• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerald Jennings Inv.

Started by Head Lion, November 17, 2016, 12:44:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Just had the seeding meeting Gosnell got the 1 and Manila the 2. One of the coaches voted Manila #7 ::) ::) ::)

BoxNOne

HL, where is the Jennings this year?

Head Lion

Armorel, other teams are Marked Tree, EPC, Corning, Riverside & Ridgefield Christian

Baller_34

I see Valley View is not in it this year, probably cause they got beat by a 2A team last year.

Missco

Manila is not a 7, lol. However, Gosnell and Manila probably  are about even. So the seeds are about right.

Missco

That tournament should goto 3 game guarantee. No reason not too. Too bad they didn't try to  get Osceola, Rivercrest, or Blytheville instead of Corning and Ridgefield. Kind of a waste on the last 2. 

BoxNOne

Absolutely agree with the three game guarantee.

Missco

No reason not too do it. It makes sense. I figure 1 coach out of the 8 is totally against it.

biglion1985

I agree with both ideas that missco said lol

BoxNOne

First round games

Gosnell vs Ridgefield Christian
EPC vs Riverside
Manila vs Armorel
Marked Tree vs Corning

NeaBaller21

Why is Manila seeded so high?

ISU7

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on November 30, 2016, 12:59:53 pm
It's just an every year thing. Doesn't mean anything.

RedWolf275

This looks to be a good field for a early season tournament. Top five teams are very solid.

BoxNOne

First round games today at Armorel

4:00 #1 Gosnell vs #8 Ridgefield Christian
5:30 #4 EPC vs #5 Riverside
7:00 #2 Manila vs #7 Armorel
8:30 #3 Marked Tree vs #6 Corning

bdubyab60

How bad did Riverside smoke EPC

NeaBaller21

NeaBaller21

bdubyab60

BoxNOne

Gavin Stone has taken his game up a notch this year. He has gone from a great shooter to a all round scorer. His slashing and pull up games are greatly improved.

ISU7

birddawg1986

Yeah I seen he signed in baseball with UCA...He's a good kid

bdubyab60

biglion1985

At the half MANILA 17 MARKED TREE 16 and who won between gosnell and riverside

Ghs21

Gosnell defeated riversdide. Can't remember the final but I think they won by like 16

NeaBaller21

Didn't figure Riverside would have any trouble at all with Gosnell. What was the deal?

Ghs21

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on December 08, 2016, 08:45:31 pm
Didn't figure Riverside would have any trouble at all with Gosnell. What was the deal?
I don't think there was any deal.. Gosnell Is a very good team and They will just keep getting better. They were out rebounding them tonight and getting good layups and playing defense they should finish in the top 3 of the conference

Head Lion

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on December 08, 2016, 08:45:31 pm
If you haven't seen Gosnell, they have a lil talent. I say that in sarcasm, they are extremely talented & probably a top 8 team in 4A.

NeaBaller21

Quote from: Head Lion on December 08, 2016, 09:33:46 pm
If you haven't seen Gosnell, they have a lil talent. I say that in sarcasm, they are extremely talented & probably a top 8 team in 4A.
The reason I say this is because I watched Riverside beat them rather easily Tuesday night.

Baller_34

What happen at Osceola HL? Heard that y'all had the game and the Coach started holding the ball again and lost it?

Rebelfan77

Quote from: Ghs21 on December 08, 2016, 09:31:02 pm
I don't think there was any deal.. Gosnell Is a very good team and They will just keep getting better. They were out rebounding them tonight and getting good layups and playing defense they should finish in the top 3 of the conference
Not making excuses for Riverside but that was probably the worst game they have played all season! Could be that they have played everyday but 3 they last 2 weeks and that can wear a kid down. Don't get me wrong those boys wouldn't have it any other way but they were just flat exhausted. We will see what happed in Jan when Gosnell comes to Riverside! Gosnell is a great team but I still think the true Riverside is who you saw Tuesday night and they will be back!!!!!Go Rebs!!!!!!!!

Head Lion

Quote from: Baller_34 on December 08, 2016, 10:03:32 pm
What happen at Osceola HL? Heard that y'all had the game and the Coach started holding the ball again and lost it?
Im in LR at a conference & wasn't there. Tough place to win, especially without your All State guard out with an injury. I heard we got mugged & molested the last 4 minutes & couldn't get a foul call. Tough game on the road against a good opponent, will only make us better. The word AGAIN, kinda gets me, I've watched 95% of our games the last 4 years & I didn't know we were known for holding it very long at all. Our ideal of a delay game is to put more arch on your shot. We play in the toughest blended conference in the state, only goal is to make it to District healthy & take our shot.

Baller_34

Well said HL. The reason I  again is I remember last year I watched y'all play Riverside at the NEA and he started trying to run the clock out play not to lose and almost let them win the game. I've got some friends in your part of the country that see the play from time to time and say he's a great motivator but hurts the team with his offensive strategy.

Head Lion

Quote from: Baller_34 on December 09, 2016, 05:42:55 am
Well said HL. The reason I  again is I remember last year I watched y'all play Riverside at the NEA and he started trying to run the clock out play not to lose and almost let them win the game. I've got some friends in your part of the country that see the play from time to time and say he's a great motivator but hurts the team with his offensive strategy.
He is a keeper in my book, awesome coach & one of the best employees we have ever had at our school.

RedWolf275

Manila over Marked Tree 34-33

Head Lion

Manila over Gosnell in Sr hi & Gosnell takes the Jr hi over Manila.

neaguru

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on November 30, 2016, 12:59:53 pm
I guess Manila showed why they were seeded so high last night.

BoxNOne

Quote from: Head Lion on December 10, 2016, 10:15:16 pm
Manila over Gosnell in Sr hi & Gosnell takes the Jr hi over Manila.

Nice win for the Lions.

Head Lion

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 11, 2016, 08:21:16 am
Nice win for the Lions.
Thx Box, going to contact everyone I know on committee & try to get our regionals at Riverside.👍

BoxNOne

HL, have the 3A-3 and the 3a-1 east been alternating the regionals in past years?

Head Lion

Mostly, once every 6-8 year they try to sneak in an extra one. Bergman's superintendent is head of the committee.🙄🙄

BoxNOne

Ok, thanks for info. Hopefully it will be over here somewhere.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas