• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6-A New #1

Started by Big Daddy DOG, August 31, 2012, 09:29:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Daddy DOG

Could Greenwood be the new #1.  I think so..

Valleysports

Big Daddy DOG

The Future

You would think they would. But seeing Greenwood is the new kid on the campus and Eldo is the defending champ, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep Eldo 1 and Gwood 2. Now if Eldo happens to lose next week and the dogs win, then yes there should be a new number 1 for sure.

Big Daddy DOG

Could be...Losing to 5A Camden might not be good.

Valleysports

Quote from: Big Daddy DOG on August 31, 2012, 09:33:17 pm
Camden 5a
Are you serious? In that case, 6a should just cancel the season  ;D

RD™

While rankings matter not right now...

Greenwood is the new #1 in 6A right now.

thebigshot

Why because El Dorado lost? You know and I know that El Dorado will still be #1 next week because they have yet to lose to a 6A team in 2012.

RD™

Quote from: thebigshot on August 31, 2012, 09:59:59 pm
Why because El Dorado lost? You know and I know that El Dorado will still be #1 next week because they have yet to lose to a 6A team in 2012.

They lost to a team of lower classification (and quite ugly) they will not be #1

thebigshot

Quote from: Uncle Hawg on August 31, 2012, 09:56:56 pm

Not really.

DogsWin7

You and I both know rankings especially #1 matters to those other teams.............Just looks like G delivered 1st. AS USUAL! ;D

RD™

Quote from: thebigshot on August 31, 2012, 10:01:44 pm
Quote from: Uncle Hawg on August 31, 2012, 09:56:56 pm

Not really.
You got embarassed by 5A...remember your a 6A big dog. Trust me, when Shiloh beat us one year when they were 4A #1 and we were 5A #1...we went down. It happens. Not end of world...just accept it and move on.

thebigshot

Quote from: Uncle Hawg on August 31, 2012, 10:00:29 pm

They lost to a team of lower classification (and quite ugly) they will not be #1

As I was saying.... they have yet to lose to a 6A team. Camden is 5. If greenwood would had lost tonight you would still have them as 2 right or wrong?  If they were playing warren and lost you would have them at 2 right or wrong?

thebigshot

RD™

You won't be #1.

Guaran-dang-teed.

DogsWin7

Looks like there's a NEW DOG IN TOWN!!!  CALLED CHAMP!

wildcatgreat

August 31, 2012, 10:14:36 pm #16 Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 10:28:35 pm by wildcatgreat
We (eldo) didn't play like the number #1 team tonight. We don't deserve #1 we played very bad period.

gatecrasher

Issues on both sides of the ball.
Not taking anything away from CF (they are very good) but we suck right now.

I know I have been vocal when we were blistering everyone, but rest assured I can be just as vocal when we aren't good. Right now we aren't very good.

Earl is my Hero!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Really?

Lose to a lower classification team and keep your ranking?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

GenesisGuzman16

I don't post on this forum much, since I'm not a huge football fan and post a lot on the soccer forum, but it's too early in the season to say anything about a team's success later on in the season. El Dorado might've lost to a lower classification team today but that doesn't say anything. Everyone has an upset every once and awhile. Today was El Dorado's. I think it might still have been team chemistry being the problem and everyone adjusting to newly acquired positions. How many starters did we have returning in all? That would effect the squad a lot.

7AFBFAN

There ya go Gate, take it like a man. Your boys better be worried about Pine Bluff. They have some boys on defense that can deliver the knockout punch.

gatecrasher

What about QB? Can they throw?
If they create some balance on offense they will play for the state title.

7AFBFAN

Yes they seemed pretty balanced however they were a lot faster than the Grizzly defense. I was impressed with how hard they hit from start to finish. All over the field too. Number 5 is the real deal.

Earl is my Hero!!

Man, I was on facebook and saw Gate's status about the game and I had to check the calendar real quick!

I mean for a minute I figured I must have fallen asleep and woke up to find out it was Christmas!!!

The mighty El Dorado Mildcats lost week 1 of their self proclaimed DYNASTY season? Can it be? Has The Earl been that good of a boy this year that Santa would give him a gift like this on the last day of August?

Gosh, I'm glad Monday is a holiday, that will give me another full 24 hours to do nothing but remind certain folks about their braggadociousness...

gatecrasher

It will be offset by my critical nature towards how bad we are.

If we don't show improvement next week, it's likely over.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: gatecrasher on August 31, 2012, 10:46:05 pm

Awww...

Come now, one bad game does not a season make.

Here, I'm going to go find one of your positive quotes from facebook and post it to cheer you up...

gatecrasher

Seriously. Offensive line is small.
Defensive backs too timid.

QB and receivers not on the same page. Had two sure touchdowns where his man had beaten the defender by 5 yds and overthrew them.

We had opportunities to tie the game in the 3rd quarter and didnt take advantage. I knew then this was not normal.

Only one game, yes. But there is reason for concern

wildcatgreat

Another thing is next week we'll see alot of new faces playing. Cause alot of players played with no passion took plays off. Then when we couldn't run we were terrible in the passing game.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Eldo has not exactly had alot of size the last few years, even on defense.  What we did have was kids that played hard, played above their talent level and were coachable.  Did not see that tonite on defense. Camden was very fast and hard to tackle, but just did not see any fire, except for maybe on a couple of stops, from our defense. No desire. Complacency, no urgency. I don't know. Doesnt look good.

Big Foot

It looks like Eldo players have been reading gatecrashers post on here about how great they were??? Figured that alone would win them a game against a lowly 5a team. ;D ;D ;D

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: gatecrasher on August 31, 2012, 10:59:23 pm
Seriously. Offensive line is small.
Defensive backs too timid.

QB and receivers not on the same page. Had two sure touchdowns where his man had beaten the defender by 5 yds and overthrew them.

We had opportunities to tie the game in the 3rd quarter and didnt take advantage. I knew then this was not normal.

Only one game, yes. But there is reason for concern

You been runnin your head all summer about this team and just now you're pointing out all these flaws.  Dude, go watch a practice, watch film, something.  No way you have this much confidence in a team and they can be that bad. 

I appreciate your honesty in realizing that the 4 peat is out of reach.    ;)

BadDogGHSDogPound

Quote from: The Future on August 31, 2012, 09:38:25 pm
You would think they would. But seeing Greenwood is the new kid on the campus and Eldo is the defending champ, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep Eldo 1 and Gwood 2. Now if Eldo happens to lose next week and the dogs win, then yes there should be a new number 1 for sure.

I can see keeping a team where they are ranked if they play up in nonconference and lose, but the fact they lost to a lower class team and by the margin, they have to fall and I'll call out any ranking that doesn't drop them down.

gatecrasher

TT, I live 2 hrs from El Dorado. Can't exactly jump in the car in the middle of the week and go to practice.

For 3 yrs we have reloaded. Every indication from all the stuff I got told during the offseason and the summer gave me no indication that this year would be no different.

Thought about it all on the drive home. Conclusion: there will be different bodies starting next week. This coaching staff is too good to allow this to fester.

Gotta find a fullback. Kendall Toney was noticably missing tonight. Suspended indefinitely for disciplinary reasons. Likely done as a Wildcat. It made a huge difference in the running game. That HAS to be addressed.

As for my smack talking, pfffft. It's sports. I came into the world talking noise. I'll leave it the same way.

There are way more important things in my life to worry about than eating crow. Those who know me personally will tell you that is 100% true about me.

There ain't a soul on here that hasn't had to eat their words, and if you say you haven't, you're a liar. But since you brought it up, I have dished out way more in my life than I have eaten. And that's on the real.

Good night...

gatecrasher

September 01, 2012, 02:35:23 am #33 Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:44:46 am by gatecrasher
One more thing:
CF is really good. Just sayin.

The Future

I'm as big a Greenwood fan as the next one, but Eldo fans need not worry and the rest of their conference better not think lightly of them. They may not be as great as they were last year, but I'm willin to bet my car and a donut that last night was not Eldos best showing and that game is not how they will play every game. Coach Reed will have his team better. Heck he ain't got a historic 4peat riding on his shoulders for nothing. Every dog has its day. I'm sure every Greenwood fan remembers the 07 LRC game??? (no not the one where we got another ring lol)

I was actualy kinda disappointed they lost though. Keep up the good work and good luck next week

gatecrasher

I believe we will be okay. It's the morning after...
You can guarantee there will be some different bodies at some positions.

We need a better showing next week

AHS06

El Dorado starts Conference play 0-3

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 01, 2012, 02:34:38 am
TT, I live 2 hrs from El Dorado. Can't exactly jump in the car in the middle of the week and go to practice.

For 3 yrs we have reloaded. Every indication from all the stuff I got told during the offseason and the summer gave me no indication that this year would be no different.

Thought about it all on the drive home. Conclusion: there will be different bodies starting next week. This coaching staff is too good to allow this to fester.

Gotta find a fullback. Kendall Toney was noticably missing tonight. Suspended indefinitely for disciplinary reasons. Likely done as a Wildcat. It made a huge difference in the running game. That HAS to be addressed.

As for my smack talking, pfffft. It's sports. I came into the world talking noise. I'll leave it the same way.

There are way more important things in my life to worry about than eating crow. Those who know me personally will tell you that is 100% true about me.

There ain't a soul on here that hasn't had to eat their words, and if you say you haven't, you're a liar. But since you brought it up, I have dished out way more in my life than I have eaten. And that's on the real.

Good night...

Humility. +1.   Gate, your gonna turn out to be a good dude. +1 next hour.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on August 31, 2012, 10:54:38 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on August 31, 2012, 10:46:05 pm

Awww...

Come now, one bad game does not a season make.

Here, I'm going to go find one of your positive quotes from facebook and post it to cheer you up...

Earl, you know GC is a nice fellow. A true wildcat FANatic.
Me, on the other hand...............
I personaally would like to be beat up a bit more than you ED haters are doing.
Where is BG when you need him?

Big Foot

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on September 01, 2012, 08:34:45 am

Good night...

TT I think he is OK guy ( I haven't met him ) but seems to be obsessed with his team like a lot of us. Just has to learn not to let his mouth over load his you know what. I think this is just a case of him wanting his team to do again what they did last year that he got a little carried away, and with Greenwood coming into his 6a conf. he had to let us know right off the bat who the boss was.

gatecrasher

Quote from: Big Foot on September 01, 2012, 08:54:18 am
Quote from: TTofGreenwood on September 01, 2012, 08:34:45 am

Good night...

TT I think he is OK guy ( I haven't met him ) but seems to be obsessed with his team like a lot of us. Just has to learn not to let his mouth over load his you know what. I think this is just a case of him wanting his team to do again what they did last year that he got a little carried away, and with Greenwood coming into his 6a conf. he had to let us know right off the bat who the boss was.
It's trash talk, not killing baby seals. Lol. Geez.

Big Foot

Isn't football season great? Keep the trash coming but be ready to eat that bird from time to time. ;D

Valleysports

Someone say something bout Seal Hunting? Fun to hunt but not many white guys like the taste.  Too oily! Whale Blubber is terribly as well...

RD™

Class 6A
1. [2] Greenwood (1-0) – Ascends to top as a result of Fairview's victory
2. [4] Pine Bluff (1-0) – Northside's defense picks up where it left off in 2011
3. [5] Jonesboro (1-0) – Opener versus Greene County Tech was harldy a test
4. [1] El Dorado (0-1) – Outscored by 5A Fairview 21-0 in final stanza

you were saying?

pantherblue

LOL. not to hate on gwood but they haven't won a 6a game yet either.  No doubt they will win many but early season polls are just funny.

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: pantherblue on September 01, 2012, 12:07:12 pm
LOL. not to hate on gwood but they haven't won a 6a game yet either.  No doubt they will win many but early season polls are just funny. V

Shoo fly. 

AHS06

Quote from: Uncle Hawg on September 01, 2012, 12:03:48 pm

Class 6A
1. [2] Greenwood (1-0) – Ascends to top as a result of Fairview's victory
2. [4] Pine Bluff (1-0) – Northside's defense picks up where it left off in 2011
3. [5] Jonesboro (1-0) – Opener versus Greene County Tech was harldy a test
4. [1] El Dorado (0-1) – Outscored by 5A Fairview 21-0 in final stanza

you were saying?
Jonesboro's victory over Greene County Tech is not worthy of a jump over El Dorado nor #3.

xtremewildcat

It will be a toss up between GW and PB. You have to admit. The victory over NS is a bit more impressive than the victory over that out of state team.

HouseOf3Dogs

Quote from: xtremewildcat on September 01, 2012, 01:50:05 pm
It will be a toss up between GW and PB. You have to admit. The victory over NS is a bit more impressive than the victory over that out of state team.
A win is a win and I will say that there were a few kids at Sallisaw that were impressive. I haven't watched Northside in a few years but they are not to be overlooked. All teams are working out their bugs right now but the best thing is the way some Eldo fans treated us bulldog fans when we first came over to this page means we get to have at least 7 DAYS OF FUN before the next game . Remember it is all in fun and it will be going in circles all season so be ready to eat crow if you serve any. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!

Big Foot

Quote from: HouseOf3Dogs on September 01, 2012, 04:32:26 pm
Quote from: xtremewildcat on September 01, 2012, 01:50:05 pm
A win is a win and I will say that there were a few kids at Sallisaw that were impressive. I haven't watched Northside in a few years but they are not to be overlooked. All teams are working out their bugs right now but the best thing is the way some Eldo fans treated us bulldog fans when we first came over to this page means we get to have at least 7 DAYS OF FUN before the next game . Remember it is all in fun and it will be going in circles all season so be ready to eat crow if you serve any. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!

On any given night any team can have a bad night. Win or lose I love Greenwood Bulldog football.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas