• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EMTs come to Carlisle

Started by mudturtle, April 26, 2006, 09:13:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fbhound

The only thing the coaches did wrong was to exercise UNconditioned players a bit harder than their bodies were used to, considering the intensity of the exercise and the length of the workout. I will almost bet those players will not go out for football this year! If they do, there will be a definite thought in them about drinking water before practice. And the coaches will be giving a lot of water breaks too. Are the coaches still on staff?

Lord Infamous™

the students might not have been in good enough shape for it and the coach didnt know and thought they should have been.......might not have been the coache's fault....my dad tells me about back when he played ball and they didnt get much water at all and practiced hard and nothing happened to them, they were in shape.

mudturtle

We may never know what really happended unless we were ther, but we will hear several versions.

Still, no matter how out of shape you are, no matter how much of a discipline problem you are, there is a problem somewhere if you start out in the gym and end up in the hospital.

footballfan-tastic

The important factor here is how many kids were injured or sick.  Were they all actually ill or were some taken as a precaution?   Water should be available whenever needed, was it?  Over hydration can be as serious a problem as underhydration, according to new studies.  You see this in distance runners.  It is odd that old timers never were given water and you just didn't see this type of thing.  I think because the harsh conditions were expected and the players were used to it because they didn't spend their time indoors under air-conditioning.  I hope the coaches were not at fault though intentional lack of concern for the players.   I know of at least one instance where the coaches, (at the college level), failed to provide water as a sort of toughing up measure, that is just stupid.  Try not to condemn the coaches until you know all the facts.  Coaches and teaches are easy targets and it is hard to take back false accusations.

mudturtle

Quote from: exorcist on May 06, 2006, 02:46:04 pm
It is odd that old timers never were given water and you just didn't see this type of thing. I

That may or may not be true.  Back in the pre CNN days, a lot of things happened, but if they weren't in your part of your city, you might not have heard about it.  Now back news goes world-wide in a flash, whether you are talking about fingers in chili, missing kids, or teacher giving "special afterhour classes.

Going back to the seventies I personally know of two heat strokes in football practice, one with signigicant long term problems.  Surely there were others.  I just not sure the old timers were as immune as we might think.

Coaches are so much better trained now and the well being of students a higher priority.

Rulesman

Quote from: mudturtle on May 06, 2006, 05:38:37 pm
Quote from: exorcist on May 06, 2006, 02:46:04 pm
It is odd that old timers never were given water and you just didn't see this type of thing.

Coaches are so much better trained now and the well being of students a higher priority.
You can thank lawyers for that.

marchmadness

People posting on here do not know what has led to this event.  It goes back some 2-3 years ago when that stupid superintendent let 50 expereinced coaches go by the way side b/c HE didn't want a football program like Clayton had, since this was also the year Clayton finally had enough with the new people at Carlisle.  Now, Carlisle has no Clayton, and far from him, and the old superintendent that was shady himself, goes to Newport and they buy him out this past late December after 1.5 years, so I guess he made a great impression there, too!  Now, he isn't even in education unless he is getting bucks to do inservice crap.  Those coaches that interveiwed were clearly told the Clayton era was over, and I also put blame on that mighty search committee they set up (wonder who chose the ones to be on it?)  This is the second school this spring that I've heard of these search committees, and both of them could have saved the school and candidates plenty of time and money.  So, the coaches that had enough senority and common sence, knew (it didn't take a rocket scientist to predict the following) that with off season cut in half, more emphasis put on other sports, mainly basketball, and changes, significant changes to the summer weight lifting, what the end result would be... a very flat, weak, team with a coach that had one year experience in a private school.  This superintendent wasn't just happy with cutting a little there or here in football, he would have cut the entire program IF  a few more educated folk hadn't showed up and spoke the truth, along with many coaches looking for a job, that also could see that he was going to kill the football program at Carlisle that had been there for decades (since the board then had no college graduate on it, except one, I think).  What happened to the days when the SB would be the checks and balances to make one (meaning ADM) or SB not in too much control over the school?  Gosh, it used to work so well back in the last few decades of the 20 centrury.  Steward took the job, and I know he is supposed to be a really nice guy, but lets stop there.  Boys and parents alike have said the downfall of his coaching is his inability to handle a team, like he was a coach in real authority.  Compare that to Clayton and even Jamie Jones, and this would be a shock to most new athletes and their parents when it was time to meet him and sing with him.  I think they saw Steward as the Perfect candidate, someone who would not question the superintendent, do most of his work, talk to the parents very democratically,  and other things that have come about.  He got the AD job and jr./sr high football head coaching jobs, so he was there the day the students were tardy.  Also, take note that last year, Coach JOnes tried to resign b/c he does officiated all over the state and out of the state, as does  his daughter, but someone at the  school (I do believe it was Steward!)  Jones has already T-dropped so staying at a low paying place at Carlisle is not what he wants to be doing  right now.  He was with Steward  when one of them gave the kids the running assignment.  I had told another poster that I predicted that Jones would be fired if he can't get his resignation in before they finish the investigations, but  with him taking the fall, then Steward would probably give the preacher type teacher another year to see some improvements.  But, don't get me wrong, he is under pressure to do better than he has.  His excuses has only hurt him, so he should go to the archives of the Carlisle paper and see that when Clayton started a year with only 15-18 players, his comment was to suck it up and do the best you could do to get the kids ready to play ball two ways b/c of low numbers, but since they  knew Barton very well back then, they knew that Barton  only had these types of numbers more than Carlislie did.  I never understood it but in Carlisle it was really a love/hate type of relationsip  with Clayton.   But, knowing alot of folks in that area, having friends and family play, I think this was really blown up in a huge manner, whether there was some kind of grand sceme behind it on the players/parents behalf, or just something the went right along with what the ADM was probably going try and shake up things in the athletic dept.  Word has been for awhile that one.. the kids were not getting in very good conditioning, period.  They weren't running that much and alot of the practices  looked as if he were coaching female players b/c there were no intenisty, no yelling to encourage players (got to watch that yelling word b/c some parents become freaked out, when all us that played ball in the 50's on to the 1990's were used to coaches yelling.  Did this hurt our egos, brain developement, self-esteem,ect.. ) It just made me think that I had a qualitified coach that cared about every single person on the team.  Back to  Steward, I think he had the new teacher syndome... Having to let all the new players and students to get to know him as a friend first, then maybe a teacher second, and lastly the coach, b/c most perceive a coach as the biggest threat.  This way, he got his plaque this year and maybe last year as being one of the most liked teachers, which in Carlisle history, most coaches haven't won this but some prior to Clayton that really did care about  their teaching and kids just as much as football.  Coaches prior to him that were there for more than 10 years, always had a fairly good repore with the kids, but still wanted to win football games.  So, with Steward taking a job, where the committee most definitely told him the budget was near zero b/c Clayton got whatever he wanted for years (Was this really his fault if the SB and ADM had always approved it???  Just shows what they will do if you are winning, but look out if you quit or you start losing.)  So, Steward knows his off season is in shreads, literally.  Cut out half of a football teams off season, and see how quickly the program goes in a death dive.  Then take away half of the work during summer off  season, and man, that's the real killer, not just to the program but that is personal.  That goes to every kid that wants to better himself during the summer.  So, Steward had pressure building about winning, being more aggressive, looking like a team that was even practicing, ect.. and when these young jr. high kids came in late, I think he snapped.  I doubt that they ever ran 2 miles in sprints but maybe once or twice, but to think they ran 8 miles on one of the cooler days in the entire spring, is just crazy.  Parents wake up!  Do you think if they got a late start to practice, some papers reported at least a 10 min. delay from the beginning of class, and last I heard, classes ran about 40 minutes, but kids have to have time to change and dry off, so there is no way any kid could have ran 8 miles, NEVER!  They may have been told run 8 miles, but even if the best 2 miler was able to run it under 3:00 min., which is possible, but highly unlikely, there would not be a single kid that could have ran even half of that distance before the bell was ringing.  Now, going back to this problem with Steward, you can't start off easy, then all a sudden get mighty tough, b/c kids don't understand this type of teaching.  There has been extensive research on this very thing, and the tendacy is for all new teachers to start off to there first job, which is teaching trying to be nice, so they feel accepted by the student body.  Experience teachers will tell you, that when they were in PET courses, yes, the best thing going Pet, and they redo every good thing that works.  Pet gave the students more hands on in a real type setting without a shadowing person there to handle any misunderstandings between a parent or a student teacher, and it was stressed back then, always start out the hardest you can, but give the students respect.  The smarter ones can see that you are only trying to gain classrooom control and respect in return, then as they act better and understand some basic rules/ lessons that were given to all to help do exercises for that very thing... being a teacher that followed schools rules, but also respecting students and considering certain misfortunes that happen doing class that may prevent you from doing your work one night, then the student wouldn't be scared to talk to the teacher about their personal prooblem.  Steward was not smart to start off trying to make every "important parent" happy with his answers from the committee who actually had parents that had sons that would be trying out for the starting QB job!(and other starters' parents were there on the committee!)  These people in Carlisle know who they are, and I hope that when they read this, they take alot of pride knowing that they pulled off one STUPID move that DIDN"T help the school and to the people who hand picked that search committee, you got what you deserve in all this mess with the kids dropping out like flies in the running punishment.  I'm sure more has been covered up over the years, since we have a person living in Carlisle that has made his entire life working in the HOuse of REpresentatives, until the statue of limitations, so then he becomes a AR Senaor, until he reaches those limitations,   which by that time, he should be ready to go into his own nursing home.  People in Carlisle have alot of pride, and they probably should so, after all, just look at Clayton's records, and when he left, he told people why it was time for him to go, he knew what was brewing with these younger parents.  It almost goes back to all the problems with today's world... these younger parents will always side with their kids regardless of what that kid did during the day.  When me and my siblings were in school and one
ever got in trouble, you got in worse trouble at home!  Maybe, Carlisle should start instilling some of the older values in the school.   
    MY sources say that both Jones and Steward will be gone.  JOnes can get out of this without too much damage, he wasn't the head coach, and he has been trying to leave for the past couple of years, but the basketball coach that was near the boys when it happened, had no bearing on what the football coaches did to the kids, so he was cleared.  That was what I heard as of today, and I do know that last week the board voted on the staff for rehiring, and a few names were held pending a completed investigation, so the SB was to meet again this week, probably Thursday, to decide.  Looking back, this was a no brainer as far as the punishment of the coaches, and as far as the punishment for the JR. high team,(the paper was wrong, there were no spring ball going on, b/c the AAA has set the last two weeks aside for all SR. High teams to have spring practice, and even so, Jr. high kids wouldn't be doing spring practice.  Sorry for the long writing, but wanted to cover what has happened and led up to it.l 

The Infidel

Impressive marchmadness. I did not think the so called "facts" concerning the running incident added up either. Some of the people that I know wish coach Clayton would come back but it sounds like he could see the handwriting on the wall. I guess everyone has ups and downs. I'm certain this will run it's course and Carlisle will be on the upside again. Good luck to you all.

Prince Caspian

Nice. That is one HUGE post.

Dayton Kitchens

That post two up could've used some paragraphs.

and maybe a period or two.

Still,  it was interesting.

infinity41

So, what has happened so far?  Marchmadness, will there be new coach next year or is Steward staying as well as Jones?

footballfan-tastic

Same about the kids, hope that they are all ok.  MM, any inside on changes being made?

XFalkonz

Yeah Clayton was a real winner....wasnt it during his time that one of his players was abused by a upper-classman with a broom handle? Yeah lets blame John Steward for all the problems at Carlise. It is easy, it is wonderful, it takes pressure off of others. John Steward took that job because he wanted to have a chance to make a difference. The problem is that the people there are living in the past and they want a coach back that was a total sir to his kids , parents, and other coaches. I'll take a John Steward over a Clayton anyday. I am glad that I didnt take the job at Carlise this summer. I prefer to be at a place where we may not win but the people back their coaches.

amehr36

Id personally rather win...but ok...

footballfan-tastic

You would rather lose?  Surely Carlisle cannot be that bad.

XFalkonz

No Carlise is not that bad. They have a great school and some good people. But it is the ones that are living in the past that bother me. John and I are very close friends and I have tried my best to stay out of this thread but I can not stand by and watch him be destroyed by people that he loves and cares for in the school. Was a mistake made? I dont know and only he and select few are going to know. Was he too much of a players coach? Maybe he was but maybe they needed someone to show that they care for them as people rather than just machines that followed orders. John is a guy that is a wonderful person and outstanding coach. He cares so much for the community. While he was asking me to apply for the job there all he could say was how wonderful the people were and how great the kids were at the school. He would never try to hurt the program or the kids or embarass the school. His approach is different than the former coach and the people are desparate for victory that they cant see that maybe his approach is going to take a little while to be implemented. He isnt a first year coach and his pedigree extends back to West Memphis where he was a assistant coach under some really good coaches. John knows his football and he knows how to deal with hard situations.
I know I might ruffle some folks feathers with the previous post and this post as well. I dont care because John Steward is worth ruffling feathers to me. I didnt take the job or apply because it wasnt a fit for me. I would love to work with John Steward from this point on and have absolutely 100 percent faith in him. I just wish others that want to point fingers would look at the man for a second and see that he is in a difficult position and he is doing the best that he can for all people.

amehr36

How long has it been since Carlisle was any good?

Dayton Kitchens

My understanding is that prior to the last two seasons, Carlisle had made the playoffs for 12 consecutive years.  And advanced to the state title game four times.

Even their season two years ago was 7-3 if I recall correctly.

amehr36

I remember playing them my soph year in the playoffs.

footballfan-tastic

So is the problem really in the coaching or in the talent or in a declining school enrollment?  Everyone always wants to blame the coach, that's not always the case.

Gram Parsons Ghost

Steward is a good guy and a good coach.  It's a shame what happend, and to see it go down like this.

mudturtle

EagleMom

Steward was Carlise's AD.  Where does it say that the football coach should always be the AD?  Both basketball coaches have been very successful at Carlise.  Do they need an AD that is not successful to teach them how to lose? 

Carlise is turning into a basketball school without any help from the athletic department as far as off season is concerned. Steward should be able to stand on his own record if he is to continue to survive in the football world.

Coach T has turned the girls program into a state power in basketball and Coach Tree has won 3 straight conference championships. Their records speak for themselves.  Maybe one of these coaches should be offered the AD job to achieve equity in the various sport programs.  This is not the dark ages when football was always KING.

DNH36

Football will always be KING.

EagleMom

Only in your mind in Carlisle.

Prince Caspian

To be honest with you...that's the first time I have heard about the Carlisle basketball program.  I had no clue they have pulled off 3 straight conference titles.  Impressive.  But it does show you, and me, what sport Carlisle is known for.

eli

Quote from: Prince Caspian on May 10, 2006, 09:21:21 am
To be honest with you...that's the first time I have heard about the Carlisle basketball program. I had no clue they have pulled off 3 straight conference titles. Impressive. But it does show you, and me, what sport Carlisle is known for.

They will soon be known for track. In today's ADG one of the "abused" jr. high kids was quoted as saying that they ran 5 miles of sprints on the day in question. Apparently he is one of the most conditioned and fastest athletes in the world. Keep an eye on that stud in the years to come.

amehr36

5 miles of sprints...i think IF the kid really said that, hes exaggerating....

lakers

The whole thing is getting blown out of proportion. It will never be the same. If Steward steps down, who in their right mind would want to take the job. He seems to be a good person. Clayton, on the other hand, was probably not a good person. He was a great coach but the game, like so many others, have passed him by because of the way kids are raised these days. You can't run them anymore without fear of a lawsuit. It is sickening.

footballfan-tastic

It is difficult to coach these days because of the pampered status of kids, they are not used to the hard, physical demands of football.   Too much air-conditioning and momma and daddy doing things for them.

marchmadness

ok, I know the post was long, but all this really was an indirect result of the way the bad boy supt. was back then when Clayton finally resigned.  I think I said it, but to the  guy who is friends to Coach Steward, I think he is just getting alot of crap that Wilson carried over.  I don't think the new supt. (Holliway) is the type of person trying to ruin Steward's career.  My only concern, and this was told by some of his players.  He started off very meek and mildesh, and that probably was a result of him being from a Christian school, rather than a private.  Then, some stupid parents probably the same ones that were congratalating him when he moved here and "can I help you with any of your stuff, sort of stuff" were the first to turn on him.  It's at all schools, believe me!  Then it was reported at first that they ran 8 miles, while yesterday's paper said it was 5 miles.  I think that every athetic program would be in better shape, less problems and gossip, if the parents were working the concession stands and kept busy or stayed home with they couldn't support their team fully!  I do agree that Clayton was very, very stuff and disciplined, like the old days, but unless you are badmouthing his use of cuss words, which I don't know if he did or not, I just know you don't have much to stand on if you attack his winning ways.  Kids 20 years ago worked harder than Clayton worked his group, just ask Gasaway, and there had never been any deaths during football at Carlisle during these 20-30 years.  So, if they were that bad, but winning, but also demanding too much from the kids, then one, they would have all quit, then the program would have lost some lives due to the training, and then their would be no dynasty ever started at CHS.  Good luck to the coaches... hate to see this go into a criminal matter.

marchmadness

Correct that, Holliway would NOT want to ruin Steward's career.  Sorry!

XFalkonz

I am bad mouthing Clayton for being what I know that he was to people. He was a jerk and a self centered human being. He was to his kids, the parents, and to other coaches. That is fact and if that is bad mouthing Clayton , well then I guess I am doing it. Yeah he won alot of game but coaching isnt always about winning. If a coach is ONLY in it to win then they are not successful no matter what the record is for them. His players didnt respect Clayton they feared him and they feared their community that would judge them if they didnt play football.

amehr36

Id rather play for a donkey who knew how to win than a stallion who was mediocre.

footballfan-tastic

Man, there are some very different opinions of what is or isn't a good coach.  When yo get right down to it, winners will always be accepted as a "good" coach.  One you cannot argue with "how" he got it down.  A coach with a losing record will always be a sorry coach who doesn't know what he is doing, regardless of the talent he had to work with or the support he did or didn't get.  I know not everyone judges coaches this way but most will over the long term.   People who judge them usually don't know them professionally or personally, but the still judge them.   

ArrowsATC

Thought I might add, if the school had employed a certified athletic trainer this problem never would have occured. The coaches would not be in hot water and the kids would be better off.  Also a not from an earlier post....When you stop sweating your body has lost it's ability to cool itself and I would consider this heat stroke, the only other major sign that may not be present at that exact moment is a core temp over 105. Either way either of those eigns during exercise = life threatening situation.

XFalkonz

If the state of Arkansas does not start requiring certified athletic trainers at ever school they are going to be in for a disaster. NLR used to have one and had a set of classes in which a student could get a head start on their athletic training career. It was wonderful and the kids really enjoyed it but as with everything that makes sense, it was too expensive and was taking away from other areas of learning.

A good coach is defined in today's society as someone that wins and wins regularly. There are alot of coaches in the state that are losing games and they are great coaches. Sometimes they don't have the talent, sometimes they dont have the facilities, and sometimes they dont have the support. They are those guys that are tought and strict and teach things past winning or losing but are not considered great coaches because of numbers. It is sad that this occurs but it does and that is just part of the coaching business.

mudturtle

Quote from: amehr36 on May 12, 2006, 09:21:50 am
Id rather play for a donkey who knew how to win than a stallion who was mediocre.

Depends on what you want to be when you grow up.

amehr36

DNH36

You don't have to be a jerk to win games.  You do however have to earn the respect of the kids.  Coaches go about this in different ways.  Some kids need a good butt chewing, some can't handle it.  A good coach finds out how to coach each kid.  No matter what,  at the end of the day those kids need to know the coach loves them.

amehr36

Quote from: mudturtle on May 12, 2006, 03:13:48 pm
Quote from: amehr36 on May 12, 2006, 09:21:50 am

Depends on what you want to be when you grow up.

Well as far as High School football goes, all i ever wanted was to win state.  My team accomplished this because of great coaching and great talent.  I think one of the things that really makes a team more than anything else is team unity.  Our team basically hung out everywhere.  Our coaches werent mean at all, but there were times when they knew what to say and how to say it to get us to perform.  I remember a certain practice where our D-line coach took me and 3 other D-lineman to the side and wore our butts out because we didnt perform well the game before.  I hated him during the drill, but as soon as it was over i realized he had pulled something out of me.

XFalkonz

There is a difference between chewing some butt and continually blasting kids to get them to do what you want them to do. Just being a sir because you can and daring anyone to challenge you is not productive. Hold kids hands 24/7 isnt the way to do it. Being able to tell a kid the right thing to do in the right way when it is necessary is the important thing. I have chewed many a kid out for not doing the right thing but at the same time I have patted a kid on the back when he wasnt doing the right thing to motivate them to be better. Sometimes tough love is necessary but sometimes patience is needed as well.

Prince Caspian

I heard at the end of last week that 3 coaches, including Steward, are going to be removed.  Anyone know anything about that?

lakers

the baseball coach is back at school. no word on the others...yet.

footballfan-tastic

Does anyone know what exactly happened and who was responsible?

mudturtle

If I needed a coach, I'd interview Steward.  (Would probably ask him his side of the story)  He is a good guy and someone should snap him up.

marchmadness

yea, Exorcist, just found out today from reliable sources in Carlisle that 2 of the 3 coaches involved were given their walking papers last Friday.  Those two were supposed to be the AD/Head Coach which I believe is Steward and Jones, the long time asst. there when Clayton was there.  The other young first year coach, I believe is named Poe did not get released b/c he supposedly did try to get some water for some kids after they started getting symptoms of heat exhaustion.  Steward told a close friend of mine that he was "laying low" didn't have any plans at the time on what his next recourse would be, but the D.A. in Lonoke County is still deciding about possible criminal charges.  I also spoke with some parents that went to the hospital to check on 4 kids that were taken there by ambulance and one by private vehicle, and they said the kids were very sick, didn't and couldn't believe that a "Christian" coach that was supposed to be so knowledgable, teaching Biology/Chemistry would not know better.  Which goes back to a point many people have questioned about a trainer being available.  I am familiar with many schools/ coaches of all sizes, and most do have a trainer on hand during beginning fall practices, which is more like first week of August.  Many are on volunteer status, such as AR Sports Medicine or Bowen, Hefley, (whatever the others names are with that group) to not only help make practices more safe, but to build business by getting the injured players to their respective clinics.  However, almost all the coaches I know, are required by their schools and I think even AAA has stepped into this, and is requiring in service hours related to different safety aspects of all sports, not just football.  AAA just added a rule starting next fall, that cheerleaders cannot do certain kind of pyramids, b/c of the large number of injuries occurring, mostly to the smaller schools whose kids do not have easy access to gymnastics or special training to help learn the stunts safely, so coaches are being taught frequently about safety.  Those who aren't required to, usually take it upon themselves to learn more just to prevent a lawsuit from a true, sad, "accident".  This situation in Carlisle was not an innocent accident.  It was done deliberately, a very stupid decision by one very experienced asst. coach that does collegiate refereeing, and a young, intelligent science teacher/head coach/ AD.  The 3rd one was a pup out of college, playing follow the leader, instead of stepping up and maybe posing the safety issue to the AD/head coach in the form of a question, instead of being scared of insubordination.  Steward can stay on and teach, which ironically he was named "Teacher of the Year" by the students and/or faculty!  I usually never blame coaches b/c many get a bad rap for things they didn't do (plus being in a career where you can NEVER please 100% of the loyal fans), ect, as in it's usually a case of a pampered child having a parent running to the school all the time b/c little Johnny didn't get to do this, or little Johnny was worked too hard.  But, as more facts are coming out and speaking to some parents who haven't gotten the syndrome where they believe their child can do no wrong, ect... I think these coaches, I know for sure the AD/Head Coach, should be given the ax, and made to take mandatory safety/first aide college classes and do hours as a volunteer at AC Hospital.  If that day had not been 69 degrees, he could have lost at least one to death.  I know the people in Carlisle didn't all think Clayton was the greatest thing, and didn't care about his winning, there are many now who are calling and requesting that he comes back.  Some posters have said how mean he was, ect.. he did do alot of things that most good, moral coaches wouldn't, but it would have never gotten to this point if he had been there.  Sure, winning isn't everything, but I had a relative play for him, and he learned alot of lessons about life, just enduring the coaching under Clayton.  He simply demanded respect, and treated the first couple of years kid's that had been couch potatoes, that football required team work, hard work.  He made my relative grow up into a nice young man that could have taken a different path in life, but like some others have said, (which I do agree with) times are different now, and most coaches like him are not welcomed by parents that seem to be in a huge state of denial about their children and want to blame the coaches and teachers for everything that goes wrong with their day at school.  I wish the new coaches at Carlisle good luck, and hopefully, this Steward guy will leave town, which would be in his best interest too, and let the new ones start over with a clean slate.  Alot of lessons have been learned on both sides of the fence with this unfortunate situation.

infinity41

So, Marchmadness, is it official that Steward is gone or is that in the works?  What new news is out about that?

footballfan-tastic

Sad set of circumstances.  How long did the players have to go without water, and how far did they actually have to run, (I understand it was consecutive wind sprints?)   Was this a case of poor judgement or a deliberate attempt to harm kids.  My guess is a case of poor judgement, trying to toughen the kids up and "make a point" about being tough and hard nosed.  Seems it got out of control.

Prince Caspian

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas