• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Basketball 2016-2017

Started by WPWells, November 12, 2016, 09:49:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

They're showing the Belk Bowl on the screen for ticket holders. That's a great idea so people don't have to sacrifice watching the football game.

ricepig

It shows very few tickets left, but the student sections, both upper and lower probably will be spotty.

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AIBM%3AB16%3A12%3A&linkID=arkansas&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=MBI&cgc=

BannerMountainMan

Their shouldn't be any seats left soon because that 15$ deal is great to watch both games and half-price concessions for the football game!

WPWells

Students had the opportunity to donate tickets to low-income kids if they knew they wouldn't be in town for the game. I imagine the student section will be more full than you think.

ricepig

Quote from: WPWells on December 28, 2016, 08:42:01 pm
Students had the opportunity to donate tickets to low-income kids if they knew they wouldn't be in town for the game. I imagine the student section will be more full than you think.

Well, it would be the first time this year, haha.

beach bum

I am always on the basketball train more than the football train.... however we need the football Hogs to win today and not suck a little life out of the crowd watching the game on the big screen at Bud Walton waiting for the Florida game to start. That might make for a strange atmosphere if the football team is losing with all those people probably showing up early for the basketball game. That said, I am little worried about the bowl game. If we show up and mentally ready to play at a high level I think the basketball team gets a big win.

BannerMountainMan

This game pretty much erases last game, RPI jumps back up to 29. Good win.

mack

I'm a little concerned.  I saw 2-3 times that Macon ignored Dusty when he was wide open.  I hope he just missed him....

beach bum

When their back was against the wall and needed a win they got one... A loss tonight and they were staring a 0-3 start down the face. Beat Miss State two games from now and be at 2-2 in SEC play and I will be happy knowing they are giving themselves a chance at least. This team is going to need like a 4 game type win streak somewhere to get up to that 11 conference win total I think they need to give themselves an NCAA tourney spot.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on January 03, 2017, 08:25:13 pm
I'm a little concerned.  I saw 2-3 times that Macon ignored Dusty when he was wide open.  I hope he just missed him....

You sound like HV with AA ignoring Hatcher except on the scripted early plays, and always looking for Morgan, lol. I didn't watch much, I watched Jonesboro win by 33 over WM.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: beach bum on January 03, 2017, 09:14:28 pm
When their back was against the wall and needed a win they got one... A loss tonight and they were staring a 0-3 start down the face. Beat Miss State two games from now and be at 2-2 in SEC play and I will be happy knowing they are giving themselves a chance at least. This team is going to need like a 4 game type win streak somewhere to get up to that 11 conference win total I think they need to give themselves an NCAA tourney spot.
yea glad they got the win tonight.I think you may be right that they will need at least a 3 game win streak in there somewhere to get a tourney spot

bdubyab60

I'll take every win we can. Not easy winning on the road in the league. Especially when at one point the other team has made more freethrows than you have taken. I think we are gonna be in a lot of tight  ball games this year in league play.

Kentucky is going to be a tough test for sure. They can flat out score.

Lumberjackfan1978

Yea we need every win we can get hopefully we will get enough to make it the NCAA tournament

BannerMountainMan

I'm tired of everybody dogging on Mike Anderson, it's hard to win at Arkansas no matter what, have you seen many coaches do it, NO! The only one that will be remembered is Nolans 1994, and who was apart of that.. MIKE ANDERSON! I am ready for tomorrow night, not that we will win I just love to watch Arkansas Basketball! WPS and maybe if everybody would lighten up and get behind your state each game, maybe it will be a lot more fun! 12-2 and a RPI of 29 is great!! A loss to Kentucky will do nothing but keep us where we are at and maybe make us higher!

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2017, 03:25:43 pm
I'm tired of everybody dogging on Mike Anderson, it's hard to win at Arkansas no matter what, have you seen many coaches do it, NO! The only one that will be remembered is Nolans 1994, and who was apart of that.. MIKE ANDERSON! I am ready for tomorrow night, not that we will win I just love to watch Arkansas Basketball! WPS and maybe if everybody would lighten up and get behind your state each game, maybe it will be a lot more fun! 12-2 and a RPI of 29 is great!! A loss to Kentucky will do nothing but keep us where we are at and maybe make us higher!
Uh remember a guy named Eddie Sutton he was pretty relevant at Arkansas too.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on January 06, 2017, 04:09:22 pm
Uh remember a guy named Eddie Sutton he was pretty relevant at Arkansas too.
and nobody outside of Arkansas talks about him right, right.

Longfellow

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2017, 03:25:43 pm
It's not 1994. What Mike Anderson did as an assistant for Nolan 23 years ago isn't relevant and doesn't make him a good, exceptional, or even average coach. Arkansas will never be an elite team again until they get a coach who can put in an actual system and not that garbage that Anderson runs

AirWarren

I think we should fire the entire fan base.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 06, 2017, 04:10:40 pm
and nobody outside of Arkansas talks about him right, right.
Mike Anderson isn't a hair on Eddie's butt... but MA is a good coach. We are doing well now and MA has had us going in the right direction. We can't blame him for Monk...Monk did what Monk needed to do. Let's see where we go from here. The Tenner win on the road was huge I think...

SackAttack

Quote from: Longfellow on January 06, 2017, 08:31:10 pm
It's not 1994. What Mike Anderson did as an assistant for Nolan 23 years ago isn't relevant and doesn't make him a good, exceptional, or even average coach. Arkansas will never be an elite team again until they get a coach who can put in an actual system and not that garbage that Anderson runs
This is pure gospel truth right here. Fastest 40 right?? Couldn't agree more

WPWells

bdubyab60

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 07, 2017, 08:13:31 pm
Need to knock down some shots
yalls D is good. Y'all just need someone to step up on O and y'all will be fine...

WPWells

Don't you have Ohio State to worry about?

mtindian42

Quote from: WPWells on January 07, 2017, 08:27:03 pm
Don't you have Ohio State to worry about?
am I talking to you? Mind your own...

WPWells

Well it was clear you haven't watched the game.

bdubyab60

Need to stop Fox. 4 or 5 times he just gets it and runs down the floor and makes a play

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 07, 2017, 08:51:04 pm
Need to stop Fox. 4 or 5 times he just gets it and runs down the floor and makes a play
that and get number 3 going for y'all.

bdubyab60

Think we have more fouls than points this half

WPWells

Hannahs is too slow. He won't get going this game.

SackAttack

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 07, 2017, 08:51:04 pm
How so?? We are the fastest 40 haven't you heard??

WPWells

Coach Venny Slocombe

WP, the ref's did not beat Arkansas tonight. 12 McDonald's all american's did. We tried to not let Monk beat us...well he didn't. The rest of the team did. Kentucky is good, very good. We don't have one player that could start for Kentucky.  We were supposed to lose this game. Keep focused and move forward towards the dance. Try and get better every game. This team is not a top twenty five team. We have too many holes.

What does the next recruiting class look like?

SackAttack

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 07, 2017, 09:53:31 pm
WP, the ref's did not beat Arkansas tonight. 12 McDonald's all american's did. We tried to not let Monk beat us...well he didn't. The rest of the team did. Kentucky is good, very good. We don't have one player that could start for Kentucky.  We were supposed to lose this game. Keep focused and move forward towards the dance. Try and get better every game. This team is not a top twenty five team. We have too many holes.

What does the next recruiting class look like?
Finally someone is making sense. Too many holes defensively. It won't matter if the system doesn't change. Single digit assists tonight and that stat speaks volumes to a flawed system! Careful Venny you'll receive a healthy dose of venom for spilling the truth.

Jacketman65

Yep, typical Arkansas/Kentucky game. Toyed with in the first half and then trucked in the second!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Jacketman65 on January 08, 2017, 12:54:15 am
Yep, typical Arkansas/Kentucky game. Toyed with in the first half and then trucked in the second!
i know third best team in SEC ain't the best in the world but it's what we are, Kentucky had Ole Miss and Texas A&M out of the ring in the first five minutes, we stood our ground for about 28 and that's improvement!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on January 08, 2017, 01:59:09 am
i know third best team in SEC ain't the best in the world but it's what we are, Kentucky had Ole Miss and Texas A&M out of the ring in the first five minutes, we stood our ground for about 28 and that's improvement!
I was listening to ESPN the other day and they were talking SEC basketball and they said Kentucky was the best, followed by Florida and 3 through 9 were a toss up. You can't compare scores. Basketball is about match ups. We do need to position ourselves at #3 though because that will get us in the dance...I suspect we will win a couple on the road that maybe we shouldn't...but we could lose a couple at home we should win...we need to forget about Kentucky as soon as those guys got in the locker room last night...NEXT!

bdubyab60

We were playing with them until Barford gave them some motivation. Shortly after that they started attacking us on offense every possession and our own offense sputtered.

We had to have them play bad and us play a complete game. Didn't happen. I didn't expect us to win this game. We are not consistent enough and didn't have the size to hang with them.

At the end of the day Kentucky did to us what they are going to do to the rest of the SEC except maybe Florida. No sense in complaining to much just move on to the next one.

beach bum

January 08, 2017, 10:09:05 am #188 Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 11:09:52 am by beach bum
I agree with Venny, we are somewhere between 3rd and 8th/9th in the SEC in which the next 15 games will determine. We can potentially sit between 12-6 and 8-10 in conference as a rough guess. Win 2/3 of the Tennessee type games and they have a shot. I am slowly getting more pessimistic the more I see and I am going to say we only go about 10-8 with a loss to Oklahoma State as well along the way. Throw in a loss in the SEC tournament and that equals 11 losses total on the season. If you lose 11 games as an SEC team you plain and simple aren't getting in the NCAA tournament even if we get to 22 or 23 wins. It will take 9 losses or less to get in so NIT here we come....

Jacketman65

Everyone is talking about CBB in the football thread, well Anderson has been here longer and it is time for him to produce!  NIT is unexceptible, we should be in the big dance every year!IMBO.  No one said that Eddie Sutton could get it done, but he did!  No one said that Nolan could get it done, National Champs! MA needs to hitch it up,  he has kind of gotten a pass due to the POOR performance of the FB team!  If you listen closely you will hear the same type of excuses as the FB team!  The best was "at least we didn't let Monk beat us".  I guess we forgot about the other 4/1.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Jacketman65 on January 09, 2017, 12:39:25 am
Everyone is talking about CBB in the football thread, well Anderson has been here longer and it is time for him to produce!  NIT is unexceptible, we should be in the big dance every year!IMBO.  No one said that Eddie Sutton could get it done, but he did!  No one said that Nolan could get it done, National Champs! MA needs to hitch it up,  he has kind of gotten a pass due to the POOR performance of the FB team!  If you listen closely you will hear the same type of excuses as the FB team!  The best was "at least we didn't let Monk beat us".  I guess we forgot about the other 4/1.

::) Paging arm chair athletic director to the drive through window....People are upset that they're whoppers are getting cold while your making those important decisions...

Btw I do agree....Tournament this year or bust....The s.e.c sucks in basketball, and Arkansas actually produces enough basketball talent to be competitive...Just look at the next 3 classes coming out of the state...

bdubyab60

AirWarren

Very inconsistent. Scared to attack.

SackAttack

Bud Walton is a morgue!! Its happened nobody cares. Bye bye Mike and take Mel with you.

bdubyab60

Crowd seems in to it to me. Just to often we quit moving the ball.

bdubyab60

Well this is an NIT team at best. We have to many line up changes where there is zero offense and defensively these 3's it seems like everyone hits them on us.

MA will be firmly on it at seasons end

beach bum

This is getting really tough to watch.... Also, my goodness look for Mississippi State in the coming years to always be fighting for 2nd place in the SEC. Those two freshmen have quite the poise and game. They don't have NBA bodies or freak athleticism so get used to seeing them make lots of 3's the next few years in this league. Plus, Howland is recruiting another good group to add to the roster next year.

bdubyab60

SackAttack

And yet people think theres going to be change with our incoming recruiting class. This is a flawed system. I challenge everyone to spend a little time watching our bench. during the four minute timeout Scotty and TJ were just sitting there. Sitting there. Saying nothing. No hand clapping or butt patting. Nothing. TJ looked bored. Looks like a very very comfortable staff to me. One of many many problems.

AirWarren

Quote from: SackAttack on January 10, 2017, 10:53:12 pm
And yet people think theres going to be change with our incoming recruiting class. This is a flawed system. I challenge everyone to spend a little time watching our bench. during the four minute timeout Scotty and TJ were just sitting there. Sitting there. Saying nothing. No hand clapping or butt patting. Nothing. TJ looked bored. Looks like a very very comfortable staff to me. One of many many problems.

Fire em all.

Scotty is riding 94 until it can't be rode anymore.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas