• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City

Started by Beardad, December 15, 2015, 09:25:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Beardad

Here comes junction
Here comes junction
Right down 3A Lane.

Athletes and animals and all carpenters studs pulling on the reigns

Rings are blinging, cheer squads singing, y'all get ready to fight.  Lift your weights and say your prayers cause Carpenter comes tonight

Here comes junction
Here comes junction
Right down 3A Lane

They've got a gag that's filled with scores for your weak 3A game

Watch those touchdowns, see those shut outs. Oh what beautiful clout.

Jump in the weight room and hit those bleachers cause junction comes real soon

Here comes junction
Here comes junction
Right down 3A Lane

They don't care if your rich or poor, they'll whoop you just the same

Junction still know you're all Gods children's that makes it alright.

So jump in those pads and y'all get ready cause Junctions bringing the fight

WPWells

Save this post 😂😂😂 Junction may have won one 3A championship in the last 10 years

SR30

3A is a lot more ball than JC is used to. They may step up once or twice a year Non conference but to play it each week is a whole different world. Just ask Ft Lake, Bauxite and Boonville how moving up in class worked out. Gonna take JC a few years before they visit the Rock in 3A imo

WPWells

Booneville won 4A in 2013 and then couldn't win 3A with a lot of returning starters in 2014. This is a hard, loaded class

Headhunter15

Jc returns almost everybody...

Fox32

Time will tell, it always does but I think they will be fine. I figure they will have a good shot at winning the conference.

Lumberjackfan1978

Black and Gold

JC is always in the hunt, won't be counting them out anytime soon.

Lumberjackfan1978

Yea I wouldn't be surprised if junction won it next year

Black and Gold

I actually would be surprised

Lineman

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 15, 2015, 10:01:15 pm
So, JC couldn't win 2A this year, returns almost everybody & is expected to win 3A next year?  Y'all must be brewing the good stuff down in the swamp.

WPWells

I'll be shocked if JC wins it all next year

Jabali

Quote from: Stewie on December 15, 2015, 09:58:29 pm
Booneville won 4A in 2013 and then couldn't win 3A with a lot of returning starters in 2014. This is a hard, loaded class
The 2014 Booneville team was pretty good but still got mercy ruled by 4-A  Dardenelle.

adaptedtigerfan

Quote from: Jabali on December 16, 2015, 05:58:43 am
The 2014 Booneville team was pretty good but still got mercy ruled by 4-A  Dardenelle.
They almost got mercy ruled by 3A Charleston in the first meeting as well. 😜

Beardad

That got y'all kicked up. Junction may not win 1 in 3A, and I wouldn't be surprised if their 3A stint was short. Regardless, you can bet JC will be there in November every year. They'll break some hearts no doubt.

Jabali

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 16, 2015, 06:09:43 am
Quote from: Jabali on December 16, 2015, 05:58:43 am
They almost got mercy ruled by 3A Charleston in the first meeting as well. 😜
The beating at Dardy was pretty graphic though, nothing left for the imagination.

IMO JC will not dominate 3-A but will be in the hunt most years. Best game I have ever seen was Boonville and JC.

SR30

A lot of teams are returning almost everyone. GR lost 3 starting players this year on a team that made a strong run in the playoffs. I think JC will win games because that's what they do. But it will be awhile before they are in the Rock..

Black and Gold

I remember when Charleston first moved up, no one gave them a chance. We know how that went.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Black and Gold on December 16, 2015, 07:34:20 am
I remember when Charleston first moved up, no one gave them a chance. We know how that went.
good story

nastynice

Did Charleston move up or were they moved up because of reclassification of all schools?

nastynice

JC will do fine. Against what Stew thinks, I believe 3a is a weak class. There's about 5-7 schools that are any good every year. 3a is more competitive than 2a but that's not saying much.

Carljung

Quote from: nastynice on December 16, 2015, 08:24:26 am
JC will do fine. Against what Stew thinks, I believe 3a is a weak class. There's about 5-7 schools that are any good every year. 3a is more competitive than 2a but that's not saying much.
I agree... Jc will be a playoff team every year and possibly contend. I'm not sure about how the 6 will be in the future. I know smackover will be solid, no threat to win it, but solid. McGehee will be back in the mix next year imo. Fordyce has some talent returning...but not Gates. Jc won't come to 3A and dominate but they will be a contender every now and then. I can see them being anywhere from a 1 seed to a 4 seed next year.

Beardad

But seeded nonetheless.  lol

Headhunter15

Quote from: Lineman on December 16, 2015, 05:20:31 am
So, JC couldn't win 2A this year, returns almost everybody & is expected to win 3A next year?  Y'all must be brewing the good stuff down in the swamp.

Ain't no "y'all" . I'm not apart of that fan base but as a team they will have to play and the talent they have. It's not 2a talent. Cj their running back is the fastest thing to ever come through that school and I'm not just talking. The kid runs a 4.3. As far as I know and JC fans correct me if I'm wrong but all they lost was freeman and smith. Idk if McClellan was a senior or not

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: nastynice on December 16, 2015, 08:21:24 am
Did Charleston move up or were they moved up because of reclassification of all schools?

They didn't move up.  AAA reclassified to its current classifications where there were fewer schools to compete with.

dragondad

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 16, 2015, 09:29:45 am

Ain't no "y'all" . I'm not apart of that fan base but as a team they will have to play and the talent they have. It's not 2a talent. Cj their running back is the fastest thing to ever come through that school and I'm not just talking. The kid runs a 4.3. As far as I know and JC fans correct me if I'm wrong but all they lost was freeman and smith. Idk if McClellan was a senior or not

Eight Seniors total.

Headhunter15

Quote from: dragondad on December 16, 2015, 09:59:33 am

Eight Seniors total.

How many were impact players?

dragondad

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 16, 2015, 10:18:06 am
Quote from: dragondad on December 16, 2015, 09:59:33 am

Eight Seniors total.

How many were impact players?

7 were starters, one was Gorman our 2nd RB

HorseFeathers

J.c defense was top caliber this year....their offense not so much more

ReddieKnightTrojan

Junction City should win state in 3A next year

JC Guy

Quote from: ReddieKnightTrojan on December 18, 2015, 03:21:22 pm
Junction City should win state in 3A next year
I wouldn't go that far as to say they should win. But they should be pretty good. Key holes to fill. May be a year early to really push for a title run. We will see next fall.

AlumniLights

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 16, 2015, 09:43:45 am

They didn't move up.  AAA reclassified to its current classifications where there were fewer schools to compete with.

Charleston went 9-3 their first year in 3A(2006). Losing in the second round at The Pit to Bauxite when Bauxite was top caliber in 3A. Bauxite fell to Shiloh the very next week. That Shiloh team was LOADED. In 2007 Charleston went 12-1 losing to Glen Rose in the semi's. 2008, Fountain Lake who was on course to break the state scoring record at WMS, but Gilleran's ways of running up the score came back to bite him.  I'm not trying to bask in the Charleston glory, but wanted to give an update about the Tigers after the reclassification.

Hootie

That song was epically epic.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: AlumniLights on December 21, 2015, 11:44:30 am

Charleston went 9-3 their first year in 3A(2006). Losing in the second round at The Pit to Bauxite when Bauxite was top caliber in 3A. Bauxite fell to Shiloh the very next week. That Shiloh team was LOADED. In 2007 Charleston went 12-1 losing to Glen Rose in the semi's. 2008, Fountain Lake who was on course to break the state scoring record at WMS, but Gilleran's ways of running up the score came back to bite him.  I'm not trying to bask in the Charleston glory, but wanted to give an update about the Tigers after the reclassification.

Bauxite moved "up" with Charleston in '06...Shiloh if I'm not mistaken was already 3a pre2006..

hawgfan15

Quote from: HF on December 22, 2015, 05:28:03 pm

Bauxite moved "up" with Charleston in '06...Shiloh if I'm not mistaken was already 3a pre2006..

Bauxite was already in 3A as well. Lost in the 1st round in 2005 to Nashville

AlumniLights

HorseFeathers

Quote from: hawgfan15 on December 22, 2015, 10:21:53 pm
Quote from: HF on December 22, 2015, 05:28:03 pm

Bauxite was already in 3A as well. Lost in the 1st round in 2005 to Nashville

Ah..well they moved up a cycle early, they were 2a until 2003.

Jimbo Morphis

gmac

cause they think they are that good

WPWells

Longfellow

There is only one way to find out

Lineman

Quote from: gmac on December 23, 2015, 08:55:24 am
Some folks "think" too much.

JC Guy

Quote from: gmac on December 23, 2015, 08:55:24 am
Do they? Scroll up and read.

HorseFeathers

Watched a lot of 3A football this year....Junction City would have been a quarterfinalist this year..in a down year for their team...

WPWells

And also a down year for the 3A

JC Guy

I love it. JC has not played a snap in 3A and the smack talk has already started.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on December 23, 2015, 05:34:35 pm
I love it. JC has not played a snap in 3A and the smack talk has already started.

Ya'll might as well drop football, since the almighty 3A is going to leave you guys at 3-7....smh

JC Guy

Quote from: HF on December 23, 2015, 05:37:00 pm

Ya'll might as well drop football, since the almighty 3A is going to leave you guys at 3-7....smh
Maybe they won't beat up on us to bad. None of us know what the future holds but I do know the kids welcome the change from what they have been dealing with. Nobody wants to work as hard as they work and only get to play an 8 game regular season schedule and only get to play a half or less in most of those.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JC Guy on December 23, 2015, 06:32:37 pm
Quote from: HF on December 23, 2015, 05:37:00 pm

Maybe they won't beat up on us to bad. None of us know what the future holds but I do know the kids welcome the change from what they have been dealing with. Nobody wants to work as hard as they work and only get to play an 8 game regular season schedule and only get to play a half or less in most of those.

I figure you guys will be alright in 3a...biggest difference between 2a and 3a is how bad the bottom half of every conference is...

Black and Gold

JC will win maybe 2 games next year. Both nonconference

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas