• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley Springs Girls

Started by Hitman Warrior23, January 07, 2017, 05:43:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitman Warrior23

They have, a very impressive record and have beaten some good teams.   Has anyone seen them and what du they do good?

Head Lion

I know this, Coach Jenkins runs a first class program.

theflash10

Listen to their coach, play hard, and play smart.

Hitman Warrior23

they got shooters? size? I figured they would be down this year   but NOPE!

Moonshiner

They have a 6'2-3" girl underneath.  The rest are average size.  Shoot well defend well. 

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 09, 2017, 11:43:18 am
They have a 6'2-3" girl underneath.  The rest are average size.  Shoot well defend well.

thats big enough  ha
thank you

noties

I've wondered the same thing, Hitman. I figured VS would be down from last year as well, but it doesn't sound that way! I'm assuming the big post is the same girl they had last year? I look forward to getting to watch them.

TheOfficial

January 09, 2017, 11:49:59 pm #7 Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:51:45 pm by TheOfficial
They return 3 starters from last years team and another that would have started last year but sat with a knee injury. 
4 really good guards that can all shoot and a big 6'3" post.
This team defends better than last years team and spreads the ball around on offense more.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: TheOfficial on January 09, 2017, 11:49:59 pm
They return 3 starters from last years team and another that would have started last year but sat with a knee injury. 
4 really good guards that can all shoot and a big 6'3" post.
This team defends better than last years team and spreads the ball around on offense more.

Wow they sound like they are tough!

Thank you!

theflash10

What is an update on the boys side? How are they doing?

TheOfficial

Quote from: theflash10 on January 12, 2017, 01:06:26 pm
What is an update on the boys side? How are they doing?

Young with loads of talent.  Start a 9th grader, two sophomores and two jrs I believe.

ZoneBuster

TheOfficial

Quote from: ZoneBuster on January 12, 2017, 07:55:01 pm
Any info on Wynn kid?

He hasn't been with the team in a couple months.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: TheOfficial on January 12, 2017, 09:46:19 pm
He hasn't been with the team in a couple months.

Interesting. Would love to know why.

theflash10

January 13, 2017, 10:48:20 pm #14 Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:56:18 pm by theflash10
No Coach Taylor tonight?? What caused the suspension to be warranted? Seems like a lot of strange things going on.

TheOfficial

Quote from: theflash10 on January 13, 2017, 10:48:20 pm
No Coach Taylor tonight?? What caused the suspension to be warranted? Seems like a lot of strange things going on.

Wasn't warranted.

And yes, strange things.

valleytigers

ZoneBuster

valleytigers

zonebuster I fig you already know....Taylor has people that really like him and people who really don't....and if it wasn't for him getting kids to move in I don't know if he could field a team....and yes you might think that is a good thing that a coach can get kids to move in that want to play for him but I can promise you more have moved out of Valley because of him than have moved in

TheOfficial

Quote from: valleytigers on January 16, 2017, 12:25:37 pm
zonebuster I fig you already know....Taylor has people that really like him and people who really don't....and if it wasn't for him getting kids to move in I don't know if he could field a team....and yes you might think that is a good thing that a coach can get kids to move in that want to play for him but I can promise you more have moved out of Valley because of him than have moved in

Inaccurate and misinformed.

He has one family mad at him because their kid quit and they are looking for excuses but that kid has tried to play for 3 different coaches and never sticks. 

Coach's problem is he has two board members that were his biggest supporters by far until Johnny Ray didn't play their kids because they just weren't very good.  Then all of a sudden they were against him and trying to get him fired.  That's the facts and that's the full story. 

ZoneBuster

Quote from: valleytigers on January 16, 2017, 12:25:37 pm
I'm not in the area anymore so I don't really know, just hearsay.

Who all has moved out? Didn't know that they had so many defections.

valleytigers

how can you say inaccurate...they have had 4 kids leave at the semester and another 1 I know of that left before the year started...he had 3 move in and another that moved in for the summer and left before the year even started....just because you are a supporter doesn't mean everyone is..I admit he has some strong supports .if you honestly think its one family that doesn't like him then your crazy..do you know that he has had almost 30 kids quit or leave the school in his 3 1/2 years....Valley used to have to cut players at the start of the year...now we barley have enough to finish a game when it goes into 3 overtimes...Berryville...

ZoneBuster

Quote from: valleytigers on January 16, 2017, 03:20:08 pm
how can you say inaccurate...they have had 4 kids leave at the semester and another 1 I know of that left before the year started...he had 3 move in and another that moved in for the summer and left before the year even started....just because you are a supporter doesn't mean everyone is..I admit he has some strong supports .if you honestly think its one family that doesn't like him then your crazy..do you know that he has had almost 30 kids quit or leave the school in his 3 1/2 years....Valley used to have to cut players at the start of the year...now we barley have enough to finish a game when it goes into 3 overtimes...Berryville...

When is the last time Valley cut players?

valleytigers

they cut players in the 80's and 90's....don't get me wrong that did not happen every year and not with every team and I am talking about both Jr and Sr teams....some years they had too many on the Sr team and the 9th grade players did not get moved up for district...

ZoneBuster

Quote from: valleytigers on January 16, 2017, 03:44:44 pm
they cut players in the 80's and 90's....don't get me wrong that did not happen every year and not with every team and I am talking about both Jr and Sr teams....some years they had too many on the Sr team and the 9th grade players did not get moved up for district...

Gotcha. Didn't think it was too recent lol.

valleytigers

Dang the 90's aren't that long ago....no I feel old lol

ZoneBuster

I agree lol sadly, kids and parents are much different than even the 90s.

Longfellow

Quote from: ZoneBuster on January 16, 2017, 06:09:01 pm
I agree lol sadly, kids and parents are much worse different than even the 90s.

ZoneBuster

Old Eagle

Quote from: TheOfficial on January 16, 2017, 02:05:15 pm

He has one family mad at him because their kid quit and they are looking for excuses but that kid has tried to play for 3 different coaches and never sticks. 

Coach's problem is he has two board members that were his biggest supporters by far until Johnny Ray didn't play their kids because they just weren't very good.  Then all of a sudden they were against him and trying to get him fired.  That's the facts and that's the full story.

I guess if you say it, it must be true! No other ideas, thoughts or opinions may be considered. Curious to know how you know so much about the boys team? Do you have a son that plays or are you just speaking for all the parents that do or did?

TheOfficial

Quote from: Old Eagle on January 16, 2017, 09:50:30 pm
I guess if you say it, it must be true! No other ideas, thoughts or opinions may be considered. Curious to know how you know so much about the boys team? Do you have a son that plays or are you just speaking for all the parents that do or did?

Don't have any kids at Valley.  Do have a couple friends on the board though.  He had over 50 parents show up in support of him at school board meeting.  And my friends on the board say your numbers that left because of him are no where close.

workhorse23

Quote from: TheOfficial on January 16, 2017, 02:05:15 pm

"Inaccurate and misinformed"
Wasn't he all state? I find it hard to believe that an all state player would just up and quit without a big reason to. I also feel like it is not your place to say that a family is "looking for excuses." They could have had an issue with the coach that you know nothing about. Unless you have a son on the team or are personally in the locker room at every practice or game you have no room to say that about another family. I also think it is very immature of you to call out a high school student online and say he "never sticks." I am sure there were reasons to his leaving and you should respect that and not try to attack him and his family.  ;)

valleytigers

I think you can tell just from reading all of this its not just one family....and that is very true if you don't have a kid that plays for him you have no clue what your talking about...and my numbers are accurate and if he is still at valley next year you will have more kids that will quit the game they love....

Hitman Warrior23

If a kid quits over a Coach then they do not "LOVE" the game! Either transfer or tough it out.

At the end of the day looks like allot of Drama but the girls seem impressive.

I see them
Mtn View
Rose Bud
and Jessieville 
being the teams I worried the most about from Lamar!

valleytigers

just so you know not every parent will let kids transfer...your choice in school shouldn't be based on basketball unless that is the way your kid is getting to college...

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: valleytigers on January 17, 2017, 10:39:35 am
just so you know not every parent will let kids transfer...your choice in school shouldn't be based on basketball unless that is the way your kid is getting to college...
Then I suggest the 2nd option.  But listen I have no dog in this fight I have ZERO clue on the situation,  obviously its an unfortunate one for a young athlete, or athletes, but my advice (not that anyone asked for it) would be hang in there they will regret it years after high school for quitting a sport they 'LOVE".
Have a great day!

RedWolf275

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on January 17, 2017, 10:05:35 am
If a kid quits over a Coach then they do not "LOVE" the game! Either transfer or tough it out.

I see them
Mtn View
Rose Bud
and Jessieville 

Hitman, you better keep an eye on Bald Knob at home. I haven't seen them play but there resume looks pretty good.

Basketballfan13

Bald Knob has beat both Mountain View and Rose Bud, I'll be curious to see how they do against those two teams the second time around.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 17, 2017, 10:51:09 am
Hitman, you better keep an eye on Bald Knob at home. I haven't seen them play but there resume looks pretty good.
honestly I forgot to put them on the list.  buy yes your right very impressive resume.

ZoneBuster

I'm sure neither party is blameless in the boys situation. I don't really know anything about Taylor but know he's been successful at the highest basketball level and is unique in his style of coaching. He demands a lot of his players even in the summer and it can wear kids out.

From what I hear he is much more demanding than his predecessor and maybe kids and parents don't want the grind of basketball year round. Not to defend him too much because he's obviously got some flaws, but many great coaches, in any sport, are very difficult to be around and play for. you can't argue with results though..

Old Eagle

Quote from: ZoneBuster on January 17, 2017, 12:52:28 pm
I'm sure neither party is blameless in the boys situation. I don't really know anything about Taylor but know he's been successful at the highest basketball level and is unique in his style of coaching. He demands a lot of his players even in the summer and it can wear kids out.

From what I hear he is much more demanding than his predecessor and maybe kids and parents don't want the grind of basketball year round. Not to defend him too much because he's obviously got some flaws, but many great coaches, in any sport, are very difficult to be around and play for. you can't argue with results though..
I think what you saw without the "coach" is problematic with his system. If he isn't there to tell players exactly where to go "his" system breaks down. Players aren't allowed to think for themselves and find opportunities within an offense. No one within his system  can make the move to the next level with "his" system. I also find it funny that players can't stick with a coach that can't stick. I doubt he'll be back next year at the same school. I don't  think JT can handle adversity any better than some claim his players should.

Old Eagle

Quote from: TheOfficial on January 16, 2017, 11:50:18 pm
Don't have any kids at Valley.  Do have a couple friends on the board though.  He had over 50 parents show up in support of him at school board meeting.  And my friends on the board say your numbers that left because of him are no where close.
I didn't provide any numbers and I don't pretend to know, unlike you I have no one on the school board providing me information. I do have contact with those parents and the kid that you threw under the bus. Your story is flawed or false depending on how one chooses to look at it. The player you chose to pick on has not "been able to stick", he actually returned to Valley because that was where he started playing and wanted to finish there. Unfortunately the "coach" is not tolerant of independent thinking or a player that is injured. You "the official" should stick to fact and not fiction,. Thank those parents that moved in to "his" program and quit mouthing the parents that don't agree with it!  Without the transfers you wouldn't have a boy's program?

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Old Eagle on January 18, 2017, 01:27:18 am
I think what you saw without the  ;)"coach" is problematic with his system. If he isn't there to tell players exactly where to go "his" system breaks down. Players aren't allowed to think for themselves and find opportunities within an offense. No one within his system can make the move to the next level with "his" system. I also find it funny that players can't stick with a coach that can't stick. I doubt he'll be back next year at the same school. I don't  think JT can handle adversity any better than some claim his players should.

You must not have watched McElroy coached Valley teams, then. Outside of Tennison when McElroy had thrown in the towel, he allowed very little freedom on offense. He had teams that were 10 deep and could put up 65+ a game but played 7 guys and kept games in the 40s. Not many college teams play the matchup 2-3 zone that McElroy played 95% of the time either.

Valley isn't turning out a lot of "next level" talent. They're an outstanding small school program with great tradition but are not known for moving guys to the college ranks. Players who have the ability to play at the next level will put in work during AAU ball and get there despite their high school coach most of the time. One could argue that Taylor demanding so much year round only prepares them for college athletics.

Finally, I wouldn't look too much into a loss without a coach in any type of "system." I think many teams would lose in an instance where there is no assistant coach and the girls coach has to take over. Coach Jenkins does a great job but if she is not familiar with play calls, presses, half court defenses etc. it's easy to see why they lost.

tigerblood

Quote from: Head Lion on January 07, 2017, 09:38:43 pm
I know this, Coach Jenkins runs a first class program.
Yeah until season is over and she doesn't come back the rest of the school year...first class educator for sure lol

ZoneBuster

Quote from: tigerblood on January 18, 2017, 09:02:19 am
Yeah until season is over and she doesn't come back the rest of the school year...first class educator for sure lol

Sadly, coaches "check out" after the season is over at most schools. There's a reason these coaches are "teaching" P.E., Health, and Driver's Ed instead of AP Biology and Calculus.

SackAttack

Quote from: Old Eagle on January 18, 2017, 01:27:18 am
I think what you saw without the "coach" is problematic with his system. If he isn't there to tell players exactly where to go "his" system breaks down. Players aren't allowed to think for themselves and find opportunities within an offense. No one within his system  can make the move to the next level with "his" system. I also find it funny that players can't stick with a coach that can't stick. I doubt he'll be back next year at the same school. I don't  think JT can handle adversity any better than some claim his players should.
This post puts it as good as Ive ever heard it. that last part about adversity for sure. Look at past history -- Look at relationships with former players as a whole, he will bolt this time too!

drybones

Quote from: tigerblood on January 18, 2017, 09:02:19 am
She is one of the best coaches in the state with multiple state finals games to prove it.

billybob101

So I hear the Wynn kid gets to play for Harrison Friday night, doesn't quite seem fair to the others that moved to Harrison that aren't getting to play, including his own brother....

tigerblood

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on January 17, 2017, 10:05:35 am

I see them
Mtn View
Rose Bud
and Jessieville 
Rose Bud has beat Mtn View twice, and handled them with ease at Mtn View.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: billybob101 on January 19, 2017, 11:35:37 am
So I hear the Wynn kid gets to play for Harrison Friday night, doesn't quite seem fair to the others that moved to Harrison that aren't getting to play, including his own brother....

Change resident address from mom (VS) to dad (Harrison) and brother couldn't?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas