• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 Seed and Home Field Advantage

Started by RedZone1218, October 28, 2016, 02:17:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedZone1218

I have a quick question and I apologize if this has been asked before and I did not see it, but I am curious about #1 seeding and home field advantage. Can someone explain to me how this works? Does #1 seeding not guarantee home field throughout playoffs?
The reason why I ask this is for example, Pine Bluff going undefeated but then traveling to Jonesboro in the playoffs in recent years. Let's say if Jonesboro, West Memphis or Pine Bluff become the #1 seed this season, will that not guarantee home field throughout?

ricepig

Quote from: RedZone1218 on October 28, 2016, 02:17:50 pm
I have a quick question and I apologize if this has been asked before and I did not see it, but I am curious about #1 seeding and home field advantage. Can someone explain to me how this works? Does #1 seeding not guarantee home field throughout playoffs?
The reason why I ask this is for example, Pine Bluff going undefeated but then traveling to Jonesboro in the playoffs in recent years. Let's say if Jonesboro, West Memphis or Pine Bluff become the #1 seed this season, will that not guarantee home field throughout?

In the previous cycle(AAA) there were three conferences, South, East, and Central, with the the South and Central being split 7A/6A conferences. So, you can't have 3 #1 seeds and have everyone have the home field advantage. The brackets were predetermined so, it came to bad luck for the South #1 to have to go on the road that year.

This year, we are back to two full 8 team conferences, and the #1 will have home field should they continue to win.

RedZone1218

Quote from: ricepig on October 28, 2016, 03:03:50 pm
In the previous cycle(AAA) there were three conferences, South, East, and Central, with the the South and Central being split 7A/6A conferences. So, you can't have 3 #1 seeds and have everyone have the home field advantage. The brackets were predetermined so, it came to bad luck for the South #1 to have to go on the road that year.

This year, we are back to two full 8 team conferences, and the #1 will have home field should they continue to win.

Thank you for clearing that up! Appreciate it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas