• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best players

Started by HorseFeathers, December 03, 2016, 08:47:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

basketball21

BigMan15

Kam Brassfeild
Brandon Fenner

BigMan15

Quote from: basketball21 on December 03, 2016, 11:04:03 pm
Porter Anderson....
Porter isnt bad the only prolbem I have with him is he is either the weakest big man in Arkansas or he flops way way too much. If he didnt do that I would be a fan.

lostintheweeds

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 05, 2016, 12:24:22 pm
Porter isnt bad the only prolbem I have with him is he is either the weakest big man in Arkansas or he flops way way too much. If he didnt do that I would be a fan.

Yeah, I have noticed that too. The refs need to not fall for that.

xadboy

Quote from: lostintheweeds on December 05, 2016, 01:06:05 pm
Yeah, I have noticed that too. The refs need to not fall for that.
He's doesn't "flop". When your getting undercut while trying to rebound or shoot, your going to fall. Then when trying to post up and the defender is grabbing and pulling you, you will go down. This was first game I've seen him on the floor multiple times. Porter drops 25 on you and Lamar wins game by 25 or 27 points and your not a fan?

BigMan15

For one we let him shoot, for two we dont have our football guys and yes i can make a highlight reel of him flopping if youd like. Id say at least four maybe five times he flopped.

RTF

If it works and he can get the call then why not?

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 05, 2016, 02:03:22 pm
For one we let him shoot, for two we dont have our football guys and yes i can make a highlight reel of him flopping if youd like. Id say at least four maybe five times he flopped.

I heard you had some good players still out for football.

Longfellow

Quote from: RTF on December 05, 2016, 02:35:11 pm
If it works and he can get the call then why not?
Because it goes against the basic rules of integrity, sportsmanship, and is an attack on the very nature of the game

RTF

IT has nothing to do with integrity or sportsmanship... LOL

Longfellow

Quote from: RTF on December 05, 2016, 02:57:11 pm
IT has nothing to do with integrity or sportsmanship... LOL
You think flopping has nothing to do with sportsmanship or integrity?

RTF

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 05, 2016, 02:45:12 pm
I heard you had some good players still out for football.

Hearing at least 2 starters are still out for charkeston

BigMan15

We are missing Phillip Hampton and Jackson Rowland who are starters. Braden Caudle and Ryan Keener will come off the bench but both will play big mins.

lostintheweeds

Quote from: xadboy on December 05, 2016, 01:56:50 pm
He's doesn't "flop". When your getting undercut while trying to rebound or shoot, your going to fall. Then when trying to post up and the defender is grabbing and pulling you, you will go down. This was first game I've seen him on the floor multiple times. Porter drops 25 on you and Lamar wins game by 25 or 27 points and your not a fan?
It's not "grabbing and pulling."  He flops FORWARD, as if the defender is so much stronger than he is that he just can't even stand on his own feet while pushing back to post up. It makes him look really weak, and if he is wanting to impress college scouts it probably isn't a good tactic. I don't see many college post players repeatedly falling forward onto their knees while posting up.
Maybe the flop gets him a few fouls extra called right now while he is in high school, but just don't see that being a wise strategy.  And the refs aren't likely to give him that call after seeing it a few more times imo.
If he is falling forward because his post up footwork is lacking, then somebody work with him on how to get leverage.  He isn't a stick skinny guy - he's got enough beef to use.

NeaBaller21

Gavin Stone from Riverside. Multiple 40 point games this season, and averaging in the high 20s

Head Lion

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on December 05, 2016, 09:41:10 pm
Gavin Stone from Riverside. Multiple 40 point games this season, and averaging in the high 20s
He is a dandy.

BigMan15

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on December 05, 2016, 09:41:10 pm
Do you got any videos on him? Ive only recently heard his name and really want to watch him!

NeaBaller21

The school doesn't do very good at having much film on games. The reason may be because his main focus is baseball. Committed to play baseball at UCA

biglion1985

One player you are missing from this list is gavin stone from riverside

biglion1985

I didn't read the other posts sorry about that lol

BigMan15

Is he a SR? Also lets see if coach will tape some games to get this kids name out there even if he plays baseball he deserves the attention.

RedWolf275

WarriorFan

I love how the Charleston fans talk about integrity and sportsmanship. What a joke.

lostintheweeds

Quote from: WarriorFan on December 06, 2016, 11:54:50 am
I love how the Charleston fans talk about integrity and sportsmanship. What a joke.
I love how Warrior fans talk about basketball...

BigMan15

Quote from: WarriorFan on December 06, 2016, 11:54:50 am
How is that a joke? I dont remember saying anything bad but I do agree that flopping needs to be an offensive foul

WarriorFan

How is it a joke??? Come on man. Charleston should never be mentioned in the same sentence with words  integrity and sportsmanship.

RTF

Flopping is a result of no contact therefore should not be a foul. If someone flops then you should be able to score at will against them. If the refs calls the flop a foul on the other player then that is his/her mistake.

dentist15

Quote from: BigMan15 on December 06, 2016, 12:04:10 pm
... but I do agree that flopping needs to be an offensive foul

I dunno about it being called an offensive foul, regardless of how offensive it is lol. Think it should just be a no-call (granted that requires the officials to actually not get suckered into believing the flop), because the flopper loses position by flopping, plus they just look ridiculous for no reason if they don't get a call.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: dentist15 on December 06, 2016, 12:53:27 pm
I dunno about it being called an offensive foul, regardless of how offensive it is lol. Think it should just be a no-call (granted that requires the officials to actually not get suckered into believing the flop), because the flopper loses position by flopping, plus they just look ridiculous for no reason if they don't get a call.

AGREED!

OB11

I think you could go as far as calling it a flagrant foul.  Granted that would never happen because it is such a subjective call and high school refs don't have the luxury of video replay.  I don't think there is any place for flopping in basketball.  Whether it is allowed to happen or not, I would hope a player would have enough respect for the game not to do it.

dentist15

Quote from: OB11 on December 06, 2016, 01:59:09 pm
I think you could go as far as calling it a flagrant foul.  Granted that would never happen because it is such a subjective call and high school refs don't have the luxury of video replay.  I don't think there is any place for flopping in basketball.  Whether it is allowed to happen or not, I would hope a player would have enough respect for the game not to do it.

I agree with the second half of your statement, wholeheartedly. I hate flopping as much as the next guy, and agree that it in someway shows a lack of respect for the game. But I think that having officials look to call offensive fouls on flops just gives them another way to miss calls or make calls to affect the momentum of the game. Especially since, as you said, it is such a subjective call, even if they had instant replay at this level.

lostintheweeds

Quote from: dentist15 on December 06, 2016, 02:17:25 pm
I agree with the second half of your statement, wholeheartedly. I hate flopping as much as the next guy, and agree that it in someway shows a lack of respect for the game. But I think that having officials look to call offensive fouls on flops just gives them another way to miss calls or make calls to affect the momentum of the game. Especially since, as you said, it is such a subjective call, even if they had instant replay at this level.

Agreed. Just make it a no call.

HorseFeathers

I hate shooters flopping more than I do people trying to draw a charge ....

lostintheweeds

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 06, 2016, 02:38:25 pm
The Steph Curry leg flail?

dentist15

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 06, 2016, 02:38:25 pm

+1....true, those flops are probably the most frustrating/annoying to watch

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dentist15 on December 06, 2016, 02:48:40 pm
+1....true, those flops are probably the most frustrating/annoying to watch

At least when a defender flops hes giving up position on the non call...or usually gets called for a block foul....shooter flops, he still got his shot off...and usually gets a whistle

dentist15

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 06, 2016, 02:51:59 pm
At least when a defender flops hes giving up position on the non call...or usually gets called for a block foul....shooter flops, he still got his shot off...and usually gets a whistle

Yeah, I was always taught to play strong through the contact to make the shot, whether you got fouled or not, and make the defender have to stop your shot. But maybe that's too old school (I'm only 28, so take that for what it's worth as well lol)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dentist15 on December 06, 2016, 02:59:39 pm
Yeah, I was always taught to play strong through the contact to make the shot, whether you got fouled or not, and make the defender have to stop your shot. But maybe that's too old school (I'm only 28, so take that for what it's worth as well lol)

Old school at 28  😂

Head Lion

I consider old school, when the girls played half court & jumped every tie ball.🤔

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Head Lion on December 06, 2016, 03:04:56 pm
I consider old school, when the girls played half court & jumped every tie ball.🤔

Just how old are you head lion?

RTF

Flopping will always be apart of bball because it works. Happens all the time in the NBA. And if it works and helps you win a game then why not.

dentist15

Quote from: RTF on December 06, 2016, 03:31:45 pm
Flopping will always be apart of bball because it works. Happens all the time in the NBA. And if it works and helps you win a game then why not.

Sadly, yes it does work, and will never go away, no matter how much we complain about it. Doesn't change the fact that it's just a player faking something, rather than actually reacting to something that really happened or really warranted a foul call. Now using the NBA as an example of how the game should go is pretty laughable

RTF

You don't see laughing at millions of dollars.

dentist15

December 06, 2016, 04:03:56 pm #45 Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 04:05:28 pm by dentist15
Quote from: RTF on December 06, 2016, 04:01:47 pm
You don't see laughing at millions of dollars.

This was never a discussion of the business side of basketball, plus this is a high school basketball forum. And no player is ever going to make it to the NBA because of their flopping ability.

RTF

True, but it doesn't change the fact that they still do it at all levels of the game. And again, if it helps you win a game then why not.

basketball21

The best player in 3A basketball is Porter Anderson. If your team cant stop him and your on here talking about flopping Please.. 6'8 Big body, athletic, mid range game is on point, anything around the rim is a dunk.. Those are facts. FLOP ON

HorseFeathers

Quote from: basketball21 on December 06, 2016, 08:14:58 pm
The best player in 3A basketball is Porter Anderson. If your team cant stop him and your on here talking about flopping Please.. 6'8 Big body, athletic, mid range game is on point, anything around the rim is a dunk.. Those are facts. FLOP ON

Any video ?

BigMan15

Quote from: basketball21 on December 06, 2016, 08:14:58 pm
My bet is Brandon Fenner and Gavin Stone are averaging more points per game then him without flopping!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas