• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2nd Round Games

Started by ricepig, November 16, 2013, 11:11:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zebradynasty

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 19, 2013, 12:41:10 pm
Pine Bluff wouldn't push El Dorado around a 2nd time. Moved some kids around on defensive front 7. They've played much better football since.

Won't matter. Greenwood will take care of the Z's next week. They won't get the chance.

Gate my man....that doesn't make sense! You mean to tell me that Eldo had DL that would not have gotten pushed around but they didn't play them against PB ??? I watched the game closely on the lines and Eldo was moving and flip flopping the lineman like crazy...it didn't make a difference. PB moved the line wherever they wanted...including that All-American DT you got. If HE was pushed around what makes you think there were kids on the bench or that played that wouldn't? 

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 19, 2013, 01:54:33 pm
Pine Bluff wouldn't push El Dorado around a 2nd time. Moved some kids around on defensive front 7. They've played much better football since.

Won't matter. Greenwood will take care of the Z's next week. They won't get the chance.

Gate my man....that doesn't make sense! You mean to tell me that Eldo had DL that would not have gotten pushed around but they didn't play them against PB ??? I watched the game closely on the lines and Eldo was moving and flip flopping the lineman like crazy...it didn't make a difference. PB moved the line wherever they wanted...including that All-American DT you got. If HE was pushed around what makes you think there were kids on the bench or that played that wouldn't?
He was the one exception to me.  Well, once the play went toward him.  The plays away from him he seemed to "take off".  I did watch him burst a few times and catch PB's backs from behind.  The kid is a playmaker.  El Do looked REALLY good.  PB just looked better at almost every position. 

zebradynasty

Quote from: urban legend2 on November 19, 2013, 12:28:26 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on November 19, 2013, 11:16:12 am
Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 19, 2013, 11:04:24 am
I remember in 2011 my son and I stopping in PB(on the way back from Memphis) to see you guys fumble away a game to us.
Still, I would only throw the ball to that lineman you have playing wide out. He's the only one that could catch the ball.

Well for some reason we like to split Gragg out wide don't ask me why ??? He is a much better target in the slot or on the line. We have a couple of others to throw to and we have another TE that's even bigger than Gragg! I dunno about his hands other than he is an excellent basketball player he's our best DE only a soph. If he works hard...he could be the top DL in the state his senior year.

I think Tate will be the state's top DL by the time he's a senior and will be the best to come through PB since Demoine Adams back in '98.

I agree BB needs to get down here NOW! This kid is 16 years old and stands 6'4" or 6'5! His dad 6'6-6'7 his mother is 6'0-6'1 his sister is 6'0-6'1.... I am gonna go out on a limb and say he might grow another inch or two. He could easily be 6'6 260 lbs his senior year  :o

zebradynasty

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 19, 2013, 02:01:47 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on November 19, 2013, 01:54:33 pm

He was the one exception to me.  Well, once the play went toward him.  The plays away from him he seemed to "take off".  I did watch him burst a few times and catch PB's backs from behind.  The kid is a playmaker.  El Do looked REALLY good.  PB just looked better at almost every position. 

One play he did show a burst and ran down the line to the boundary and made a tackle but really...he was not a factor. I also noticed that he took plays off.

Baitshop

Greenwood by 3 or less over Parkview.....on a 23 yard field goal with less that :05 second to play...

CJ7

Quote from: Baitshop on November 19, 2013, 02:38:41 pm
Greenwood by 3 or less over Parkview.....on a 23 yard field goal with less that :05 second to play...
No way way Greenwoods FG kicker can make a clutch kick. Parkview by 1.

Jeep71

North wind blowing trash down south from Ft Smith again.

Pr8hd

November 19, 2013, 07:09:38 pm #57 Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:49:39 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: CJ7 on November 19, 2013, 04:20:18 pm

Heck, I doubt we can even drive it down the length of the field using the 2 minute drill offense to even get in position, let alone make a clutch kick. We are mediocre at best and just lucky to be on the same field. We suck at last second , rip your heart out type comebacks. Ask a few previous opponents about that, Wynne 2005, Pulaski Academy 2006 & 2007, Camden Fairview 2010 & 2011, Southside 2013, Conway 2013...may have left out many opponents we folded like cheap paper against). This GW team will simply just quit if gets to crunch time. Our coach has the time management skills of Les Miles and makes Houston Dale Nutt's play calling look liberal instead of ultra-conservative, always going for ties rather than wins. After all, who doesn't enjoy a good, old fashioned tie! Our boys are not conditioned to play in the 4th quarter as well, when things get tough, we squeal like a pig!

49-0 since September of 2010, how in the world did we ever win eight games is beyond me ! We lollygag on the field, lollygag to the lockerroom....you know what we are .....lollygaggers!

Hey this poor mouthing stuff is sorta fun! Thanks Bait for all the guidance over the years!  ;D

CJ7

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 19, 2013, 07:09:38 pm
Quote from: Baitshop link= 8)topic=132957.msg2890067#msg2890067 date=1384893521

Heck, I doubt we can even drive it down the length of the field using the 2 minute drill offense to even get in position, let alone make a clutch kick. We are mediocre at best and just lucky to be on the same field. We suck at last second , rip your heart out type comebacks. Ask a few previous opponents about that, Wynne 2005, Pulaski Academy 2006 & 2007, Camden Fairview 2010 & 2011, Southside 2013, Conway 2013...may have left out many opponents we folded like cheap paper against). This GW team will simply just quit if gets to crunch time. Our coach has the time management skills of Les Miles and makes Houston Dale Nutt's play calling look liberal instead of ultra-conservative, always going for ties rather than wins. After all, who doesn't enjoy a good, old fashioned tie! Our boys are not conditioned to play in the 4th quarter as well, when things get tough, we squeal like a pig!

49-0 since September of 2010, how in the world did we ever win eight games is beyond me ! We lollygag on the field, lollygag to the lockerroom....you know what we are .....lollygaggers!

Hey this poor mouthing stuff is sorta fun! Thanks Bait for all the guidance over the years!  ;D
Holy smokes. I'm a total greenwood homer, and I saw the sarcasim in Baits post(that's why I posted a sarcastic reply). Take a deep breath, it will be ok((Greenwood will beat Parkview), and the sun will rise in South Sebastian County on Saturday Morning.   8)

Baitshop

November 19, 2013, 08:28:57 pm #59 Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:30:44 pm by Baitshop

Your 49 game winning streak is seriously impeding your ability to sandbag effectively....add real "street cred" to your sandbagging by losing to the Rebels in Week 2 next year...

CJ7

Quote from: Baitshop on November 19, 2013, 08:28:57 pm

Your 49 game winning streak is seriously impeding you ability to sandbag effectively....add real street cred to your sandbagging by losing to the Rebels in Week 2 next year...
We "COULD" beat the Rebs by 21 points in week two of next season.....

Baitshop

I could fart $100 bills too....

CJ7

Quote from: Baitshop on November 19, 2013, 08:44:51 pm
I could fart $100 bills too....
Now Bait?!? I heard you fart rainbows!

TrueBlue

Last second goal against Southside and same deal with an injury at Conway. 'Nuff said. Greenwood by 3.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Baitshop on November 19, 2013, 08:28:57 pm

Your 49 game winning streak is seriously impeding your ability to sandbag effectively....add real "street cred" to your sandbagging by losing to the Rebels in Week 2 next year...

Yeah, I have watched too much Sweet Lou (Lou Holtz) and gone over the top. Hopefully, we will wait a bit on establishing more street cred.

Actually, worried about possible semi opponents after we squeak by Parkview. Coincidentally, if we faced Siloam, well that was the last team we lost to in 2010. However, if it was PB, well they have the revenge factor going on from last year's title game,  as well as championing their cause of their fellow city brethren from Pine Bluff Dollarway. Potentially, win # 51 would be on the line no matter who we play , as you know PB Dollarway holds that #2 spot in Arkansas at 51 in a row.  We win that one and we tie their mark and go for the outright second overall streak in Arkansas in the title game , if we can make it there. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas