• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England Football

Started by RockZilla, January 08, 2018, 10:10:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 14, 2018, 08:09:58 pm
I thought far mer relocated to Michigan or somewhere else up north

Yes, Loy Norrix in Kalamazoo.

MagicMike

Quote from: incogneto on January 14, 2018, 07:13:51 pm
They need to just go hire Darryl Burnett and stay out of his way.

That would be a HR for England but probably a step down for Burnett

big E

Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on January 14, 2018, 04:39:51 pm
Farmer knew talent level was going to drop, can't blame him for that.

Brandon Barbaree has had a ridiculous number of jobs.

The other two, I have no idea.

Coach Garrett will land on his feet, England will bring in a good coach.  Situation stinks, but its part of the business.

Previous poster called out board members - the Cheeks obviously - but it would have taken more than two votes to make a move and usually an administrator recommends such action.  Unfortunate, but its happened many places in addition to England.
The funny thing about that statement is Farmer told me numerous times that the talent was still there it was the work ethic and attitude of the kids that would hold them back. The real reason Farmer left wasn't a drop off in talent it was not being able to get along with the administration.  Now for those of you that don't know Farmer sometimes he is not the easiest man to get along with. So I'm sure it was a little on both sides.

RockZilla

Quote from: incogneto on January 14, 2018, 07:13:51 pm
They need to just go hire Darryl Burnett and stay out of his way.

Agreed

RockZilla

Probably would be step down for Burnett but experience and home town man would be great. Heard brother planned this with Garrett and all but one followed suit. Bunch of egos that think they should compete for a state title every year. I heard it was a bunch of meetings outside they meeting for this to happen.

STUNNA

Sad that people won't let a coach run the program how he sees fit.

Jimbo Morphis

MagicMike

I just can't imagine Burnett leaving his spot to go to a job nobody wanted last spring. Hometown or not. They are most likely going to end up with someone similar to Garrett

jsky14

BigLion10

Bryant I think as an assistant sky

lionfan59

DB is the Dc at Bryant  I would love to see him come home. 

BigLion10

purpleswag

Would he want to
Come back to that cluster?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: purpleswag on January 17, 2018, 12:11:22 pm
Would he want to
Come back to that cluster?
He would be a great fit for 2-12 months.

lionfan59

Been hearing his name throughout the community for years. I moved to town right after he graduated, but heard about him while he was at Henderson playing football. Every year since he graduated I've heard his name pop up. Each year I hear it more and more. I truly hope they consider trying to pull him home.

southarkdaddy

He'd have to to take a pay cut and leave a pretty coveted job that will set him up for a big time job down the road to walk into a dumpster fire.  Not saying he's not coming, but he if does he really loves England. 

jsky14

Not exactly a dumpster fire. Not yet

old.dole

I would be shocked to see him leave Bryant! The fire may not be burning burning but it's been lit

southarkdaddy

Quote from: jsky14 on January 17, 2018, 08:50:55 pm
Not exactly a dumpster fire. Not yet

They ran the baseball coach out of town a year after they brought home their first baseball trophy in how long.  Now they run off a young, promising coach 9 months into the job.  The dumpster is ablaze my friend. 

purpleswag

Quote from: southarkdaddy on January 18, 2018, 08:18:22 am
They ran the baseball coach out of town a year after they brought home their first baseball trophy in how long.  Now they run off a young, promising coach 9 months into the job.  The dumpster is ablaze my friend.

It always baffles me how communities will do this to people. Do they not realize how bad it makes them look? This reminds me of the Magnet Cove thread last year. Just doesn't make sense

RockZilla

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: RockZilla on January 18, 2018, 08:30:42 am
Small town politics

Ain't that the truth.  Not going to worry about stomping on a coach's career, family, etc. as long as they get what they want for their kid.

jsky14

January 18, 2018, 09:23:41 am #72 Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:25:22 am by jsky14
what trophy did they bring home in baseball?

MagicMike

I don't think it was a trophy. Maybe league runner up. But they did make the region for the first time in a long time.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: MagicMike on January 18, 2018, 09:28:34 am
I don't think it was a trophy. Maybe league runner up. But they did make the region for the first time in a long time.

maybe thats right

jsky14

I think they made regionals as 4th place team a couple of times. England has made regionals fairly regularly in baseball.
I agree with your main point, but don't exaggerate.

mrknowitall

Go back and check. They hadn't been to a regional in baseball in years.

mrknowitall

January 18, 2018, 10:37:31 am #77 Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:39:44 am by mrknowitall
Regardless. Unless something happened that no one is willing to talk about, and I don't think it has. It's hard to justify getting rid of a coach less than a year after you hire him. I go back to one if my earlier post...ENGLAND LOOKS REALLY BAD IN THIS!

jsky14

Pick_DA_EAGLES

When are Cheek and bigworm gonna bring some actual knowledge to this thread?

jsky14

Quote from: mrknowitall on January 18, 2018, 10:37:31 am
Regardless. Unless something happened that no one is willing to talk about, and I don't think it has. It's hard to justify getting rid of a coach less than a year after you hire him. I go back to one if my earlier post...ENGLAND LOOKS REALLY BAD IN THIS!
Can't disagree with you.

Wonderdog

They were 8 points away from being a 2 seed and minimum 7 win team. Season could have been a lot worse. Hopefully this decision was not made due to record.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Wonderdog on January 20, 2018, 06:18:12 pm
They were 8 points away from being a 2 seed and minimum 7 win team. Season could have been a lot worse. Hopefully this decision was not made due to record.

Underachieving and disorganization is what the England faithful said. 

RockZilla

Quote from: southarkdaddy on January 22, 2018, 09:29:42 am
Underachieving and disorganization is what the England faithful said.
[/quote

That a great excuse to fire a first year head coach.

mrknowitall

If they are expecting what they had for the previous 2 seasons they will forever underachieve! Not saying they can't be good, and be good for long periods of time, but that group of seniors was special. Those groups don't come around all the time! Do they not remember where or what they were before that group came through!?

southarkdaddy

Is the current coach planning to stay on staff?  Such a weird deal. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: southarkdaddy on January 24, 2018, 10:22:40 am
I'm guessing no

OB11

RockZilla

Quote from: southarkdaddy on January 24, 2018, 10:22:40 am

From what I've heard it was not a option.

lionfan59

Tick tock. Tick Tock. Tick Tock

MagicMike

Has job even actually posted yet?

Arkansas Football 18

Who all is interviewing for this job?

BigLion10

big E

southarkdaddy

Were they somehow able to convince Burnett?  Or are they going to have to get someone similar to the guy they hired this time last year?

BigLion10

I'm hoping they go after Burnett

purpleswag

Why would he leave Bryant to go to England? He would have to really love his alma mater or they would have to open their pocketbooks. My bet is that he makes more now as a DC than he would as their HC

southarkdaddy

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 23, 2018, 11:45:36 am
I'm hoping they go after Burnett

Of course they've gone after him.  Thats a foregone thought.  The question is could they somehow convince him to even consider that step down?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: purpleswag on February 23, 2018, 01:01:51 pm
Why would he leave Bryant to go to England? He would have to really love his alma mater or they would have to open their pocketbooks. My bet is that he makes more now as a DC than he would as their HC
Job security lol?

lionfan59

Looks like DB is making around 58,000 at Bryant. Last HC at England was making around 47,000 with additional $5000. If I'm reading the contracts correct. But sometimes it's not always about money why someone takes a job.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas