• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Friday & Thursday Score Thread

Started by Brian G, March 03, 2016, 10:24:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EarlTheSnakeWhite

Congrats to my Mustangs on a solid victory against an incredible PA team and an incredible player in Lawson Korita!! Survive and advance is all we need right now in tournament play! Looking forward to seeing a slugfest tonight involving the two best teams in 5A ball! Let's get one step closer to getting those rings Mustangs!!

kingoftherapids

March 5, 2015.  The night guard length and good defense shuts down FC

Grond

Here is how Hot Springs should prepare for Forrest City's defense:

Get two 45 lb weights, one in each arm. Walk out into a pool, until the water is about six inches over your head. While holding the weights, struggle to jump up and get air.

That is what Forrest City's defense is like.

Hot Springs has a very good team, and I am not bold enough to tell you Forrest City will win.

All I can say is ........ Ride or Die, Mustangs!!!  8)

mijally

You are playing Hot Springs in their city against another D1 6-3 or 4 high school star. You are going to get called for a million fouls tonight because you foul all the time and are going to be complaing again. That is my guarantee.

lyckedesplit1

The way u r talking we must have beat your team already. ;D ;D ;D please don't hate on great d-fence. And if thats the way the game go we will fight like we did last night.

MrManne35

These guys talking like FC lost the game. Hate after hate but we just keep winning. I guess if you pick against a team long enough you will actually be right one of these days. Every team so far was suppose to shut down FC but I have yet to see it. How about everybody come say how horrible FC is when they actually lose a game otherwise you just sound bitter.

Corey870

U saying HS has a d1 player well so does FC as matter of fact he is ranked higher than any player on HS team. Now don't get me wrong HS is a great team but FC can compete with any team that come at them because of the hearts they have and a legendary coach that prepares them well.... Instead of y'all throwing salt cause FC done put PA out who y'all that would beat FC y'all should be saying they deserve every bit of it, if ur team is out don't hate the next one cause they still rolling let them enjoy their moment and its always next yr for your team....

GO MUSTANGS!!!! FIGHT WIN

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: MrManne35 on March 05, 2016, 10:34:29 am
These guys talking like FC lost the game. Hate after hate but we just keep winning. I guess if you pick against a team long enough you will actually be right one of these days. Every team so far was suppose to shut down FC but I have yet to see it. How about everybody come say how horrible FC is when they actually lose a game otherwise you just sound bitter.

If by 'these guys' you mean 90% of FC fans, then yeah, you'd think they lost. I've never seen fans complain about officials so much after a win. It's pretty funny actually.

MrManne35

It sure is pretty funny. Funny how every team FC play shoots 90 free throws but yet still seem to lose. It's funny how every one picks against FC but they just keep winning. It's a difference in complaining and stating the obvious

lyckedesplit1

This all started because woopork said he was sick at what he saw. And yes he should b sick of seeing how those ref just blatantly mad bad call against FC. Yes we won great job stangs ;D ;D ;D ;D. What makes you hater  ;D ;D will also make you  :'( :'(. Karma is a *****

PA Dad

March 05, 2016, 12:10:07 pm #110 Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:17:41 pm by PA Dad
Congratulations to the Mustangs on a very good win over PA.  The Mustangs played a great game.

You have every right to be proud of your team. No one begrudges you for doing so. But, complaining about the officiating sounds like sour grapes even though you won.

You will never play a perfectly officiated game. But, if you look at the total fouls called last night, they are nearly evenly divided between PA and Forrest City.  That does not appear to be a crew which is biased against Forrest City or in favor of PA.

So, get the chip off of your shoulder and let your team do the talking on the floor.

Corey870

LETS GO MUSTANGS!!!!!! LET EM HATE

MrManne35

The fouls were only even because PA was forced to foul towards the end of the game. It's no chip here because FC play been speaking for itself all year. We know how good they are it's other people who refuse to accept it.

lyckedesplit1

Thxs PA DAD. Yes can admit when I'm wrong. If thats so and i do believe u could be right.  ;D ;D you know how us fans get in the heat of the moment A lot of calls was so questionable and the timing of some of them was horrible. No that cooler heads hads prevail. Its was a great game and the ref are human. So good luck to the four team left ESPECIALLY FORREST CITY MUSTANGS  ;D ;D ;D ;D

PA Dad

Quote from: MrManne35 on March 05, 2016, 12:19:54 pm
The fouls were only even because PA was forced to foul towards the end of the game. It's no chip here because FC play been speaking for itself all year. We know how good they are it's other people who refuse to accept it.

I accept it.  FC  has a heckuva good team.

lyckedesplit1

Mr.Manne35 u have a great point i forgot how much they had to foul at the end. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. So PaDad u was wrong  ;D ;D ;D

lyckedesplit1

Pa Dad u r a fan of the mustangs now

MrManne35

Every team left in the tournament have a great shot at winning. I just want the refs to let the kids decide the game because for some of them this is their last high school game. No matter who win you want to know you lost to the better team and not because the refs took it from you. Any basketball fan can live with that no matter who you root for.

mijally

Quote from: Corey870 on March 05, 2016, 10:42:14 am
U saying HS has a d1 player well so does FC as matter of fact he is ranked higher than any player on HS team. Now don't get me wrong HS is a great team but FC can compete with any team that come at them because of the hearts they have and a legendary coach that prepares them well.... Instead of y'all throwing salt cause FC done put PA out who y'all that would beat FC y'all should be saying they deserve every bit of it, if ur team is out don't hate the next one cause they still rolling let them enjoy their moment and its always next yr for your team....

GO MUSTANGS!!!! FIGHT WIN
Exavian might hang half a hundred on you if he can shoot free throws.

PA Dad

Quote from: lyckedesplit1 on March 05, 2016, 12:25:50 pm
Mr.Manne35 u have a great point i forgot how much they had to foul at the end. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. So PaDad u was wrong  ;D ;D ;D

I agree that probably four or five fouls came at the end of the game when PA was forced to foul.  My broader point, however, is that complaining about the officiating gets you nowhere. There are always going to be bad calls on both sides of the ball. Good teams do not put the game in the hands of the officials. I thought the Mustangs did a good job last night  doing just that.

By the way, I can find nothing on here where the Mustangs have been criticized or where someone has said they do not have a good team. Where have you been disrespected?

PA Dad

Quote from: lyckedesplit1 on March 05, 2016, 12:28:45 pm
Pa Dad u r a fan of the mustangs now

I root for 5A central teams first. But, you are correct – if you are not playing a central team, I will root for the Mustangs!

PA Dad

Quote from: MrManne35 on March 05, 2016, 12:34:28 pm
Every team left in the tournament have a great shot at winning. I just want the refs to let the kids decide the game because for some of them this is their last high school game. No matter who win you want to know you lost to the better team and not because the refs took it from you. Any basketball fan can live with that no matter who you root for.

I think all fans  share that sentiment. Unfortunately, however, no game will be perfectly officiated. I'll make you a bet. If the game today is reasonably close, fans of the losing team will claim that the officiating cost them the game. Want to bet a dollar on it?

MrManne35

You are right. I love the way both the Hot Springs brothers play. I have been following them all year but I see you don't do much research because RJ Glasper can do the same. He don't need free throws to get 50 pts easy.

MrManne35

PA Dad that is a bet I definitely wouldn't take. I know whoever lose will blame it on the officials. I'll be at the game and just want to see a hard fought game.

PA Dad

Quote from: MrManne35 on March 05, 2016, 01:03:29 pm
PA Dad that is a bet I definitely wouldn't take. I know whoever lose will blame it on the officials. I'll be at the game and just want to see a hard fought game.

I think it is safe to say that both games today will be great games.  Good luck to the Mustangs.

MrManne35

Good luck to 5A Central Mills. They have a tough one against Maumelle today. That should be a good one.

jblackmon014

First of all Hot Springs is going to beat FC tonight. I watched PA and FC play last night and FC was lucky to come out with the win. Lawson Korita, although he took a lot of shots, was unstoppable last night and I honestly feel bad for the guy because I feel as though he dominated the game. Had he not gotten tired I can safely say we would be seeing Hot Springs play PA tonight. People said this and that about how good FC is but I wasnt impressed. They won't be able to play with Hot Springs. Yes I am a Hot Springs alumni, played 2 years ago and lost to Harrison, but Hot Springs is clearly the better team, which for one is why they are the #1 ranked team in 5A. I am certain Hot Springs will win it all, and if there was any team going to beat them it would have been Lawson Korita and PA. Now that being said, I wish the best of luck to all the teams, as I know how it feels to be knocked out, especially as a Senior. I still look back to that game against Harrison from time to time. FC plays fast but so does HS. The difference here is that HS has height over FC, also are more athletic, have defense just as good and have better scorers. Hot Springs by 10+ tonight. Go Trojans!

sportsguy80

sportsguy80

MrManne35

Really you feel bad for the guy. He dominated the game and got every foul call but still lost. Saying you guys have the height means nothing because every team FC play has the height advantage but yet they are 24-3 and ranked #2 right behind Hot Springs. I like Hot Springs team but I feel FC will win this game and I'm sure all the teams left also feel they will win it all. If you not thinking this way then why show up.

sportsguy80

Corey870

Quote from: sportsguy80 on March 05, 2016, 01:49:03 pm
15-13 Maumelle end of 1st
Man height don't mean nothing when u mentioning the MUSTANGS almost every team they have played had a height advantage but it didn't matter cause we still won the game.... And u saying you wasn't impressed with how the mustangs performed last night I can say the same bout HS cause they barely survived and they have a pg that can not dribble when under pressure. So just like u feel hs gone win I feel FC gone win

sportsguy80

jblackmon014

Quote from: Corey870 on March 05, 2016, 02:41:58 pm
Man height don't mean nothing when u mentioning the MUSTANGS almost every team they have played had a height advantage but it didn't matter cause we still won the game.... And u saying you wasn't impressed with how the mustangs performed last night I can say the same bout HS cause they barely survived and they have a pg that can not dribble when under pressure. So just like u feel hs gone win I feel FC gone win

I hear you but height is gonna make a difference on the boards tonight. I'll give FC credit they made it this far but they just aren't that good offensively. PA defense was weak. And how is 15 points barely surviving? And if you're talking about the PG #23 Trey Lenox I don't see what you mean he can't handle it under pressure. I havent seen otherwise. Plus one of Hot Springs top scorers got into foul trouble early. We can debate about it til we turn blue in the face. 7:30 you will see what I mean.

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle won 63-59. Great job Hornets!

Corey870

Quote from: jblackmon014 on March 05, 2016, 03:10:50 pm
I hear you but height is gonna make a difference on the boards tonight. I'll give FC credit they made it this far but they just aren't that good offensively. PA defense was weak. And how is 15 points barely surviving? And if you're talking about the PG #23 Trey Lenox I don't see what you mean he can't handle it under pressure. I havent seen otherwise. Plus one of Hot Springs top scorers got into foul trouble early. We can debate about it til we turn blue in the face. 7:30 you will see what I mean.
Mane u must be crazy u name one team in Arkansas that's averaging 83 points again mane u don't know nun bout basketball saying Forrest city ain't good offensively I can't take you serious

The_Pioneer

No one can take you seriously with that poor effort at using the English language.

Corey870

Quote from: The_Pioneer on March 05, 2016, 04:50:37 pm
No one can take you seriously with that poor effort at using the English language.
let me guess u a batesville fan Lol we done blowed you all out twice this season plus y'all didn't make the cut so ain't no sense in u talking period

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: MrManne35 on March 05, 2016, 11:03:53 am
It's a difference in complaining and stating the obvious

Yep, just like the fact that FC committed a lot of fouls. Then again, if FC stopped fouling so much, what would your complaint be then?

kingoftherapids

Quote from: Corey870 on March 05, 2016, 02:41:58 pm

HS point guard had 6 assists, 3 steals and 0 or 1 turnovers.

The_Pioneer

Quote from: Corey870 on March 05, 2016, 04:55:17 pm
let me guess u a batesville fan Lol we done blowed you all out twice this season plus y'all didn't make the cut so ain't no sense in u talking period

Yes you did.  Have you worked on your "would you like fries with that?" lately?  i done thunk you gonna says it alot in the future.

mijally

MDXPHD

mijally

MDXPHD

proud_dad

Forrest City-15
Hot Springs-10
1st about 2:40ish left

proud_dad

Forrest City-20
Hot Springs-16
End of 1st

proud_dad

Forrest City-33
Hot Springs-31
Halftime!!!!
I expect a battle in the second half!!!!!

proud_dad

Forrest City-44
Hot Springs-46
Start of 4th
Do or die time Mustangs!!!

proud_dad

Forrest City-53
Hot Springs-53
4th 1:30 to go!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas