• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Woodlawn Football

Started by Woodlawn#1, April 02, 2006, 02:25:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodlawn#1

What's everyone think of Woodlawn for next year??? Can we win our conference? How far will we go in the playoffs?

Go Bears!!!

Woodlawn#1

Woodlawn Bears 2006 Schedule:
9/1-Hampton-Away
9/8-Rison-Home
9/15-Norphlet-Away
9/22-Hermitage-Home
9/29-Altheimer-Home*
10/6-Dermott-Away*
10/13-OPEN
10/20-OPEN
10/27-Gillett-Away*
11/3-Marvell-Home*

* 8AA game

Coach Glover's looking to fill the open dates, if anyone wants some. ;D

RisonShiner

I feel sorry for Hermitage

bigdaddybear

bearden bears  has an open date for  game 7  don't know if woodlawn would want to play them or not.   bearden won't be a pushover this year.

GOING, GOING...GONE

Why do you feel sorry for Hermitage?

Dayton Kitchens

Woodlawn was steadily on the way to the playoffs last year until the Strong game.

Good luck this year.

Except for Week 3 of course.

Woodlawn#1

Quote from: RisonShiner on April 02, 2006, 03:07:12 pm
I feel sorry for Hermitage

Quote from: Whataplay3 on April 02, 2006, 05:27:33 pm
Why do you feel sorry for Hermitage?

Probably because Woodlawn's gonna slap the Hermits around in 2006! Won't be a contest!

givemeabreak

Woodlawn finally makes it to the playoffs......but by default....only 4 teams in the conference.

Perry_Mc

Didn't woodlawn talk about all this last year?  How they were going to be good and make it to the playoffs?  Guess what..........Didnt happen last year, so it wont happen this year!!!

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: The Water Boy on April 03, 2006, 11:32:32 am
Didn't woodlawn talk about all this last year? How they were going to be good and make it to the playoffs? Guess what..........Didnt happen last year, so it wont happen this year!!!

Its bound to happen.    Good coach.  Nice community.  Lots of support.

givemeabreak

Quote from: The Water Boy on April 03, 2006, 11:32:32 am
Didn't woodlawn talk about all this last year? How they were going to be good and make it to the playoffs? Guess what..........Didnt happen last year, so it wont happen this year!!!

Has to happen....every team in that conference will go to the playoffs....there are only 4.
Some rumors say that one other school in this conference might be closing also.

The-Bookie

Awesome, I was looking foreward to a game with Woodlawn...Looks like we got one for week 3 :-\

Woodlawn#1

Four teams left??? Count them your self: Woodlawn, Gillett, Altheimer, Dermott, and Marvell. Eudora went to Lake Village, and Elaine went to Marvell. Unless you know something I don't. So there's one team that won't make the playoffs.... But it won't be Woodlawn! I hope it's Altheimer, I'll laugh my butt off if they lose to Marvell. ;D

Woodlawn#1

Quote from: RisonWildcat4 on April 03, 2006, 05:16:35 pm
Altheimer SUCKS

I second that!

Anyone tried counting the teams in the new 8AA yet? Use your fingers if you have to.

chilly gilly

Make that three! The mighty badgers of Eudora beat the brakes off them last year. Goodbye E-TOWN!
Quote from: RisonWildcat4 on April 05, 2006, 12:13:26 am
Speaking of Althiemer..theres only been two teams to defeat them at thier home stadium since they started thier football program back up...RISON and WOODLAWN!

big E

Come on guys we are still talking about marvell.

game on

how many games did Woodlawn win this past season?

woodlawndad

Quote from: devilsadvocate on April 05, 2006, 02:45:20 pm

4, plus they beat Carlisle in a preseason Scrimmage game.

BUT,  They led at some point in every game this season.  And led in the second half in all but the Rison & Magnet Cove games.  They just had trouble Finishing Games.  They were VERY MUCH Improved........  Go Bears

bearalumni07

Quote from: Woodlawn#1 on April 02, 2006, 02:25:00 pm
What's everyone think of Woodlawn for next year??? Can we win our conference? How far will we go in the playoffs?

Go Bears!!!

we will win a bunch of games next season if we find a qb tough enough to play a whole game.  the ninth grader coming up sure wont be it.  yall watch we will beat some people

thebigshot

Quote from: woodlawndad on April 05, 2006, 05:31:26 pm

BUT, They led at some point in every game this season. And led in the second half in all but the Rison & Magnet Cove games. They just had trouble Finishing Games. They were VERY MUCH Improved........ Go Bears

Scrimmage games are not part of the season. They DO NOT count so they only won three games during the season 2005 season.

bearpapa

Quote from: TheBigShot on April 05, 2006, 07:53:18 pm
Quote from: woodlawndad on April 05, 2006, 05:31:26 pm

BUT, They led at some point in every game this season. And led in the second half in all but the Rison & Magnet Cove games. They just had trouble Finishing Games. They were VERY MUCH Improved........ Go Bears

Scrimmage games are not part of the season. They DO NOT count so they only won three games during the season 2005 season.

If you'll read his post NUMB-NUTS,  He says they won 4 plus the scrimmage game.  Not 4 including the Scrimmage Game.  Please try to keep up.   GEEZ

wildcat_x-mgr

If I'm not mistaken, they beat Horatio, Dermott, Hermitage, and of course, Altheimer. All their losses were close except Rison, which was the only away game they lost. Rison beat them 48-20 after being behind 7-0 in the first quarter. Eudora beat them 22-20 at Woodlawn, which came down to the last play, and Rison beat Eudora 23-16 at Eudora.

chilly gilly

in althiemer.
Quote from: RisonWildcat4 on April 05, 2006, 11:08:27 am
Quote from: chilly gilly on April 05, 2006, 08:47:29 am
Make that three! The mighty badgers of Eudora beat the brakes off them last year. Goodbye E-TOWN!
Quote from: RisonWildcat4 on April 05, 2006, 12:13:26 am
Speaking of Althiemer..theres only been two teams to defeat them at thier home stadium since they started thier football program back up...RISON and WOODLAWN!

did Eudora play them in Althiemer or in Eudora?

bigdaddybear

bearden and woodlawn signed contract will play oct 13  at woodlawn

wildcat_x-mgr

Too bad it's not the 20th. Wildcat showdown (Rison vs. LRE) and Bear showdon on the same night ;D

Woodlawn#1

I'm glad we added Bearden to our hit list. 8) Hey Ex-Manager, what's LRE?

Woodlawn#1

That team that beat Harmony Grove??? I didn't know they were the Wildcats.

Woodlawn#1

If we don't fill our other open date, I may have to go to Rison that night. It is at Rison, right?

wildcat_x-mgr

Yep, it's at Rison. I think this is the first private school we've played since Westside Christian, in the old 7AA-East. I'm really looking forward to seeing some preps get beat. ;D

Woodlawn#1

Haha! I miss the old games between Woodlawn and Westside.  :) :-\

Woodlawn#1

Ok, sorry I haven't been here in a few days, but I'm back! Anymore predictions/comments on the Bears???

Perry_Mc

Nah, we're talkin about LRE cuz they're better.... ;D

c4blueflames

Rison will beat LRE by 20.

Woodlawn#1

It may be close, but Woodlawn would beat LRE. ;D I think we used to play them in something, don't remember if it was football. May have been baseball.

bearpapa

Woodlawn#1 do you play football ? ? ?

Woodlawn#1

Yes I do, but I can't tell you my number, name, or position. Not allowed to give too much personal info online. If I had it my way, EVERYONE would know who I was. ;D Maybe someday. For now, just LOOK OUT FOR WOODLAWN!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas