• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games this week..

Started by HorseFeathers, October 24, 2016, 06:29:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Season has started for some...

Seen that valley springs is playing Kirby tomorrow...anyone know where that game will be played?

Ice Water

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 24, 2016, 06:29:02 pm
Season has started for some...

Seen that valley springs is playing Kirby tomorrow...anyone know where that game will be played?
Kirby 31. Valley springs 30 @half

NeaBaller21

BannerChaser95

Kirby 78
Valley springs 65
Final

Head Lion

NEA Razorback olfan

Head Lion , Brookland boys come to Manila 12/2
Should be a good game!!

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Head Lion on October 26, 2016, 09:23:35 pm
WOW!
does this say a lot about valley springs? Are they going to contend this season. I'm familiar with Kirby. Very good this season but I'm curious about VS

drybones

I wouldn't count them out just yet. They won their first 3 games by a combined 91 points.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: drybones on October 27, 2016, 06:39:51 am
I wouldn't count them out just yet. They won their first 3 games by a combined 91 points.
valley springs?

drybones

HorseFeathers

South side and Scranton probably aren't very good this year

Head Lion

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 26, 2016, 09:36:27 pm
Head Lion , Brookland boys come to Manila 12/2
Should be a good game!!
We both have a bunch of great matchups with this new combined conference. Not a bunch of cupcakes to get bloated on.

Head Lion

Quote from: drybones on October 27, 2016, 07:46:28 am
Yes. Valley Springs.
Who were they playing??? Valley has a good program, but I don't understand why they waste 4-6 games a year on opponents that does them not one bit of good. The non football schools here in the Delta are just playing like 1 game a week until football is over to keep from playing the same ole 1A schools that cant make them better.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Head Lion on October 27, 2016, 12:19:40 pm
Who were they playing??? Valley has a good program, but I don't understand why they waste 4-6 games a year on opponents that does them not one bit of good. The non football schools here in the Delta are just playing like 1 game a week until football is over to keep from playing the same ole 1A schools that cant make them better.
Who are those non football schools in the delta besides BIC that don't play much until football is over?

Ice Water

I don't see the problem in playing quality 1A programs (Kirby, Jasper, etc...) and having a few games to ease into the season against decent 1A squads (Scranton, SSBB, etc...). It's not like they're playing schools that will only win four games this year.  I can't speak for the delta, but there are plenty of 1A schools elsewhere playing good basketball.

Head Lion

I think Bay hasn't been to bad of a 1A school the last decade. We have schools that are playing, just seems like most are not playing just straight TUE/FRI until FB is over. I may be wrong, just seems like that to me. One last thing if you are having trouble with Kirby, Scranton & Jasper, I wouldn't expect much success against the Noles, Lions or Colts. Well the official(Lurch) from Alpena could always come in and save the day.

RedWolf275

People keep mentioning Rivercrest. I saw them last year and they were pretty bad. Why are they Suppossed to be better? I don't see it Lion.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Head Lion on October 27, 2016, 12:19:40 pm
they just lost very convincingly to said 1A school. If that doesn't make you better. What does. Kirbys top 3 in 1A this season with 4 returning starters and the top scorer from Caddo hills just moved in. I think they're okay

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Ice Water on October 27, 2016, 12:50:01 pm
I don't see the problem in playing quality 1A programs (Kirby, Jasper, etc...) and having a few games to ease into the season against decent 1A squads (Scranton, SSBB, etc...). It's not like they're playing schools that will only win four games this year.  I can't speak for the delta, but there are plenty of 1A schools elsewhere playing good basketball.
Exactly, how else are they supposed to be good? Why wait for the football schools

Head Lion

Quote from: RedWolf275 on October 27, 2016, 02:23:29 pm
People keep mentioning Rivercrest. I saw them last year and they were pretty bad. Why are they Suppossed to be better? I don't see it Lion.
They have a coach dedicated now to year work on their game and I think the players have bought in. They always have some talent and kids that play hard, with work on skill and team development, I just think they will be much improved. I'm not trying to be ugly, we have a murderers row in our blended conference. I just would rather play real quality competition, but to each his own. I would bet our record during the season with our schedule will not be very impressive, but I like our squad chances as much as anyone besides Charleston & Osceola. JMO, if you are a 3A school, there is no excuse to not offer football to your young men. Plus, ask coaches at non football schools(even the die hards), by a big majority will tell you the season is to dang long. Just my thoughts, best of luck to all young people and hope for injury free season.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Head Lion on October 27, 2016, 09:42:39 am
We both have a bunch of great matchups with this new combined conference. Not a bunch of cupcakes to get bloated on.

Gross doesn't have a sweet tooth, our first game is against Cabot

BoxNOne

Quote from: Head Lion on October 27, 2016, 04:34:59 pm
They have a coach dedicated now to year work on their game and I think the players have bought in. They always have some talent and kids that play hard, with work on skill and team development, I just think they will be much improved. I'm not trying to be ugly, we have a murderers row in our blended conference. I just would rather play real quality competition, but to each his own. I would bet our record during the season with our schedule will not be very impressive, but I like our squad chances as much as anyone besides Charleston & Osceola. JMO, if you are a 3A school, there is no excuse to not offer football to your young men. Plus, ask coaches at non football schools(even the die hards), by a big majority will tell you the season is to dang long. Just my thoughts, best of luck to all young people and hope for injury free season.

I agree with RedWolf about Rivercrest. I'll have to see it to believe it this year. HL is right about this 3a-4a northeast thing. Going to be very tough on the boys side. However, it is very weak on the girls side.

bobcats

Quote from: Head Lion on October 27, 2016, 01:16:15 pm
I think Bay hasn't been to bad of a 1A school the last decade. We have schools that are playing, just seems like most are not playing just straight TUE/FRI until FB is over. I may be wrong, just seems like that to me. One last thing if you are having trouble with Kirby, Scranton & Jasper, I wouldn't expect much success against the Noles, Lions or Colts. Well the official(Lurch) from Alpena could always come in and save the day.

Kirby is very good.  Jasper and Scranton are way down from where they once were.  Valley will miss Hogue and Saunders but with the players they have recruited in the last couple of years they will be solid.

BannerChaser95

Kirby 66
Cossatot River 48

Cossatot River has to had this said about them. They are hard to out hustle, and played with a lot of heart. I am not saying this is a team that will contend for a title at all. But I think they could beat some teams they shouldn't!

Head Lion

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 27, 2016, 09:52:50 pm
Kirby 66
Cossatot River 48

Cossatot River has to had this said about them. They are hard to out hustle, and played with a lot of heart. I am not saying this is a team that will contend for a title at all. But I think they could beat some teams they shouldn't!
Maybe, I am not giving Kirby their props. Looks to be a fun season, but we still have some unfinished business in football.✌🏿️

Head Lion

Quote from: bobcats on October 27, 2016, 09:37:13 pm
Kirby is very good.  Jasper and Scranton are way down from where they once were.  Valley will miss Hogue and Saunders but with the players they have recruited in the last couple of years they will be solid.
Bobcats, how is your son doing? He was such a good player & one class act of a young man.

Head Lion

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 27, 2016, 04:53:43 pm
Gross doesn't have a sweet tooth, our first game is against Cabot
No, Bobby don't believe in playing a bunch of cupcakes.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Head Lion on October 27, 2016, 10:41:39 pm
Maybe, I am not giving Kirby their props. Looks to be a fun season, but we still have some unfinished business in football.✌🏿️
I really don't think you are. 3A usually is the better of the bunch in basketball. However. This Kirby teams fun to watch. The guard play is very good and a big (6'3ish) can run the floor. All 5-7 that play can rebound. I wasn't at the valley springs game. But I can attest to cossatot River, they were right their with Kirby in the hustle department. Looked like Nolan Richardson hogs and UNLV all over again. (Lol)

Baller_34

I believe Riverside is home against Ridgefield Christian tonight, shouldn't b much although RC has improved quite a bit from last year.

bobcats

Quote from: Head Lion on October 27, 2016, 10:43:16 pm
Bobcats, how is your son doing? He was such a good player & one class act of a young man.

Thanks Head Lion, Everyone is really good.  Your boys are loaded this year, I wouldn't want to draw the lions in the first round of regionals.

Saints23

Charleston has a home schooled team Monday @ home and Tuesday they travel to Lincoln.

Head Lion

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on October 27, 2016, 07:21:19 am
valley springs?
I guess Cotter is the next coming of the Cleveland Cavaliers???

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Saints23 on November 02, 2016, 11:19:14 am
Charleston has a home schooled team Monday @ home and Tuesday they travel to Lincoln.

Ft Smith patriots?

Saints23

ISU7

The Colts has a new coach and a couple of kids from last year Jr high should help one will start at the point but a football injury may keep him out til mid December.  RC will still struggle this season. They won't have an inside present and will lack a pure outside shooter. This season will probably begin like last season. Then too I could be wrong. Stay tune.

lostintheweeds

Quote from: Saints23 on November 02, 2016, 12:41:57 pm
No Saline County

Saline County is not at the same level as the FSM Patriots. FSM will win by 20 conservatively when they play Saline later this year. 
Saline was outstanding three years ago, but lost a lot to graduations. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Riverside At BIC Girls tonight
Should be a good game!!

NEA Razorback olfan

RedWolf275

NEA Razorback olfan

RedWolf275

NEA Razorback olfan

YC

Quote from: Saints23 on November 02, 2016, 11:19:14 am

Is this a scrimmage game or a real game? If a real game what time does it start?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas