• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5-0 Devils shut dem up again

Started by fastdrop, September 24, 2011, 08:05:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fastdrop

September 24, 2011, 08:05:58 am Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:56:02 pm by fastdrop
Bring it on ---

2 go in

one comes out ---

Something inside of me says it is the Pats turn.  But I am picking BIG Blue by 14.

True Believer

Should be a great game!   Go Marion Patriots!!!!

westmem

Come on big blue take care of them pats

Mr_Deb

well my, my... westmem guess you weren't as excited about this week as I suspected.

Lets just put everything behind Marion and start a new again, even though you stole a bit of walmart/kroger money from WM we still wish you a great game this week with great success this post season and I tell ya' what we just love ya' to death over here brother....

Go devils!

Big Abner

kody frasure leads the devils over his former team in a thrilling 35 to 15 win.......West Memphis Defense is just to tough for Marion they haven't played a team yet like West Memphis and we keep getting better each week...I could turn out to be a blow out if Marion isn't sharp....

MarionTiger

West Memphis hasn't seen anything as exotic as the Marion offense this year.  With all of our multiple formations, motion, and ultra-option looks, it will be very difficult for WM to tell what we're doing.  It's not like we're just going to line up and run the ball between the ends in the same set over and over.  Oh wait...  yes it is.

However, we're pretty good at it.  As usual, I give WM the edge, and there's always the possibility that if Marion comes out flat WM could run away with it.  But I think this year may be different.  Either way, I don't see a big score unless WM passing game is really sharp.

dh28

should be a good game this maybe the pats year ill take the pats whats the running backs name and has he had any offers

chilly gilly

q_dog_06

West Memphis offense will have to put up points just to beat da pats...I like Marion in a upset 28-24

westmem

fastdrop

Quote from: MarionTiger on September 25, 2011, 10:45:08 am
West Memphis hasn't seen anything as exotic as the Marion offense this year.  With all of our multiple formations, motion, and ultra-option looks, it will be very difficult for WM to tell what we're doing.  It's not like we're just going to line up and run the ball between the ends in the same set over and over.  Oh wait...  yes it is.

However, we're pretty good at it.  As usual, I give WM the edge, and there's always the possibility that if Marion comes out flat WM could run away with it.  But I think this year may be different.  Either way, I don't see a big score unless WM passing game is really sharp.
You don't see a big score and GCT scored 50 something points on Marion. I figure Marion better score every time they have the ball.

barberkev

nice post!!!   sure be every interesting to see how this game turns out!!

Mr_Deb

hoopswatcher

Marion gets their first win over WM this year(but I have made that statement the last 4 years) . Not gonna predict a score but hope for a good game. WM couldn't stop Tre last yr and the same will hold true this yr. He may be the best back in 6A. Hope for no turnovers or big plays from the Blue Devils and keep it close till the 4th qtr and then hope we can pull it out late. Good Luck to both teams and stay healthy.

BTW-SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL THE WM FANS MAKING THE LONG DRIVE TO THE GAME!!!

redwolf143

West Memphis by several scores.  Marion has an excellent offense but a poor defense.  You're not going to score every time against the Blue Devils.  The Devils offense will score often enough to bolster the strong defense.  55-38 West Memphis.

Not sure I'll drive up, it's a bit far.

hoopswatcher

Quote from: redwolf143 on September 26, 2011, 09:56:53 am
West Memphis by several scores.  Marion has an excellent offense but a poor defense.  You're not going to score every time against the Blue Devils.  The Devils offense will score often enough to bolster the strong defense.  55-38 West Memphis.

Not sure I'll drive up, it's a bit far.

Everyone is saying that Marion has a poor defense and I understand that assumption. We have givin up alot of points but to teams who have spread us out and thrown the ball. Wynne 33 times, GCT 42 times and not sure about how many times searcy threw it but they did throw it alot. Marion and most of the teams in the 6a east have had problems with spread teams and teams that throw it alot. Marion in particular has had problems with very mobile qb's. With either Frasure or Dausch, neither would be considered VERY mobile.. Unless WM completely changes their offensive scheme they wont come anywhere close to throwing it much. WM has not seen a team that will try and run the ball right at them, thats what Marion will try and do. I understand that the WM D is good and always is, but from some friends in WM they are not as good on the interior as they have been. I look for Marion to run right at them between the tackles. I think they can be sucessfull doing that. If WM interior line plays well it will be a long night for the Patriots because getting outside on WM isnt going to happen.

72364Devil

Good Luck to both teams for a safe, good ball game.  I am picking my Devils (as always). 

Baitshop

I don't think that you can put "WM passing game" and "really sharp" in the same sentence.....

Stop #39 and #28 and you win going away....

fastdrop

WM has not seen a team that will try and run the ball right at them

Bait --- SS has really fallien off the chart this year. Good old Hoops doesn't even think you guys have a running game anymore...  ;D

True Believer

Quote from: Baitshop on September 26, 2011, 11:08:15 am

I don't think that you can put "WM passing game" and "really sharp" in the same sentence.....

Kinda the pot calling the kettle black?

Big Abner

September 26, 2011, 03:40:00 pm #20 Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:50:25 pm by Big Abner
Quote from: hoopswatcher on September 26, 2011, 08:58:36 am
Marion gets their first win over WM this year(but I have made that statement the last 4 years) . Not gonna predict a score but hope for a good game. WM couldn't stop Tre last yr and the same will hold true this yr. He may be the best back in 6A. Hope for no turnovers or big plays from the Blue Devils and keep it close till the 4th qtr and then hope we can pull it out late. Good Luck to both teams and stay healthy.

BTW-SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL THE WM FANS MAKING THE LONG DRIVE TO THE GAME!!!
Hoops we haven't agreed on anything i think...but we do this time...that its a great game that cross town rivials should have...I admit i have some hard feelings toward the admin and one on staff.....but its over with and my kid will play next year and is doing great...so with that said...hope all players come out of this safe and we win in a thriller

Big Abner

Quote from: Baitshop on September 26, 2011, 11:08:15 am

Bait don't you have some sweeping and cooking to do ....lol shame you had to make that long trip for nothing Saturday...i heard..should  stayed home and watched the real Unversity play..

Big Abner

Don't be surprised to see Frasure throw the ball 20 times.....he has a rocket...and Kody D can catch anything close to him...

Big Abner

Hoops you have valid point about running between the tackles on us.....if Coach D doesn't make those adjustments Franklin could get tired from running up and down the field all night...that man is a great one....franklin that is...

Big Abner

Quote from: Big Abner on September 26, 2011, 03:47:19 pm
Hoops you have valid point about running between the tackles on us.....if Coach D doesn't make those adjustments Franklin could get tired from running up and down the field all night...that man is a great one....franklin that is...
WITH THAT

WEST MEMPHIS 38

MARION             22

hoopswatcher

Quote from: Big Abner on September 26, 2011, 03:44:36 pm
Don't be surprised to see Frasure throw the ball 20 times.....he has a rocket...and Kody D can catch anything close to him...

20 times??? c'mon man and you expect us to believe that. I dont think either one of our coaches knows 5 pass plays lol  let alone throw it 20 times. that is wishful thing on your part.

ricepig

I'm thinking he was getting confused on this season's stats, I could see 20 passing attempts.

westmem

It's going to be a smash mouth down the middle game
WM 35
Pats 28

Big Abner

Quote from: ricepig on September 26, 2011, 04:15:53 pm
I'm thinking he was getting confused on this season's stats, I could see 20 passing attempts.
ricepig i told perry to ban you from all games ..lol saw him at the game Saturday...and he is here in WM with the JV ...my boy told him it would be a long ride back tonight..lol

Big Abner

Quote from: hoopswatcher on September 26, 2011, 04:05:01 pm
Quote from: Big Abner on September 26, 2011, 03:44:36 pm

20 times??? c'mon man and you expect us to believe that. I dont think either one of our coaches knows 5 pass plays lol  let alone throw it 20 times. that is wishful thing on your part.
lol hoops i didn't say we knew that many pass plays don't screens count anymore..lol....

ricepig

Didn't know we even still played JV, I haven't watched one since 08'. We can't afford to ban anyone from games, they need all the fans to come, even those that complain, haha.

Big Abner

Quote from: ricepig on September 26, 2011, 06:03:12 pm
Didn't know we even still played JV, I haven't watched one since 08'. We can't afford to ban anyone from games, they need all the fans to come, even those that complain, haha.
yeah and it was a good game....Jonesboro brought juniors and it was a WM win 6-0 on TD Pass...yeah we passed it..lol Jonesboro had some big boys out there a couple close to my kids size....we come up there to play them n a few weeks on a monday night again....

PatriotMom

Here's my take on the game:

Marion wins big 38 to 14

Here's why!!!!!
OFFENSE
QB - advantage marion no question

RB - not even close. Marion has more depth.

Line - even

Rec- it doesn't matter neither team's receivers are going to get any opportunities, Marion's do block better though

SPECIAL TEAMS
even

DEFENSE

Line - Advantage Marion. WM too small

LB's - even

DB- Slight advantage Marion

fallfanatic99

Is this an honest evaluation, or just how you see it PatriotMom?  Have you watched WM play this year?

Quote from: PatriotMom on September 26, 2011, 11:33:00 pm

Marion wins big 38 to 14

Here's why!!!!!
OFFENSE

Line - even

Rec- it doesn't matter neither team's receivers are going to get any opportunities, Marion's do block better though

SPECIAL TEAMS
even

DEFENSE

LB's - even

True Believer

Good to see you on here PatrtiotMom.  We have missed you. 

WTD

All matchups out the door... It's Marion vs West Memphis. It's gonna be a dog fight out their Friday night. A lot of Franklin and Carpenter/Cody D. train wrecks gonna happen. Marion has one of the highest scoring offenses in the state while West Memphis just came off a huge win of SS. A lot of confidence coming from both teams. West Memphis expects to beat Marion while Marion WANTS to beat West Memphis. I know there will try to be some points proved Friday night, will Marion bow their chest up or will they let West Memphis run over them? Goodluck to both teams Friday night. The team that is meant to win will...

72364Devil

The reason why mom's should not talk about football lol

Marion wins big 38 to 14

Here's why!!!!!
OFFENSE
QB - advantage marion no question (must be your kid, we have 3 better than him)

RB - not even close. Marion has more depth. (Yes Marion may have the best RB in the state, but depth no, WM can run 10-12 at you)

Line - even (Maybe, they are both pretty bad)

Rec- it doesn't matter neither team's receivers are going to get any opportunities, Marion's do block better though.  Wrong, we can and will throw the football some.  Remember two years ago when Cody Dauksch lit you up as a 10th grader receiving the ball

SPECIAL TEAMS
even True, again we both are not very good in this area

DEFENSE

Line - Advantage Marion. WM too small WM is small, but quick.  Get ready to meet Jarvis Cooper

LB's - even I will give Carpenter and Dauksch the edge for WM.  The Soto kid is good, and a great kid I know him well, but two years of experience for the WM boys says a lot.

DB- Slight advantage Marion  Won't be a factor when Marion does not throw the ball.  I would however not want to be a safety for WM if Franklin gets a head of steam.  Same goes for Marion if Cooper gets in the open field

I have nothing negative to say about the Patriots.  I know many of these kids and their parents and I look forward to a good game, but I think depth and numbers will be the Patriots downfall late in the game.  Marion has not really stopped anyone yet, however WM had many good stops against a strong 7A team in Fort Smith.  Good Luck to both teams and all players.

WTD

Quote from: 72364Devil on September 27, 2011, 10:51:56 am
The reason why mom's should not talk about football lol

Marion wins big 38 to 14

Here's why!!!!!
OFFENSE
QB - advantage marion no question (must be your kid, we have 3 better than him)

RB - not even close. Marion has more depth. (Yes Marion may have the best RB in the state, but depth no, WM can run 10-12 at you)

Line - even (Maybe, they are both pretty bad)

Rec- it doesn't matter neither team's receivers are going to get any opportunities, Marion's do block better though.  Wrong, we can and will throw the football some.  Remember two years ago when Cody Dauksch lit you up as a 10th grader receiving the ball

SPECIAL TEAMS
even True, again we both are not very good in this area

DEFENSE

Line - Advantage Marion. WM too small WM is small, but quick.  Get ready to meet Jarvis Cooper

LB's - even I will give Carpenter and Dauksch the edge for WM.  The Soto kid is good, and a great kid I know him well, but two years of experience for the WM boys says a lot.

DB- Slight advantage Marion  Won't be a factor when Marion does not throw the ball.  I would however not want to be a safety for WM if Franklin gets a head of steam.  Same goes for Marion if Cooper gets in the open field

I have nothing negative to say about the Patriots.  I know many of these kids and their parents and I look forward to a good game, but I think depth and numbers will be the Patriots downfall late in the game.  Marion has not really stopped anyone yet, however WM had many good stops against a strong 7A team in Fort Smith.  Good Luck to both teams and all players.

They have been able to stop teams in the second half, total of 24 points(besides that blunder of the tipped pass for a Searcy score with one second left)  I believe in four games have been given up in the second half.

Oldbomber

All I have to offer on this game is this, if West Memphis wins even by a big score it was expected (or should have been being they are the football gods in the conference) however if this is a tight game or god forbid Marion were to win, the Mississippi River would reverse and start flowing north.  The pressure for this game and for that matter any inferior (in their minds) opponent West Memphis may play this year from the east is squarely on their shoulders and based on the comments in the blog they're feeling it. Could we possibly envision WM beating SS yet lose a few conference games!

Big Abner

Quote from: Oldbomber on September 27, 2011, 06:14:46 pm
All I have to offer on this game is this, if West Memphis wins even by a big score it was expected (or should have been being they are the football gods in the conference) however if this is a tight game or god forbid Marion were to win, the Mississippi River would reverse and start flowing north.  The pressure for this game and for that matter any inferior (in their minds) opponent West Memphis may play this year from the east is squarely on their shoulders and based on the comments in the blog they're feeling it. Could we possibly envision WM beating SS yet lose a few conference games!
its no doubt a big game and a lot at stake....cross town rivials and coming in undefeated...at the first of the year i really thought Marion would finally win one but WM has come alive with an agressive defense we knew they had, but an offense that has performed much better than they looked early in the pre and opening games of the season....Hopefully it will be an entertaining game to watch.....but god help those devils they lose...they may never be the same to lose to Marion..but in all honesty i don't see it happing....WM actually can throw the ball  which will give them the edge with the defense....WM by 2 scores....

fastdrop

well said... This is the last year for awhile that WM has to play a schedule that dooms them... if they win all of them so what ....if they lose ... it is LOL.

Doveman

Should be a good one.

Blue Devils 29 - Patriots 24

Can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True Believer

Quote from: fastdrop on September 27, 2011, 06:27:37 pm
well said... This is the last year for awhile that WM has to play a schedule that dooms them... if they win all of them so what ....if they lose ... it is LOL.

Exactly.   I have been saying this for several years.  No one has expected Marion to beat WM.   But if Marion ever wins.  Good Golly Miss Molly!!!   We will be laughing at them for years to come.  Marion has nothing to lose by losing.  WM has everything to lose.  :)   And they all know it. 

westmem

You right but not this Friday ........and I heard y'all have some new business coming y'all way share the wealth with poor old westmemphis

Oldbomber

I see above talk of throwing the ball in this game while everyone knows that the running game is clearly the strength of both teams. West Memphis might have passed earlier this year but I'm told they're down to qb option 3 since 1 qb disappeared (haven't heard of an injury), qb 2 hurt his shoulder in the SS game so that leaves qb 3 who also happens to be the top receiver, sounds like it is going to be a ground and pound game with the occasional surprise pass play. This is Marions advantage as everyone knows what is coming yet nobobdy has stopped it, this week it will WM's turn to try & stop it. The misconception is that the Marion running game is one back (Tre Franklin) who is likely the best back in 6A but they had 3 other backs go over 100 yards rushing in the same game. I'd run the ball too if I had that much talent and depth in the backfield.

DEBO64ETOWN

whosyourdaddy

Marion-30
WM-28

but big question is the over and under on

1.The number of traffic tickets givin to West Memphians for no tail lights, drivers license or liability insurance.
2.The number of tickets writtin for having an OPEN 40oz in your lap on Hwy 77
3.How many blunts can be rolled and smoked from E Broadway in WM to Carter in Marion
4.How many of Judge Rainey's "pants on the ground" offenders will make the trip.

tuna fish

This should be an interesting game.  Can Marion put up the crazy stats against West Memphis?  Which West Memphis team will show up?  The "Blytheville" West Memphis or the "Southside" West Memphis?  This game is great for these two communities, and it would become even bigger if the game is consistently close.  Something like an "80-14" blowout (either way) wouldn't be much fun.

Big Abner

Quote from: whosyourdaddy on September 28, 2011, 04:16:54 pm
Marion-30
WM-28

but big question is the over and under on

1.The number of traffic tickets givin to West Memphians for no tail lights, drivers license or liability insurance.
2.The number of tickets writtin for having an OPEN 40oz in your lap on Hwy 77
3.How many blunts can be rolled and smoked from E Broadway in WM to Carter in Marion
4.How many of Judge Rainey's "pants on the ground" offenders will make the trip.
now that is just plain funny..lol only thing wrong is the score..lol 38-22 Devils

Quote from: Oldbomber on September 28, 2011, 01:45:14 pm
I see above talk of throwing the ball in this game while everyone knows that the running game is clearly the strength of both teams. West Memphis might have passed earlier this year but I'm told they're down to qb option 3 since 1 qb disappeared (haven't heard of an injury), qb 2 hurt his shoulder in the SS game so that leaves qb 3 who also happens to be the top receiver, sounds like it is going to be a ground and pound game with the occasional surprise pass play. This is Marions advantage as everyone knows what is coming yet nobobdy has stopped it, this week it will WM's turn to try & stop it. The misconception is that the Marion running game is one back (Tre Franklin) who is likely the best back in 6A but they had 3 other backs go over 100 yards rushing in the same game. I'd run the ball too if I had that much talent and depth in the backfield.
and Farsure is back could hacve played at Hall...throwing fine...so you will see some passing......

Big Abner

Marion wins big 38 to 14

Here's why!!!!!
OFFENSE

Line - even

SPECIAL TEAMS
even

DEFENSE

LB's - even

I want some that stuff you been smoking mom...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas