• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lakeside (Lake Village)

Started by coachsearch, March 08, 2017, 09:25:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

coachsearch

How good of a job is this? Seem to have some talent, and the last coach seem to get them going in the right direction.

Jimbo Morphis

Great job if you can deal with players from Lake Village and Eudora fighting and don't expect any help from the administration. You do have great support from the 27 fans at home games and the 6 that travel.

WHITEchicken

Enough talent to win multiple state championships. Only needs someone to go in and put some discipline in and actually stay for more than a year. If the same coach stayed there for 5 years and half knew what he was doing I would say at least one state championship would not be a stretch.

StrongDawg

Be ready to teach 7 classes, no junior high athletic periods, no administration support, bad pay, and a really tough conference. Other than that, it's a good job.

Arkansauce

If you can understand the culture and get the kids to buy in, you can definitely win.  Norton did a great job this year, and I know he will be extremely successful at Rose Bud.  I just hope the administration doesn't make this a long process like most schools have done so far.  It is important that they hire someone who can relate to the kids and get them to buy into what they're teaching quickly!!!  If all of these things happen then Lakeside can be successful for an extended period of time.

delta0911

Quote from: StrongDawg on March 08, 2017, 01:59:58 pm
Be ready to teach 7 classes, no junior high athletic periods, no administration support, bad pay, and a really tough conference. Other than that, it's a good job.

Spot on - sadly.
Quote from: WHITEchicken on March 08, 2017, 01:47:21 pm
Enough talent to win multiple state championships. Only needs someone to go in and put some discipline in and actually stay for more than a year. If the same coach stayed there for 5 years and half knew what he was doing I would say at least one state championship would not be a stretch.

With all due respect, you don't know much about the situation if you really believe that.

WHITEchicken

I know a little about the situation. I also know that there have been very few times I have seen them play when they didn't have the most athletic team on the field. We might not ever know if I'm right until someone who goes there and stays for a while and gets the kids believing in themselves we will never know.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on March 08, 2017, 01:47:21 pm
Just like Smorphlet.

delta0911

Head coach and three assistant jobs open according to school website.  Kids say only remaining assistant looking, too.  Terrible.  Looks like we gotta replace all coaches from best season and first playoff since '06.

The problems here aren't talent or coaches.  We need new administrators.  No leadership or support for our kids.

gameoflife

What happened here? Voluntarily leaving or forced out?  Seems strange.

delta0911

Quote from: gameoflife on April 02, 2017, 02:23:06 pm
What happened here? Voluntarily leaving or forced out?  Seems strange.

They all accepted other jobs.  Have had several teachers in the high school quit, too.  My nephew is on his 2nd math teacher and 2nd english teacher this school year.

southarkdaddy

This seems like it would be the most attractive time this job has ever had.  Will be interesting to see how it shakes out..  You don't often here of entire staff's leaving after a fairly successful year.

Arkansauce

A lack of administrative support can oftentimes doom an athletic department, and that is the case for this school as well.  From what I hear they are more caught up in the number of applications rather than finding the right candidate.  I was also told that the kids have bought into the assistant coach that remains, but instead of promoting him and keeping a high morale and stability they elected to go through tons of interviews.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: southarkdaddy on April 03, 2017, 11:23:20 am
This seems like it would be the most attractive time this job has ever had.  Will be interesting to see how it shakes out..  You don't often here of entire staff's leaving after a fairly successful year.
They were really  good back in the early to mid 1980's.

COACH-Mike

fromthehills

Quote from: Arkansauce on April 03, 2017, 12:56:34 pm
A lack of administrative support can oftentimes doom an athletic department, and that is the case for this school as well.  From what I hear they are more caught up in the number of applications rather than finding the right candidate.  I was also told that the kids have bought into the assistant coach that remains, but instead of promoting him and keeping a high morale and stability they elected to go through tons of interviews.

Heard the assistant is a young coach, not much experience, but from the area I think.  Have heard several names, not sure if any are accurate or if my person really knows anything, appears it won't be much longer though.  New coach should have a lot to work with.  Lots of returners according to maxpreps roster.  Hopefully they get a guy that can keep them going in the right direction.

Arkansauce

Quote from: fromthehills on April 03, 2017, 11:29:29 pm
Heard the assistant is a young coach, not much experience, but from the area I think.  Have heard several names, not sure if any are accurate or if my person really knows anything, appears it won't be much longer though.  New coach should have a lot to work with.  Lots of returners according to maxpreps roster.  Hopefully they get a guy that can keep them going in the right direction.
What names are you hearing, because I've heard a few names as well.

fromthehills

Not going to go there on here.  Not fair to those people if true.  I'm sure all of them currently have jobs.  But some experienced people have applied, not sure there is a "homerun hire" there, but maybe a solid candidate or two.  Heard they started interviews sauce, you heard anything on that.  DM if u want.

gameoflife

If all the staff but one left I would wonder if this is a job you really want?  Sure would like to find out why they left before saying yes.

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

This program has been bad for years. It's going to take someone from the area, that understands the athletes, the situation and the parents to build a program here. It's the same story every year about Lakeside   (Lake Village/Eudora). There are good athletes, no discipline, coaches act like they don"t care. Its going have to take a whole school community attitude for change to make this program. 

delta0911

Quote from: couldbetheone17 on April 06, 2017, 07:47:08 am
This program has been bad for years. It's going to take someone from the area, that understands the athletes, the situation and the parents to build a program here. It's the same story every year about Lakeside   (Lake Village/Eudora). There are good athletes, no discipline, coaches act like they don"t care. Its going have to take a whole school community attitude for change to make this program.

You must not have saw them play. I saw every home game. Thought the organization and discipline was MUCH improved over the garbage two previous years. Coaches helped break a two year losing streak and make postseason for first time forever.  That is why Green needs to be hired.  He has support of kids, parents and the Eudora community.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: couldbetheone17 on April 06, 2017, 07:47:08 am
Until the administration cares about football nothing will change. They had a good coach and didn't care.

fromthehills

Quote from: delta0911 on April 06, 2017, 08:20:17 am
You must not have saw them play. I saw every home game. Thought the organization and discipline was MUCH improved over the garbage two previous years. Coaches helped break a two year losing streak and make postseason for first time forever.  That is why Green needs to be hired.  He has support of kids, parents and the Eudora community.

How long has Green been coaching?  Wasn't he one of the young assistants on staff?  Previous experience?  Where is he from?

Arkansauce

This job is not an experience job!! This job is about who can relate to the kids and get them to buy in!! As a member of the community I've watched coaches with 30+ years experience not win a game here.  So I take that word EXPERIENCE with a grain of salt. They just need to find the right fit for the kids!

fromthehills

Quote from: Arkansauce on April 06, 2017, 10:28:39 am
This job is not an experience job!! This job is about who can relate to the kids and get them to buy in!! As a member of the community I've watched coaches with 30+ years experience not win a game here.  So I take that word EXPERIENCE with a grain of salt. They just need to find the right fit for the kids!

While I agree with your sentiment of relating to kids, there are way more things involved in coaching football than JUST relating to the kids.  If he has all the necessary skills needed sure, but that doesnt mean they cant hire someone from the outside who could win the kids over.  Its all speculation at this point.  They should hire someone who will be there longer than one year for sure.  Maybe a young coach like green could stay and continue to learn from an experienced guy on the other parts of it and be the man in the future if it doesnt go his way now.  Good luck on this hire!  Seems to be a critical moment for the program.

Arkansauce

April 06, 2017, 12:56:43 pm #25 Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 01:10:38 pm by Arkansauce
Quote from: fromthehills on April 06, 2017, 11:51:40 am
While I agree with your sentiment of relating to kids, there are way more things involved in coaching football than JUST relating to the kids.  If he has all the necessary skills needed sure, but that doesnt mean they cant hire someone from the outside who could win the kids over.  Its all speculation at this point.  They should hire someone who will be there longer than one year for sure.  Maybe a young coach like green could stay and continue to learn from an experienced guy on the other parts of it and be the man in the future if it doesnt go his way now.  Good luck on this hire!  Seems to be a critical moment for the program.
Of course there is more to the job I'm sure there's not anyone on this thread that's ignorant of that fact.  I also know that the kids WON'T show up if the new coach is not someone that they know or like. I see these kids everyday and have heard them express this on multiple occasions around town.  X's and O's mean nothing when you don't have the players there.  If they don't go with Green, I hope whoever comes in truly understands the battle that they'll have to fight. I'm sure if you ask Green or any Coach that was on that staff, they could explain it to you.

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

I did see them play. The night i watched was players sitting on bench away from the team. It was just about whatever one had said about them.  I understand the program and what its going through. I was just saying that the new coach will need to win over the players, parents(fans), administration. They need a guy that will be committed for more than one year. The town, players, school  really needs that.

Arkansauce

Quote from: couldbetheone17 on April 07, 2017, 12:41:04 pm
I did see them play. The night i watched was players sitting on bench away from the team. It was just about whatever one had said about them.  I understand the program and what its going through. I was just saying that the new coach will need to win over the players, parents(fans), administration. They need a guy that will be committed for more than one year. The town, players, school  really needs that.
Who were they playing? Nobody said everything was perfect down here, but this year was a major improvement from what I've seen the last 4 years!!

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

Fouke. And didnt say wasnt an improvement just saying that particular night was same ole stuff, that has been talked about the program.

Proud Buckaroo

When Lakeside played Smackover. They played them really tough. I could tell they had the talented kids. They just need someone to stick around longer than one year. But, that won't change until the administration starts to care..

Redbug Loyal

I have the utmost respect for the L.V. athletes after watching them play this year, very physically gifted group of guys. I think if the program can find a way past the problems facing them (administration, coaching, etc.) then there is a bright future for L.V. football.

gameoflife

Community needs to sit down with the people running the school and explain how they feel about the football program and what they want for it in the future.  You know the school board is elected and the superintendent works at the favor of the board.  Parents make your wishes known.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: gameoflife on April 10, 2017, 05:43:40 pm
Community needs to sit down with the people running the school and explain how they feel about the football program and what they want for it in the future.  You know the school board is elected and the superintendent works at the favor of the board.  Parents make your wishes known.
All 7 fans at the away games could have a meeting.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Oldman on April 11, 2017, 06:55:10 am
All 7 fans at the away games could have a meeting.

It's so sad seeing 30 kids on the sideline and 8 fans in the stands. One kid got taken in an ambulance one year and he had no one there to go with him so they sent a coach.

Code3Cat

are there any coaches even applying for the job?

fromthehills

Quote from: Code3Cat on April 21, 2017, 08:13:36 am
are there any coaches even applying for the job?

Rumor has it an offer has been or about to be extended.  They finished interviewing last week.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: fromthehills on April 21, 2017, 08:33:19 am
Rumor has it an offer has been or about to be extended.  They finished interviewing last week.
sooooo who is it?

old.dole

fromthehills

Jimbo Morphis

Probably the medicine coach from Smackover.

ea cat

Rumor has it that it was offered to an asstistant of a 4A school with ties to LV. He turned it down.

fromthehills

Quote from: ea cat on April 23, 2017, 05:49:40 pm
Rumor has it that it was offered to an asstistant of a 4A school with ties to LV. He turned it down.

I have heard the same rumor, may never know but if thats who i think it is he was not offered and im sure he would have taken it.  Not sure if he is a finalist or not, but i heard he interviewed and did well.  Name im hearing is also connected to lake village but he is older than the said 4A assistant.  Not sure where he works currently but i think he (older guy) has worked their before., not sure if 4a assistant did but i think so.

fromthehills

Quote from: ea cat on April 23, 2017, 05:49:40 pm

Now there are two different 4a assistants with ties to lake village i am told, so maybe one of the two was offered and declined.

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

I heard the name Morphis??? not sure, The other was guy who been at a Mississippi school last few years.

WHITEchicken

If it was Morpheus from the Matrix then that is a great leader.

old.dole

Arkansauce

I heard that a decision was made today!!!!

Arkansauce

Heard it was a Mississippi coach!!!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Arkansauce on April 24, 2017, 01:22:30 pm
Heard it was a Mississippi coach!!!
That hasn't worked well in the past.

SEAFOOTBALLFAN

If it is a Mississippi coach they are speaking of, He has Arkansas roots and ties to Lakeside so has an idea of what is going on...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas