• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City @ Salem

Started by Dragon I, November 16, 2012, 09:52:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

houndfan4610

Quote from: 4thn10 on November 18, 2012, 04:34:32 pm
Quote from: dragonator on November 18, 2012, 03:52:17 pm
Quote from: tacklethis... on November 18, 2012, 03:11:06 pm
I was disappointed with the fan support. Nothing against the team,school or fans did show. Just expected more since all we here about is the level of talent from JC. Can't argue with the talent just figured most of the trash talkers on here would actually attend the game! I've seen more fans AT a 7-2A game when both teams had losing records!

It was a packed house on JC's side. You just couldn't see us for all the camouflage.  ;D
I'm thinking camo uniforms would look good.
camo uniforms with hunter orange #'s would be pretty cool

ng71

yea easy to match when ur in the stands

Pick_DA_EAGLES

In 2008, des arc heard the same things about bearden, bout how they were gona beat d.a., well they didnt, then the whole 8-2a conf's posters said j.c. would mercy rule us, well i think its safe tosay we had j.c. fans bad nervous till the bitter end. D.a. left no doubt the 2 best teams played that night. Yes the 8-2a posters can be obnoxious, but after that game des arc had earned the respect they deserved and those posters gave it too us.

Point is, salem if you win you will get their respect.

Greyhound#1

Well I think JJ gray will be good to go by Friday.  No bruising and no internal bleeding on the hammy so it doesn't appear torn.  He's getting around pretty good.  His dad said he would be ready to go.

ng71

we don't care whats happen in the past we live for the moment

ng71

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 18, 2012, 06:58:21 pm
Well I think JJ gray will be good to go by Friday.  No bruising and no internal bleeding on the hammy so it doesn't appear torn.  He's getting around pretty good.  His dad said he would be ready to go.
thats great

Classof91

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 18, 2012, 06:55:17 pm
In 2008, des arc heard the same things about bearden, bout how they were gona beat d.a., well they didnt, then the whole 8-2a conf's posters said j.c. would mercy rule us, well i think its safe tosay we had j.c. fans bad nervous till the bitter end. D.a. left no doubt the 2 best teams played that night. Yes the 8-2a posters can be obnoxious, but after that game des arc had earned the respect they deserved and those posters gave it too us.

That's all any of us are saying.  You have to earn respect.  JC is who they are because they earned it....."obnoxious"....that really cuts deep.   ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Classof91 on November 18, 2012, 09:14:46 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 18, 2012, 06:55:17 pm

That's all any of us are saying.  You have to earn respect.  JC is who they are because they earned it....."obnoxious"....that really cuts deep.   ;D

Some worse than others.   ;)

Wilson

Pick. . when i read that i just think of Juiceman and JC Pimp. . . not sure if they were still posting much when you joined up. . .full frontal assault on every one of your last nerves would decribe JM. . and pimp just had no filter. . but they made the site interesting to say the least. . . i know HF mentioned JM earlier. . . HF, me, ahmer, and tdn. . we have been around a while. . the JC fans and team were much like the Salem fans/team  are now, back in 03. . . We went on what i still call ''the magic carpet ride'' that fall. . Beating undefeated Rison and Barton in back to back game to win the ship granted enough street cred that JC could still be living off of it without 08 and 09. . Salem has that looking them square in the eye if they can win the next 3 weeks also. . .its set up for them

Dragon I

November 18, 2012, 10:25:29 pm #159 Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:47:14 pm by Dragon I
Who replaces 50 on defense this week? Who will be kicking off now? This was going to be a tough game if Salem was 100%.  I know some Salem posters have said 11 was gonna play. How much of a factor will he be if he is less than 100% with the hole on the O-line also?

Greyhound#1

Dillon turner will kick I'm sure

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Dragon I on November 18, 2012, 10:25:29 pm
Who replaces 50 on defense this week? Who will be kicking off now? This was going to be a tough game if Salem was 100%.  I know some Salem posters have said 11 was gonna play. How much of a factor will he be if he is leeds than 100% with the hole on the O-line also?

We have plenty of RB's that can run.  We had two get 100 yds last week. 

houndfan4610

Quote from: Dragon I on November 18, 2012, 10:25:29 pm
Who replaces 50 on defense this week? Who will be kicking off now? This was going to be a tough game if Salem was 100%.  I know some Salem posters have said 11 was gonna play. How much of a factor will he be if he is leeds than 100% with the hole on the O-line also?
my guess would be 56 on D--he's usually the 1st one in and knows what he's doin--that D-line will be ok--11 will get yards at 80% but they've got 3 or 4 backs that have seen game time

Dragon I

Most teams in 2a don't have the luxury of depth. Even at JC. There is a reason one is the starter and one is not.

amehr36

Man, I'm getting all nostalgic on here. For the JC fans, where would you rank this team in relation to the state winners and the '99 team?

Dragon I

tacklethis...

Dragon I

Never said they weren't. 2003 was in a league of their own. 1999 had as much speed, more depth, and a dominating O and D line. 2008 and 2009 had two Sec defensive players. Can't really compare this team to those. I do think they are the best in the state hands down, just young. The difference is these kids just do not turn the ball over.

tacklethis...

Quote from: Dragon I on November 19, 2012, 07:23:06 am
Never said they weren't. 2003 was in a league of their own. 1999 had as much speed, more depth, and a dominating O and D line. 2008 and 2009 had two Sec defensive players. Can't really compare this team to those. I do think they are the best in the state hands down, just young. The difference is these kids just do not turn the ball over.

#3 is going places if stays healthy and keeps his nose clean....

Wilson

I would have to put this years team in a different catagory just because they have have discovered the forward pass ;D

Dragon I

Ha! They sure are a lot more exciting!

cuz

Not only have they discovered it, they perfected it. As D1 said it sure makes it more exciting. Another plus of this team is the depth of RB's. Junction has always had good RB's and more than one, but this year they go 2-3 deep in each position including the QB.......

bdubyab60

Cuz I doubt JC has perfected the forward pass. Yes your QB has set all sorts of records for a JC quarterback but really your offense is more balanced now.

I would bet that Salems QB and JC's QB numbers are pretty comparable. Sufficent not perfection.

cuz

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 19, 2012, 01:26:12 pm
Cuz I doubt JC has perfected the forward pass. Yes your QB has set all sorts of records for a JC quarterback but really your offense is more balanced now.

I would bet that Salems QB and JC's QB numbers are pretty comparable. Sufficent not perfection.
Perfected might be a little strong, but he is throwing 75-80 percent completion rate and at the high school level that's pretty good. JC does have a Tight end that's around 6'6'' who has a very good set of hands. Since the Rison game they've been very successful with the pass and it's freed the running game up quite bit. They have a slew of receivers to choose from also not just 1 or 2..........

tacklethis...

Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2012, 11:22:20 am
Not only have they discovered it, they perfected it. As D1 said it sure makes it more exciting. Another plus of this team is the depth of RB's. Junction has always had good RB's and more than one, but this year they go 2-3 deep in each position including the QB.......

49% completion is not perfection!

cuz

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 19, 2012, 02:31:52 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2012, 11:22:20 am

49% completion is not perfection!
Against Dierks he was 7 of 12 not as good as my earlier post but better than 49%. Two of those were for touchdowns. That was one of his poorer preformances. Bleu might be able to show his stats for the year, they might not be as good as I thought but I'd bet they're above 50%....

Classof91

I don't think JC has to come out and be even 70% or better in their completions to win this game or any other game.  They are experts at the run and if you can add a little passing in the mix to force the d to fall back with the receivers....not an easy path to victory for their opponents. 

cuz

Quote from: Classof91 on November 19, 2012, 03:08:34 pm
I don't think JC has to come out and be even 70% or better in their completions to win this game or any other game.  They are experts at the run and if you can add a little passing in the mix to force the d to fall back with the receivers....not an easy path to victory for their opponents.
I agree C91, Coach Carpenter has instilled the will to succeed and win, reminds me of one of Lombardi's quotes...........
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything.
Vince Lombardi

bleudog

November 19, 2012, 03:47:23 pm #178 Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:53:16 pm by bleudog
Cuz, adding what Shaq did against Dierks to what ran in the ADG he would be 67 of 132 and that would put him just under 51%.  What impresses me is that he has 1,198 yards so his average completion is just under 18 yards. He also has thrown 21 TDs so he produces 6 points with about every third completion.  I'm not sure how a QB rating is calculated but that YPC and TDPC sound pretty efficient to me.

I'd like to see Wayne's game by game breakdown on Shaq's numbers. I'd guess the Earle and Rison games might have been below 30% because it was the D and special teams that kept those games close or winnable. He and the receivers have improved greatly as the season has progressed.

We Dragons are still a little wide eyed about this passing thing. I sat through a season not too long ago when I think JC's secondary intercepted more passes than the JC offense completed. That wasn't a bad year though since the last game was at WMS.

bdubyab60

Your right 91. JC is still a running team. And I agree its not how many passes but is that passing game effective.

The 2 teams in terms of passing have pretty close to the same numbers. Someone from Salem can probably help on Salems numbers. I dont think either team is a true passing team. I dont tink 10-15 attempts a game makes you a passing team. But goes more torward balance and opening things up. As in JC's case they have a ton of speed that you would like to get the ball to on the open field.

To me the 2 teams are very similar. Except for in 2 categories tradition, which Salem is building on and JC already has. And overall team speed, I believe JC has the better team speed but I assure you Salem is not slow.

I think this game gets won in the trenches. I havent seen JC's line but I have seen Salems. And Salems D-line is very good. If JC controls that its a long night for Salem. If that D-line dominates like the times I saw it then this could be a ball game.

houndfan4610

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 19, 2012, 04:10:39 pm
Your right 91. JC is still a running team. And I agree its not how many passes but is that passing game effective.

The 2 teams in terms of passing have pretty close to the same numbers. Someone from Salem can probably help on Salems numbers. I dont think either team is a true passing team. I dont tink 10-15 attempts a game makes you a passing team. But goes more torward balance and opening things up. As in JC's case they have a ton of speed that you would like to get the ball to on the open field.

To me the 2 teams are very similar. Except for in 2 categories tradition, which Salem is building on and JC already has. And overall team speed, I believe JC has the better team speed but I assure you Salem is not slow.

I think this game gets won in the trenches. I havent seen JC's line but I have seen Salems. And Salems D-line is very good. If JC controls that its a long night for Salem. If that D-line dominates like the times I saw it then this could be a ball game.
Dillon Turner 84-156 53.8% for 1192yds 15TD's

bleudog

November 19, 2012, 05:17:37 pm #181 Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:20:26 pm by bleudog
Wayne's pre-game notes:  CLICK HERE

(D-I, he's early this week ;D)

Wilson

Jc completing more than 4 passes a game. . Trust me. . the JC faithfull consider that perfection ! ;D

cuz

Quote from: houndfan4610 on November 19, 2012, 04:36:03 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 19, 2012, 04:10:39 pm

Dillon Turner 84-156 53.8% for 1192yds 15TD's
Thanks for the stats, looks like both QB's are almost even with Mr. Turner a tad higher on the percentage of completions and Mr. Hunter with more TD's.........

Greyhound#1

I think it funny how JC talks about thier prolific passing attack and come to find our QB has more yards.  I gonna bet we probably got more rushing yards too. 

Our QB can play ask Bigelow, on our first play on offense he threw a 97 yard TD pass which I think was a playoff record.

houndfan4610

on the QB comparison what JC's QB's #'s rushing? -- Turner has 523yds with 11 TD's

Classof91

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 19, 2012, 06:32:16 pm
I think it funny how JC talks about thier prolific passing attack and come to find our QB has more yards.  I gonna bet we probably got more rushing yards too. 

Our QB can play ask Bigelow, on our first play on offense he threw a 97 yard TD pass which I think was a playoff record.

When you said "ask Bigelow" you lost us.  You are missing the point.  Jc has never meant that they have a prolific passing game per se, but for them its prolific and when coupled with their running game its dangerous.

cuz

Quote from: houndfan4610 on November 19, 2012, 06:35:39 pm
on the QB comparison what JC's QB's #'s rushing? -- Turner has 523yds with 11 TD's
Sorry I don't have the info bleu will see this and come up with something. Shaq's a legit 4.5 laser time in the 40 and he's had as many as 3 in a game and I'll say at least one per game. Will get something on here I'm sure a little more factual than my old noggin............

houndfan4610

Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2012, 06:52:35 pm
Sorry I don't have the info bleu will see this and come up with something. Shaq's a legit 4.5 laser time in the 40 and he's had as many as 3 in a game and I'll say at least one per game. Will get something on here I'm sure a little more factual than my old noggin............
ok thanks--seems like everybody likes to compare #'s just thought i'd throw some out there--this should be a great game

cuz

Dillon Turner 84-156 53.8% for 1192yds 15TD's     14.1 yds per catch
Shaquille Hunter 67-132 50.7% for 1198 21TD's     17.8 yds per catch

cuz

Quote from: houndfan4610 on November 19, 2012, 06:59:23 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2012, 06:52:35 pm
ok thanks--seems like everybody likes to compare #'s just thought i'd throw some out there--this should be a great game
Numbers are always appreciated, keep them coming, read the game day article bleu posted earlier and it will enlighter you more of what JC's about..............

houndfan4610

Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2012, 07:05:21 pm

looks like a good match up of QB's--would like to see Shaqs rushing #'s

cuz

Quote from: houndfan4610 on November 19, 2012, 07:10:38 pm

bleu will hook you up if not I'll try and get you something...........

Greyhound#1

Oh sorry thought he had 1098.  It's just that someone said that JC runs the spread and we have more attempts.

dragonator

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 19, 2012, 08:03:02 pm

Oh sorry thought he had 1098.  It's just that someone said that JC runs the spread and we have more attempts.

Jc does run the spread, but we run a lot out of it also.

bleudog

November 19, 2012, 08:21:21 pm #195 Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:04:53 am by bleudog
Quote from: cuz on November 19, 2012, 07:15:05 pm
Quote from: houndfan4610 on November 19, 2012, 07:10:38 pm

bleu will hook you up if not I'll try and get you something...........

Going to need rebel64 for those.  I noticed an occasional references in the paper but they are few and far between when Dancy is usually the leading rusher and in the process of collecting of 1,400.

Hunter did have:
32 against Dierks
96 against Marked Tree (2 TDs)
at least 40 against Hermitage with at least 1 TD
80 against Bearden

Those are incomplete but with that pattern having 500 wouldn't be surprising.

He also had a 75 yard pick six against Norphlet.  That was one of his 2 interceptions this year and 12 in his career.

I did notice in Wayne's notes that JC has 4,755 yards in total offense for the year.

It's so much more fun to argue stats.  The MS-Carlisle thread has a dozen or more posts where they are arguing about how much a running back weighs. ???

leedog95

Should be fun game to watch for sure. Will this be streamed on-line. I would love to drive up to watch this but have to work Friday... :'(

ng71

Quote from: leedog95 on November 19, 2012, 08:45:24 pm
Should be fun game to watch for sure. Will this be streamed on-line. I would love to drive up to watch this but have to work Friday... :'(
call in sick and come on we would love to have all of you here

Greyhound#1

This teams are really close on the stat sheet....offense and defense.  Salem total offense was 4653 and JC 4755. 

True Fan

Hackett looked a lot better than Poyen on paper.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas