• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2nd Round Games

Started by ricepig, November 16, 2013, 11:11:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

On paper it looks like the only real competitive game will be LH @ J'boro, I'm sure the 7A West boys will say Siloam will give PB all they want, but I figure Siloam Springs will see team speed that they aren't used to.

Razorback Red

I think PB will beat Siloam by about 10.  I am one of the 7A West guys that think this game will be closer than some think.  In the end, PB will just have more talent on the field.

To say that PB will have team speed that Siloam has not seen all year is comical to me.  I'm pretty sure Fville, HB and Bville all have plenty of speed and Siloam played them all tough for at least a half, and took HB to the wire.   

Comparing scores is worthless, I agree, but I am warning you this is a better Siloam team than they've had the past few years. 

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 16, 2013, 12:19:52 pm
I think PB will beat Siloam by about 10.  I am one of the 7A West guys that think this game will be closer than some think.  In the end, PB will just have more talent on the field.

To say that PB will have team speed that Siloam has not seen all year is comical to me.  I'm pretty sure Fville, HB and Bville all have plenty of speed and Siloam played them all tough for at least a half, and took HB to the wire.   

Comparing scores is worthless, I agree, but I am warning you this is a better Siloam team than they've had the past few years.

I said "team" speed, we'll see if they are much improved.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 16, 2013, 12:19:52 pm

Without comparing scores...Why do you think PB is just 10 points better? I don't think I have ever seen a 3 win team (NO WINS AGAINST A TEAM WITH A WINNING RECORD) gets this much respect.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2013, 11:11:40 am
I'm sure the 7A West boys will say Siloam will give PB all they want, but I figure Siloam Springs will see team speed that they aren't used to.

Lol. Why is all you guys out that way bring that into the conversation? It's the same argument the El Dorado folks used when they claimed supremacy over all things 7A, and we all know how that turned out.

Newsflash. There are some very quick players and teams up here too...

ricepig

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 16, 2013, 01:24:54 pm
I'm sure the 7A West boys will say Siloam will give PB all they want, but I figure Siloam Springs will see team speed that they aren't used to.

Lol. Why is all you guys out that way bring that into the conversation? It's the same argument the El Dorado folks used when they claimed supremacy over all things 7A, and we all know how that turned out.

I know we can't ever do it, but I'd bet 1-22, PB has more speed than Siloam has seen, I've never said that there weren't plenty of fast guys, or better football players in NWA, just that PB had more team speed.

zebradynasty

Well there is a misconception about the differences in speed. At the skill positions the west and the south speed wise are probably identical. Where I see the difference is along the lines but that is an area at the high school level where differences in speed is not necessarily a game changer.

gatecrasher

Greenwood vs El Dorado at WMS.

Write it down.

And win or lose up there, it will go down as the best coaching job of the Scott Reed era.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 16, 2013, 01:24:54 pm

Disclaimer:

Any statement from this poster about what fans from ED said or claimed should be not only taken with a grain of salt. It should be categorized as a bald faced lie.
When he is not able to back up his claim, he will hurl insults and ultimately lock the thread.

zebradynasty

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 16, 2013, 03:09:26 pm

Write it down.

And win or lose up there, it will go down as the best coaching job of the Scott Reed era.

Good coaching and luck of the bracket! ::)

xtremewildcat

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 16, 2013, 03:33:20 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on November 16, 2013, 03:09:26 pm

Write it down.

Good coaching and luck of the bracket! ::)

HaHaHa, I looked at the bracket and bust out laughing and pictured you in facepalm position!!! LOL!!!

greyski

November 17, 2013, 08:07:33 am #11 Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:21:46 am by greyski
"Where I see the difference is along the lines but that is an area at the high school level where differences in speed is not necessarily a game changer".

I'm hoping the game does not come down to a foot race by the Center's, Siloam lost their center for the rest of the year with a broken foot during the VB game.  He might not be up for the 40 right now with his walking boot.

The Siloam boys are excited for the challenge to play PB. 

gatecrasher

"Luck of the bracket."

As a direct result of not taking care of business on the field. Just the way it is.

HBCAT12

I don't think siloam will see anything much different as far as speed of the game. Quick players are everywhere. North, south, east, & west. Traveling that many miles in 2 weeks might be the biggest factor. PB has had a lot of confidence, and siloam is just now getting theirs. Should be a good game.

zebradynasty

Quote from: HBCAT12 on November 17, 2013, 11:10:55 am
I don't think siloam will see anything much different as far as speed of the game. Quick players are everywhere. North, south, east, & west. Traveling that many miles in 2 weeks might be the biggest factor. PB has had a lot of confidence, and siloam is just now getting theirs. Should be a good game.

There is rain in the forecast not sure if that will hinder or help either team. It might make it difficult for a team to come back if they fall behind too far.

urban legend2

I just saw where rain is in the works. I think that probably plays more into PB's hand than it does Siloam's. Still think PB wins by 3 TDs.

xtremewildcat

Does SS match up with PB's size. PB was bigger than any team we played this year. That's including all the 7A teams.
Forget about their speed. They have a QB and receiver that look like linemen.

zebradynasty

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 18, 2013, 03:44:50 pm
Does SS match up with PB's size. PB was bigger than any team we played this year. That's including all the 7A teams.
Forget about their speed. They have a QB and receiver that look like linemen.

Yeah we have some grown men on the lines. They'll flat wear you out as the game goes on.

Maclin on your girl

November 18, 2013, 04:16:17 pm #18 Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:18:04 pm by Maclin on your girl
Any chance parkview upsets gw?

Chris

Quote from: urban legend2 on November 18, 2013, 03:15:35 pm
I just saw where rain is in the works. I think that probably plays more into PB's hand than it does Siloam's. Still think PB wins by 3 TDs.

Just curious;  why do you feel a soggy track is an advantage for PB?

zebradynasty

Quote from: Maclin on your girl on November 18, 2013, 04:16:17 pm

Naw...Parkview program is a long way from being able to do that GW would have to give them a lot of help!

zebradynasty

Quote from: Chris on November 18, 2013, 04:18:21 pm

Not speaking for him but our size on the OL should help on wet turf. We have the tendency that when we throw...it's long. If raining it should force us to use a shorter passing game where we have some size there also.

Chris

I looked at pictures of the stadium (Google Maps)  very impressed with what I saw.  Could one of the PB fans recommend a good place to eat and also to park.

ricepig

Quote from: Chris on November 18, 2013, 04:47:41 pm
I looked at pictures of the stadium (Google Maps)  very impressed with what I saw.  Could one of the PB fans recommend a good place to eat and also to park.

Siloam

zebradynasty

November 18, 2013, 05:15:10 pm #24 Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:18:55 pm by zebradynasty
Quote from: Chris on November 18, 2013, 04:47:41 pm

Unless they are full all parking is secured and on the school grounds. There is only one entry on the east side. The stadium is old but still decent, turf is new, and the indoor facility was built in 08. Visitors side will be plenty enough room.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 18, 2013, 04:28:34 pm

Not speaking for him but our size on the OL should help on wet turf. We have the tendency that when we throw...it's long. If raining it should force us to use a shorter passing game where we have some size there also.
PB is the best team Siloam has seen this year. It won't be close.

greyski

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 18, 2013, 05:26:03 pm

So Pine Bluff would be a favorite against Fayetteville, Bentonville, Springdale, Har-Ber, Rogers, & Heritage? 

Baitshop

....but a decided underdog to Southside

zebradynasty

Quote from: greyski on November 18, 2013, 06:27:20 pm
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 18, 2013, 05:26:03 pm

So Pine Bluff would be a favorite against Fayetteville, Bentonville, Springdale, Har-Ber, Rogers, & Heritage? 

Bentonville and Fayettville would be the only ones that would give us problems the rest...yes we would do fine against. Why not?

Jeep71

urban legend2

Pretty much what ZD mentioned here. I do expect it to be close early.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Jeep71 on November 18, 2013, 06:59:22 pm
Don't get your hopes up there Missy.
The way I see it one of two things'll be at play this time: Parkview's learned from their first game and we see them play a little better, or they'll still have that first game in the back of their heads.
Doesn't really matter because they're probably not going to face much chance of an upset until state... or next season.

Pr8hd

November 18, 2013, 07:58:27 pm #32 Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 07:59:59 pm by Pr8hd

That would be like Phoebe Cates getting out of the pool in Fast Times at Ridgemont High as Judge Reinhold "fantasizes". I will let you guess which fanbase would play the role of Judge Reinhold in that scene.

Pr8hd

Parkview has revamped their offense and made some personnel changes. They have a few players that can give ya fits on both sides of the ball, but do not think they have enough to upset Greenwood. If GW gets up by 18, they are not the AHS Razorbacks and going to change what we are doing  that is working all of the sudden for style points. Last time, Parkview put up a good fight getting them in the Mercy Rule and knocked out Burgess in the second half. I don't look for them to take them lightly nor take the foot off the accelerator if opportunity presents itself to get the game over and done without any injuries. Fair was so bad last week, their technique or lack there of almost got a few dinged up with their holding and blocking especially. Parkview is no Fair by any means, but GW has a mission. I don't think we will be  making special plans and feeding them this go round ...not going for humanitarian awards. This is the playoffs and as the shirts said last week.."nothing personal, it's just business!"   

HBCAT12

November 18, 2013, 08:37:14 pm #34 Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 08:47:33 pm by HBCAT12
FWI When siloam played harber it was raining the whole game.. same night heritage gave benny all they wanted.. as far as huge line, not much or any teams bigger on offense and definatly defense than harber.. siloam is not small, and one of their receivers is quite a miss match for an average d-back. I'd expect a hard fought game..

zebradynasty

I am sure it will be hard fought but as long as PB minimizes its mistakes (which have really been the only thing that has stopped them all year) I see us pulling away. Not being condescending but hard for me to judge a teams worth based upon how well it lost 7 games. Or judge it's worth based on wins against 3 very poor teams.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 18, 2013, 09:42:54 pm
I am sure it will be hard fought but as long as PB minimizes its mistakes (which have really been the only thing that has stopped them all year) I see us pulling away. Not being condescending but hard for me to judge a teams worth based upon how well it lost 7 games. Or judge it's worth based on wins against 3 very poor teams.

I think it would be safe to engrave PB's name on the trophy.

zebradynasty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 18, 2013, 09:55:18 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on November 18, 2013, 09:42:54 pm

I think it would be safe to engrave PB's name on the trophy.

Trophy...naw lots and lots of work before that!

gatecrasher

A certain provider of statewide premium content, who shall remain nameless has PB favored by 7.

ricepig

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 19, 2013, 09:30:19 am
A certain provider of statewide premium content, who shall remain nameless has PB favored by 7.

Is their record better than Rich's?

the_kosher_pig

If PB plays solid and doesn't fumble I don't think there is a 6A team that could stop them.......  Including Greenwood.  They pushed El Dorado all over the field like they were a 3A school.  Unfortunately they lost 7 turnovers.  The QB single handily should take the blame for that loss IMO.  I believe he accounted for 5 of the 7. 

xtremewildcat

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on November 19, 2013, 09:41:50 am
If PB plays solid and doesn't fumble I don't think there is a 6A team that could stop them.......  Including Greenwood.  They pushed El Dorado all over the field like they were a 3A school.  Unfortunately they lost 7 turnovers.  The QB single handily should take the blame for that loss IMO.  I believe he accounted for 5 of the 7. 

You guys didn't push us around any more than anyone else we played. Yall should never tried to pass the ball and thus took away your strength. Therefore, blame your coach, not your QB.

zebradynasty

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 19, 2013, 10:28:41 am

You guys didn't push us around any more than anyone else we played. Yall should never tried to pass the ball and thus took away your strength. Therefore, blame your coach, not your QB.

Well all those turnovers were not INT's I think 3 or 4 were fumbles.

xtremewildcat

I remember in 2011 my son and I stopping in PB(on the way back from Memphis) to see you guys fumble away a game to us.
Still, I would only throw the ball to that lineman you have playing wide out. He's the only one that could catch the ball.

zebradynasty

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 19, 2013, 11:04:24 am
I remember in 2011 my son and I stopping in PB(on the way back from Memphis) to see you guys fumble away a game to us.
Still, I would only throw the ball to that lineman you have playing wide out. He's the only one that could catch the ball.

Well for some reason we like to split Gragg out wide don't ask me why ??? He is a much better target in the slot or on the line. We have a couple of others to throw to and we have another TE that's even bigger than Gragg! I dunno about his hands other than he is an excellent basketball player he's our best DE only a soph. If he works hard...he could be the top DL in the state his senior year.

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 19, 2013, 10:28:41 am

You guys?  I'm in Sherwood.  I went to school closer to El Dorado than Pine Bluff.  I was just an observer.  Yes, PB manhandled El Dorado.  The QB FUMBLED 4 times alone with 2 interceptions.  The RB fumbled once.  The QB (and the coach for leaving him in) lost that game.  The opening drive was 10 yard chunks at a time and El Dorado couldn't stop it.  The QB stopped it.

urban legend2

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 19, 2013, 11:16:12 am
Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 19, 2013, 11:04:24 am

Well for some reason we like to split Gragg out wide don't ask me why ??? He is a much better target in the slot or on the line. We have a couple of others to throw to and we have another TE that's even bigger than Gragg! I dunno about his hands other than he is an excellent basketball player he's our best DE only a soph. If he works hard...he could be the top DL in the state his senior year.

I think Tate will be the state's top DL by the time he's a senior and will be the best to come through PB since Demoine Adams back in '98.

gatecrasher

Pine Bluff wouldn't push El Dorado around a 2nd time. Moved some kids around on defensive front 7. They've played much better football since.

Won't matter. Greenwood will take care of the Z's next week. They won't get the chance.

the_kosher_pig

I've watched both teams play.  I think PB matches up better with Greenwood than anyone.  PB's secondary is fast enough to play man.  I think PB is the only shot at upsetting them.  El Dorado doesn't have the depth to keep up with GW. 

Maclin on your girl

I was being sarcastic & I was laying it down pretty thick. I was hoping you'd pickup on it "missy"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas