• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cabot High School's new field

Started by PantherAlumn96, July 21, 2014, 08:51:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PantherAlumn96

Drove by the stadium today and the new field turf looks awesome. Looks better than most college fields. Red end zones and big tribal panther head in the middle of the field. Now all they need to do is update the 80's uniforms. I could come up with a dozen designs that would look good with the new scheme they got going on. I would go with black pants with the red jerseys. Form fitting of course instead of the loose fitting one's they have now. Put the black tribal panther head on the red helmet and there ya go. What does everyone else think and why haven't they gotten new uniforms yet. Give me your input.

Uncle Ivan

Baitshop

Air Raider

Quote from: PantherAlumn96 on July 21, 2014, 08:51:10 pmWhat does everyone else think and why haven't they gotten new uniforms yet. Give me your input.

Field looks great.
Coach doesn't want new uniforms.  If he wanted nice things like new uniforms, he would have them.  The school has the money.  If money was the issue, he would allow a booster club to raise money.  But he won't.  #stuckinthe60s

Baitshop

Quote from: PantherAlumn96 on July 21, 2014, 08:51:10 pm
What does everyone else think and why haven't they gotten new uniforms yet. Give me your input.

Because that would be like putting T-tops on a Studebaker..??..??

StraightFacts

Nice field. They real deserved it, by there great season last year

ricepig

Baitshop

SouthpawSensation

PressBox-81

Wonder if they addressed the draining issues.

Has lots of areas that puddle really bad along the visitors side of the field and in the curves of the track.

Locutus

Quote from: StraightFacts on July 22, 2014, 11:32:51 am
What would they have deserved had they actually not lost the championship game?

Air Raider

Quote from: Locutus on July 22, 2014, 10:05:27 pm
Quote from: StraightFacts on July 22, 2014, 11:32:51 am
What would they have deserved had they actually not lost the championship game?

New uniforms??   ;D

zebradynasty

Too be honest I thought Cabot already had turf! :-\

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on July 23, 2014, 03:19:31 pm

They did, they just installed replacement turf.

zebradynasty

Ok now that makes sense! So why is everyone acting like it's a new day in Cabot?

PantherAlumn96

Quote from: zebradynasty on July 23, 2014, 03:48:19 pm
Ok now that makes sense! So why is everyone acting like it's a new day in Cabot?
The old turf they had was fairly plain imo. The new field they are putting down looks a lot better. It has red end zones and sidelines and a big panther head in the middle. I just figured if they had the $$ to put something like that down then they could pay for new uniforms also. The uniforms are so outdated and doesn't match this new team logo and color scheme they are doing right now. I'm sure it is MM though. Stuck in the 80's.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: zebradynasty on July 23, 2014, 03:19:31 pm
The only thing older than the turf that was just replaced at Cabot is the Panthers' offense, or MM ... but hey, if it isn't broke, don't try to fix it!

StraightFacts

The Same Thing. Nothing wrong being the 2nd best team in the STATE.

Locutus

Except that it only matters if you are the BEST team in the state.

StraightFacts

That's your opinion. I'm pretty sure A LOT of coaches/players would love to be the 2nd best team in the STATE

Locutus

NLR4Eva

Air Raider

Quote from: StraightFacts on July 23, 2014, 09:47:48 pm
That's your opinion. I'm pretty sure A LOT of coaches/players would love to be the 2nd best team in the STATE

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and
that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay,
and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl
game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has
been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win,
and to win.

StraightFacts

Yeah tell that to the kids on the worst teams in the state. They'll look at you crazy. All some kids want to be is RELEVANT! And being the 2nd best time in the WHOLE state put you in the conversation

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: StraightFacts on July 24, 2014, 01:46:42 pm
Yeah tell that to the kids on the worst teams in the state. They'll look at you crazy. All some kids want to be is RELEVANT! And being the 2nd best time in the WHOLE state put you in the conversation

I tend to agree. Just going to War Memorial Stadium for a state title game is a huge honor. Kids will remember that their entire lives, whether they win or not.

Locutus

They will remember it alright, they will remember that they won or lost. If they win, they are CHAMPIONS of the state in the largest classification in the state. If they lose, they are losers of the biggest game in the largest classification in the state. They will remember they lost it, and over the years, the loss will become more and more filled with the what ifs'. What if we had done this, what if we had done that, what if we had the same refs that we had in Cabot when we beat NLR. What if it didn't rain, what if we could run something other than the dead t, what if the offense tried harder, what if the defense could have covered somebody. What if the 7A West didn't have football programs, what if the Central only had to play 6A teams. What if, what if, what if, what if??????? If you win, you are CHAMPIONS for the rest of your lives. If you lose, well maybe you get another chance for redemption. If not, well, what if?

Locutus

At least they have the new jerseys that they can tuck in their pants.

Rayburn

Quote from: Locutus on July 24, 2014, 07:14:06 pm
They will remember it alright, they will remember that they won or lost. If they win, they are CHAMPIONS of the state in the largest classification in the state. If they lose, they are losers of the biggest game in the largest classification in the state. They will remember they lost it, and over the years, the loss will become more and more filled with the what ifs'. What if we had done this, what if we had done that, what if we had the same refs that we had in Cabot when we beat NLR. What if it didn't rain, what if we could run something other than the dead t, what if the offense tried harder, what if the defense could have covered somebody. What if the 7A West didn't have football programs, what if the Central only had to play 6A teams. What if, what if, what if, what if??????? If you win, you are CHAMPIONS for the rest of your lives. If you lose, well maybe you get another chance for redemption. If not, well, what if?
If you think this is all true, it says a lot about you and your priorities in life.

mack

I'm going to hate myself, but we are in agreement here.

mack

Well, I guess we'll have to disagree here.  Winning a state championship doesn't really teach much of anything.  The preparation and journey to that end teaches a lot more.  Thing is, the preparation and journey for a runner up is pretty much the same journey, just a different conclusion.  To say the defeated of a state championship game is a 'loser', is unwarranted. 

My daughter has a NLR state champ ring, and a runner up finish on her resume.  She will tell you that although she enjoyed the championship more, she learned more about herself in the loss in the finals a year earlier.

So in my opinion, hats off to Cabot for a fine year and  runner up appearance in the championship game.  The same to BV the year before, and so on.

Locutus

She redeemed herself, most don't even get that chance. I promise you, had she not won it the next year, there would have always been the what if's.

Locutus

Of course, if you've never won one, you wouldn't understand anyway.

Spaulding

I also disagree with this. If you or your kid cannot get anything out of 2nd place, or even 4th place or whatever, the leadership of that program is sorely lacking. What you are implying is that only one team in the entire state had a season worth playing for.

Yes, there are always what ifs- just like I wonder if I should have handled a new potential customer differently. My kid was a rather significant contributor to 1 state championship and lost 2 others. The first loss to Fay in 2012 was devestating because most felt that B'ville was far the better team. They got out schemed, Lunney Jr made stubborn play calls, a senior LB gets burned multiple times on drag routes, etc. The following year, the kids were not nearly as devestated and they should not have been. The two teams were evenly matched. Fay couldn't do much vs B'ville D and Fay D knew B'ville couldn't throw the ball- other than the picks.

Sorry for the ramble, but, in my opinion there is nothing wrong with 2nd place or worse if you are maximizing your potential. Typically one team is simply better than the other.

7AFBFAN

I would hope the kids and coaches who gave their all think of it a little differently than just thinking what if. I sure hope the loser of a state championship game can look back and appreciate the accomplishment of being in that game. A lot of kids never get close and surely they don't all consider their seasons a failure. Carry on.

mack

Quote from: Locutus on July 25, 2014, 07:07:15 pm

Starter 1971 NLR State Basketball Champ.  I understand very well.

Spaulding

Quote from: mack on July 26, 2014, 07:48:44 am

Back in the days of the Fletch-like Afros!  And also just prior to the beginning of Conway's run thru the 70's.

Locutus

Just win baby, that's all that you have to do.

mack

Quote from: Spaulding on July 26, 2014, 04:00:29 pm
Quote from: mack on July 26, 2014, 07:48:44 am

Back in the days of the Fletch-like Afros!  And also just prior to the beginning of Conway's run thru the 70's.

Last one till we two- peated the last two years.  Parkview, Pine Bluff and Conway dominated subsequently.

Locutus

And a "little" team from the east.

mack

Air Raider

Quote from: Rayburn on July 25, 2014, 11:12:00 am
If you think this is all true, it says a lot about you and your priorities in life.

I guess I don't get it.  His priorities are screwed up because he strives to be the best and is not satisified with second best?  I'm glad you don't work for me.

Quote from: mack on July 25, 2014, 12:03:37 pm
Winning a state championship doesn't really teach much of anything.  The preparation and journey to that end teaches a lot more.

I think some of you are taking what he said the wrong way. 

I agree with your statement here, but being satisified with coming "second" is the issue here.  Name any of the greats out there in any sport - how many do you think were satisified with being second best?  Sure second best in the world is great, but do they get out of bed every morning satisfied with being second best??

That's one of the MANY things that is wrong with our country today.  One of the qualities that made this country great was the desire to be the BEST at anything we did.  We changed the world with that attitude. 

Many life lessons are taught along with way, in the preparation, and there are many taught with both winning and losing a championship.   

Anyone who laces a pair of shoes and steps out on the grass at WM and walks off being completely satisfied just cause they got to play there - well attitude is great, ambition was severely lacking. 

2bhsboys

Isn't it football season yet, so everyone can get off last year, last season. This is a fresh year an normally after spring ball you forget about last year and start figuring out what is going to happen this year. I like our chances and will put us up against anyone, but after 6 seasons I also know nothing is given, everything is earned. so the boys better strap-it-up and leave it on the field.
Because while it is good to be in the game, it is better to win.
The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room. - Iceman

mack

Quote from: 2bhsboys on July 28, 2014, 10:14:53 am
Isn't it football season yet, so everyone can get off last year, last season. This is a fresh year an normally after spring ball you forget about last year and start figuring out what is going to happen this year. I like our chances and will put us up against anyone, but after 6 seasons I also know nothing is given, everything is earned. so the boys better strap-it-up and leave it on the field.
Because while it is good to be in the game, it is better to win.
The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room. - Iceman

OK

Locutus

Locutus

Quote from: Air Raider on July 28, 2014, 09:59:29 am
Quote from: Rayburn on July 25, 2014, 11:12:00 am

I guess I don't get it.  His priorities are screwed up because he strives to be the best and is not satisified with second best?  I'm glad you don't work for me.

Quote from: mack on July 25, 2014, 12:03:37 pm
Winning a state championship doesn't really teach much of anything.  The preparation and journey to that end teaches a lot more.

I think some of you are taking what he said the wrong way. 

I agree with your statement here, but being satisified with coming "second" is the issue here.  Name any of the greats out there in any sport - how many do you think were satisified with being second best?  Sure second best in the world is great, but do they get out of bed every morning satisfied with being second best??

That's one of the MANY things that is wrong with our country today.  One of the qualities that made this country great was the desire to be the BEST at anything we did.  We changed the world with that attitude. 

Many life lessons are taught along with way, in the preparation, and there are many taught with both winning and losing a championship.   

Anyone who laces a pair of shoes and steps out on the grass at WM and walks off being completely satisfied just cause they got to play there - well attitude is great, ambition was severely lacking.
You say things a lot nicer than I do, and I agree whole heartedly, especially the part about being glad some of these folks don't work for me. Fact is, they couldn't work for me, I would cull them out within the first couple of days.

The TruthSayer

August 06, 2014, 04:52:41 pm #47 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:55:28 pm by The TruthSayer
Quote from: Air Raider on July 24, 2014, 01:42:48 pm

and to win.

AirRaider you have bad mouthed MM on here for several years.  When exactly did you play at Green Bay and finish second?  Maybe you know more than I give you credit for but if you want to have creditability, you need to state when you played for the Packers!

Air Raider

Quote from: The TruthSayer on August 06, 2014, 04:52:41 pm
Quote from: Air Raider on July 24, 2014, 01:42:48 pm

and to win.

AirRaider you have bad mouthed MM on here for several years.  When exactly did you play at Green Bay and finish second?  Maybe you know more than I give you credit for but if you want to have creditability, you need to state when you played for the Packers!

TruthSayer, that might be one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen?  I'm trying to figure out if you are being serious and have no idea who said what I quoted or just trolling?? 

In the event you have no clue, Vince Lombardi said that in a (very famous) speech.  It's a quote.  Sorry I didn't totally qualify the post, I kinda made the bad assumption that anyone that kept up with football at all, would probably have at least seen that once.  Might want to read the whole thing - http://www.vincelombardi.com/number-one.html

In the event you're just trolling, ok.  Next?

Rayburn

Yea. I don't think I'm going to worry too much about whether or not I'd be "culled" by someone who thinks and acts like you two - Airy and Loco. Because trust me, in the eyes of those  of us who aren't gnawed inside for the rest of our lives for not winning a sports tournament when we were kids, you're both an embarrassment for whom I'd never work.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas