• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie's Guide to Fearless Friday

Started by Eddie Goodson, March 04, 2011, 07:06:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Goodson

Here's a list of things folks new to Fearless Friday need to know. It's not an exhaustive list but we'll add to it as time goes on.

1. Just because someone says your team sucks doesn't mean they need to be reported to the moderator. Given the state of Arkansas High School Sports, there's about a 50% chance they are right. We all know your team does actually suck, it's time you realized it too.

2. Yes, the board knows Coach Vennie Slocum is hated in your town. His own mother has challenged him to a meeting at the Alma Sonic.

3. If you are going to attack someone for their bad grammar or spelling, make sure you use spell check before you hit post. You will look very stupid otherwise.

4. Yes we know some NWA fans are arrogant and condescending. Look past them. There's a good chance their family trees eventually form a circle. You can give a hillbilly Wal-Mart money if you want but it still won't buy them any class.

5. The 6A is, and forever will be, the 7A's whipping post.

6. If you value your positive karma, avoid the 4A board. You'll get slapped around more than Lionel Ritchie if you say anything negative about Nashville or Warren.

7. All moderators are post-deleting messageboard nazis who spend hours in strategy sessions deciding just how to best pick on you.

8. State and Federal laws require us to allow fans of Monticello, Marion, El Dorado, Star City, and Earle. It's just not our fault they have internet access.

9. One of the most passionate fan boards on here is the Softball board. Nevertheless, they all still throw like girls and they hop while doing it.

10. If you can't post in coherent sentences, you will be mocked and ridiculed mercilessly. If there was a way to force new users to take a literacy test, believe us that we would do it.

gatecrasher

Don't listen to the tidbit about El Dorado fans....;)

True Believer

Here now  Edwardo.  I have a few issues with "your" rules.   :)

Brian G

11.  Be glad that Q.F. is no longer with us.  She'd have tore you guys into.

Eddie, are you not going to add the B.G. proposed amendments as voted on by the Mod Staff?

gatecrasher

QF....PFFFFFT!

My two-year old is more assertive....;D

gatecrasher

And item #5 takes a hit:
Two 6A teams in the 7A semifinals in basketball....

Tee hee!

bleudog

March 06, 2011, 12:38:44 pm #6 Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:53:07 pm by bleudog
EG

You've got to have something on the list about this not being a text board.  One should feel free to use the whole keyboard.  There is one exception to that though, please leave the CAPS LOCK key in its original fully upright position for the duration of your flight. ;D

Above all, newbs should remember:

Eddie Goodson

AirWarren

Nice Eddie. Must say I like numbers 4, 7, and 8. See if you can handle us old schoolers noobs. We aren't scared to set you and your dumb posts straight.

AirWarren

March 06, 2011, 08:26:33 pm #9 Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:34:14 pm by AirWarren
And 6! Back up off the orange and black crews folks! Ha

Uncle Ivan

March 10, 2011, 12:30:40 pm #10 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:35:05 pm by Uncle Ivan
12.  If you're told repeatedly to go DIAF, then maybe you should.

13.  Orange is ugly.  There is no debating this.

14.  Just because someone has been said to have "mellowed out", don't think they still can't bite.

15.  Even if your smaller school wins a title or two, it does not mean we care or will stop looking down on you.

16.  So you live in NWA.  BFD.  My folks are from the area I'm from.  Can you say the same, carpetbagger?

17.  You've been around a few years.  It doesn't make you a board "vet".  Some of us were posting when Clinton was still in office.

18.  If you post while intoxicated, don't be surprised to see it archived and used to embarrass you at a later date.

19.  We see how you live high and mighty on someone else's money, with what you actually do and what you claim to have done.  We see right through it and we still don't care.

20.  Yes, you're an idiot.

21.  No, your opinion doesn't count like mine does.

22.  Go away.

23.  Yes, we do make fun of you in private.  Some of our language is pretty colorful.

Uncle Ivan

24.  Soccer is still gay, and is not a sport.

C_A_Morris

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 10, 2011, 12:30:40 pm18.  If you post while intoxicated, don't be surprised to see it archived and used to embarrass you at a later date.

"do u have u mcfadden?"

AirWarren

No ca Morris. In that poster's language "do u hav u McFadden" haha!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: C_A_Morris on March 10, 2011, 09:44:15 pm

"do u have u mcfadden?"

Interestingly enough, Ash was most probably stone sober when he posted that.

Indiana Jones

March 13, 2011, 01:29:34 pm #15 Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:32:24 pm by Indiana Jones
25-35 Auburn fans are arrogant dirtbags and should be banned from planet earth and FF

RD™

36. The River Valley is NOT Northwest Arkansas, do not associated this group of fine people as such.

True Believer

March 13, 2011, 06:32:59 pm #17 Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:36:45 pm by True Believer
Quote from: PC™ on March 13, 2011, 02:49:05 pm
36. The River Valley is NOT Northwest Arkansas, do not associated this group of fine people as such.

Sorry PC.   I did on another thread and thought about that later.  But I decided to leave it as it was. 

37.  Eastern Arkansas and NEA has just as many good people living there as anywhere else in the state.   Don't show your ignorance.

(I have lived in western, southern, central and eastern Arkansas.   I should know.)

Brian G

Thank God.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on March 04, 2011, 07:06:22 pm
Here's a list of things folks new to Fearless Friday need to know. It's not an exhaustive list but we'll add to it as time goes on.

1. Just because someone says your team sucks doesn't mean they need to be reported to the moderator. Given the state of Arkansas High School Sports, there's about a 50% chance they are right. We all know your team does actually suck, it's time you realized it too.

2. Yes, the board knows Coach Vennie Slocum is hated in your town. His own mother has challenged him to a meeting at the Alma Sonic.

3. If you are going to attack someone for their bad grammar or spelling, make sure you use spell check before you hit post. You will look very stupid otherwise.

4. Yes we know some NWA fans are arrogant and condescending. Look past them. There's a good chance their family trees eventually form a circle. You can give a hillbilly Wal-Mart money if you want but it still won't buy them any class.

5. The 6A is, and forever will be, the 7A's whipping post.

6. If you value your positive karma, avoid the 4A board. You'll get slapped around more than Lionel Ritchie if you say anything negative about Nashville or Warren.

7. All moderators are post-deleting messageboard nazis who spend hours in strategy sessions deciding just how to best pick on you.

8. State and Federal laws require us to allow fans of Monticello, Marion, El Dorado, Star City, and Earle. It's just not our fault they have internet access.

9. One of the most passionate fan boards on here is the Softball board. Nevertheless, they all still throw like girls and they hop while doing it.

10. If you can't post in coherent sentences, you will be mocked and ridiculed mercilessly. If there was a way to force new users to take a literacy test, believe us that we would do it.
Eddie I have a problem with #2...it should state, most towns, not all towns...lol...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 10, 2011, 12:30:40 pm

14.  Just because someone has been said to have "mellowed out", don't think they still can't bite.

15.  Even if your smaller school wins a title or two, it does not mean we care or will stop looking down on you.

16.  So you live in NWA.  BFD.  My folks are from the area I'm from.  Can you say the same, carpetbagger?

17.  You've been around a few years.  It doesn't make you a board "vet".  Some of us were posting when Clinton was still in office.

18.  If you post while intoxicated, don't be surprised to see it archived and used to embarrass you at a later date.

19.  We see how you live high and mighty on someone else's money, with what you actually do and what you claim to have done.  We see right through it and we still don't care.

22.  Go away.

23.  Yes, we do make fun of you in private.  Some of our language is pretty colorful.
Very good additions to the list...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: B.G. on March 13, 2011, 06:41:19 pm

Thank God.
We are saying the same thing...lol...

sevenof400

sevenof400

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 16, 2011, 03:04:31 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 10, 2011, 12:35:44 pm
24.  Soccer is still gay, and is not a sport.
Best one yet...

....and perhaps the spawn of Satan.  Hey, the timeline might work.

AirWarren

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 16, 2011, 03:04:03 pm

22.  Go away.

I personally like 16 in the additions list.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: AirWarren on March 16, 2011, 10:53:26 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 16, 2011, 03:04:03 pm

22.  Go away.

I personally like 16 in the additions list.
Again, don't include the River Valley with NWA...

True Believer

Let's see Venny??    Just where is Mansfield again??   :)

BillyJack™

24. We know who you are, don't fool yourself into a false sense of security.

True Believer

You don't want Ivan showing up at your door.  :)

RD™

March 22, 2011, 10:09:18 pm #30 Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:11:56 pm by PC™
25. If myself or Uncle Ivan tells go away, we're not kidding we really mean it.

26. Do not question Bruce Dickinson.

sevenof400

Quote from: PC™ on March 22, 2011, 10:09:18 pm
25. If myself or Uncle Ivan tells go away, we're not kidding we really mean it.

26. Do not question Bruce Dickinson.

You mean the Bruce Dickinson?

gatecrasher

27. Expect ol gate to have the last laugh no matter what the situation is...;D

Eddie Goodson

28. When referencing rule 27, refer to rule 8.

gatecrasher

True Believer

fastdrop

Quote from: True Believer on March 22, 2011, 08:43:45 pm
You don't want Ivan showing up at your door.  :)
He showed up at mine but I told him I did not want to buy magizines to send him to tim butt two this year.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: True Believer on March 22, 2011, 09:10:13 am
River Valley...25 miles south of Fort Smith...not NWA...

Eddie Goodson

The River Valley aka Oklahoma's Sewage Ditch.

True Believer

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 28, 2011, 04:16:19 pm

I lived in DeQueen for too many years.  Just messing with ya!

Quote from: Hoghead on March 27, 2011, 06:43:18 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 27, 2011, 03:02:30 am
Quote from: True Believer on March 24, 2011, 09:01:46 pm
So many haters. 

The Starting Denfensive End for Sheridan I suppose ! LOL!

Sheridan is better for you not have lived there.  :) 

Hoghead

Quote from: True Believer on March 29, 2011, 11:08:52 am

So many haters. 

I guess you know they don't let my type live in Sheridan. Now I can live in Prattville or Pine Bluff. But Sheridan is a no no !  LOL!!!

True Believer

Quote from: Hoghead on March 29, 2011, 07:22:04 pm

So many haters. 

I guess you know they don't let my type live in Sheridan. Now I can live in Prattville or Pine Bluff. But Sheridan is a no no !  LOL!!!

You could always be the first.  :)

RD™

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on March 28, 2011, 04:25:48 pm
The River Valley aka Oklahoma's Sewage Ditch.
Don't even get me started on Arkansas' Crotch (SE Arkansas)

Hoghead

Quote from: True Believer on March 29, 2011, 08:11:45 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on March 29, 2011, 07:22:04 pm

So many haters. 

You could always be the first.  :)
No I wouldn't be the 1st. History tells us that's not true. Anyway Sheridan is a nice place. Been there several times.

True Believer

Thanks.  It  was a wonderful place to grow up.  And you are correct about the history.  Sad.  But true. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: fastdrop on March 27, 2011, 08:32:39 pm
He showed up at mine but I told him I did not want to buy magizines to send him to tim butt two this year.

Hello.  My name is Steve.  I used to be adid-did to crack but now I'm clean.  That is why I'm selling magazine subscriptions.

fastdrop

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on March 31, 2011, 11:35:48 am
Quote from: fastdrop on March 27, 2011, 08:32:39 pm

Hello.  My name is Steve.  I used to be adid-did to crack but now I'm clean.  That is why I'm selling magazine subscriptions.
maaan ... I thought I just gave you a hundred to mulch the flower beds and your name was Jimmy.

monster_island

30. Junction City can't beat Springdale, El Dorado, or Chuck Norris.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas