• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car and Truck Addicts

Started by AirWarren, November 24, 2016, 11:03:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Any of you posters have a serious problem with trucks/cars and modification? I have always had fun messing with the vehicle I drive. Feel free to share some pictures of your favorite types of rides.

AirWarren

My 1998 Tahoe was red. Fixed up similar to this. Not lowered though, it was 4x4. Still one of the best body style Chevrolet's,

AirWarren

My 2005 was fixed up like this. Except it was silver, smaller rims. These look to be 24 inch, mine were 22 inch.

AirWarren

November 24, 2016, 11:15:04 am #3 Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 11:16:56 am by AirWarren
I have a Silverado like this one now. Same color. Would love to fix it up like this...not enough money ha.

Mine basically.

AirWarren

This would be fun to have too....

AirWarren

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on November 24, 2016, 11:10:35 am
My 1998 Tahoe was red. Fixed up similar to this. Not lowered though, it was 4x4. Still one of the best body style Chevrolet's,

did it have the hydraulics?

AirWarren

No. My dad drew the line at suspension upgrades ha

Chief_Osceola™

I know with a lot of kids in Maumelle, it's all about lift kits, light bars, tire spacers, and brush guards on their trucks right now.

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 28, 2016, 11:33:20 am
I know with a lot of kids in Maumelle, it's all about lift kits, light bars, tire spacers, and brush guards on their trucks right now.

Yeah, that fad was just starting to hit around the time I had gotten out of it while in college. Lots of lifted trucks etc at a couple of truck shows I attended in Texas in the mid 2000s. The fad had not gotten here yet.

Now I see leveled out trucks and light bars everywhere.

Lions84

I had a 68 Chevy with a 455 Pontiac in it along with Lakeland Traction Bars.

AirWarren

Quote from: Lions84 on November 29, 2016, 01:15:30 pm
I had a 68 Chevy with a 455 Pontiac in it along with Lakeland Traction Bars.

Man I bet that was sweet. You got any pictures?

Lions84

Quote from: AirWarren on November 29, 2016, 01:52:10 pm
Man I bet that was sweet. You got any pictures?

Sorry we got the Truck from a Farm , went to Sonny's auto Salvage and grabbed the 455 and a 400 Turbo tranny for it , We but it together over a month working on the weekends. The truck had been sitting up less than a year so it was easy to get it going. But back in 1984 we didn't take any pictures.  We ran it for about 90 days and had a guy offer us #3 grand for it so we sold it.   We had less than 1,200 bucks in it at the time.

AirWarren

Quote from: Lions84 on November 30, 2016, 01:43:28 pm
Sorry we got the Truck from a Farm , went to Sonny's auto Salvage and grabbed the 455 and a 400 Turbo tranny for it , We but it together over a month working on the weekends. The truck had been sitting up less than a year so it was easy to get it going. But back in 1984 we didn't take any pictures.  We ran it for about 90 days and had a guy offer us #3 grand for it so we sold it.   We had less than 1,200 bucks in it at the time.

I would love to drop a new engine and transmission in my old Tahoe. Body work. And fix it up.

Lions84

Quote from: AirWarren on December 19, 2016, 04:48:42 pm
I would love to drop a new engine and transmission in my old Tahoe. Body work. And fix it up.

I would too but a sick wife and a kid in college keeps me broke.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Lions84 on January 10, 2018, 02:38:47 pm
I would too but a sick wife and a kid in college keeps me broke.
I've got a 78 ford ordered it special in 78 it took about 4 months for it to finally get here it was a pretty fast truck at one time.It's out run a few blue lights in it's time, but it's parked now hoping to one day get it back in prime condition.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas