• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parkers Chapel Coach

Started by GoodGuy, December 12, 2018, 08:51:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: old.dole on December 20, 2018, 10:05:22 am
When my friends started getting into coaching I would hear stories about that guy like he was a mythological creature or like Bigfoot or something. Then I found out he did exist

Would the real Dayton Kitchens please stand up..........and be PC head coach??

Rida4Life

I don't think the world is ready for Dayton Kitchens to be a head coach.

Rida4Life

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: Rida4Life on December 26, 2018, 06:34:10 am
So has a hire been made?

Info I got was expect Jacobs to get job or see position reposted after Christmas break.  Was told several of those set to interview withdrew before even sitting down with them.  I do not know how many "several" is or how many were originally set to interview.

threepeoplematter

Is the AD in on the interviews and also in the running?  That would be a conflict of interest would it not?  Could see where that might turn people off from the job. 

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on December 26, 2018, 10:01:39 am
Info I got was expect Jacobs to get job or see position reposted after Christmas break.  Was told several of those set to interview withdrew before even sitting down with them.  I do not know how many "several" is or how many were originally set to interview.

boogercat

Quote from: threepeoplematter on December 26, 2018, 10:07:40 pm
Is the AD in on the interviews and also in the running?  That would be a conflict of interest would it not?  Could see where that might turn people off from the job.

With Jacobs being a great QB at EHS, I would have thought he would be a high school coach making a name for himself and not pushing a pencil at PC as the AD.

threepeoplematter

Hey if hes the guy i would just go ahead and name him and not waste the other guys time.  Seems like a waste in that regard.  Just thought if he was in on interviews that would be an unfair advantage if it ever was a competition.

boogercat

Quote from: threepeoplematter on December 27, 2018, 02:57:21 pm
Hey if hes the guy i would just go ahead and name him and not waste the other guys time.  Seems like a waste in that regard.  Just thought if he was in on interviews that would be an unfair advantage if it ever was a competition.

Has to be approved by the school board first, if they don't like it, it won't happen.

dragondad

Well, the question has been answered.  Jacob's it is..... who didn't see that coming?

POWERCAT PRIDE

Wait...wasn't he part of the hiring committee? 

boogercat

This is going to be a dumpster fire.

bleudog

youhavenoidea

arkansasprepfootball

Total crapshow.  Multiple guys inquired and backed out before even interviewing because of the writing on the wall.  He very well could have been the last guy left, honestly.  Yes, Jacobs was leading the interview process.  Job will be open again next year once his son graduates.  I imagine this will keep him there through the fall, at least.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on January 04, 2019, 11:04:34 am
Total crapshow.  Multiple guys inquired and backed out before even interviewing because of the writing on the wall.  He very well could have been the last guy left, honestly.  Yes, Jacobs was leading the interview process.  Job will be open again next year once his son graduates.  I imagine this will keep him there through the fall, at least.
WOW!!

boogercat

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on January 04, 2019, 11:04:34 am

If he was smart, he would leave PC and get on the coaching staff at El Dorado where his son can actually do more with his talent. Coaching football at Parkers Chapel isn't the greatest move I would make but that's his personal decison and think its best for him and his family. Its a big red flag when guys back out of it before an interview. I'm surpised that Bates is still there, his a job hopper. At one point I remember him being the head coach at Norphlet and next thing I knew he was on the coaching staff at El Dorado. Not sure why he would want to leave El Dorado to go to another smaller school. Maybe those bigger schools aren't made for him. It will be funny if the PC job is open next year. They won't have a chance next year, they will be lucky to win 4 or 5 games. The new DC that he hired, at one point Williford was the head coach at Nettleon in Jonesboro. I remember he was part of the staff at El Dorado.

dragondad

Bates was raised in PC, graduated there, his mom taught there.... its home for him.

Always a dragon

January 06, 2019, 06:18:59 pm #167 Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 06:22:29 pm by Always a dragon
Where did the coach from this year go to? If this has already been answered I apologize in advance.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Always a dragon on January 06, 2019, 06:18:59 pm
Where did the coach from this year go to? If this has already been answered I apologize in advance.

Think someone said he was going to Warren earlier in the thread...

eldofan

Rida4Life

Quote from: boogercat on January 04, 2019, 02:33:34 pm

If he was smart, he would leave PC and get on the coaching staff at El Dorado where his son can actually do more with his talent. Coaching football at Parkers Chapel isn't the greatest move I would make but that's his personal decison and think its best for him and his family. Its a big red flag when guys back out of it before an interview. I'm surpised that Bates is still there, his a job hopper. At one point I remember him being the head coach at Norphlet and next thing I knew he was on the coaching staff at El Dorado. Not sure why he would want to leave El Dorado to go to another smaller school. Maybe those bigger schools aren't made for him. It will be funny if the PC job is open next year. They won't have a chance next year, they will be lucky to win 4 or 5 games. The new DC that he hired, at one point Williford was the head coach at Nettleon in Jonesboro. I remember he was part of the staff at El Dorado.

Lots of inaccuracy in this post.  Bates was at Norphlet for a long time.  He went to Crossett and has been back at PC for quite some time.  To say he's a job hopper is plain wrong.  And to my knowledge he only student-taught at EL Do.  Don't think Williford is a job hopper either.  He's coached a lot in LA where it seems there is much more staff turnover.

Personally I think this staff could be together a long time.  On paper I really like it.

boogercat

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 07, 2019, 10:23:22 am
Lots of inaccuracy in this post.  Bates was at Norphlet for a long time.  He went to Crossett and has been back at PC for quite some time.  To say he's a job hopper is plain wrong.  And to my knowledge he only student-taught at EL Do.  Don't think Williford is a job hopper either.  He's coached a lot in LA where it seems there is much more staff turnover.

Personally I think this staff could be together a long time.  On paper I really like it.

No, you are wrong. You can go back and look at the history of the list of coaches that was at El Dorado. Coach Bates was there in 2008 and 2009 I believe. He was not a student teacher. Bates is a job hopper.  Williford departed El Dorado for Nettleton which is close to Jonesboro to be their head coach. Not sure how long he was there or where he went after he left Nettleton. 

I think the reason why the last coach departed was because Elliot was on the coaching staff. This is why I'm against having AD's playing two roles.

CoachBates

Quote from: boogercat on January 07, 2019, 01:22:46 pm

No, you are wrong. You can go back and look at the history of the list of coaches that was at El Dorado. Coach Bates was there in 2008 and 2009 I believe. He was not a student teacher. Bates is a job hopper.  Williford departed El Dorado for Nettleton which is close to Jonesboro to be their head coach. Not sure how long he was there or where he went after he left Nettleton. 

I think the reason why the last coach departed was because Elliot was on the coaching staff. This is why I'm against having AD's playing two roles.

No sir.  You are incorrect.  I have never been employed by the El Dorado School District.  I student taught under Coach Register but didn't have a paid position.  I've been coaching for 20 years and worked in 4 districts.  I don't consider that job hopping.  I normally don't post but didn't want incorrect information floating around.
As for the PC job you are welcome to have your own opinions.  I personally think this can be a great job and I think Coach Jacobs is a great fit for the job.  I would also like to welcome Coach Willeford to our staff!

Go Big Blue!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoachBates on January 07, 2019, 01:34:21 pm
No sir.  You are incorrect.  I have never been employed by the El Dorado School District.  I student taught under Coach Register but didn't have a paid position.  I've been coaching for 20 years and worked in 4 districts.  I don't consider that job hopping.  I normally don't post but didn't want incorrect information floating around.
As for the PC job you are welcome to have your own opinions.  I personally think this can be a great job and I think Coach Jacobs is a great fit for the job.  I would also like to welcome Coach Willeford to our staff!

Go Big Blue!
Boogercat incorrect? Who would have thought? Well I guess being an expert on every thread on every board you are  are bound to miss one very so often.

boogercat

Go Big Blue!

What year did you student taught under Coach Register?

bleudog

January 07, 2019, 02:41:00 pm #175 Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:45:19 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Oldman on January 07, 2019, 01:38:38 pm
Boogercat incorrect? Who would have thought? Well I guess being an expert on every thread on every board you are  are bound to miss one very so often.

To quote Joe Simon, by way of Dusty Rhodes The American Dream, "It bees that way some times."

dragondad

Go Big Blue!

Bates,  I just hope the only reason you didn't get the job, is because you didnt want it.  You deserve your shot if thats what you want, you've paid your dues.

CoachBates

Quote from: boogercat on January 07, 2019, 02:38:55 pm

What year did you student taught under Coach Register?

1999 season.

Quote from: dragondad on January 07, 2019, 04:47:50 pm
Bates,  I just hope the only reason you didn't get the job, is because you didnt want it.  You deserve your shot if thats what you want, you've paid your dues.

Thank you sir.  I recently completed a Masters' in Administration and hope to transition into that area when the time and situation are right.
I'm very pleased with the hiring of Coach Jacobs for the job.  As crazy as it sounds, I coached him while student teaching at EHS.  I'm really showing my age!!!

shiloh forever

Pretty unprofessional for a coach to post on fearless....

Rida4Life

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on January 08, 2019, 10:08:14 am

Did you not see where he said he doesn't post normally anymore?  He only posted to clear up some questions about his professional career.  I guess you missed that part.  Pretty crappy to call someone unprofessional don't you think?  At least he didn't hide behind a username like most folks on here.

i40traveler

A High School Football Coach posting on a message board for High School Football??? The audacity and unprofessionalism is astounding.

old.dole

Unprofessional? Lol this guy serious?

shiloh forever

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 08, 2019, 10:35:36 am
Did you not see where he said he doesn't post normally anymore?  He only posted to clear up some questions about his professional career.  I guess you missed that part.  Pretty crappy to call someone unprofessional don't you think?  At least he didn't hide behind a username like most folks on here.
I wouldn't expect anything less from PC. Find a real program where a "coach" has time to come on a message board and post. Shouldn't you be worried about other issues they have. If you take a quick browse around fearless most programs have a policy where players can't even post let alone coaches. Very unprofessional but again, not surprising.

old.dole

How could you know when everyone hides behind a screen name who is actually on here or not?

Jimbo Morphis

Most do and if not trash talking there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Stop watching so much Fox News or CNN.

shiloh forever

Quote from: old.dole on January 08, 2019, 10:46:44 am
How could you know when everyone hides behind a screen name who is actually on here or not?
If
Quote from: old.dole on January 08, 2019, 10:46:44 am
Most have better sh** to do. Like focus on winning

shiloh forever

Quote from: Oldman on January 08, 2019, 10:49:10 am
Most do and if not trash talking there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Stop watching so much Fox News or CNN.
Most DO NOT. I can ASSURE you of that. They may read.

You're the head coach of Strong

old.dole

Everyone on here should have a job. So technically we all have better things to do

trojanman

shouldnt they be more focused in winning than reading a message board

Rida4Life

Before that post his last post was 2015.  Yeah he really spends a ton of time on message boards.  LOL

shiloh forever

Quote from: trojanman on January 08, 2019, 11:11:11 am
shouldnt they be more focused in winning than reading a message board
Bingo

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on January 08, 2019, 10:54:45 am

I'm not a coach.

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on January 08, 2019, 10:54:45 am

Man... you seem like a bitter dude.

shiloh forever

shiloh forever

Quote from: BlueCrew4U on January 08, 2019, 01:06:01 pm

Man... you seem like a bitter dude.
Super bitter. I really wanted that PC job. Said no one ever.

BlueCrew4U

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on January 08, 2019, 10:36:12 pm
Super bitter. I really wanted that PC job. Said no one ever.

Oh.... makes sense now.  you are just a jerk. 
Now I get it.

Jimbo Morphis

boogercat

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 08, 2019, 10:35:36 am

What's wrong with hiding behind a username and living in your moms basement like me?

boogercat

Coaches do it all the time, some hide behind a name like boogercat or rocky, or boogereater. etc. I think some coaches usually get on here for entertainment purposes because they find what we talk about quite funny.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: boogercat on January 10, 2019, 09:35:01 am

Coaches do it all the time, some hide behind a name like boogercat or rocky, or boogereater. etc. I think some coaches usually get on here for entertainment purposes because they find what we talk about quite funny.

The only time I've ever avoided posting on FearlessFriday is when ordered not to by my superiors.

During my first three years at Norphlet,  Coach Steele ordered none of his staff to post on this board and I of course complied..

Coach Monden at Camden Fairview issued a similar order this last year.   I of course complied while I worked there.   The lone exception being a thread I started on the 2A board (here) asking if anyone had any or knew anyone who had any Norphlet Yearbooks.   I was looking for the ones I don't have for when my daughter attended Norphlet.   But I asked for Coach Monden's permission before opening the thread and it was granted.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas