 Hope 8-0 vs Camden High 8-0 game. 7AAA title game in Hope with over 9,000 fans packed Hammond Stadium. The game went into overtime tied at 7. Camden kicks a FG for 10-7 lead. Ricky Hutson hits Dale Walker in the back of the End Zone for a 13-10 Bobcat win.

bleudog

Didn't turn out the way I would have liked, but 'The Night the Lights Went Out In Junction City.'

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: Go Postal on July 17, 2016, 09:26:32 pm

FOOTBALL:
2014 Harrison/Camden Fairview in that 115 point first round game was pretty wild.  Here are some quotes from ff during that game...
>Halftime  28-14 Harrison
>Start of 4th quarter 37-27 Harrison
>That was quick 40-37 CF leads 7:51 to go
>47-37 CF with 5:20 to go
>54-40 CF with 1:24 left.   I'd say it's over
>Harrison just ran kickoff back.  54-47.  It's not over yet!!
>Holy cow CF 61-47 1:00 to go
>Pass Int on Camden, have distance to goal. Goblins may punch it again.
>TOUCHDOWN Goblins. Unreal.
>Camden 61 Harrison 54 8 seconds left.
>onside goes out of bounds Camden ball. Game is finally over.
>CF wins  61-54!!   What a game!!
>Gotta give it to Camden Fairvew players. They played hard tonite and never gave up. Unofficial I think CF had like 495 total yards and Harrison like 435.  One heck of a game the last 1:24 sec of game there were 4 touchdowns scored.

I'm going to also put in some of my other sports games that I liked.
BASKETBALL:
There are so many, for instance, like when Rose played for Harrison or the trio that played for Clarksville.  But the Goblins last year's first round against PA that went into 4 overtimes (almost five) was pretty dang exciting.  The Goblins were a junior/sophomore loaded team, they all will be back this next season.
GOBTV link below if you want to watch it

SOCCER:
There are so many but...
Harrison Goblins/Siloam Springs Panthers 2005 5A State Championship game.  (Harrison wins in last few seconds against it's arch 5A West rival.  The Panthers had t-shirts made up for the next years playoffs that said, "My two favorite teams are the Siloam Springs Panthers and any other team that can beat Harrison")  ;D
Harrison Goblins/De Queen Leopards 2013 5A Semi final game.  (De Queen was a 4peat 4A Champion coming into the 5A.  One of the fastest paced, most physical games that I ever saw.  Harrison wins 2-1.)

Harrison Lady Goblins/Pulaski Academy Lady Bruins 2016 5A State Championship game.  (Two of the best girls teams in the entire State.  Lady Goblins win 4-2.  Harrison's Freshman goalie gets the MVP trophy)
High School Sports Network link below, watch with free membership

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/aaa/f386907e15
Yeah the CF vs Harrison game was so crazy I was on the home side with my mouth wide open like 4 minutes after the game was over

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: Cardinalboi07 on June 14, 2016, 02:07:56 pm
Camden Fairview at Magnolia 2006. Both teams had split victories in non conference play for the past few years. The conferences were reclassified putting both teams in the 5A South. Both teams were like 6-0 and the trash talk was brutal. Our class had it out for Magnolia every since they ended our Jr. High teams winning streak. The stans were packed and a a good 3,000 fans were standing around the fence to see the game. CF's Curtis was on a gimpy ankle which in my opinion was why the game was so close. CF won when Magnolia elected to throw for 2-point conversion and failed leaving the score 28-27. The game next year was packed with Magnolia thinking they were going to spoil CFs homecoming but Curtis wasnt hurt that game  :) ;D
The best times ever it felt like I was at an NFL game in South Arkansas CF was so huge in everything then I hope it get's back to the days like that I always feel just a little glimpse of it when I go back.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas