• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weather Postponements - post them here

Started by sevenof400, February 23, 2016, 11:46:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Due to concerns about the potential of bad weather, Beebe at North Pulaski has been postponed until Thursday, Feb 25.

Titan Spirit

I didn't think cent ark was expecting ice or snow?

hogfan7

February 23, 2016, 01:57:45 pm #2 Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 02:40:42 pm by hogfan7
It's the high winds & power outages coming along with the rain surge (that is the threat that was mentioned on their website).

Titan Spirit

so NP canceled a game because the power might go out?
are they the only ones to do this?

Rayburn

Beebe canceled, not NP. And yes, so far they are the only ones in central Arkansas to have canceled.

TheOfficial

Titan Spirit

has to be more to it.. never have heard of a game canceled for potential power outage..

sevenof400

QuoteDue to weather and travel concerns the game for tonight has been postponed until Thursday night.

..was the explanation given.

Titan Spirit

i saw it is suppose to be cold thursday night i wonder if beebe will be able to make it

sevenof400

Quote from: Titan Spirit on February 24, 2016, 12:51:49 pm
i saw it is suppose to be cold thursday night i wonder if beebe will be able to make it

Don't encourage them.....

hogfan7

Come on people! Use your head here.  Beebe's girls are the #1 seed in the Central.  By playing last night, this would end the regular season and put a 7 day wait for the next game, which is the first round of the state tournament on Tuesday.  By postponing the game, it gives Beebe only a 4 day wait for the first round instead of a 7 day wait.  It keeps them from being stagnant or too rested. Pretty smart on Beebe's part.

Titan Spirit

pretty crappy of beebe if you ask me
the very last game for np ever. granted they are
not very good but they had a big event planned and
were hoping for a really good crowd and beebe pulls
that crap...

hogfan7

Quote from: Titan Spirit on February 24, 2016, 02:46:54 pm
pretty crappy of beebe if you ask me
the very last game for np ever. granted they are
not very good but they had a big event planned and
were hoping for a really good crowd and beebe pulls
that crap...
FYI...both schools have to agree for postponement.  NP agreed to it, so why blame just Beebe? 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas