• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 6A State Championship: Lake Hamilton vs El Dorado(Friday 7:00)

Started by Brian G, November 25, 2011, 10:21:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

milomattox

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2011, 06:17:25 pm
Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 30, 2011, 05:05:43 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on November 30, 2011, 06:34:42 am
Quote from: thebigshot on November 30, 2011, 03:05:13 am
So all of y'all thinks I'm gate huh? Why's that? Because we both have common sense unlike y'all?[/quote

No - I'm thinking maybe someone, like Gate, has two accounts where he can play Smart Fan / Dumb Fan.

LOL!!!!

I have both of these guys phone numbers and they are from differant areas. Also, Shot played for us back in the day.

You have to admit, Gate has hit it on the nail when talking about ED under Reed. We will always be in the hunt.
Like i said before, i am tickled to death about this season.
Remember, I was tickled to death to be ranked 3rd in our conference in the preseason poll.

Remember that Gate!!! LOL!
Yep....kinda cool to get back to the title game in a "rebuilding" year.
We could win Friday, and should be preseason #1 next season, and pretty good the year after.

They may have to rename War Memorial if we pull that off.....;D
Gate I am glad El Dorado looks good the next few years, as Lake Hamilton does also. It would take all the fun and excitement out of the rivalry otherwise  ;D

gatecrasher

Quote from: milomattox on November 30, 2011, 06:26:35 pm
So all of y'all thinks I'm gate huh? Why's that? Because we both have common sense unlike y'all?[/quote

No - I'm thinking maybe someone, like Gate, has two accounts where he can play Smart Fan / Dumb Fan.

LOL!!!!

I have both of these guys phone numbers and they are from differant areas. Also, Shot played for us back in the day.

You have to admit, Gate has hit it on the nail when talking about ED under Reed. We will always be in the hunt.
Remember, I was tickled to death to be ranked 3rd in our conference in the preseason poll.

We could win Friday, and should be preseason #1 next season, and pretty good the year after.

Gate I am glad El Dorado looks good the next few years, as Lake Hamilton does also. It would take all the fun and excitement out of the rivalry otherwise  ;D
Two well-coached teams. We do have Greenwood moving up, and you know the tradition they have. They are losing a LOT after this year though.

But as far as LH goes, lots of folks dont believe me but I have the utmost respect for Coach Clay and the program. I moved here in 2008 and smack-talked my way into many friendships that I value today (despite losing in the title game that year).
All the trash talk (both on here and off of here; I'm actually doing a lot more off the board) is all in fun, win or lose.

Frankly I have a ball being what is likely the only diehard Wildcat fan in Garland County...;D

THA TRUTH

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on November 30, 2011, 04:39:07 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 30, 2011, 04:13:01 pm
im pretty sure u got the point of what i said but u got to try and get at me cause apparently ur one of the stupid fans that got upset at that obvious roughing the kicker flag

What the fans AND Coach Reed were upset with was we got flagged for running into the kicker on the first one....the one he missed...which gave him another try. We ran into him again on the second try....the one he MADE...and the ref doesn't throw the flag this time. If it was a foul the first time, why not the second time. That is what Reed was asking him, and why he got booed from the home side.

well i can see that but the crowd got in an uproar right after the first kick and prolly the reason it wasnt calld the second time cause it was clearly a flop by the kicker

milomattox

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2011, 06:38:54 pm
Quote from: milomattox on November 30, 2011, 06:26:35 pm

LOL!!!!

Two well-coached teams. We do have Greenwood moving up, and you know the tradition they have. They are losing a LOT after this year though.

But as far as LH goes, lots of folks don't believe me but I have the utmost respect for Coach Clay and the program. I moved here in 2008 and smack-talked my way into many friendships that I value today (despite losing in the title game that year).
All the trash talk (both on here and off of here; I'm actually doing a lot more off the board) is all in fun, win or lose.

Frankly I have a ball being what is likely the only diehard Wildcat fan in Garland County...;D
Yes Greenwood will bring a power house to the 6A, but the more really great teams with tradition we have the better.  Firmly believe to "be the man you have to beat the man". And El Dorado is the two time defending state champions so I am glad we have to beat a well coached and talented team in WM to earn the state championship.  Which to do so we have to play our most complete game of the year. I think it will be tight and back and forth but in the end I believe we (wolves)  will prevail. But win or lose both teams and communties should be proud of what these young men have accomplished this year.

thebigshot

Jerrydj.

Lake Hamilton would do anything to be in El Dorado's shoes right now. When was the last time any team in the state has done what El Dorado has the past 4 years? Coach Reed has turned El Dorado from two back to back 3-7 seasons to one of the greatest in 6A.  Like I said before, El Dorado has owned Lake Hamilton since 2000. El Dorado lead the series 9-5.  When was the last time Lake Hamilton done what El Dorado has done the past 4 years? Oh they haven't. El Dorado is the new Ft. Smith Southside in 6A.

THA TRUTH

what eldorado has done is impressive but i think its more impressive that its all about the 6a south this is the 4th year its been an all south championship

THA TRUTH

i believe it spand even further than that though i might be wrong

Gridiron1125

By the way the 6A State Champion Home team practiced on their home field today and are ready to welcome the stray wild kittens to the LH home stadium this Weekend!!
Ok little kittys get ready for the Wolf pack to chew you up and spit you out!!
They are ready to claim their State Championship  they have already beat you at you home now you get to play in their's!!!! You can run for cover but the Wolves hunt in packs and leave no prisoners!!! The Wolves will own WMS on Friday nightl!! And yes we all know these Eldorado kids have watched their older brothers and cousins & upper classmen win but this year they have to play the game !
They will get to watch a championship team play again this year but it will be LH. Tell them to keep good notes for next year. >:(

thebigshot

Jerry Clay Head Football Coach for Lake Hamilton statement after the El Dorado game earlier this year....

"I hope we don't see El Dorado again, if we do it's in Little Rock, They are a great football team. They had me worried all night." 

Gridiron1125

Yes I totally agree  Coach Clay is a very nice guy and always is a quick to say that after he beats folks !!! He would have said the same thing about about half the teams they played this year!!
I 100%  agree he is a very good guy !!! So what is your point??

Quote from: thebigshot on November 30, 2011, 10:01:40 pm

Jerry Clay Head Football Coach for Lake Hamilton statement after the El Dorado game earlier this year....

"I hope we don't see El Dorado again, if we do it's in Little Rock, They are a great football team. They had me worried all night."

thebigshot

Why was your coach worry and why did your coach make an statement like that? I find your answer to be a bunch of BS. Why don't you make a better excuse next time.  7 Words that came out of his mouth was, "I Hope We Don't See El Dorado Again." You and jery mouse want to sit here and run your mouth all you want about how LH has already won the 6A state championship. The game hasn't been played yet. LH may have won it all on paper, but where I come from football is played on the field.

gatecrasher

Quote from: Gridiron1125 on November 30, 2011, 08:51:59 pm
By the way the 6A State Champion Home team practiced on their home field today and are ready to welcome the stray wild kittens to the LH home stadium this Weekend!!
They are ready to claim their State Championship  they have already beat you at you home now you get to play in their's!!!! You can run for cover but the Wolves hunt in packs and leave no prisoners!!! The Wolves will own WMS on Friday nightl!! And yes we all know these Eldorado kids have watched their older brothers and cousins & upper classmen win but this year they have to play the game !
They will get to watch a championship team play again this year but it will be LH. Tell them to keep good notes for next year. >:(

Yall may be the designated home team, but rest assured, this is our turf. Our fans will outnumber yall's despite Hot Springs being only 45 minutes away.

Dont believe me? Ask Har-Ber about last season. It is a 5 hour drive from El Dorado to Springdale and we outnumbered their fans almost 2 to 1.

You can BS others on this board, but you ain't BSing me. You can take that "our home field" crap to someone that will fall for it. WMS is our house. We dont care about the designated home and away teams.

wildcatgreat

We have had the best attendance out of every classification the last three years.

Valleysports

QuoteIt is a 5 hour drive from El Dorado to Springdale and we outnumbered their fans almost 2 to 1.

haha, I was at that game also - visiting friends on both sides of the stadium.  Hard to BS a BS'r!  ;D

LH_DAD

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2011, 10:37:46 pm

Yall may be the designated home team, but rest assured, this is our turf. Our fans will outnumber yall's despite Hot Springs being only 45 minutes away.

Dont believe me? Ask Har-Ber about last season. It is a 5 hour drive from El Dorado to Springdale and we outnumbered their fans almost 2 to 1.

You can BS others on this board, but you ain't BSing me. You can take that "our home field" crap to someone that will fall for it. WMS is our house. We dont care about the designated home and away teams.
It's a neutral field.  It wouldn't matter if these teams played in Grubbs, it would still be a good game.  Both teams will be well represented at WMS.  I'm pretty sure that you had more people in the stands than we did earlier in the year...didn't make any difference.

-Mark-

Here's a brief write up on Friday's game from 501 LIFE. It's more LH-centered, because the magazine focuses on teams in the 501.

http://www.501lifemag.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1427&Itemid=29

gatecrasher

Predictions?

All smack aside, we knew this time was coming, and now it's here. The two unquestioned best teams in 6A. Each has had a close call in the playoffs, but it's the playoffs...it is to be expected.

Just like last time, key to this game is whose defense limits the others' big plays. Last time it was the Wolves who came out on top in an entertaining game.

This time the wildcard is El Dorado RB Marque Burris (2044 yds and 25 TDs). He was hurt on the first play in the last game between these teams and despite rushing for 133 yds, didn't have the burst hitting the hole. Took him three weeks to get back to full speed but ever since then has been on a tear, with nearly 600 yds the first three playoff games.

Look for him to assert himself early and do what he does best, which is gash opposing defenses. It will open up everything else in the Wildcats' arsenal.

Three in a row, and their place in history....

El Dorado 31-24

xtremewildcat

I agree with Gate. But it will be more running than everyone is expecting. Therefor, the score will be:
ED  24
LH  21

But irregardless. I still will be tickled to death Sunday, when I go to church!

Gridiron1125

So does that mean you are going to be cheering for the HOME team ;D
Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2011, 10:37:46 pm

commonsense

Quote from: thebigshot on November 30, 2011, 10:22:55 pm
Why was your coach worry and why did your coach make an statement like that? I find your answer to be a bunch of BS. Why don't you make a better excuse next time.  7 Words that came out of his mouth was, "I Hope We Don't See El Dorado Again." You and jery mouse want to sit here and run your mouth all you want about how LH has already won the 6A state championship. The game hasn't been played yet. LH may have won it all on paper, but where I come from football is played on the field.

Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 30, 2011, 06:40:05 pm
Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on November 30, 2011, 04:39:07 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on November 30, 2011, 04:13:01 pm
im pretty sure u got the point of what i said but u got to try and get at me cause apparently ur one of the stupid fans that got upset at that obvious roughing the kicker flag

What the fans AND Coach Reed were upset with was we got flagged for running into the kicker on the first one....the one he missed...which gave him another try. We ran into him again on the second try....the one he MADE...and the ref doesn't throw the flag this time. If it was a foul the first time, why not the second time. That is what Reed was asking him, and why he got booed from the home side.

well i can see that but the crowd got in an uproar right after the first kick and prolly the reason it wasnt calld the second time cause it was clearly a flop by the kicker
THE TRUTH  LH"s kicker didnt dress out the next week because of the hits ,,,Yes hits he took at ElDo !

Billyo62

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 01, 2011, 10:50:38 am
Predictions?

All smack aside, we knew this time was coming, and now it's here. The two unquestioned best teams in 6A. Each has had a close call in the playoffs, but it's the playoffs...it is to be expected.

Just like last time, key to this game is whose defense limits the others' big plays. Last time it was the Wolves who came out on top in an entertaining game.

This time the wildcard is El Dorado RB Marque Burris (2044 yds and 25 TDs). He was hurt on the first play in the last game between these teams and despite rushing for 133 yds, didn't have the burst hitting the hole. Took him three weeks to get back to full speed but ever since then has been on a tear, with nearly 600 yds the first three playoff games.

Look for him to assert himself early and do what he does best, which is gash opposing defenses. It will open up everything else in the Wildcats' arsenal.

El Dorado 31-24

Burris sounds like a major weapon... Jeez..

gatecrasher

Quote from: Billyo62 on December 01, 2011, 12:51:57 pm
Predictions?

El Dorado 31-24

He is a smaller version of Tearris Wallace. He doesn't quite have the top-end speed of Wallace, but he hits the hole in a flash, and rarely gets brought down by the first defender he contacts.

Billyo62

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 01, 2011, 12:58:16 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on December 01, 2011, 12:51:57 pm
Predictions?

El Dorado 31-24

He is a smaller version of Tearris Wallace. He doesn't quite have the top-end speed of Wallace, but he hits the hole in a flash, and rarely gets brought down by the first defender he contacts.

Sounds like an Anthony Blackmon of 2007...  hit holes quick and if you don't get a hold of him...he be gone...man he was fun to watch...  Terrace is NOTHING like AB,  good just not the same.. 

paraloma

Keep it civil.

No need in the meet-me-face-to-face-e-tough-guy.

thebigshot

keep it civil? Really? I know your a moderator and all and doing your job. All we are doing is getting on each others nerves. That's part of it, this is a message board, we going to talk trash and stuff may get heated at times but we do have the common sense to know when it's going to far. It hasn't got to that yet, and I'm sure it wont.   I knew it was just a matter of time before a moderator got on here and say something about all the comments being on here. I'm sorry but if somebody get's too offended by what I say on here then, they got problems. This is all for fun and nothing else. When people talk about me, I don't worry about it or whine about it. I just laugh. I think that's what most people should do anyway on here but they don't.  No wonder the world is in the shape it's in now because people are too easily offended by simple things.

paraloma

Quote from: thebigshot on December 01, 2011, 03:57:16 pm
keep it civil? Really? I know your a moderator and all and doing your job. All we are doing is getting on each others nerves. That's part of it, this is a message board, we going to talk trash and stuff may get heated at times but we do have the common sense to know when it's going to far. It hasn't got to that yet, and I'm sure it wont.   I knew it was just a matter of time before a moderator got on here and say something about all the comments being on here. I'm sorry but if somebody get's too offended by what I say on here then, they got problems. This is all for fun and nothing else. When people talk about me, I don't worry about it or whine about it. I just laugh. I think that's what most people should do anyway on here but they don't.  No wonder the world is in the shape it's in now because people are too easily offended by simple things.

Don't offer to meet someone face to face. That can be misconstrued as a threat.

Savvy?

Valleysports

gatecrasher

Less than 24 hours from kickoff, and the Wildcats joining some elite company.

GO CATS GO!!!

milomattox

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 01, 2011, 07:43:17 pm

GO CATS GO!!!
Aw shucks Gate glad you consider us Elite since you will be joining us at War Memorial. Too Bad you wont be able to 3 peat but ED has had a great run ;D

Go Wolves!! Power of the Pack

gatecrasher

Quote from: milomattox on December 01, 2011, 07:55:57 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on December 01, 2011, 07:43:17 pm

GO CATS GO!!!
Aw shucks Gate glad you consider us Elite since you will be joining us at War Memorial. Too Bad you wont be able to 3 peat but ED has had a great run ;D

Go Wolves!! Power of the Pack
Our seniors are 36-3, besting last year's seniors for the winningest 3 yr period in school history.

It is extremely difficult to not only beat the team in front of you, but tradition as well. These kids will not be denied tomorrow night. Throw that regular season game out the window.

jerrydg

After tommorrow Eldo can brag about the 36 and 4 winning streak and the win over Harbor.

gatecrasher

Quote from: jerrydg on December 01, 2011, 10:18:22 pm
After tommorrow Eldo can brag about the 36 and 4 winning streak and the win over Harbor.
NOPE.
It's time you know your place. Second place.

We're gonna win the game...guarandamnteed. On our terms. Burris will have a big night (without getting hurt) and will be named the MVP. Also, we won't be committing false starts every other play and giving away free field goals by hitting the dang kicker.

We've built a lot of tradition in 4 short years. You have to compete against that factor too.

wildcatgreat

it would we be nice if we could get a little credit for what we've done. we have done things teams only dream wish To do.

thebigshot

Quote from: wildcatgreat on December 01, 2011, 10:48:25 pm
it would we be nice if we could get a little credit for what we've done. we have done things teams only dream wish To do.

We can win 10 state championships in a row. You will still have people on here not giving credit to us.  I'm used to it, let them hate us or all that. If your being talked about your doing something right.

You would think after 4 trips in a row to little rock, that would happen but no. It's because it's El Dorado. If the team was Benton, Lake Hamilton, Jacksonville, etc. it would be a different story.

commonsense

LH_DAD

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 01, 2011, 10:27:37 pm
NOPE.

We're gonna win the game...guarandamnteed. On our terms. Burris will have a big night (without getting hurt) and will be named the MVP. Also, we won't be committing false starts every other play and giving away free field goals by hitting the dang kicker.

We've built a lot of tradition in 4 short years. You have to compete against that factor too.
The only thing that you can guarantee is that the game starts at 7:00 pm tomorrow.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

I will say this. Unlike Gate, I don't make guarantees when it's involving teenagers!  ;D. HOWEVER...I saw the guys tonight. I saw something in their eyes that has been missing all year. I DO guarantee this...they will bring a level of intensity to the game tomorrow night that has not been there all year, and that is bad news for the Wolves.  Good luck to both teams, I can't wait!

thebigshot

Well, least we all know who CH. 7 is going for. They have been covering Lake Hamilton all week. It was yesterday and now today again on their little QB.  I'm sure there going to be some people falling off the wolf wagon after the game.

paraloma

Quote from: thebigshot on December 01, 2011, 10:48:10 pm
OMG REALLY?!?! Nothing serious or something to be worry about if you think so, then BAN ME, okay?  You don't run me or tell me how to live my life.   

YOU PEOPLE ON HERE TAKE THINGS SO SERIOUS, AND THE WRONG WAY. THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD.   If there wasn't too many liberals in this world like yourself, we wouldn't be in the mess like we are  in now. I will be missed if you do.  Do you think I care if you do or not? No, because I don't live on fearless friday like most of these people do. I only come during football season and that's it. After football season you won't see me again until next year.  When will people on here stop being soft for once? If that's how we all want to teach the kids today then go ahead, then its going be trouble if you take that road.

This is my 5th post on the 6A board. You are too dramatic.

gatecrasher

Quote from: thebigshot on December 02, 2011, 01:42:28 am
Well, least we all know who CH. 7 is going for. They have been covering Lake Hamilton all week. It was yesterday and now today again on their little QB.  I'm sure there going to be some people falling off the wolf wagon after the game.

If Bijhon Jackson knocks him silly a couple of times then that will take care of that....

We get pressure on him and his throws become erratic. Pine Bluff was able to pressure him into two first half picks.

gatecrasher

Quote from: LH_DAD on December 01, 2011, 11:22:03 pm
NOPE.

The only thing that you can guarantee is that the game starts at 7:00 pm tomorrow.
No. We are going to win. You may need to sit down and review Gate's last three years on here.

Dont bet against me. Odds are you will lose. Our place with some elite company is there for the taking, and we're gonna take it.

El Dorado becomes only the 7th team in the modern playoff era to win three straight state titles with a win tonight.

Gate gets to celebrate....again...;D

Texarkana_Piggie

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

On paper, these two teams match up evenly down the line, except maybe at running back.  If I was LH, my biggest concern would be the fact the Eldo has nothing to lose in this game.  We have back-to-back trophys, been there 3 straight years.  We are the underdogs.  We were not supposed to be back there this  year. LH is the conf. champ. This is supposed to be LH's year to win it, but none of their players have ever been to the big game, unless they were Freshmen that moved up that week.  Our kids have been there 4  years in a row.  Pressure is on LH.  Just don't choke!  ;D

LH_DAD

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 02, 2011, 07:54:43 am
NOPE.

No. We are going to win. You may need to sit down and review Gate's last three years on here.

Dont bet against me. Odds are you will lose. Our place with some elite company is there for the taking, and we're gonna take it.

El Dorado becomes only the 7th team in the modern playoff era to win three straight state titles with a win tonight.

Only 1 problem...you have been wrong about Lake Hamilton most of the year.  Remember all of the things that you said were gonna happen last time?  FAIL

LH_DAD

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 02, 2011, 07:50:12 am
Quote from: thebigshot on December 02, 2011, 01:42:28 am

If Bijhon Jackson knocks him silly a couple of times then that will take care of that....

We get pressure on him and his throws become erratic. Pine Bluff was able to pressure him into two first half picks.
You crack me up Gate.  He is a very experienced kid that is a cool cucumber.  His problem last week was in mechanics and that was corrected this in practice.

milomattox

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on December 01, 2011, 11:43:18 pm
I will say this. Unlike Gate, I don't make guarantees when it's involving teenagers!  ;D. HOWEVER...I saw the guys tonight. I saw something in their eyes that has been missing all year. I DO guarantee this...they will bring a level of intensity to the game tomorrow night that has not been there all year, and that is bad news for the Wolves.  Good luck to both teams, I can't wait!
Great post Purple Cat nice to see someone else on here that realizes this is a game played by teenagers with an oblong ball that tends to bounce in different directions. I have no doubt BOTH teams are pumped up, determined, well coached and talented. Almost a shame that one team will lose tonight..........but I gotta say I believe my wolves will win tonight over an El Dorado team that has represented not only the 6A south but the 6A with alot of class and obviously success 4th trip to War Memorial in a row! Their run started with a loss to Lake Hamilton then two state championships.  Time to end this chapter though and book end their run like it started with a loss to Lake Hamilton. (But no guarantee here it is an oblong ball  ;D)

LH4EVER

Hey Gate. its me its me. I remember you and I having all these battles on here just a few years ago. I bet against you and we came home with the ring. I will have to bet against you again tonight. Maroon and gold runs deep.
But for all the people getting a little mad on here get over it. Gate and a few of us other posters that year meet for the first time at the championship game and have been friends ever since.
When LH won state that year gate and i were texting the whole game while he was enjoying his crow but he handled it very well as the game ended and LH was The Champions. I still see the ring everyweek.
Note to the Dads win or lose if they are selling the Champions coins buy one and carry it with you everyday. This is a big highlight in your son's life and this coin will remind you all the time of a great season. It will all change when they go to college.
LH 31
El Do 21
GO WOLVES!

xxSARGExx10x4

lets go wolves bring home the title and get my sis a state ring boys good luck

td24

I'm surprised that anyone is that confident in winning this game.  It's a coin toss just like the first game; however, I'm surprised that LH won since ED had home field advantage.  Clearly, the attendance won't play a role in how the game is played or ED would have won the first time.

There are 2 advantages that are on ED's side:

• It is very difficult to beat a "good" team twice in one season
  • The QB for this season, and recent past seasons, know the offense better than most in the state for obvious reasons

That being said.  ED has more to lose.  If they do, ED should not have any excuses...period.
It will be a close game that will probably come down to the last second.  For that reason, this game is a PUSH.  Let the game play out and stop the trash talking.  Watching this game will be an event.

gatecrasher

Quote from: LH_DAD on December 02, 2011, 09:19:54 am
Quote from: gatecrasher on December 02, 2011, 07:54:43 am
NOPE.

Only 1 problem...you have been wrong about Lake Hamilton most of the year.  Remember all of the things that you said were gonna happen last time?  FAIL
I was wrong once....yall beat us in October.
I won't be wrong tonght.
TRADITION. You will be going up against that too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas