• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Mtn. Home Football

Started by thegotoguy_bomberman, July 06, 2011, 10:39:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thegotoguy_bomberman

Bomber_Believer

Even with the young talent coming up I'm afraid from what I've heard its going to be a repeat of 2010.  Not sold on the new coaching staff, or their methods.  But winning cures all so if they win ill be happy.  Otherwise it might already be time for a change.

SingleWingGuru

I'm gonna go really positive here and say... 3 wins.

ricepig

Valleysports

ricepig

I agree Valley, they don't like the trip up to the lake.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2011, 05:05:44 pm
Nettleton, Hall, and whom?

Wildcard.  I figure if some of the similar coaching shenanigans that happened last year, happen again this year... those kids will be playing for his job.

That'll probably slip them another win.

barberkev

B2 Stealth Bomber

Quote from: SingleWingGuru on July 07, 2011, 08:59:51 pm
Quote from: ricepig on July 07, 2011, 05:05:44 pm
Nettleton, Hall, and whom?

Wildcard.  I figure if some of the similar coaching shenanigans that happened last year, happen again this year... those kids will be playing for his job.

That'll probably slip them another win.

For someone that does not even live in MH you sure do seem to know a lot of the inner workings of the program.  Got you some spies?

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: B2 Stealth Bomber on July 08, 2011, 12:33:46 pm
Got you some spies?

For someone that lives there, you need to realize that everyone is a spy in a town, that isolated, of that size.

Unlike some who just want them to fail.  I WANT to be wrong.  I would bask in it.  I would come back here and eat crow, religiously, with a smile on my face.  I want them to succeed.

Unfortunately, they keep proving me right.  Which hurts. A lot.  Mostly because, I think a town like that, can really succeed... if given the opportunity.

Paint me as a hater.  The problem with that, is that when I'm right, it doesn't look like being a hater, it looks like I'm a realist.

MHballboy00

I'm very confident in Mtn. Home's improvement over the summer. They have had a record setting off-season in the weight room and I believe it will show on the field. Both their offense AND defense will be much stronger, confident and all-around better next year. I am going to go ahead and predict a 7-3 regular season. With wins against Nettleton, Harrison, Jacksonville, Marion, Hall, Parkview, and Searcy.

Peety

Mountain Home might win the state championship in 1A. MAYBE

Big Abner

Quote from: Valleysports on July 07, 2011, 05:14:51 pm
West Memphis
you and ricepig must have been at the 501 when you posted that..no chance for the bombers..

Big Abner

Quote from: Bomber_Believer on July 07, 2011, 12:13:36 am
Even with the young talent coming up I'm afraid from what I've heard its going to be a repeat of 2010.  Not sold on the new coaching staff, or their methods.  But winning cures all so if they win ill be happy.  Otherwise it might already be time for a change.
Barnhill should have been the new head coach...the kids love this guy...shame politics played a role in the choice..

B2 Stealth Bomber

Quote from: Big Abner on July 11, 2011, 09:31:41 pm
Barnhill should have been the new head coach...the kids love this guy...shame politics played a role in the choice..

How much longer you gonna ride this horse.  What's done is done.

I realize you played ball with Coach Barnhill but what do you know about Coach Mahan?  Have you met him?  Did you discuss the possibility of you moving up here since I seem to recall you were going to move your son to MH to play ball?  If your only information about Coach Mahan is coming from your relationship to Coach Barnhill is it not possible that he is biased since he feels like he should have gotten the job?

12thman_MH

I say the Bombers finish at least .500 this year. They've had a year to change systems and much get stronger.

12thman_MH

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: MHballboy00 on July 10, 2011, 09:15:39 pm
They have had a record setting off-season in the weight room

I call shenanigans.  Look at 2000 2001 ish.  They had Shane Collins, DePriest, Jared Walker, etc.  There is no way this team is anywhere near those guys in the weight room.

So you are either trying to puff us up, or you have no clue what you are talking about.  Bob Durr, DePriest, Collins, Walker, Epps, have LONG graduated.

Bomber_Believer

I think he means they broke their own records.  Sounds good but when you are as low as they were it might not be so impressive.

Big Abner

July 15, 2011, 11:32:01 pm #19 Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:35:57 pm by Big Abner
Quote from: B2 Stealth Bomber on July 12, 2011, 12:05:47 pm
Quote from: Big Abner on July 11, 2011, 09:31:41 pm

How much longer you gonna ride this horse.  What's done is done.

I realize you played ball with Coach Barnhill but what do you know about Coach Mahan?  Have you met him?  Did you discuss the possibility of you moving up here since I seem to recall you were going to move your son to MH to play ball?  If your only information about Coach Mahan is coming from your relationship to Coach Barnhill is it not possible that he is biased since he feels like he should have gotten the job?
I know other coaches in the league also that felt that way...but also cause i like mt homes area...was another reason to move there..and i talked to board members about it..

thegotoguy_bomberman

.500 at least.. Possibly a game or 2 better... No way this year will be a repeat of last year.. I feel a good year from the bombers. They have worked harder than any other team this summer and it will show when it comes to game time.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: thegotoguy_bomberman on July 16, 2011, 10:46:20 pm
.500 at least.. Possibly a game or 2 better...

Willing to put your humility where your mouth is?

Would you bet a shaved head, with pictures on here?

thegotoguy_bomberman

I'll bet a shaved head, bombers go .500 or better.  :P

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: thegotoguy_bomberman on July 17, 2011, 10:27:49 am

Alright, send me your name and phone number in a PM.  I'll call the baxter bulletin a week or two before the first game.  They'll cover it, they are all about stuff like that.

ricepig

Umm, pics or it didn't happen. For the record, I don't think MH will finish above .500 either. They'll be improved over last year, but 3-5 wins will max them out.

LH_DAD

Do you have any hair now?

fastdrop

Quote from: LH_DAD on July 17, 2011, 02:08:42 pm
Do you have any hair now?

I don't think he has hit puberty yet

bomber38

Quote from: SingleWingGuru on July 14, 2011, 11:11:26 pm

I call shenanigans.  Look at 2000 2001 ish.  They had Shane Collins, DePriest, Jared Walker, etc.  There is no way this team is anywhere near those guys in the weight room.

So you are either trying to puff us up, or you have no clue what you are talking about.  Bob Durr, DePriest, Collins, Walker, Epps, have LONG graduated.

the teams had a record board since then, and just about every records been broken this year, and many of them were by a large amount

thegotoguy_bomberman

I hit puberty around 3 weeks ago, thank you very much! Singlewing, you pm me and we can chat it up. I'm confident in my team.. No worries about my hair.

BlueDevilNow

Quote from: thegotoguy_bomberman on July 18, 2011, 12:08:06 pm
I hit puberty around 3 weeks ago, thank you very much! Singlewing, you pm me and we can chat it up. I'm confident in my team.. No worries about my hair.
hey i will even meet up with  you guys and do the cut !!! have clippers will travel just let me know

thegotoguy_bomberman

Quote from: BlueDevilNow on July 18, 2011, 07:40:53 pm
hey i will even meet up with  you guys and do the cut !!! have clippers will travel just let me know
Sorry, You werent invited.

BlueDevilNow

Big Abner

Quote from: thegotoguy_bomberman on July 18, 2011, 08:37:31 pm
Quote from: BlueDevilNow on July 18, 2011, 07:40:53 pm
Sorry, You werent invited.
yeah but he is the best barber in the conference and probably the state....but anybody can shave that head of yours..lol matter fact i will throw my hair into it..you guys win 4 games i will let you shave mine after WM beats in mercy rule....i hope you at least win one and that is the marion game..I do hope you guys do well..you have great weight room and nice field...and good trout fishing...

Big Abner

BlueDevilNow

barberkev

do it the right way and put the razor to it, clean shaved!!

Ballard is #1

Quote from: bomber38 on July 18, 2011, 12:00:45 pm

the teams had a record board since then, and just about every records been broken this year, and many of them were by a large amount

No they haven.t They got the record board put up when Coach Patrick came in. That was not in 2001. Those records on the board aren't actual records. They are records of the past 8 years or so.

Mainiac

The team as a whole is much stronger now than last year or, I guess, for the last 8 years.  Don't know.  Don't care.  Doesn't matter.  I've yet to see a football field with a squat rack at the 50. 

The important part is you are starting to learn what it means to "pay the price."  The team has demonstrated a different level of commitment and discipline than last year.  There is a different work ethic among much of the team.  I am hopeful they will show more fight than they did last year, and hold each other accountable for the effort shown on the field (both at practice and games). 

The coaching staff has gone/going thru some changes and they seem to be meshing better.  None of that means we will win a game, but it is more fun to watch them now than last year.

When you pay the price, do the work, and don't give up, good things happen.  Even in Mountain Home.

Goto - You have lots of hair.  I don't.  I wouldn't risk it.   ;) 

bomber38

Quote from: Ballard is #1 on July 22, 2011, 01:22:40 am
Quote from: bomber38 on July 18, 2011, 12:00:45 pm

No they haven.t They got the record board put up when Coach Patrick came in. That was not in 2001. Those records on the board aren't actual records. They are records of the past 8 years or so.

well unless they all squatted over 535 and benched more then 350 then fact still stands that new records have been set

SingleWingGuru

July 22, 2011, 11:36:08 am #39 Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:40:18 am by SingleWingGuru
Quote from: bomber38 on July 22, 2011, 09:21:10 am
well unless they all squatted over 535 and benched more then 350 then fact still stands that new records have been set

They benched well over 350.  The real records were the early 00's.  The fact those teams couldn't perform with people like that playing is sad, but they were ridiculously athletic.

thegotoguy_bomberman

You're probably right Mainiac! I wouldn't want to risk losing the hair.. Cause that would mean losing the girls too!!! I'm not sure I coud handle that.!! Either way, it's going to be a MUCH better season for the Bombers!! I'm ready to get after it.

12thman_MH

thegotoguy_bomberman

Bomber Fan

I am excited about Bomber football and more excited about the attitude of the team.  Proud to be a Bomber!
:)

Bomber_Believer

I went and checked out the scrimmage last week.  I saw a lot of good things.  Some really good runs by Tyler Starich, and Ethan Britt.  Sophomore QB Drake Walker shows great potential.  Made a few throws into tough coverage, but also made a few throws that would be possible pick six's.  He shows a lot of smarts moving in the pocket, and has pretty good speed to run in the option or as a last resort.  Recievers look like they can make some plays, and showed alot more consistant hands than last year.  Defensively there were a few really good hits by Linebacker Cole Barrow.  Can't say much about the rest of the D,  don't really know much about most of them at this point.  Looking forward to this weeks scrimmage to see the progress they are making.  As a whole they looked much better than I anticipated.  Maybe my first prediction n this thread was a little premature.  Time will tell, but looks better than I thought it would.

thegotoguy_bomberman

Quote from: Bomber_Believer on August 08, 2011, 08:51:00 pm
I went and checked out the scrimmage last week.  I saw a lot of good things.  Some really good runs by Tyler Starich, and Ethan Britt.  Sophomore QB Drake Walker shows great potential.  Made a few throws into tough coverage, but also made a few throws that would be possible pick six's.  He shows a lot of smarts moving in the pocket, and has pretty good speed to run in the option or as a last resort.  Recievers look like they can make some plays, and showed alot more consistant hands than last year.  Defensively there were a few really good hits by Linebacker Cole Barrow.  Can't say much about the rest of the D,  don't really know much about most of them at this point.  Looking forward to this weeks scrimmage to see the progress they are making.  As a whole they looked much better than I anticipated.  Maybe my first prediction n this thread was a little premature.  Time will tell, but looks better than I thought it would.
I would say that compared to last year.. we looked a WHOLE lot better. Huge improvement and cannot wait to see what we look like on Bomberfest.

Mainiac

I would like to agree that we looked better than last year, but that was our second day in pads. So, to me, it's just too soon to tell if we are better than last year. 

Pay the price, do the work, don't give up.  Win every snap.  At the end of the year, we will count the wins and losses and see how much we've improved.

thegotoguy_bomberman

It was definitely too early to tell. I think that Bomberfest and our scrimmage against central will foreshadow the season ahead and how much sucess we will have.

12thman_MH

I think its time to stop talking about past teams and what they did and focus on the future, yeah the Bombers went 1-9, so apparently that means they cant improve? They can and will. 6-4 regular season.

thebigshot

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas