• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prayers for Carlos Burton

Started by DeeGee, July 19, 2014, 09:49:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeeGee

Carlos was in a 3 car accident this morning and is currently in surgery. Not sure at the moment of all details just know it's pretty serious. Prayers would be very much appreciated for this young man. Will try to update his condition when known. Thanks in advance.

DeeGee

At this point all I know is he has tears to his lungs which caused them to collapse and abdominal trauma.

centralarfan

Will definitely keep Carlos in my prayers. Get well soon CB!!!

AirWarren

DeeGee

Update: Carlos was air lifted to Little rock. He reinjuried his knee he just had surgery on for the ACL year (bone exposed and broken), shattered femur, broke arm, collapsed lungs, facial damage. 2 others from GR Alfread Tuggle and JD Shreiner were also in the accident. JD has a broken collar bone. Tuggle has several lacerations. Prayers for all 3 involved. Big blow for the Glen Rose community. Thank you all.

centralarfan

DeeGee

AirWarren

WPWells

OLDSCHOOL82

The young men are in our prayers. 

adaptedtigerfan

As much lack of respect as I have for GR this is never good to hear.  I hope & pray all is well and all 3 heal speedily.

Proud Buckaroo

DeeGee

July 19, 2014, 12:31:06 pm #12 Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 01:25:24 pm by DeeGoldie
Sorry you don't have have respect for GR. This is a serious situation about a 3 young men. I could say the same for some Charleston players as well BUT if the situation were reversed I'd have left the lack of respect out and just gave you well wishes. Thank you though. Remember, these are young men. Don't judge them on a few. Again thanks. Sorry if you take this rude but I've known these boys a very long time and I find your "lack of respect" rude and uncalled for at this time. Have a good day. Bless you.

jr17

Huge prayers from mayflower to the players and their families as well as their football family. Hopefully a full and speedy recovery for these young men

Pastureboy21

That is horrible news. So praying he will be okay

eaglefan568

Mohawk 54

IndependentFootballFan

DeeGee

Carlos is out of surgery and is at Baptist Hospital in Little Rock. Not sure of his condition at this time.

Oldbadger

Terrible news.  Prayers from Arkadelphia.

DeeGee

Just so everyone knows, Carlos was not the driver. He was the passenger in the car. The driver was racing another car and lost control of the car. Driver and other passenger walked away with minor injuries compared to Carlos. He took the blunt force of the impact. Please continue to pray because it is well needed. Really would not like to go into detail just know it's a bad situation and keep him and his family in your prayers. Yes this this a hard blow to GR team but even harder blow to his family and his team mates that have grown up with him. Please keep them in your prayers as well because the whole community is taking this very hard. God Bless You All. And thank you for your prayers.

centralarfan

I am taking it hard myself. I just met CB a few months ago because he trains with my son. I would have never imagined such a well mannered kid would be dealing with such adversity his senior season. I was looking forward to seeing him have another successful season. I was at the SPARQ Combine when he scored 107. His smile lit up the place because his hard work paid off. I will continue to keep CB in my thoughts and prayers.

DeeGee

Thank you for your kind words. He is an amazing young man and such a motivator to the guys. Not only is he an amazing athlete he has a heart as big as the world. He thrives on being better than he was year before and it's awful that the chance for him to do so has now been taken away. It's heartbreaking for any athlete and their family and friends. I'm just praying for the best and at this time a miracle.

Hoghead

Prayer to all involved and the Glen Rose Community !!!!

KOJACK

Prayers from Prescott. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

CHSfan88

Prayers from Charleston, may God bless all involved and their families.

North Face

Frosty

Prayers for this young man and the other two. It's tough on kids when events like this happen. I've not seen him play, but he apparently is a very good athlete. Prayers for a full and complete recovery of injuries and for the families involved.

Jacketman65

I knew that Carlos was injured at the Auburn camp, but didn't know about the car accident with him and the other 2 players.  Pray that all recover quickly and for Carlos totally.  Maybe God has a different plan for this young man.

Hogwild#9

BUCK FEVER

such a bitter pill to have to swallow for this young man and his family, My spirit tells me god has a special plan this young man,

It is always tuff to lose a season of high school football but double tuff to lose your senior season, I pray that god will touch this young man and his family and relieve them of there pain and disappointments, I pray that our father in heaven will replace there pain with a calming peace  and show them that brighter days are ahead,

all things happen for a reason , god will open doors in the future for this young man.

praying for a fast and full recovery.

amen.

Buck Fever

DeeGee

The other 2 are not current players. They had already graduated. Last I heard Carlos is doing well for the injuries he has. Yes it's a tough blow to him and his family. Not only will he not play his senior year but may not be able to play again period. I pray he proves us all wrong and makes it back on the field someday. It won't be in high school though. Thank you all for your prayers. Very much appreciated. I do let his aunt know what each of you have to say. Trust me when I say his family is very grateful for all the kind words. Bless you all.

Iron Owl

Horrible run of luck of this young man, who is so talented.  Prayers for a full recovery to go out to Carlos, his family and the Glen Rose community.

1-Adam-12

Prayers from Booneville, such a terrible thing to happen.

DeeGee

Update: Carlos is well Carlos. He is up walking some and is very motivated and staying positive. The drs are saying that his progress is way better than expected and said they see no reason he will not be able to play college football. Prayer is awesome! He said to thank everyone for their prayers and his eyes and heart are set to be back on a football field by this time next year. At this point he has 15% usage of his leg without the machine and 80% with. That's completely amazing with his injuries. All of his drs expect a full recovery and him to be back on a college level by next year. My son talks to Carlos everyday and he is still the same positive motivator as always. Again thank you all.

DogsWin7

God Is Good!  So glad to hear he's in great spirits and he will make a fast recovery!

DeeGee

We were too. He looks a little rough but his spirit is as big as the world! He is healing amazingly for the injuries he has. Determination goes a very long way. Mixed with the power of prayer equals everyday miracles!  God is great!

WPWells

DeeGee

Yes he is! My son was at church camp when this happened and I called and told him. He said they had a massive prayer circle for Carlos. As my son said he has SWAG. Serving With Amazing Grace!

adaptedtigerfan

DeeGee

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on July 29, 2014, 10:03:17 pm
That's good to hear DG.
Thank you. I was kinda blown away seeing his progress. Told him can't wait to see him on the big screen!! Just trying to keep you all updated.

Ventman

Jacketman65

Good to hear the news, hope his progress continues!

redandgray

just saw this.....prayers from Rivercrest

ISU7

Lions84

Prayers sent that he continues to get better.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas