• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Benton Panthers

Started by Majique™, October 16, 2014, 01:04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Majique™

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 29, 2014, 12:57:34 pm
Ihe talent coming up is just sick.
Oh no, so sorry to hear that.  Prayers headed that way. What do they have?  Can it be cured before they start playing in the coming years?

gatecrasher

Your ridiculous attempts at sarcasm and smartarsery are duly noted, and failing miserably, by the way.

Also noted is the arrogance typical of fans of upstarts that are trying to move up in the pecking order.

If yall win, I'll be the first to say congrats.
But if we win, the crow you will have shoved down your proverbial throats will be epic.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

October 29, 2014, 09:15:35 pm #102 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:17:35 pm by 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT
Oh ease up on them a little Gate.  They can crow a little. I know if I was traditionally known as a cheerleader and soccer ; school, i would be pround of ANY success in big boy sports....  ;D

gatecrasher

Meh...
I was hoping this would be a quiet week. I was perfectly content with that.

But NOOOOOOO...the upstarts had to stir the ish up.

Majique, you should have to lick the spoon. ;D

Majique™

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 29, 2014, 08:51:27 pm
Your ridiculous attempts at sarcasm and smartarsery are duly noted, and failing miserably, by the way.
Sarcasm?  You mentioned they were sick, I sent my sincere get well wishes...what am I missing?

Majique™

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 29, 2014, 09:23:50 pm
Majique, you should have to lick the spoon. ;D
and you should have to ....

Majique™

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on October 29, 2014, 09:15:35 pm
Oh ease up on them a little Gate.  They can crow a little. I know if I was traditionally known as a cheerleader and soccer ; school, i would be pround of ANY success in big boy sports....  ;D
Again, no one is crowing about ANYTHING....just laying out stats and facts...not my problem if they aren't to your liking.

gatecrasher

Stats and facts on message boards don't win state titles lol.
You can post all you want.

Majique™

October 30, 2014, 07:34:09 am #108 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:00:47 pm by Majique™
Quote from: gatecrasher on October 30, 2014, 07:26:06 am
Stats and facts on message boards don't win state titles lol.
You can post all you want.
When did I say anything about my posts leading Benton to a state title?  You just make stuff up as you go?

gatecrasher

Oh I'm sorry. I just realized that you guys aren't used to that sort of dialogue. I guess it caught you completely off guard.

My deepest apologies. ;D

Oldbadger

Good luck tomorrow night, Gatecrasher.  Welcome to the Palace and safe travels.  Anxious to get this one in the books.

Majique™

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 30, 2014, 01:22:45 pm
Oh I'm sorry. I just realized that you guys aren't used to that sort of dialogue. I guess it caught you completely off guard.

You guys?  Benton or me personally?  Cause you'd be right about one but way wrong about the other.  Win double-digit state championships and you can "dialogue" with me.  Until then, pffft!

ricepig

Quote from: Majique™ on October 30, 2014, 01:51:31 pm

You guys?  Benton or me personally?  Cause you'd be right about one but way wrong about the other.  Win double-digit state championships and you can "dialogue" with me.  Until then, pffft!
Cheer coach?

Majique™

Quote from: ricepig on October 30, 2014, 01:52:47 pm

Cheer coach?
Invite?

Majique™

Cheer coach?
Troll much?  Yes, laughing directly AT you.

SantaHog

Quote from: Majique™ on October 28, 2014, 09:55:41 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on October 28, 2014, 07:42:29 pm
Here's how this is gonna turn out...If El Dorado stops shooting themselves in the foot, they're gonna win Friday night.

If not, Benton rolls.

It's gonna come down to turnovers and special teams, and those have killed us the last two weeks.

Folks seem to forget, El Dorado is still your defending state champs until someone knocks us out.

Tradition and arguably the best coach in the state is still on our side.
That is such BS to insinuate the only way Benton wins is if El Do lets them.  Typical back door escape...line up those excuses before the game  And just for the record...I fell over laughing at your your ridiculous claim that Reed is arguably the best coach in the state.  Not even close!!! I'm sure he'll laugh at that claim when I mention it to him tomorrow.   

So, what exactly did Coach Reed do when you mentioned that claim to him?  Did he laugh as you predicted? 

gatecrasher

I'm perfectly content with my four in five years.

There's more but I wasn't living in the late 50s.

gatecrasher

gatecrasher

Thanks Oldbadger. I'm only about 20 min from Benton...I live on US 70 about a mile past the Hot Springs city limits.
Where is the new stadium at though? Haven't been there before.

ricepig

Quote from: Majique™ on October 30, 2014, 01:59:46 pm

Cheer coach?

Maybe you can do a little cheer and YouTube it for us.

Majique™

Quote from: ricepig on October 30, 2014, 02:31:50 pm
Quote from: Majique™ on October 30, 2014, 01:59:46 pm

Cheer coach?

Maybe you can do a little cheer and YouTube it for us.
That cracks me up!  Your eyes couldn't take it!! ;D

Oldbadger

October 30, 2014, 03:26:15 pm #121 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:29:56 pm by Oldbadger
Hey, Gatecrasher, I'm not from Benton, but have family there.  I'm from Arkadelphia. The best way for you would be to take the first Benton exit (I think it is Sevier Street) and continue straight into downtown until you come to East Street? (Where the intersection is that has the Municipal building).  Turn right.  It is also Highway 35 South.  The highway will turn left at a 90 degree angle a little ways down. After about a mile you will go over a viaduct and arrive at a signal light.  Turn left over another viaduct and about a half mile you will see the stadium entrance to your left.  When you go under the sign the parking for visitors is right in front of you.  It is a great stadium and you will love the setup.  Good luck, but as you know, I am a Panther supporter so, Go Panthers!!!  See you there.

Majique™

October 30, 2014, 03:29:15 pm #122 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:38:13 pm by Majique™
Quote from: SantaHog on October 30, 2014, 02:14:52 pm
Quote from: Majique™ on October 28, 2014, 09:55:41 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on October 28, 2014, 07:42:29 pm
Here's how this is gonna turn out...If El Dorado stops shooting themselves in the foot, they're gonna win Friday night.

If not, Benton rolls.

It's gonna come down to turnovers and special teams, and those have killed us the last two weeks.

Folks seem to forget, El Dorado is still your defending state champs until someone knocks us out.

Tradition and arguably the best coach in the state is still on our side.
That is such BS to insinuate the only way Benton wins is if El Do lets them.  Typical back door escape...line up those excuses before the game  And just for the record...I fell over laughing at your your ridiculous claim that Reed is arguably the best coach in the state.  Not even close!!! I'm sure he'll laugh at that claim when I mention it to him tomorrow.   

So, what exactly did Coach Reed do when you mentioned that claim to him?  Did he laugh as you predicted?
Na, he blew right past it and stayed focused on the game.  Like I said, I like the guy. He reminds me a lot of Malham, guess that's to be expected considering their ties.  But Malham did laugh years ago when he was mentioned to be in those esteemed ranks.  He quipped he wasn't even as good as his dad!

Majique™

October 30, 2014, 03:31:56 pm #123 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:44:12 pm by Majique™
Quote from: gatecrasher on October 30, 2014, 02:20:02 pm
Thanks Oldbadger. I'm only about 20 min from Benton...I live on US 70 about a mile past the Hot Springs city limits.
Where is the new stadium at though? Haven't been there before.
Take exit 116 (W South st) and make a left onto the service road. At the wild and crazy intersection (you'll know it when you see it) keep right onto W South street.  Go through a couple lights and W South becomes E South st.  Shortly thereafter you'll see East st.  Take a right and it becomes Edison after a hard left turn and follow it to the stop light, turn left - go over the bridge, you'll see the stadium lights on your left.  Reserved parking is on the left as you enter the complex.  Plenty of free parking right behind the visitor stands and past the fieldhouse.

Majique™

October 30, 2014, 03:38:51 pm #124 Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:41:36 pm by Majique™
Quote from: Oldbadger on October 30, 2014, 03:26:15 pm
The best way for you would be to take the first Benton exit (I think it is Sevier Street) and continue straight into downtown until you come to East Street? (Where the intersection is that has the Municipal building).  Turn right.  It is also Highway 35 South.  The highway will turn left at a 90 degree angle a little ways down. After about a mile you will go over a viaduct and arrive at a signal light.  Turn left over another viaduct and about a half mile you will see the stadium entrance to your left. 
Yea, what OB said! ;)

riccoar

Plug this into Google maps for an aerial

34°33'44.6"N 92°34'02.9"W

gatecrasher

Thanks for the directions y'all.
Anyone want to meet and greet at the half? I'm down.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

So coming from Eldo, just stay straight at the light and go up Benton Pkwy and hang left?

Oldbadger

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on October 30, 2014, 10:33:08 pm
So coming from Eldo, just stay straight at the light and go up Benton Pkwy and hang left?
Yeah, I assume you come through Sheridan ?  If so, you are right.  Safe travels.

Majique™

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 30, 2014, 04:15:07 pm
Anyone want to meet and greet at the half? I'm down.
I can after the BHS band performs....I'm usually around the "band stand" after they leave the field.

gatecrasher

October 31, 2014, 12:44:49 pm #130 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:03:35 pm by gatecrasher
Bet.
I'll see you then. I'll probably be wearing shorts despite the cold temps. I'm usually easily identifiable lol.

Majique™

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 31, 2014, 12:44:49 pm
Bet.
I'll see you then. I'll probably be wearing shorts despite the cold temps. I'm usually easily identifiable lol.
Shorts???   You've lost your dang mind!!!

gatecrasher

gatecrasher

Meh....I'm not feeling well. Gonna 86 the shorts tonight in favor of more traditional cold weather clothing.

That wind is brisk. Could impact special teams if it comes down to a FG.

Flashmob

Also noted is the arrogance typical of fans of upstarts that are trying to move up in the pecking order.

But if we win, the crow you will have shoved down your proverbial throats will be epic.
LOLZ
Pecking order blah blah blah
Haven't played anyone blah blah blah

ricepig

Quote from: Flashmob on October 31, 2014, 10:17:28 pm

LOLZ

Well, LH lost to PV tonight, and EL Do, do they even have a winning record?

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Had to listen on the radio tonight, couldn't make it up to Saline County. Sounded like a typical 2014 El Dorado game. Offense turns it over 3 times in the redzone. Not an excuse though, all part of the game, win or lose. This set of Cats just don't know how to dig deep and win the close games as a team. Relying too much on Love.

Congrats Benton.  Good luck with PB next week. Is it in Saline or Jefferson county? Heck I may go watch you guys instead.  LOL.

Flashmob

Quote from: ricepig on October 31, 2014, 10:28:50 pm

LOLZ

Doesn't matter. Conference is conference. Can't help who's in conference. All that's left is PB. ITS REAL TO ME DANGIT! 

Majique™

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 31, 2014, 05:52:54 pm
Meh....I'm not feeling well. Gonna 86 the shorts tonight in favor of more traditional cold weather clothing.

That wind is brisk. Could impact special teams if it comes down to a FG.
Good to meet you tonight....  we saw one helluva ballgame.  Unbelievable that we were talking about how one play would likely determine the outcome. No one better take El Do for granted in the POs!

gatecrasher

Good to meet you too Majique.

Man. I thought for a minute we were gonna take the lead.
Love had no business throwing that ball in that situation (the 103 yd pick six that sealed it).
I loved the way we fought back but our team reminds me of the Hogs. Can't get out of our own dang way.
I may make the trip to PB and watch next week.

Majique™

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 31, 2014, 11:20:28 pm
I loved the way we fought back
Definitely no quit in those guys....definitely do not wanna face El Do in the POs!

LH_DAD

Quote from: ricepig on October 31, 2014, 10:28:50 pm

LOLZ

They are 5-4 with LR Hall remaining. It's been a tough year for them.

gatecrasher

November 01, 2014, 10:28:41 am #142 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:32:19 am by gatecrasher
Guess it's good for everyone involved that you kick us while we're down, so to speak.
Not taking anything away from Benton, as they do have an excellent team, but we just can't get it together, and with it being so late in the year, barring some kind of foot in the arse, it's not gonna happen this year.
Majique saw it, we can't get out of our own way and when that happens against good teams, you get beat. Plain and simple.

Only six seniors in the starting 22. We'll be back.

LH_DAD, we get Parkview next week. We have already beaten Hall.

Majique™

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 01, 2014, 10:28:41 am
Only six seniors in the starting 22. We'll be back.
That says a lot right there!

ricepig

Congrats to Benton on their South title, looks like y'all proved us doubters wrong. I was hoping to get to see y'all in the semi-finals, assuming both teams won, looks like it'll be PB if the seeds win out.

Majique™

Nice job Panthers!  Congrats!!!!!!!

urban legend2

Congrats are in order indeed. Most of us PB fans knew it'd be a tough one, which is why some of us wouldn't give a flat-out prediction. Benton made plays when it needed to. Good teams do that.

pantherblue

Great season so far Benton!  Congrats on conference championship!  Keep up the great play and win state!!

Majique™

Quote from: pantherblue on November 07, 2014, 03:32:05 pm
Great season so far Benton!  Congrats on conference championship!  Keep up the great play and win state!!
;) that's asking a lot!  The way I see it, there are five teams still alive that have a legitimate shot at the title and the other three can make it very interesting as well.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow night at The Palace.

pantherblue

Quote from: Majique™ on November 20, 2014, 04:19:40 pm
Quote from: pantherblue on November 07, 2014, 03:32:05 pm
;) that's asking a lot!  The way I see it, there are five teams still alive that have a legitimate shot at the title and the other three can make it very interesting as well.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow night at The Palace.

Hard to pull for you against my alma mater but I would love to see Benton win State and they have a good shot at it.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas