• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCORE THREAD: 5A BOYS FINALS(Sat 6:00) Maumelle vs Forrest City

Started by Brian G, March 06, 2016, 02:18:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Maumelle
16 (31.4%)
Forrest City
35 (68.6%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: March 12, 2016, 02:37:45 pm

mtindian42

Congrats to the hornets on a great year... Good job stangs! Way to rep the great NEA

AirWarren

Very fun game. Hate that Maumelle couldn't finish it out and bring the title back home. Great job Hornets.

Pit Bull

mtindian42

👑NEA BASKETBALL 👑 🏆💍🏆💍🏆💍

every one else 😀

Ponca

Absolutely an incredible game! In crunch time in regulation. Glasper hits the 3. Then Williams answers with a 3. Big time nut sac shots for both players. Forrest City is just relentless. You score? They're off to the races to the other end and if they miss all 5 crash the boards. Fun. Fun teams to watch. This was 2nd best high school game I saw this year. 2nd to the 4OT Harrison/PA game.

This is when I miss overalls.

Can you imagine?

Forrest City and Glasper? Cedar Ridge and Reaves? The almighty Parkview? Baptist Prep and their 7-footers? Even the scrappy Bay. Cabot is almost an afterthought and they're 7A champ. And if you ask Bulldog nation, Earle is unbeatable. Overalls would be awesome this year... if there was one.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Ponca on March 12, 2016, 08:23:34 pm
Absolutely an incredible game! In crunch time in regulation. Glasper hits the 3. Then Williams answers with a 3. Big time nut sac shots for both players. Forrest City is just relentless. You score? They're off to the races to the other end and if they miss all 5 crash the boards. Fun. Fun teams to watch. This was 2nd best high school game I saw this year. 2nd to the 4OT Harrison/PA game.

Can you imagine?

Forrest City and Glasper? Cedar Ridge and Reaves? The almighty Parkview? Baptist Prep and their 7-footers? Even the scrappy Emerson. Cabot is almost an afterthought and they're 7A champ. And if you ask Bulldog nation, Earle is unbeatable. Overalls would be awesome this year... if there was one.
I'll take a step further. What about a girls overall? Riverview, WC, Earle, Conway or NLR. Just a thought.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Ponca on March 12, 2016, 08:23:34 pm

Can you imagine?

Forrest City and Glasper? Cedar Ridge and Reaves? The almighty Parkview? Baptist Prep and their 7-footers? Even the scrappy Bay. Cabot is almost an afterthought and they're 7A champ. And if you ask Bulldog nation, Earle is unbeatable. Overalls would be awesome this year... if there was one.

Amen! Crown a "True State Champion"

Corey870

Mustangs Baby WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS🏆.... RJ Glasper With 40 Points And 2 State Championships In 3 Years !!!!!MUSTANG NATION

Corey870

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 09, 2016, 04:36:43 pm
Ask me after Saturday and I'll let you know.
Let Me Ask You Again They Won How Many S/O To My Mustangs Tho WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS Again 2nd Time In 3 Years, But Maumelle Played Great Blew A 13 Point Lead

Ponca

The Robinson injury was huge for Maumelle. Hard to say if that made impact on the final score.

Ponca

Quote from: sportsguy80 on March 12, 2016, 08:32:31 pm
I'll take a step further. What about a girls overall? Riverview, WC, Earle, Conway or NLR. Just a thought.

No doubt. I'd pick Riverview.

In boys? Parkview is favorite. Bay is big underdog. But it's wide open after that.

mijally

Great game. Good to see both teams and their star players step up big. Tough break with Tremont going out but Forrest City was clutch.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Corey870 on March 12, 2016, 08:40:22 pm
Let Me Ask You Again They Won How Many S/O To My Mustangs Tho WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS Again 2nd Time In 3 Years, But Maumelle Played Great Blew A 13 Point Lead

It was a great game. Congrats to FC. The 2 best 5A teams in the state had a heck of a battle. I hope Tremont makes a full and speedy recovery. The Glasper/Williams shootout was something to behold.

Ponca

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 12, 2016, 09:40:27 pm
It was a great game. Congrats to FC. The 2 best 5A teams in the state had a heck of a battle. I hope Tremont makes a full and speedy recovery. The Glasper/Williams shootout was something to behold.

Williams won the 1st half. Glasper won the 2nd half. Those back-to-back 3's at the end of regulation were nuts.

NEark tigers

Quote from: Corey870 on March 12, 2016, 08:36:19 pm
Mustangs Baby WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS🏆.... RJ Glasper With 40 Points And 2 State Championships In 3 Years !!!!!MUSTANG NATION
From one champion to another, congrats from the Bulldog Nation of Earle!!!........

sportsguy80

Corey870

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 12, 2016, 10:30:47 pm
From one champion to another, congrats from the Bulldog Nation of Earle!!!........
NEark Tigers It Was A Great Game, But S/O To My City FORREST CITY & Earle For Bringing State Championships Back To Eastern Arkansas

mr.gametime

Quote from: sportsguy80 on March 13, 2016, 12:06:19 pm
Has either one signed yet?

Shawn Williams from muamelle is committed to East Carolina University

Grond

Congrats to the Mustangs. Way to play hard.

It was two goods teams; tough that someone had to loose.

hogfan7

Great game between two great teams! If they played each other 10 times, I think they would split 5-5.  Very well matched!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Ponca on March 12, 2016, 08:40:26 pm
The Robinson injury was huge for Maumelle. Hard to say if that made impact on the final score.

It definitely had an impact.  It allowed FC's defense to key more on Shawn, and gave us one less ballhandler to deal with their pressure.  It also hurt when John fouled out.  No excuses though - we had some chances to close it out in regulation and either got sloppy or got out-hustled. That said, I gotta give Forrest City credit - they were on the ropes a few times and kept fighting back.  I can't remember watching a more exciting game in person.  Both teams hit one big shot after another.  I do agree with hogfan7, both teams are evenly matched.  They won the one that matters though, and it was a well-deserved championship.

ISU7

Quote from: Corey870 on March 12, 2016, 08:36:19 pm
Outstanding!!! Congrats Stangs!!!

godeep

Most exciting game of tourney  Maumelle good team. Williams-Glasper,lived up to billing. Set the tourney combined points record 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas