• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

g.ws drew morgan or josh bell

Started by southdog, October 23, 2012, 08:25:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

southdog

after watching this kid dismantle southside last week , i realized the morgan kid's big play style reminded me of another g.w. great of old , josh bell. who's better?

Big Foot

Quote from: southdog on October 23, 2012, 08:25:40 pm
after watching this kid dismantle southside last week , i realized the morgan kid's big play style reminded me of another g.w. great of old , josh bell. who's better?

We don't compare one player against another in Greenwood, they are and were both great in their own way. Are you better or worse than your sister or brother?  ;D ;D ;D

southdog

i reality people do compare, it just sounds better your way . but i will retract the who is better part for peace here on fearless friday. i do think they compare in exciting playmaking! and for the record,i am better than my brother, but not as good as my sister!  ;)

Big Foot

Just messing with you Southdog, but in reality Josh ( Blue Lighting ) Bell was really fun to watch, had a heart of a Lion, small but quick as a cat. I will never forget his catch in the 2000 state championship game against Hope, I thought at the time no way he could make that catch, but than that is why he was so much fun to watch. Drew just as exciting to watch can cut on a dime and go from zero to blazing in a snap. Get the ball in his hands and look out. Tough as a keg of nails.

southdog

my next question is why didn't the hogs go after morgan ? the kids a player. good luck to him at a state!

Baitshop

No disrespect to young Mr. Morgan....BUT....easily, Josh Bell.....could change a game faster than any player I ever ever watched in person.....

Baitshop

Quote from: southdog on October 23, 2012, 09:21:50 pm
my next question is why didn't the hogs go after morgan ? the kids a player. good luck to him at a state!

6A fast and skill and SEC fast and skill are two different things.....i.e Kane Whitehurst....

Will make an outstanding player at an Arkansas State, UCA or DII program....

Jeep71

Thats what they used to say about Tyler. ::)

Baitshop

Quote from: Jeep71 on October 23, 2012, 09:51:27 pm

Ok....give me the list of DI schools that have made him offers....

I'm not saying that the kid sucks....or that he is a "snot noses punk" like TT referred to Southside players as on the radio broadcast Friday nite....I'm just telling you that, IMO, he won't be attending a SEC or even Big12 school on a football scholarship....

If I am wrong, coach me up on what I don't know...

RD™

I love Drew, he is a tremendous athlete. However, he is going to be PERFECT at Arkansas State. I would not want to see an Alabama LB destroying him, coming across the middle.

southdog

exactly jeep!! i remember when tyler was a freshman someone on this board  all knowingly proclaimed "tyler wilson will never be an sec quarterback!' we all know how that statement panned out! i think morgan will be a good college player!

Baitshop

Quote from: southdog on October 23, 2012, 09:58:49 pm
exactly jeep!! i remember when tyler was a freshman someone on this board  all knowingly proclaimed "tyler wilson will never be an sec quarterback!' we all know how that statement panned out! i think morgan will be a good college player!

I don't think that there is any doubt that Drew Morgan will be a fine college player....the question was, why doesn't Arkansas recruit him....that is what I was speaking to....

Big Foot

Well just say he has been contacted by bigger schools, but when and if he wants to put out info on that we will let him do that. If I was a bettin man I would say he has his mind on something else right now. ;D ;D

Baitshop

Quote from: Big Foot on October 23, 2012, 10:05:16 pm
Well just say he has been contacted by bigger schools, but when and if he wants to put out info on that we will let him do that. If I was a bettin man I would say he has his mind on something else right now. ;D ;D

Let us know when this is anything other than internet chatter by the home team....

Either way....my vote for the original question is still....Josh Bell

RD™

Josh Bell.

Kid was making amazing plays as a Sophomore.

RD™

Quote from: Baitshop on October 23, 2012, 10:06:35 pm
Quote from: Big Foot on October 23, 2012, 10:05:16 pm

Let us know when this is anything other than internet chatter by the home team....

Either way....my vote for the original question is still....Josh Bell
hey check your PM

Baitshop

Quote from: RD on October 23, 2012, 10:08:34 pm
Josh Bell.

Unfortunately, I don't think that JB was any bigger the day he graduated than when he was a sophomore....

RD™

Quote from: Baitshop on October 23, 2012, 10:15:25 pm
Quote from: RD on October 23, 2012, 10:08:34 pm
Josh Bell.

Unfortunately, I don't think that JB was any bigger the day he graduated than when he was a sophomore....
He might have grew a cm

Baitshop

southdog

thinking of names.  q.b.- wilson ,then stegall, old school qb. (before spread) donnie sandifer,  receiver-weible, miller,harris. hybrid rb/rec. bell and morgan.  true ground and pound runner, tatum owenby. do all player nathan staton. and defensive player , there was a linebacker a few years back that had a ton of tackles .i think his last name started with a v! anyway these are just my opinions , not trying to pass them in to a law! ;D

Baitshop

Quote from: southdog on October 23, 2012, 11:23:10 pm
thinking of names.  q.b.- wilson ,then stegall, old school qb. (before spread) donnie sandifer,  receiver-weible, miller,harris. hybrid rb/rec. bell and morgan.  true ground and pound runner, tatum owenby. do all player nathan staton. and defensive player , there was a linebacker a few years back that had a ton of tackles .i think his last name started with a v! anyway these are just my opinions , not trying to pass them in to a law! ;D

Sandifer threw a football farther than I have ever seen a ball thrown in person in a playoff game in Gravette in a driving rain storm in 1974.....close to 70 yards.....over threw Rausch by 10 yards....

Baitshop

Heck, one of my favorite Greenwood QB's to watch was a guy that I think ended up coaching a Greenwood....

This guy was the center the first year Peacock started running the spread....the next year he was a 6' 220lb. QB with an arm like a cannon....

RD™

Quote from: Baitshop on October 24, 2012, 12:01:25 am
Heck, one of my favorite Greenwood QB's to watch was a guy that I think ended up coaching a Greenwood....

This guy was the center the first year Peacock started running the spread....the next year he was a 6' 220lb. QB with an arm like a cannon....
He is a Vice Principal at Greenwood now, the Middle School I believe.

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: Baitshop on October 23, 2012, 09:55:00 pm

I'm not saying that the kid sucks....or that he is a "snot noses punk" like TT referred to Southside players as on the radio broadcast Friday nite....I'm just telling you that, IMO, he won't be attending a SEC or even Big12 school on a football scholarship....

When did I say that?

dogbreath

That is twice now I have heard the "snot nosed" remark referred to.  I listened to the entire broadcast and must admit I do not remember hearing that.

dogbreath

BTW, I think they are (were) both great HS players.  Josh never had the size to go to next level but was fantastic to watch.  Drew is committed to A-State but wouldn't be shocked to see something else come along really soon.

GrizzlyBaseball

As we hear all the time major college football is a business.  And the coaches look at players as cogs in a machine.  Not a lot of emotion goes into it.  A lot of coaches will look at Morgan's size and mark him off.  Others will look at the stats and say, well he's playing small school Arkansas football and mark him off.  It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.  I would think that the system would be very important to Morgan.  I would think he would want to be in a spread system with a lot of movement in the formations patterns.  ASU and Malzahn certainly fits that mold.

All that said, with the state of this year's Razorback recruiting class someone might just give him a shot. 

Baitshop

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on October 24, 2012, 07:52:04 am

When did I say that?

I don't know exactly when it was said, and I made a phone call this morning to try and find out exactly when it was said....I was told that the remark didn't have the word "punk" in it, but was "a bunch of snot nosed brats" in referring to the or some Southside players....

How I heard that was from multilple sources, including 2 inside the Southside administration....my phone died in the middle of the 1st half....when I got back to the car and got it on the charger I had 14 missed texts and 7 missed phone calls....so I started working my way through them......four of those texts where about the Greenwood radio announcer calling Rebel players "snot nosed brats" i.e "wow, can't believe their radio guy called your kids SNB's"...."Tim Terry called our players SNB's...that is the most bush league thing I have ever heard"...."the radio guy called the Rebels SNB's....I wonder what the Greenwood administration thinks about that....somebody needs to let them know"...

Returned two phone calls on the way home....both to people who don't live in Ft. Smith (Little Rock and NEA), have no affiliation with Southside, and who watched the game on the web....both of them told me about the comment from the "Greenwood radio guy".....

When I was at Southside on Monday I had two folks in the administration ask me if I knew the radio guy from Greenwood....I told them, not personally, but I have listened to him for years....they relayed the exact same story to me and told me that they were surprised that Greenwood would allow that from their radio broadcast....

Again, I didn't hear it.....but, it appears as if several did.....if it is true....well, let's just say that it is pretty disappointing, at the least....

dogbreath

I don't think the Razorbacks will be in the mix as far as Drew is concerned and have not heard of any recruiting efforts on their part.  However, I wouldn't be surprised to see some other big school make a late charge.

As far as the radio broadcast goes, I am not disputing what many are saying they heard, merely that I didn't catch it.  I would like to hear in what context it was said.  Maybe he was just rattling something off half-jokingly.  I have certainly heard worse on various radio broadcasts.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Baitshop on October 24, 2012, 10:32:02 am

When did I say that?

I don't know exactly when it was said, and I made a phone call this morning to try and find out exactly when it was said....I was told that the remark didn't have the word "punk" in it, but was "a bunch of snot nosed brats" in referring to the or some Southside players....

How I heard that was from multilple sources, including 2 inside the Southside administration....my phone died in the middle of the 1st half....when I got back to the car and got it on the charger I had 14 missed texts and 7 missed phone calls....so I started working my way through them......four of those texts where about the Greenwood radio announcer calling Rebel players "snot nosed brats" i.e "wow, can't believe their radio guy called your kids SNB's"...."Tim Terry called our players SNB's...that is the most bush league thing I have ever heard"...."the radio guy called the Rebels SNB's....I wonder what the Greenwood administration thinks about that....somebody needs to let them know"...

Returned two phone calls on the way home....both to people who don't live in Ft. Smith (Little Rock and NEA), have no affiliation with Southside, and who watched the game on the web....both of them told me about the comment from the "Greenwood radio guy".....

When I was at Southside on Monday I had two folks in the administration ask me if I knew the radio guy from Greenwood....I told them, not personally, but I have listened to him for years....they relayed the exact same story to me and told me that they were surprised that Greenwood would allow that from their radio broadcast....

Again, I didn't hear it.....but, it appears as if several did.....if it is true....well, let's just say that it is pretty disappointing, at the least....
Bait, I have listened to TT and the radio broadcast alot the last 7 or 8 years. When I am not able to attend a Greenwood game I always listen to them on the radio so I can keep up with Greenwood because I have several friends and family that go to school there or teach/coach there. I have never heard Tim disrespect another school...ever. I didn't listen to the Friday night show because I was at the game but I would be very surprised if it happened. TT can be a homer, but hey, he is a Greenwood homer and is very passionate about his team as we all are. Not saying it didn't happen, but I would be shocked...

Coach Venny Slocombe

...as for Morgan vs. Bell...I say toss-up...both are and were great players... ;)

Baitshop

Quote from: dogbreath on October 24, 2012, 10:40:07 am

As far as the radio broadcast goes, I am not disputing what many are saying they heard, merely that I didn't catch it.  I would like to hear in what context it was said.  Maybe he was just rattling something off half-jokingly.  I have certainly heard worse on various radio broadcasts.

What context would you be willing to call acceptable for someone calling your team/son a "bunch of snot nosed brats" on a statewide.......heck, world wide broadcast..??..??

You boys are falling all over each other because you consider a kid not shaking hands after a game (which, again, is/was wrong) a major breech of moral standard....but yet you are trying to spin this as a "in what context is was said"......

Let me assure you that, if true, this is only one of several instances of poor sportsmanship demonstrated by the Bulldog faithful, both on and off the field on Friday nite....

SNWA

I heard that Okie St. has been contacting Drew alot lately.

Baitshop

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 24, 2012, 10:42:20 am
Quote from: Baitshop on October 24, 2012, 10:32:02 am

When did I say that?

Bait, I have listened to TT and the radio broadcast alot the last 7 or 8 years. When I am not able to attend a Greenwood game I always listen to them on the radio so I can keep up with Greenwood because I have several friends and family that go to school there or teach/coach there. I have never heard Tim disrespect another school...ever. I didn't listen to the Friday night show because I was at the game but I would be very surprised if it happened. TT can be a homer, but hey, he is a Greenwood homer and is very passionate about his team as we all are. Not saying it didn't happen, but I would be shocked...

Vinney....lets be clear that I am not saying it happened....I am only relaying what I was told from multiple sources around the state, both inside and outside of the Rebel fan base....

I also, have listened to Tim Terry for several years and haven't heard anything like that....and actually told the two folks from inside the Southside the same thing.....having said that, I don't know of away that the multiple folks that phoned and texted me on Friday nite would be able to put up a coordinate their stories to make it a scam.....

Again, I didn't hear it....and I too, would be/am more than surprised that Tim Terry would say that if it is true....

Baitshop

Quote from: SNWA on October 24, 2012, 10:54:01 am
I heard that Okie St. has been contacting Drew alot lately.

Who did you hear that from..??

dogbreath

Context is everything.  I stand with TT.

OkSt, possibly.

Baitshop

Quote from: dogbreath on October 24, 2012, 11:00:38 am
Context is everything.  I stand with TT.

Not surprised....if true, I guess winning covers all sins....at least in Greenwood....

SNWA

wow, your really digging bait. Was not just the fact he did not shake hands, he sprinted off the field with everyone watching which tells me he did not give a crap. Maybe the ss admin. should worry a bit more about their own and not so much the GW Homer...lol
I too doubt that came from TT's mouth. Im sure if it did there is a recording somewhere.  Bring the evidence and shut me up. I did see with my own eyes the dash to the lockerroom though.

SNWA

Sorry, no facts on the Okie St. but i thought it was in the Times Record last week.

dogbreath

Baitshop

October 24, 2012, 11:09:58 am #40 Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:12:47 am by Baitshop
Quote from: SNWA on October 24, 2012, 11:03:28 am
wow, your really digging bait. Was not just the fact he did not shake hands, he sprinted off the field with everyone watching which tells me he did not give a crap. Maybe the ss admin. should worry a bit more about their own and not so much the GW Homer...lol
I too doubt that came from TT's mouth. Im sure if it did there is a recording somewhere.  Bring the evidence and shut me up. I did see with my own eyes the dash to the lockerroom though.

SNWA.....it appears as you have revealed yourself as another GW fan....no worries...we aren't losing any sleep over it....you Greenwood boys are the ones that seem to be truly upset by a kid that JOGGED off the field and didn't shake your hands (you see, I was there too and watched with my own eyes also)....

BTW, do you have any other strong opinions about CRJ's son personal foul call for blowing up the SS QB who was already on his knee while trying to run out the clock in a JV game that was already decided a couple of weeks ago...??

Baitshop

Quote from: dogbreath on October 24, 2012, 11:08:33 am
A "sin???"  Wow.

You misunderstood "sin".....it's a "context" thing.....I am sure that you understand....

Nice attempt at deflection though.... ::)

ricepig

Bait, you know that the GW faithful have told you that situation would be handled in-house, unlike the public thrashing of the SS QB.

SNWA

Ive heard that there is a public lashing friday at noon but has not beem confirmed.
If he was the team leader though it would have been stoning.......

Baitshop

Quote from: SNWA on October 24, 2012, 11:15:20 am
Ive heard that there is a public lashing friday at noon but has not beem confirmed.
If he was the team leader though it would have been stoning.......

Ahh....so you guys give out punishment by what you do on the field on Friday nites....

Cool story....

Baitshop

Quote from: ricepig on October 24, 2012, 11:15:04 am
Bait, you know that the GW faithful have told you that situation would be handled in-house, unlike the public thrashing of the SS QB.

Deflection and Denial....two more things Greenwood leads the state in... ;)

bulldog1

Quote from: Baitshop on October 24, 2012, 11:29:23 am

And your one to talk. POT MEET KETTLE!

Jeep71

After all the trash talk from both sides somebody finally got their feelings hurt. ::)

Baitshop

Quote from: bulldog1 on October 24, 2012, 11:37:48 am
Quote from: Baitshop on October 24, 2012, 11:29:23 am

And your one to talk. POT MEET KETTLE!

Point me to what you speak of......deflection or denial.....I'll wait....

RD™

I will listen to the game broadcast tonight when I get home. It is unedited and saved directly from the stream to our website. Until then, no more discussion on this.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas