• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 JR High - Girls Basketball

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, September 19, 2014, 01:52:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chickasaw fan

Any of them going to be able to move up and  help the senior high team when jr high is over?

NEA Razorback olfan

Hayden Cain played very well , I think we will start 4 guards, Cain and Loflin were on Black and Wagner and H Lovrein were on white, they were all quick on quick, Cain had a nice looking 3 that rimmed out , but got a couple nice break away layups up ahead from Loflin, Wagner had some nice drives to the basket and drawled some fouls. but not much was easy for either side, they All played Hard. Hannah had a couple good takes to the basket, Loflin hit a long 3 and had 3 break away layups. It's going to be a fun group to watch , all the girls are getting along great , and I told Wagner good game and it's great to have you here!! Same with Cain. They all compliment each other very well , it will be better seeing them all on the same team !!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: chickasaw fan on November 04, 2014, 11:01:05 pm
Any of them going to be able to move up and  help the senior high team when jr high is over?

Ohh yess, I believe those 4 will be moved up, We have 4 girls that would be starting pg on most jr hi teams in our conference.

NEA Razorback olfan

In fact I believe they all did take a turn at pg , and did very well, they only played 2 ,8 min qtrs tonight

NEA Razorback olfan

November 08, 2014, 09:12:24 pm #54 Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:47:52 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
I heard The Girls got to split up and  scrimmage with coaches  today, Girls are really getting in shape and looking good. Hard to stop Wagner from getting in the lane , good moves and finishes at the basket, made the defense look bad at times. Cain can get it and go , good vision , nice handles and can knock down the 3. Heard they wore the coaches out...lol    ..Shot 3"s and FT at the end.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 17, 2014, 06:10:14 pm #55 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:11:46 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
As far as the best Jr girls team I have seen play this Year it's Mt Home. They won over Valley View in the Finals of their tourney  by 22pts.I can't see many teams beating them. They are also in the Nettleton Tourney December.I heard they play Valley Srings whose Jr Girls are really good, someone let me know how that turns out, thanks

chickasaw fan

Oldfan, ill be looking for a different outcome tomorrow for brookland jr. I heard tonight that nettleon  was loaded. Heard they have fast trapping players. Hope yall cut dn on the turnovers. Tell Wagner to handle the basketball.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 18, 2014, 12:49:52 am #57 Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 12:55:44 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: chickasaw fan on November 18, 2014, 12:07:15 am
Oldfan, ill be looking for a different outcome tomorrow for brookland jr. I heard tonight that nettleon  was loaded. Heard they have fast trapping players. Hope yall cut dn on the turnovers. Tell Wagner to handle the basketball.

Nettleton is always loaded, Size and guards. Heard we played a lot better vs Annie Camp. I expect a good game from Wagner, She's really been tough on the defensive side, but needs to drive and shoot more, She has a nice looking shot. Her , Lovrein , and Loflin  are starting to work well in transition. I think coach has a good idea what he has  by now , so hopefully we can execute better tomorrow night and if our shooting comes around like it should ,we should get stronger as a team. We will see tomorrow night, Nettleton will be tough , I'll try to update the game.

BoxNOne

I have also heard that Nettleton is very good. They usually are in junior high.

NEA Razorback olfan

Mt Home 34
Annie Camp 31

Per Jonesboro Sun

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

December 02, 2014, 12:36:45 pm #61 Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:02:10 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Girls looked better last night , good to have Hayden Cain back out on the floor, still missing Hannah Lovrein. Lotti stepped up big last night. Our girls are getting plenty of shots up , we just need to get more to fall.

Hoffman 9 pts
Loflin 8 pts
Wagner 8 pts
Cain 6 pts

NEA Razorback olfan

Per Jonesboro Sun
Annie Camp 23
Mt Home 21
Final OT

chickasaw fan

Glad to see u guys got a win old fan. Looks like everybody is contributing some on offense. That's what it takes. When is the next game?

ezyout11

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: chickasaw fan on December 02, 2014, 03:02:03 pm
Glad to see u guys got a win old fan. Looks like everybody is contributing some on offense. That's what it takes. When is the next game?

Thanks CF,
We needed it ...lol.  the girls are starting to get in sync better, our first few games we just rushed so many shots , or flung it at the goal trying to drive through traffic , we have some talent , if our girls just relax and play, they will be fine. we have  Harrisburg Thursday in the semi finals of Pre Holiday Tourney. I believe they are undefeated so far ,I could be wrong though. I expect a good game!

We are Missing Hannah Lovrein,out there  , she be out 2 more weeks /foot injury

BoxNOne

Valley View 37-35 over Riverside in finals of Gerald Jennings tournament at Gosnell.

NEA Razorback olfan

BoxNOne

Riverside jr Lady Rebels lost to Earle 41-36 tonight. Earle had an 8th grader that was the best jr girls player I've seen in a while.

luxora4life

Quote from: BoxNOne on December 08, 2014, 10:19:47 pm
Riverside jr Lady Rebels lost to Earle 41-36 tonight. Earle had an 8th grader that was the best jr girls player I've seen in a while.

I Watched her play last year as a 7th grader playing on the Jr. girls team.  Small but she can go.

BoxNOne

She jumps about as good as you will see a girl jump.

NEA Razorback olfan

BoxNOne

She was small olfan, 5ft or maybe 5'1" I would guess. May grow some though. She was tough with the ball in her hands. Also a good rebounder for her size.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 09, 2014, 03:51:24 pm #74 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:58:40 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Sounds like she is going to be a dandy!!

Heading out to Westside , 7th, Jr, Sr girls
Conference games start tonight !!!

BoxNOne

I am driving to Earle to watch Riverside boys play

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 41
Westside 10
Final 7th girls

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

December 09, 2014, 07:02:43 pm #79 Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:20:20 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland 31
Westside 12
Final
Ally Loflin 11 pts
Whitney Wagner 8 pts
Hayden Cain 9 pts

Ezyout9700

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

December 11, 2014, 10:19:31 pm #82 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:21:15 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland at Trumann 12/12
Brookland 6-4 (1-0) travels to Trumann tomorrow night to take on the Lady Wildcats,
the Girls seem to be improving each game. Conference battles are always
the toughest.

mudd puddle

Lamar I think can repeat this year as Conference Champs and  District champs!

WPWells

mudd puddle

WPWells

You realize tonight's game didn't count, right? The Charleston junior girls were the better team on the court and anyone could see that. They'll win the rematch in Charleston

mudd puddle

December 11, 2014, 11:33:16 pm #87 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 11:37:43 pm by mudd puddle
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 11, 2014, 11:25:26 pm
You realize tonight's game didn't count, right? The Charleston junior girls were the better team on the court and anyone could see that. They'll win the rematch in Charleston

How do you say that?  Yes both games count this year now not just the first (unless coach told me wrong),  better check on that!  Im confused we missed 20 free throws and still win by 10 and you are better?  Its ok get ready for Paris cause I think you have our hands full with them.  We beat Morrilton and Vilonia this year both teams WOULD beat Charleston by double digits we played bad and still beat ya good!   The better team?  Funny ! Hey the girls will play the game not us, maybe you get lucky and win and maybe not we will see.

WPWells

Yep you just proved your ignorance. Charleston has not played Morrilton or Vilonia this year. Get your facts straight please...

mudd puddle

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 11, 2014, 11:34:17 pm
Yep you just proved your ignorance. Charleston has not played Morrilton or Vilonia this year. Get your facts straight please...

Sorry I fixed it. I quoted earlier they were undefeated (thats what i heard they were until tonight).  Hey its ok to be angry, everyone needs a hug from time to time. Hey the fact is Ctown has some great Talent and some very good young talent #23 and #22 very salty players.  but cant rely on 3's all day long.  it was a great game to win a heartbreaker to lose respect to both teams! (SEASON STILL VERY YOUNG LONG WAY TO DISTRICT)

NEA Razorback olfan

Ezyout9700

Point leaders for Brookland
Ally Loflin 16 pts. 7 steals
Lotti Hoffman 7 pts.
Emily Pate 7 pts.
Whitney Wagner 4 pts.
Hayden Cain 3 pts.
Mallorie Lovrien 2 pts.
Taylor Hammett 2 pts.

NEA Razorback olfan

Broookland moves to 7-4 (2-0) with a good win on the road. Girls got off to a slow start but really picked up the Defense and got some easy buckets. Talked to Loflin after the game and she said the girls are starting to get a better feel for each other out there on the floor ,Her and Wagner really put the pressure on the guards all night, Hoffman played very solid as did Cain and both knocked down a 3. Best thing about these girls they are very unselfish, if they get a steal , they are always looking to get the ball up ahead to an open teammate. They don't really care who leads in scoring , they just want to win!  Emily Pate had her best night tonight in the post scoring 7pts tonight, W/nice touch from the free throw line. The girls just need to keep working hard and improving.

NEA Razorback olfan

Real deal

Bay jr girls 18-1 including win over Brookland in pre-holiday finals. Only loss to nettleton by 6. If this was posted I apilogize I didn't see it.

NEA Razorback olfan

December 14, 2014, 10:23:07 pm #95 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 10:52:51 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Real deal on December 14, 2014, 09:16:58 pm
Bay Jr girls 18-1 including win over Brookland in pre-holiday finals. Only loss to nettleton by 6. If this was posted I apologize I didn't see it.

Real Deal
I watched the Bay Brookland game which Bay won 29-28
It was tied with a little over min left, great game. I was very impressed with Bay , especially having so many 8Th graders!! Very talented team!! Having 8 more games in they definitely executed a lot better than we did, We start 4 freshman and a 7Th grader. Our team is just starting to gel, I really like our group they are just starting to understand how to play together. Our first few games we looked really bad. We haven't had many easy games : Mt Home, Nettleton , Annie Camp, GCT , MacArthur, and Bay....only way to get better is playing good competition, !! We have Harrisburg Tuesday in conference and Start the Nettleton tourney 12-18  vs Forest City, I haven't heard anything about them.

Good luck to Bay the rest of the season!!
Love to play y'all again!!

mudd puddle

Lamar plays Paris tonight, should be a good game!

BigMan15

mudd puddle

Lamar girls win by 5 not a great game  but paris boys were killing lamar when I left

Oldref

Several really good Jr Girls teams this year in NEA. Bay Jr Girls went on the road last Thursday to play GCT and lost their second game of the year. 8th grader Whitlee Layne had 33 in the loss at GCT. Makes their record 18-2 this year. GCT is the best team they have played so far and those are the kind of games they need to get better. Saw where Tech beat Mountain  Home on the road last week also. Bays two losses have been to Nettleton and GCT......both are really good teams. After Christmas Mallory Hartley will get to come back after breaking a bone in her lower leg back in October. Happy she is going to get back on the court again....she is a really good player and another 8th grader. Old Fan.... hope the Brookland girls also get back to full strength soon also. Hate to see players get hurt and miss playing time.........hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas