• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farmington @ Malvern, Semis

Started by marsh8727, November 26, 2011, 05:44:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahls

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 03, 2011, 05:25:49 pm
Quote from: Wahls on December 03, 2011, 01:43:23 pm
Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 03, 2011, 01:35:28 pmJust can not let it go can you richard

Truth hurts.
Truth hurts?  While you are asking for opinions on something that can not and will not be proven?  What an idiot.

Yeah, but you haven't seen Ashdown so your opinion doesn't matter. Go away.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Wahls on December 03, 2011, 05:34:12 pm
Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 03, 2011, 01:35:28 pmJust can not let it go can you richard

Truth hurts.
Truth hurts?  While you are asking for opinions on something that can not and will not be proven?  What an idiot.

At least you understand how stupid you are now.  That's the first step.

Wahls

December 03, 2011, 06:30:14 pm #152 Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:37:47 pm by Wahls
Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 03, 2011, 06:04:59 pm

...are we making stuff up now?

Sour grapes. Someone is a poor loser.

EDIT: You personally have the Nashville syndrome. You watch your team play a few teams that aren't all that great, then convince yourself they're a lot better than they really are. You hit the playoff draw lottery and get stomped.

Congrats. Your team made the final four because in their infinite wisdom, the AAA thinks the conferences should play each other over again in the playoffs. Farmington still wouldn't have made the playoffs in the 7 no matter how puffy faced mad you get about it.

CardsQB12

All hail the 7-4a and southern Arkansas!

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Wahls on December 03, 2011, 06:30:14 pm
Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 03, 2011, 06:04:59 pm

...are we making stuff up now?

Sour grapes. Someone is a poor loser.

EDIT: You personally have the Nashville syndrome. You watch your team play a few teams that aren't all that great, then convince yourself they're a lot better than they really are. You hit the playoff draw lottery and get stomped.

Congrats. Your team made the final four because in their infinite wisdom, the AAA thinks the conferences should play each other over again in the playoffs. Farmington still wouldn't have made the playoffs in the 7 no matter how puffy faced mad you get about it.
Just like the 7-4a teams outside of PA and Malvern wouldn't have made the playoffs in the 4 or 3. 

It's easy to make crap up!

True Player

I'm pretty sure that any team besides Bauxite and Robinson in the 7-4A would have won the 3 conference and could have been 2nd it 3rd in the 4 conference.

Hoghead

Congrats to Malvern. A old 5A SW foe going to the "ROCK" to play for the 4A State Title.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: True Player on December 04, 2011, 11:03:33 pm
I'm pretty sure that any team besides Bauxite and Robinson in the 7-4A would have won the 3 conference and could have been 2nd it 3rd in the 4 conference.
Whoops!  I was meaning the 2 and 4.  The 3 was not very good and it showed in their playoff games.  The only team from the 3 to make it out of the first round was Osceola who beat a terrible Dardanelle team.

Wahls

Quote from: CardsQB12 on December 04, 2011, 01:48:56 pm
All hail the 7-4a and southern Arkansas!

Sorry Coop.

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 04, 2011, 08:00:30 pmJust like the 7-4a teams outside of PA and Malvern wouldn't have made the playoffs in the 4 or 3. 

It's easy to make crap up!

Alright, calm down buttercup.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Hoghead on December 05, 2011, 02:05:19 am
Congrats to Malvern. A old 5A SW foe going to the "ROCK" to play for the 4A State Title.

To play another former 5A SW foe (at least for two years). 

Mulerider

Truth hurts.

Isn't that why its called an opinion and not stated as fact?  Everybody who follows 4A football knows the 1 has never been a strong conference and most teams are licking there chops if they see a team from the 1 on their side of the bracket.

I have zero respect for that conference and I think it is safe to say that in the majority of the years any one of 4 or 5 different teams from the 7 could win it with the lone exception being when Shiloh has an exceptional class.

What I don't get is that the other classifications are dominant in that area, 7A and 5A especially.  The 4A is just pathetic up on the hill.

Congrats to Farmington on making the semi's its a great accomplishment.

CardsQB12

SOUTH ARKANSAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Mulerider on December 06, 2011, 04:36:49 pm

Truth hurts.

Isn't that why its called an opinion and not stated as fact?  Everybody who follows 4A football knows the 1 has never been a strong conference and most teams are licking there chops if they see a team from the 1 on their side of the bracket.

I have zero respect for that conference and I think it is safe to say that in the majority of the years any one of 4 or 5 different teams from the 7 could win it with the lone exception being when Shiloh has an exceptional class.

What I don't get is that the other classifications are dominant in that area, 7A and 5A especially.  The 4A is just pathetic up on the hill.

You realize that the 1-4A had 2 teams in the Quarters and that the 1-4A beat two other conference champions?  Probably not.  Too busy building your Nashville shrine. 

Mulerider

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 06, 2011, 08:37:05 pm

Truth hurts.

You realize that the 1-4A had 2 teams in the Quarters and that the 1-4A beat two other conference champions?  Probably not.  Too busy building your Nashville shrine.
I'm glad they did, but the conference is still not very good and your brain knows it even if your heart doesn't want to admit it.

I don't have to build a Nashville shrine.  Those all time wins, all time playoff victories and shiny championship rings built the shrine without my help. 

Again, congats to Farmington for making a terrific run in this years playoffs.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Mulerider on December 07, 2011, 09:12:37 am
Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 06, 2011, 08:37:05 pm

Truth hurts.

I'm glad they did, but the conference is still not very good and your brain knows it even if your heart doesn't want to admit it.

I don't have to build a Nashville shrine.  Those all time wins, all time playoff victories and shiny championship rings built the shrine without my help. 

Again, congats to Farmington for making a terrific run in this years playoffs.
The 1-4A has been weaker in the past.  Things have changed.  Southern teams have been saying for years to show it on the field.  Well, the 1-4A had a pretty good showing this year.  Yet, without beating either of the two best teams in the state, its still a terrible conference?  Nice logic.  The 1-4A has had a member at least in the semis every year since 2007. 

Wahls

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 08, 2011, 09:03:40 amThe 1-4A has been weaker in the past.  Things have changed.  Southern teams have been saying for years to show it on the field.  Well, the 1-4A had a pretty good showing this year.

You do realize that every single one of the 1-4a teams seasons were ended by a southern team, right?

punkinseed99

Only one 7 4A team ( Maumelle ) was beaten out of the playoffs by a team from another conference.

Mulerider

Quote from: Wahls on December 08, 2011, 09:11:12 am
Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 08, 2011, 09:03:40 amThe 1-4A has been weaker in the past.  Things have changed.  Southern teams have been saying for years to show it on the field.  Well, the 1-4A had a pretty good showing this year.

You do realize that every single one of the 1-4a teams seasons were ended by a southern team, right?

Good point.  You do also realize that 1-4A team that has been in the semis every year since 2007 for the most part was the University of Shiloh. 

I agree the 1-4A has been weaker and it may be getting better but it is a far cry from being a strong conference from top to bottom or for that matter even at the top.

Again, congrats to Farmington for making the semi's.  They had a great run this year and a very nice draw in the bracket.

GLion Alum

Heber Springs...southern?

Quote from: Mulerider on December 08, 2011, 09:50:04 am
You do also realize that 1-4A team that has been in the semis every year since 2007 for the most part was the University of Shiloh. 

Farmington, Gravette and Shiloh Christian (3 times)

Quote from: punkinseed99 on December 08, 2011, 09:17:06 am
Only one 7 4A team ( Maumelle ) was beaten out of the playoffs by a team from another conference.

And who did the 7-4A teams beat from other conferences?

Maumelle (none)
DeQueen (Booneville, which beat them in the regular season)
Nashville (Highland)
Malvern (Gosnell, Prairie Grove and Farmington)
Pulaski Academy (Osceola, Pottsville and Dollarway)

Who did the 1-4A teams beat from other conferences?

Dumas, Mena, Pocahontas, Heber Springs, Warren and McGehee.

The state's two best 4A teams, both from the 7-4A, will be playing Saturday in Little Rock.  As for the remainder of the 7-4A this year?  Not much.  Only two playoff wins this year against teams from other conferences.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Yes, and Wahls already told us that Maumelle should not have been in the playoffs and blah blah blah.  Still, they were a representative from the 7-4A and got spanked by a mediocre Clinton team.

Good point.  You do also realize that 1-4A team that has been in the semis every year since 2007 for the most part was the University of Shiloh. 

I agree the 1-4A has been weaker and it may be getting better but it is a far cry from being a strong conference from top to bottom or for that matter even at the top.

Again, congrats to Farmington for making the semi's.  They had a great run this year and a very nice draw in the bracket.

3 out of 5 were Shiloh.  What conference has dominated the semi's each year?  The past 2 years the 7A has had 2 teams.  Thats a pretty good run.  But if Shiloh gets discounted then PA gets discounted. 09 we had 3/4 from North of Little Rock, 2010 2 from Little Rock and Star City and Shiloh.  This year Farmington was only team from north of Little Rock.  And from top to bottom how strong is the 7a or 8A.  Bauxite and Robinson were terrible.  Lake Village, Dewitt, and Dumas were really bad.  Berryville, Pea Ridge, and Gentry were bad.   

Like Glion said, Heber is hardly a southern team.  2 teams got beat by the BEST public school team in 4A.  Nothing wrong with that.  We also beat conference champs from 2 other districts.  Not the 1-4As fault that Nashville played Malvern and Dequeen.

Wahls

Oh sorry, you guys had the honor of losing to the bellcow that is Heber Springs. I forgot. Even better.

Quote from: GLion Alum on December 08, 2011, 11:25:38 amOnly two playoff wins this year against teams from other conferences.

Are you special?

Spotty

Quote from: GLion Alum on December 08, 2011, 11:25:38 am

You do also realize that 1-4A team that has been in the semis every year since 2007 for the most part was the University of Shiloh. 

Maumelle (none)
Nashville (Highland)

The state's two best 4A teams, both from the 7-4A, will be playing Saturday in Little Rock.  As for the remainder of the 7-4A this year?  Not much.  Only two playoff wins this year against teams from other conferences.

Maybe so, but Nashville would have beaten Gosnell, Prairie Grove, and Farmington in all likelihood. They just didn't get a chance to play them.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Spotty on December 09, 2011, 10:13:40 am

Maumelle (none)
Nashville (Highland)

Maybe so, but Nashville would have beaten Gosnell, Prairie Grove, and Farmington in all likelihood. They just didn't get a chance to play them.
Maybe... maybe not.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Wahls on December 08, 2011, 08:55:11 pm
Oh sorry, you guys had the honor of losing to the bellcow that is Heber Springs. I forgot. Even better.

Quote from: GLion Alum on December 08, 2011, 11:25:38 amOnly two playoff wins this year against teams from other conferences.

Are you special?
Yes... our 5th seed lost a very close game to the conference champion of the conference whose 3 seed took the 7's 4 seed out behind the woodshed and then out for a nice seafood dinner and never called them again. 

transplant

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 09, 2011, 10:35:40 am
Yes... our 5th seed lost a very close game to the conference champion of the conference whose 3 seed took the 7's 4 seed out behind the woodshed and then out for a nice seafood dinner and never called them again. 

So a 5th seed lost to a 1 seed and a 4 seed lost to a 3 seed.

Probably needs to be commemorated with rings or at least a banner.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: transplant on December 09, 2011, 10:45:02 am
Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 09, 2011, 10:35:40 am

So a 5th seed lost to a 1 seed and a 4 seed lost to a 3 seed.

Probably needs to be commemorated with rings or at least a banner.
Send the banner to Wahls' house.

Spotty

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 09, 2011, 10:33:20 am

Maumelle (none)
Nashville (Highland)

Maybe... maybe not.

Maybe not, but I think it falls in the "probably" range.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Quote from: Spotty on December 09, 2011, 10:51:38 am
Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 09, 2011, 10:33:20 am

Maumelle (none)
Nashville (Highland)

Maybe... maybe not.

Maybe not, but I think it falls in the "probably" range.
I think it falls into the "We will never know" range.

Wahls

Spotty

Of course it does. I think we can say that PA would handle Greenwood, but we'll never know. PA would handle pretty much everyone in the 7A and 6A, but we'll never know.

But based on what I've seen, Nashville was the best team Malvern played in the playoffs up to this point.

GLion Alum

Quote from: Spotty on December 09, 2011, 02:43:29 pm

But based on what I've seen, Nashville was the best team Malvern played in the playoffs up to this point.

Nashville lost to 3A Prescott, 28-21.  Tonight Charleston won the 3A championship 31-10 over Barton.  Prescott didn't make the finals.  The only team to defeat Charleston this season?  Ozark of 1-4A. 

PA and Malvern were the top two teams in 4A this year.  As for the other 7-4A teams this year, there's no way their season and playoff records justify placing them among the top 10 4A teams this year.   

Wahls

December 09, 2011, 11:27:23 pm #181 Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:31:28 pm by Wahls
Quote from: GLion Alum on December 09, 2011, 09:56:26 pm
PA and Malvern were the top two teams in 4A this year.  As for the other 7-4A teams this year, there's no way their season and playoff records justify placing them among the top 10 4A teams this year.   

You keep bringing up this playoff record nonsense. Two 7-4a teams were eliminated by the conference, one was beaten in the first round, and the other two are playing in the championship, while 4 of 5 teams from the 1 were eliminated by a southern team.

Stop trying to twist what happened. Your point is that the 7's playoff record isn't great, not only is it better than the 1's, it's better inspite of the fact that they kept eliminating each other. That is borderline incredible.

And I'll say this again, De Queen, Nashville, and Ashdown all would have beaten Farmington this year.

GLion Alum

December 10, 2011, 08:20:15 am #182 Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 08:35:58 am by GLion Alum
Quote from: Wahls on December 09, 2011, 11:27:23 pm
Quote from: GLion Alum on December 09, 2011, 09:56:26 pm

You keep bringing up this playoff record nonsense. Two 7-4a teams were eliminated by the conference, one was beaten in the first round, and the other two are playing in the championship, while 4 of 5 teams from the 1 were eliminated by a southern team.

Stop trying to twist what happened. Your point is that the 7's playoff record isn't great, not only is it better than the 1's, it's better inspite of the fact that they kept eliminating each other. That is borderline incredible.

And I'll say this again, De Queen, Nashville, and Ashdown all would have beaten Farmington this year.

What's borderline incredible?  You decide without any facts whatsoever that Ashdown (didn't make the playoffs), De Queen (beat Booneville 21-16 in playoffs after losing to them during the regular season 41-28) and Nashville (beat Highland 35-21 in the playoffs) would have beaten Farmington, which defeated McGehee, Heber Springs and Dumas in the playoffs?  That's what is downright incredible!

Three teams with a combined record of 18-15 would have beaten a team with an 11-3 record, including wins over Heber Springs and McGehee, both ranked no. 2 in 4A at the time?   Those three 7-4A teams had only two playoff wins against non-conference teams between them! 

For the past three years 7-4A fans have accused us 1-4A fans of riding Shiloh's coattails when we've posted our conference's playoff record.  I'm arguing that this year the rest of the 7-4A is trying to ride the coattails of PA and Malvern.

Wahls

What about the 14-7 Malvern and Ashdown score with the Malvern poster also agreeing that Ashdown was a better team?

GLion Alum

Quote from: Wahls on December 10, 2011, 11:08:50 am
What about the 14-7 Malvern and Ashdown score with the Malvern poster also agreeing that Ashdown was a better team?

Was that poster one of the 7-4A posters who posted, among other things, that the 1-4A is "still now very good" and "just pathetic?"  One of those posters who posted he has "zero respect for that conference? and that the 1-4A has "never been a strong conference?"  If it was, then I have zero respect for his knowledge of high school football.

I apologize if I've gotten on your case a little.  At least you have posted some facts in support of your position, and that has given me an opportunity to respond with other facts.  I know Mulerider and other 7-4A posters have been saying the same thing for years about the 1-4A,  just to get a rise out of us Northwest Arkansas posters, and they do.  I know that, deep down, they know better, but I can't resist taking the bait when they dangle it in the water.  Good luck to Ashdown, Nashville and the other 7-4A teams next year!  They'll need it with what Ozark and Prairie Grove have coming back!  ;D

Wahls

Dog the Bounty Hunter

Maybe Malvern had an off night... maybe Ashdown played lights out... maybe Farmington, who lost 3 starters the week before, were not able to keep it together for that game. 

Wahls

Quote from: Dog the Bounty Hunter on December 10, 2011, 09:49:28 pm
Maybe Malvern had an off night... maybe Ashdown played lights out... maybe Farmington, who lost 3 starters the week before, were not able to keep it together for that game. 

Maybe. But, my eyes told me the same thing.

No matter, this conversation is pointless. Congrats to Farmington.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas