• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 6A: Filled in Brackets First Post (Printable)

Started by Brian G, October 01, 2013, 05:55:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

October 01, 2013, 05:55:47 pm Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:38:59 am by B.G.
Filled in 6A bracket

All games start at 7:00 for all classes.

RD™

Looks like El Dorado or Pine Bluff coming to the 'Wood again

Maclin on your girl

Don't look past parkview or hall. They could upset Gwood. Haha. The 6a is a joke.

Razorback Red

I don't follow the entire 6A closely, but unless they play GW in round 1, I think Siloam could surprise someone.  They have been much more competitive this year in the West.  They took HB to the wire and played Fville and Bville both tough for a half. 

Not saying they will get to the finals, but I expect them to be very competitive. 

Brian G

Quote from: Razorback Red on October 28, 2013, 08:50:06 pm
I don't follow the entire 6A closely, but unless they play GW in round 1, I think Siloam could surprise someone.  They have been much more competitive this year in the West.  They took HB to the wire and played Fville and Bville both tough for a half. 

Not saying they will get to the finals, but I expect them to be very competitive. 
Agreed.

maxswine

Quote from: B.G. on October 28, 2013, 08:57:28 pm
Quote from: Razorback Red on October 28, 2013, 08:50:06 pm

Agreed.

It's looking like Siloam may have a rematch with Russellville in the first round of the playoffs.

Razorback Red

I'm gonna pick Siloam over Searcy in rd 1 and I think they'll give PB a solid game in the 2nd rd. 

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 09, 2013, 11:09:10 am
I'm gonna pick Siloam over Searcy in rd 1 and I think they'll give PB a solid game in the 2nd rd.

I think they.played a barn burner last year, with Searcy just hanging on at the end.

greyski

Siloam lost at Searcy last year going for 2 and the win.  Siloam got behind 28 in the first half.  Panthers need to cut out the costly penalties and take care of the ball better, last night had 10 penalties for over 100 yards in first half to keep VB in the ballgame.

Brian G

The records of those teams and the fact Mt Home is in this defies all logic.

xtremewildcat

November 09, 2013, 04:09:34 pm #10 Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 04:36:40 pm by xtremewildcat
Quote from: Maclin on your girl on October 27, 2013, 09:33:38 pm
Don't look past parkview or hall. They could upset Gwood. Haha. The 6a is a joke.

We have had this discussion at this time for the past few years. The question I will ask you(the same question I have asked the same cast of characters who will blow up this thread like they do every year. Some have already shown up.)

When you break down all of the classifications top to bottom. What is the quality difference in the 6A as opposed to all the others?

Look at how strong the top teams are and look at the bottom.
Look at the persent of teams that are good and the percent of teams that are bad.
Then tell me what is the difference.
The only given is the amount of teams. I'm talking about quality.

Could someone please reserect my dissertation on this circa 2010 please. I really don't feel like posting all the numbers, stats, and percentages.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on November 09, 2013, 03:40:30 pm
Yep, you can blame Cryant for going back to this next year. We could have been like the vaulted 7A and only let 12 in.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2013, 04:16:02 pm
Yep, you can blame Cryant for going back to this next year. We could have been like the vaulted 7A and only let 12 in.

Look on the bright side. Our game next Friday night will add about 20G's to our coffers. We ain't cryin.

Brian G

Hey, we kept Springdale out.

ricepig

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 09, 2013, 04:25:26 pm

Look on the bright side. Our game next Friday night will add about 20G's to our coffers. We ain't cryin.

AAA gets a big cut of playoff games.

xtremewildcat

They get a piece of the gate. Which is why prices go up. Does the traveling team get anything? There has gotta be something in it for the jabronies that have to travel hundreds of miles to get heart punched till vtac.

ricepig

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 09, 2013, 05:04:09 pm
They get a piece of the gate. Which is why prices go up. Does the traveling team get anything? There has gotta be something in it for the jabronies that have to travel hundreds of miles to get heart punched till vtac.

Yep, believe that get mileage, not sure if anything else.

Is there a guideline?...

How far is far enough?
Will any teams travel on Thursday?
How many teams have games that are far enough to justify traveling Thursday after school?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas