• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 6A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Benton vs Pine Bluff (VOTE)

Started by Brian G, November 29, 2014, 09:04:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Benton
41 (61.2%)
Pine Bluff
26 (38.8%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: December 06, 2014, 10:38:24 am

zebrafan

December 02, 2014, 10:49:05 pm #50 Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:50:47 pm by zebrafan
Quote from: Zebrafan4life on December 02, 2014, 10:44:47 pm
For everybody that has a probl with the Z Pound and where we sit can go to ( well you know where you can go). Those sorry Benton fans just like all the other teams fans(even that Zebra fan so call) like to run their trap but when you get with them they want to run to the police. Torii Hunter Field is the home of the Zebras and we sit where we want to sit. If you got a problem with it then my partner have the game live via the internet. Chech it out there.
LOL, dumb. You do indeed give the PB fans a horrible rep.

uknowhy

Quote from: Zebrafan4life on December 02, 2014, 10:44:47 pm
For everybody that has a probl with the Z Pound and where we sit can go to ( well you know where you can go). Those sorry Benton fans just like all the other teams fans(even that Zebra fan so call) like to run their trap but when you get with them they want to run to the police. Torii Hunter Field is the home of the Zebras and we sit where we want to sit. If you got a problem with it then my partner have the game live via the internet. Chech it out there.

Tell me what you look like and I'll come sit right beside you......poser

Zebrafan4life

Just look for the Z Pound sign. Better yet y'all like to talk noise until we get to talking back then want to get the police involved. So just stay over there with the rest of the crybabies. Every time you come to Jefferson County expect to see the Z Pound. Y'all was winning(until now) and still crying. Where they do that at.

uknowhy

Quote from: Zebrafan4life on December 02, 2014, 11:10:27 pm
Just look for the Z Pound sign. Better yet y'all like to talk noise until we get to talking back then want to get the police involved. So just stay over there with the rest of the crybabies. Every time you come to Jefferson County expect to see the Z Pound. Y'all was winning(until now) and still crying. Where they do that at.

Sorry, can't really understand your broken English, or whatever you want to call that language.  Are you going to be on the PB side?  Should I look for the sign there or are you going to come to the Benton side?  Trust me, nobody from Benton needs to call the police to deal with wannabees and posers and losers.

urban legend2

Things were cool until the "typical of a town like PB" comment. What exactly does that mean and what is being implied? PB football is significant on not only a state level but also a national level. Check those record books for all-time wins, All-Americans, etc. And the Z's haven't closed the deal the last three years but you don't get to that final game if you're not significant. Trash talk is cool, even comical in most people eyes on here. And we all understand the excitement Benton football has provided the town. But it's comments like the "typical" one that can and will lump you in the class of posters/posers that no one cares about or even takes seriously. Like ZD said, the act like you've here before should be applicable, but it can't be for Benton and that's cool. But the unnecessary statements about an entire city, then act like the rest of the state is in agreement...as if Benton is on some pedestal...it ain't called for. Trust me bro, you don't want to go there. Been a proud supporter of PB athletics for years but I live in Saline County. So I know the deal. If you're gone be a fan, be a fan. Just don't be an ignorant one.

gatecrasher

Boy, the rookies sure are making a name for themselves.
That alone makes me hope Pine Bluff hangs their foot in Benton's rear.

As fierce as our rivalry with PB is, we have a lot of respect for their program. And we don't talk down to each other's towns regardless of what's going on in either.

The Zebra Successor

December 03, 2014, 09:14:31 am #56 Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:22:28 am by The Zebra Successor
Quote from: urban legend2 on December 03, 2014, 12:22:17 am
Things were cool until the "typical of a town like PB" comment. What exactly does that mean and what is being implied? PB football is significant on not only a state level but also a national level. Check those record books for all-time wins, All-Americans, etc. And the Z's haven't closed the deal the last three years but you don't get to that final game if you're not significant. Trash talk is cool, even comical in most people eyes on here. And we all understand the excitement Benton football has provided the town. But it's comments like the "typical" one that can and will lump you in the class of posters/posers that no one cares about or even takes seriously. Like ZD said, the act like you've here before should be applicable, but it can't be for Benton and that's cool. But the unnecessary statements about an entire city, then act like the rest of the state is in agreement...as if Benton is on some pedestal...it ain't called for. Trust me bro, you don't want to go there. Been a proud supporter of PB athletics for years but I live in Saline County. So I know the deal. If you're gone be a fan, be a fan. Just don't be an ignorant one.
⬆⬆⬆
A Saline County Zebra Fan
😢😢😢 Man I just want to say
😢😢😢 You're the real MVP

☺😊😊😊😀😁😂😂

The Zebra Successor

Urbanlegend jk man.. couldn't help myself.. I agree with you though. .

urban legend2

All good Successor ;D. Job relocated me to NW Ark for 5 years and then to Saline County. Took a brotha a little while to adjust. Some good people in the area though.

itsslim

Preciate it, u can tell the ones who have been to the mountain top before. No need to talk down on a city because of a high school sport. Hopefully PBHS can bring this championship back to jefferson county.

Brian G

zebrafan

Oldbadger

Sorry, I thought this was a forum for adults to discuss football!  Guess not!  I'll see if I can find that one!  You kids go ahead on with your bickering and namecalling!

FeartheZebra

December 04, 2014, 03:32:33 am #63 Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:59:41 am by FeartheZebra
Some of these comments from both sides are completly asinine! Considering Benton fans are used to having losing seasons every year, I understand the excitement. However, the bickering and name calling is not only immature, it's uncalled for. I would also like to point out that not everyone from PB is ignorant as shown in a couple of earlier posts.
As far as the game is concerned, I think this is the year PB pulls it off, and I will be driving 13 hours to witness it! Good luck to both teams, and GO Z's!

Majique™

December 05, 2014, 08:04:51 am #64 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:32:24 am by Majique™
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 01, 2014, 10:42:41 am
Quote from: uknowhy on December 01, 2014, 08:16:40 am
As Reed from Eldorado stated, Benton has continued to improve, even through the playoffs.  The score of the Debra...sorry, Zebra game was closer than the actual game play.  And it was on PB's home field.  Benton will win this by at least 2 tds.  Bolding knows that Benton is a better team. Why else would he be cyber-stalking 17 year olds' twitter accounts and retweeting any mention of the game by Benton players?  Trying to fire up his team by using twitter is pathetic.  If PB needs to be motivated to play in the state championship game, then Benton will mercy rule them just like the other two playoff games.

How was the game not that close when both teams had nearly identical total yard? The good news all of this will get answered Friday. So no matter how much whinning about what's on twitter can change that. I think PB knows how to get motivated for a state championship game does Benton?
Skewed reasoning on your part.  Yards do not show up in any W/L column, only thing that matters is the score.  And at one point Benton had a 3 TD lead.  Until that IPDF penalty nullified that TD.  So yes, it wasn't as close as the score.  PB battled back, gotta give 'em that. As for motivation...here's a psychological premise pulled from a sports psychologist review journal.  All things being equal, teams with the more recent playoff experience are 89% more likely to be less motivated than those teams who have not been to the playoffs as recently; and that includes final (championship) games.  The way I understand this is, iIf you've been to the candy store once this week, you enjoy going back - you're just not as anxious as the kid who's going for the first time in over a month. Do I buy into that?  Hmm, dunno.  But I do know Benton is more than motivated if that's even possible.  Listening to the players last night...they're focused, determined, humbled, and oh so hungry.  Better start stretching your facial muscles PB or you're gonna be sore from your mouth gaping in shock. 

Majique™

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 01, 2014, 02:55:38 pm
How do
Quote from: uknowhy on December 01, 2014, 12:33:48 pm
Tradition, playoff experience, hard to beat the same team twice....these are all worn out clichés.  As far as I can tell, Benton is the only team to have played the same teams twice (LR Parkview and ED).  Each of those games were won by mercy rule the second time after the first games were competitive.  PB does have playoff experience...their experience is losing in the championship game.

Eldorado talked smack all last week about the same worn out clichés....didn't help them much.  PB is a good team and I expect that it will be a good game.  But Benton is going for history (never been an undefeated state champion before for Benton) and no amount of rhetoric will distract them from their goal.

The Benton offense will score at least 35.  Will PB be able to keep pace?  The last game, it was only poor secondary play that even allowed PB to be close.  I certainly expect that to be corrected this game.  Stone Paul (44) is two picks away from the school record...Tim Desort (35) has a chance to be the record holder for tackles in a season....and Garrett Taylor (49) is 2 sacks away from the State record for sacks in a single season.  Every player on that defense wants these records.  Motivation will not be a problem for any of them.

So far no one in 6A has been able to hold us under 30 points. I think PB not facing any good passing teams hurt us so I expect a better performance by our secondary. For Benton how much can you correct in your secondary you don't match up well with our WR's. Remember that was our SECOND string QB that led us to the comeback. #15 that really gave y'all fits....he's not our best WR heck this is his first year playing high school football if I am not mistaken! I simply do not see you shutting down all our WR's just too many playmakers. I also would not count on our starting QB to have as bad a game as he had again. He hadn't played like that since the Northside game missed a lot throws and a lot opportunities to run!

Experience losing championship games vs Experience losing...   
And why do you think he had such a horrible game....hmmm, surely it had nothing to do with covered receivers or defensive line pressure. 

Majique™

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2014, 01:24:18 pm
Quote from: riccoar on December 02, 2014, 11:47:09 am
Don't forget Benton at one point would have been up by 20 if not for a silly meaningless penalty call on a TD.  Neutral field and no home cooking.  Benton has the best defense in 6A.  PB has the tradition of being in THE GAME.  Who studied the film, made the adjustments, and then most importantly executed them.
I mean you can't give up over 500 yards of offense and 36 points and claim to be a tough defense.
You most certainly can!!!  There you go with the yardage crap again....geez, it's about points and name one school in the 6A that gave up fewer conference points than Benton? You can't!  Do you do ANY homework before you shoot off...?  In the 7A/6A classification only Bentonville (7A) had fewer overall points scored against them and NO ONE in the 6A had fewer points scored against them in or out of conference.  That my friend, IS the signature of a tough defense.  SMDH.  A wall, it's like talking to a wall sometimes.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Majique™ on December 05, 2014, 08:04:51 am
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 01, 2014, 10:42:41 am
Quote from: uknowhy on December 01, 2014, 08:16:40 am
As Reed from Eldorado stated, Benton has continued to improve, even through the playoffs.  The score of the Debra...sorry, Zebra game was closer than the actual game play.  And it was on PB's home field.  Benton will win this by at least 2 tds.  Bolding knows that Benton is a better team. Why else would he be cyber-stalking 17 year olds' twitter accounts and retweeting any mention of the game by Benton players?  Trying to fire up his team by using twitter is pathetic.  If PB needs to be motivated to play in the state championship game, then Benton will mercy rule them just like the other two playoff games.

How was the game not that close when both teams had nearly identical total yard? The good news all of this will get answered Friday. So no matter how much whinning about what's on twitter can change that. I think PB knows how to get motivated for a state championship game does Benton?
Skewed reasoning on your part.  Yards do not show up in any W/L column, only thing that matters is the score.  And at one point Benton had a 3 TD lead.  Until that phantom penalty nullified that TD.  So yes, it wasn't as close as the score.  PB battled back, gotta give 'em that. As for motivation...here's a psychological fact pulled from a sport psychologist review journal.  All things being equal, teams with the more recent playoff experience are 89% more likely to be less motivated than those teams who have not been to the playoffs as recently; and that includes final (championship) games.  If you've been to the candy store once this week, you enjoy going back - you're just not as anxious as the kid who's going for the first time in over a month. Benton is more than motivated if that's even possible.  Listening to the players last night...they're focused, determined, humbled, and oh so hungry.  Better start stretching your facial muscles PB or you're gonna be sore from your mouth gaping in shock. 

Talk about skewed ??? I don't think I have ever heard anyone make an argument that a game wasn't close when they won on a last second field goal! There was no phantom call the flag was thrown while the ball was still in the air  you had an illegal man down field trying to block a LB who was not blitzing. But you never mention the two pass interference calls on us that set Benton up for two of its score. BOTH very questionable.

I am not sure what part some psychological statistics will play in the game. Benton doesn't want to win this game anymore than PB and vice versa. IF Benton wins it will because the out executed PB "wanting it more" will not a being factor.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Majique™ on December 05, 2014, 08:09:10 am
How do
Tradition, playoff experience, hard to beat the same team twice....these are all worn out clichés.  As far as I can tell, Benton is the only team to have played the same teams twice (LR Parkview and ED).  Each of those games were won by mercy rule the second time after the first games were competitive.  PB does have playoff experience...their experience is losing in the championship game.

Eldorado talked smack all last week about the same worn out clichés....didn't help them much.  PB is a good team and I expect that it will be a good game.  But Benton is going for history (never been an undefeated state champion before for Benton) and no amount of rhetoric will distract them from their goal.

The Benton offense will score at least 35.  Will PB be able to keep pace?  The last game, it was only poor secondary play that even allowed PB to be close.  I certainly expect that to be corrected this game.  Stone Paul (44) is two picks away from the school record...Tim Desort (35) has a chance to be the record holder for tackles in a season....and Garrett Taylor (49) is 2 sacks away from the State record for sacks in a single season.  Every player on that defense wants these records.  Motivation will not be a problem for any of them.

So far no one in 6A has been able to hold us under 30 points. I think PB not facing any good passing teams hurt us so I expect a better performance by our secondary. For Benton how much can you correct in your secondary you don't match up well with our WR's. Remember that was our SECOND string QB that led us to the comeback. #15 that really gave y'all fits....he's not our best WR heck this is his first year playing high school football if I am not mistaken! I simply do not see you shutting down all our WR's just too many playmakers. I also would not count on our starting QB to have as bad a game as he had again. He hadn't played like that since the Northside game missed a lot throws and a lot opportunities to run!

And why do you think he had such a horrible game....hmmm, surely it had nothing to do with covered receivers or defensive line pressure. 

No he's faced better defenses.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Majique™ on December 05, 2014, 08:20:07 am
Don't forget Benton at one point would have been up by 20 if not for a silly meaningless penalty call on a TD.  Neutral field and no home cooking.  Benton has the best defense in 6A.  PB has the tradition of being in THE GAME.  Who studied the film, made the adjustments, and then most importantly executed them.
I mean you can't give up over 500 yards of offense and 36 points and claim to be a tough defense.
You most certainly can!!!  There you go with the yardage crap again....geez, it's about points and name one school in the 6A that gave up fewer conference points than Benton? You can't!  Do you do ANY homework before you shoot off...?  In the 7A/6A classification only Bentonville (7A) had fewer overall points scored against them and NO ONE in the 6A had fewer points scored against them in or out of conference.  That my friend, IS the signature of a tough defense.  SMDH.  A wall, it's like talking to a wall sometimes.

The thing is it doesn't matter what Benton did against it's other opponents against PB your defense was not as tough as your statistics say! If so we never would have came back and tied the game. Nor would we scored 36 points or put up 500 yards of offense! I love stats myself but the game is played on the field not with calculators. On the field your defense was good at times but far from the Steel Curtain you're making you're making out the statistics show.

Majique™

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2014, 08:23:40 am
Quote from: Majique™ on December 05, 2014, 08:09:10 am
How do

No he's faced better defenses.
He played against Bentonville?

Majique™

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2014, 08:30:59 am
Quote from: Majique™ on December 05, 2014, 08:20:07 am

The thing is it doesn't matter what Benton did against it's other opponents against PB your defense was not as tough as your statistics say! If so we never would have came back and tied the game. Nor would we scored 36 points or put up 500 yards of offense! I love stats myself but the game is played on the field not with calculators. On the field your defense was good at times but far from the Steel Curtain you're making you're making out the statistics show.
Didn't say it was a steel curtain.  Just stating what the statistics show.  Period.

Majique™

Weather will be a deciding factor in tonight's matchup.

Majique™

Pine Bluff has represented the state sooooo very well in the past with it's sports accomplishments and their fans have a lot for which to be proud. Congrats on those past football championships and good health in your contest tonight. (That's the real me, btw).

OK, now back to the smalk-talk....

Y'all ain't %$@*    ;D

Majique™

Pine Bluff (AR)       previews home

GENERAL
Nickname: Zebras
Colors: Red/White
Coach: Bobby Bolding
League: 6A South (moving from 7A/6A South)
Playoff Division: 6A
Playoff Division Rank: #2

RETURNERS
Returning Offensive Starters: 9
Returning Defensive Starters: 6
2013 JV Record: 6-2
Starting Quarterback Returning: yes
Top Running Back Returning: yes
Top Receiver Returning: yes
Top OL Returning: no
Top Defender Returning: no

TOP PLAYERS
Will Gragg 6'5" 250 Senior TE
John Tate 6'4" 250 Junior DE
David Beasley 6'3" 190 Junior S/WR

D1 PLAYER LOST TO GRADUATION
Austin McGehee Senior K 5.30 [Purdue]

STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES
Team Strengths: Speed At Skill Positions, Depth, Experience
Team Weaknesses: Inexperience On Defensive Front

RATINGS
2013 Final Power Rating: 31
2013 National Rank: #1671
2013 State Rank: #21
General Personnel (Back/Lost) Rating Adjustment: +5.5
D1 Talent (Back/Lost) Rating Adjustment: -1.4
Non-Senior D1 Talent Rating Bonus: +1.5
Reg Season Schedule Strength Downward Rating Adjustment: -2
2014 Starting Power Rating: 34.6
2014 National Rank: #1059
2014 State Rank: #8
Dynasty Rating (Average 2003-2013 Rating): 25.6
Dynasty National Rank: #1339
2014 Rating vs. Dynasty Rating Comparison: better by 11
Dynasty Record: 77-53-2 (49-28 in league)

HISTORICAL
2013 Overall Record: 9-4-1
2013 League Record/Finish: 5-2 (tied for 2nd)
2013 Points For Average: 30.8
2013 Points Against Average: 19.5
2013 Differential: +11.3
2013 Wins: #604 Greenwood (37-34), #1494 Bryant (9-3), #3421 Benton (59-42), #3675 Watson Chapel (Pine Bluff) (24-15), #5235 Siloam Springs (35-7), #5452 Arkansas (Texarkana) (28-13), #8828 Sheridan (48-0), #9987 Hall (Little Rock) (48-0), #10339 Fair [J. A.] (Little Rock) (35-8)
2013 Losses: #352 North Little Rock (35-14), #1379 El Dorado (21-14), #1379 El Dorado (31-24), #2613 Lake Hamilton (Pearcy) (33-25)
2013 Ties: #3231 Northside (Fort Smith) (31-31)
2013 Opponents W-L: 79-82-2
Recent League Championships: 2012 (7A/6A South), 2008 (tied for 1st), 2003 (tied for 1st; AAAAA South)
Winning Streak Entering 2014 Season: none

SCHEDULE
2014 Schedule: 9/5 at Northside (Fort Smith), 9/12 Watson Chapel (Pine Bluff), 9/19 at North Little Rock, 9/26 Arkansas (Texarkana), 10/3 Parkview (Little Rock), 10/10 at Lake Hamilton (Pearcy), 10/17 at Hall (Little Rock), 10/24 El Dorado, 10/31 at Sheridan, 11/7 Benton
Highest-Rated 2014 Regular Season Opponents: North Little Rock (49.6), El Dorado (30.6), Northside (Fort Smith) (26.4)
Lowest-Rated 2014 Regular Season Opponents: Hall (Little Rock) (-8.9), Sheridan (-3.8), Parkview (Little Rock) (9.7)
2013 Regular Season Schedule Strength: 15.1 (19.5 overall)
2014 Regular Season Schedule Strength: 17.7
2014 vs. 2013 Schedule Strength Comparison: +2.6
2014 Regular Season Schedule Strength State Rank: #25
2014 Regular Season Schedule Strength National Rank: #2373
2014 Projected Regular Season Record: 8-2
2014 Projected League Finish: 1st
2014 Undefeated Regular Season Probability: 5%

Majique™

Benton (AR)   

GENERAL
Nickname: Panthers
Colors: Maroon/Gray
Coach: Scott Neathery
League: 6A South (moving from 7A/6A South)
Playoff Division: 6A
Playoff Division Rank: #7

RATINGS
2013 Final Power Rating: 19.9
2013 National Rank: #3421
2013 State Rank: #39
Reg Season Schedule Strength Downward Rating Adjustment: -1.3
2014 Starting Power Rating: 18.6
2014 National Rank: #3389
2014 State Rank: #39
Dynasty Rating (Average 2003-2013 Rating): 12.6
Dynasty National Rank: #4115
2014 Rating vs. Dynasty Rating Comparison: better by 7.3
Dynasty Record: 50-71-1 (35-42 in league)

HISTORICAL
2013 Overall Record: 6-6
2013 League Record/Finish: 3-4 (tied for 5th)
2013 Points For Average: 34.2
2013 Points Against Average: 35.3
2013 Differential: -1.1
2013 Wins: #3478 Russellville (36-35), #5452 Arkansas (Texarkana) (38-21), #5740 Jacksonville (31-21), #5941 Greenbrier (66-49), #8828 Sheridan (42-6), #10339 Fair [J. A.] (Little Rock) (51-14)
2013 Losses: #1379 El Dorado (51-34), #1379 El Dorado (35-0), #1494 Bryant (42-28), #1570 Arkadelphia (56-21), #1671 Pine Bluff (59-42), #2613 Lake Hamilton (Pearcy) (35-21)
2013 Opponents W-L: 74-67-1
Recent League Championships: 2005 (tied for 1st; AAAAA South), 2004 (AAAAA South), 2003 (tied for 1st; AAAAA South)
Winning Streak Entering 2014 Season: none

SCHEDULE
2014 Schedule: 9/5 at Bryant, 9/12 Jacksonville, 9/19 Greenbrier, 9/26 at Parkview (Little Rock), 10/3 Hall (Little Rock), 10/10 at Sheridan, 10/17 Arkansas (Texarkana), 10/24 at Lake Hamilton (Pearcy), 10/31 El Dorado, 11/7 at Pine Bluff
Highest-Rated 2014 Regular Season Opponents: Pine Bluff (36.6), Bryant (34.2), El Dorado (30.6)
Lowest-Rated 2014 Regular Season Opponents: Hall (Little Rock) (-8.9), Sheridan (-3.8), Jacksonville (-1.5)
2013 Regular Season Schedule Strength: 13 (19.7 overall)
2014 Regular Season Schedule Strength: 14.9
2014 vs. 2013 Schedule Strength Comparison: +1.9
2014 Regular Season Schedule Strength State Rank: #29
2014 Regular Season Schedule Strength National Rank: #3100
2014 Projected Regular Season Record: 6-4
2014 Projected League Finish: 4th
2014 Undefeated Regular Season Probability: less than 1%

zebradynasty

Quote from: Majique™ on December 05, 2014, 08:35:21 am

Yeah not sure who the poor weather favors traditionally we are a power running team but our OL isn't as powerful as it has been (still pretty good). With both teams able to run and pass....it might not give either an advantage.

itsslim

urban legend2

Was thinking about the weather earlier. Not sure it truly gives either an advantage. If anything it makes the two even more leveled off than they already were.

Majique™

December 05, 2014, 11:24:11 am #79 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:26:46 pm by Majique™
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 05, 2014, 09:20:33 am
Quote from: Majique™ on December 05, 2014, 08:35:21 am

Yeah not sure who the poor weather favors traditionally we are a power running team but our OL isn't as powerful as it has been (still pretty good). With both teams able to run and pass....it might not give either an advantage.
Tough to catch and/or hold on to a slippery ball.  Rain tends to hamper the fast and quick teams because it affects their footing.  Teams like Cabot thrive in the rain - minus 2013 at Bryant!

iliveformarch

Benton is overrated and gets exposed on defense this game.

Pr8hd

Good luck to both teams tonight in the championship game. Too bad the weather is not going to be a little nicer with no rain, enjoy the experience. It ought to be a great game.

Majique™

Quote from: iliveformarch on December 05, 2014, 01:31:41 pm
LOL, don't think I've ever heard Benton and overrated mentioned in the same sentence before...lol, thanks for the laugh.

urban legend2

Quote from: Majique™ on December 05, 2014, 02:27:28 pm
Quote from: iliveformarch on December 05, 2014, 01:31:41 pm
LOL, don't think I've ever heard Benton and overrated mentioned in the same sentence before...lol, thanks for the laugh.
Gotta agree with you. That is a first. ;D

Lions84

Majique™

Quote from: Lions84 on December 05, 2014, 03:06:50 pm
Zebras bring it home this year.
Bring what home? Another runner-up award?  ;)

In all seriousness...PB was expected to get here by many folks.   Benton, not so much. I think that in of itself has the excitement level up a notch.  Ironic, last night I watched a special about an extreme underdog team not expecting to have a good season, yet alone make the playoffs, and in no way win the championship. But they did....see '83 NCS Wolfpack Basketball team.  Like many of those players and their fans...I'm a believer.

FeartheZebra

Quote from: Majique™ on December 05, 2014, 03:45:38 pm

In all seriousness...PB was expected to get here by many folks.   Benton, not so much. I think that in of itself has the excitement level up a notch.  Ironic, last night I watched a special about an extreme underdog team not expecting to have a good season, yet alone make the playoffs, and in no way win the championship. But they did....see '83 NCS Wolfpack Basketball team.  Like many of those players and their fans...I'm a believer.

Would you not say PB is the underdog in this game??

zebradynasty

I get the runner-up knock, the Buffalo Bills jokes....but how can teams that never win anything in football look down on runner-up? I'll raise my hand up high agreeing that Bolding has gotten out-coached in the big games. But out-coached by who? If Scott Reed and Rick Jones aren't top 5 best in the state....So does Benton win because they have better players?  Better coaching? Because they want it more and they are more focused or just because they believe they can? If you honestly answer those questions, none of those sound reason enough to sound so invincible to me. :-\

Majique™

Quote from: FeartheZebra on December 05, 2014, 03:52:01 pm

Would you not say PB is the underdog in this game??
I'm referring to the season as a whole.  The numbers for this game, depending on where you look, have Benton favored from 3 to 13. So, PB would be the underdog for this game.  At the start of the season, (start Family Feud theme) 100 people surveyed and the top 5 answers are on the board.  Which teams have a legitimate shot at playing in the 6A Title game?  Greenwood 27, El Dorado 23, Pine Bluff 21, Jonesboro 12, Texarkana 7.   No Benton.... ;)

tennesseehogwild

I'll go ...........

Benton       34
Pine Bluff   28

Lionheart88

Why is Benton wearing white tops?  Please tell me they're changing before the game, or else this is going to be horribly confusing.

ricepig

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 05, 2014, 06:24:19 pm
Why is Benton wearing white tops?  Please tell me they're changing before the game, or else this is going to be horribly confusing.

Newbie??

Lionheart88

December 05, 2014, 06:45:35 pm #92 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 07:01:22 pm by Lionheart88
Both teams are in white tops.  Red helmets, white shirts and pants for PB.  Silver helmets, white shirts, maroon pants for Benton.

Edit: ok, now Benton's coming out in maroon tops as well for the coin toss.  Why warm up in different jerseys than you're going to play in?

ricepig

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 05, 2014, 06:45:35 pm
Both teams are in white tops.  Red helmets, white shirts and pants for PB.  Silver helmets, white shirts, maroon pants for Benton.

Benton is the home team as the higher seed, surely they will change when they go back in.

Lionheart88

Zebras strike first, fail the 2PT.  PB up 6-0, about 8 left in the first.

itsslim

centralarfan

gatecrasher

Pine Bluff dominating this game. 194 yds rushing for the Z's.
-3 yards rushing for Benton.

riccoar

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas