• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cuckoobird

ricepig

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 17, 2014, 03:44:28 pm
Quote from: cuckoobird on July 17, 2014, 02:01:22 pm
Is it close to Marvell?

There's a huge two story blind somewhere in that area.

I'm sure he copied it off of one he had seen. He doesn't have a shortage of lumber available, haha.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on July 17, 2014, 01:59:17 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on July 17, 2014, 01:37:06 pm
Now you know I'm not the _ _ _ _ type.  I just added 1,000 acres to the 1,000 we already had, so I could avoid those kind of hunts.

What, this is on a private farm/club, haha. A buddy of mine built it on an ox-bow lake of his. It's down in south Arkansas, pretty fun to be on.

I meant I'm not a social hunter - what excites me is my Pirogue, Cypress Swamp, and a very low profile.  I've only been on public land once - never do that again.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on July 17, 2014, 06:05:29 pm
Quote from: ricepig on July 17, 2014, 01:59:17 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on July 17, 2014, 01:37:06 pm
Now you know I'm not the _ _ _ _ type.  I just added 1,000 acres to the 1,000 we already had, so I could avoid those kind of hunts.

What, this is on a private farm/club, haha. A buddy of mine built it on an ox-bow lake of his. It's down in south Arkansas, pretty fun to be on.

I meant I'm not a social hunter - what excites me is my Pirogue, Cypress Swamp, and a very low profile.  I've only been on public land once - never do that again.

I agree we the public land, haven't hunted it since my college days. I do enjoy the fellowship with old friends, we've got a group that goes duck hunting in south Arkansas, and bird hunting south of San Antonio.

HorseFeathers

61 degrees on July 17th....With a nice steady rain....gotta love it

Go Postal

A lot of people blame the "weird" crazy weather that we have been having over the years to Global Warming.  Yes, this can be true.  Conspiracy people think that it is because the US is trying to find a way to control the weather with H.A.A.R.P as in this link...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program

What ever the reason, I still like the cool weather that we have had in July.  I probably will complain of the weather this winter.

IAW, what happened to the four equal seasons that I remember as a kid in Arkansas?

Maybe, instead of gearing up for the Zombie Apocalypse, that I should start to get my Mammoth hunting gear together.  LOL.

Valleysports

The way I understand it - summers have been a lot hotter, over the last few decades, than when you were a kid.  I got that from my buddy, an Air Condition Man, who told me that the industry has had to adapt to it. Global Warming / Cooling has been going on since the beginning of time - kinda glad, I think duck hunting would be hard with Dinasaurs face bombing everyone's Go Pro's - question is, are WE having an effect on the Global Climate or not?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Valleysports on July 17, 2014, 11:20:35 pm
I think duck hunting would be hard with Dinasaurs face bombing everyone's

Even worse is when they start the actual bombing.

DogsWin7

The weather is so screwed up that my weather app can't even get data!!   

I get cranky when the sun doesn't shine.   :(

School will start here in less than a month and the kids haven't even hardly got to enjoy the lake etc...it's been unseasonably cool. 

I dread winter.

Valleysports

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 18, 2014, 12:30:28 pm
The weather is so screwed up that my weather app can't even get data!!   

I get cranky when the sun doesn't shine.   :(

School will start here in less than a month and the kids haven't even hardly got to enjoy the lake etc...it's been unseasonably cool. 

I dread winter.

You saying skin cancer might trend down due to the summer of 14?

Breitontime

Kids have enjoyed the lake plenty. While cooler, it's still been upper 80's-90's a good bit.

I'm ready for this stupid High School Nationals fishing tournament to wrap up on the lake here so we can get back on the wake boards.

Go Postal

July 18, 2014, 08:17:03 pm #2261 Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:20:43 pm by Go Postal
One guy at work pointed out on how many fogs that we have in August, should mean how many snow falls that we should have this Winter, maybe Spring.  Farmer's Almanac?  We will see...

Thank God that we have Basketball indoors.  Soccer can have orange/yellow balls.  Baseball, I don't what to tell you.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Go Postal on July 18, 2014, 08:17:03 pm
One guy at work pointed out on how many fogs that we have in August, should mean how many snow falls that we should have this Winter, maybe Spring.  Farmer's Almanac?  We will see...

Thank God that we have Basketball indoors.  Soccer can have orange/yellow balls.  Baseball, I don't what to tell you.

I haven't looked at the actual Farmer's Almanac this y ear, but my mom got a calendar from the co-op this year that has just about nailed all the weather patterns so far....

True Believer

Well even though it has not been lake weather, this has been a wonderful weekend! 

Breitontime

Played a spectacularly bad round of golf today. Beautiful day. Had 11 birdie putts, par putts on all 18. Ended up shooting a couple over. One of those rounds it's hard to be mad at, but couldn't for the life of me get the flat stick going.

ricepig

Another round of T-storms this afternoon, mostly just some wind and heavy rain. Looks like a potential round of below average temps next week, I hope so.

Brian G

Dangest wind I ever saw.  Full light and 70 MPH.  No thunder.  Trees, power, boat docks and more all messed up in NWA.  The rain barely hit me but I swear from 25 minutes I saw old and mature trees bending like never before.

Oddity.

AirWarren

Quote from: B.G. on July 23, 2014, 05:50:51 pm
Dangest wind I ever saw.  Full light and 70 MPH.  No thunder.  Trees, power, boat docks and more all messed up in NWA.  The rain barely hit me but I swear from 25 minutes I saw old and mature trees bending like never before.

Oddity.

I bet you were like Tom Cruise on War of the worlds.

ricepig

My oldest headed back up to Fay yesterday. I checked in to see if he did any studying today as that was the premise, to get a 100+hours in before he takes the GMAT. Of course, he mentioned the electricity being off, cleaning the house, etc. I reminded him there was still 500,000bu of rice to move, he said he thought he'd get some in tonight, haha.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on July 23, 2014, 06:52:21 pm
My oldest headed back up to Fay yesterday. I checked in to see if he did any studying today as that was the premise, to get a 100+hours in before he takes the GMAT. Of course, he mentioned the electricity being off, cleaning the house, etc. I reminded him there was still 500,000bu of rice to move, he said he thought he'd get some in tonight, haha.

Haha. My dad used those "family cheap labor" tactics on me too.

Go Postal

July 23, 2014, 08:01:09 pm #2270 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:04:23 pm by Go Postal
A old (Mtn Home) school mate of mine that works on ESPN 104 took a great video on facebook of what looked like a funnel cloud coming down in Harrison near Home Depot.  It didn't develop all the way to a twister, but it did then rain like a SOB afterward.  DHfan, check it out on my fb.

Uncle Ivan

Yesterday I washed and buffed the truck with gloss.

Today, rain.

It figures.

Go Postal

July 23, 2014, 08:41:37 pm #2272 Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 08:43:37 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 23, 2014, 08:35:12 pm

Today, rain.

It figures.
Then it should be clean and shiny. :D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Go Postal on July 23, 2014, 08:41:37 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on July 23, 2014, 08:35:12 pm

Today, rain.

It figures.
Then it should be clean and shiny. :D

If only it worked that way lol

DogsWin7

July 24, 2014, 11:52:38 am #2274 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 11:57:47 am by DiehardFBfan
nm

DogsWin7

How about that heat index today??? 

105*

Jacketman65

Yep, nice and humid today, but you will probably need your blanket again next week!

DogsWin7

Where I live we are under a Heat Advisory.   It's already 92* says it feels like 96* according to my many weather apps!   Thursday and Friday should be cooler like you mentioned Jacketman....Highs in the upper 70's to low 80's.  Crazy Summer Weather!    Everyone Stay Cool! 8)

I found I like the Ark_Weather_App.  It gives State weather history for each day of the year!

HorseFeathers

put a thermometer in the sun yesterday and it hit 115. . .don't know how close to actual temp that was but i know it was hot. . .

Breitontime

Hopefully it is as nice this weekend as they say it will be.

We're planning on hopping on the bikes and heading to Kansas City to go ride the new worlds tallest water slide at the Schlitterbahn.

AirWarren

Orange beach. Here we come.

sevenof400

Get outside today.

Right now.

Do not delay.

79 degrees at 11:00 am on July 29th.

Enjoy while you can.

That is all.

AirWarren

Quote from: sevenof400 on July 29, 2014, 10:53:06 am
Get outside today.

Right now.

Do not delay.

79 degrees at 11:00 am on July 29th.

Enjoy while you can.

That is all.

My 12 is over at 1900. Ugh.

Breitontime

I'm kicking out of the shop early today to go play 18. 36 if time permits.

DogsWin7

Rain Rain Go Away.   I imagine the grass will still be green in late August!   :)

DogsWin7

The weather has been unseasonably cool it seems for early August. 

Breitontime

It has been an unseasonably cool summer in general.

DogsWin7

I don't remember having to mow this much either in a long time. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 04, 2014, 10:16:58 pm
I don't remember having to mow this much either in a long time. 

Every two weeks here, like clockwork.  Shorter if it rains like it did earlier this year.

Summer of 2012 was when there wasn't much mowing.  Yard died because it was so hot with no rain.

Go Postal

Anyone counting the fogs in August to see how many snows that we will have in Winter?

Jacketman65

I wish it would rain again.  I like to mow!

HorseFeathers

go postal i've never heard of that but we're at two or three in my neck of the woods

AirWarren

It was beautiful on the gulf when we were there. Low humidity, breeze, hardly any waves. I couldn't believe it.

DogsWin7

Sounds like you had a nice time.    It's 88 degrees, and not overly humid today, which I like!!

Go Postal,  I have never counted the fogs but I'm hoping it isn't accurate, it's been quiet foggy where I live.      Mowed Saturday, looks like I did nothing!   I wish I could mow every two weeks.  I'd need a brush hog by then or my neighbors cows. 

AirWarren

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 05, 2014, 12:15:24 pm
Sounds like you had a nice time.    It's 88 degrees, and not overly humid today, which I like!!

Go Postal,  I have never counted the fogs but I'm hoping it isn't accurate, it's been quiet foggy where I live.      Mowed Saturday, looks like I did nothing!   I wish I could mow every two weeks.  I'd need a brush hog by then or my neighbors cows. 
Oh yes. I could easily live the "Salt Life" as everyone calls it down there.

Breitontime

I see tons of people in Arkansas with Salt Life stickers on their car. It makes me laugh, along with most of the local coastals.

AirWarren

Oh I know. I laugh at Arkansas people with those stickers. I don't wear the apparel because Arkansas has zero salt water! Ha

cuckoobird

Quote from: AirWarren on August 06, 2014, 03:33:41 pm
Oh I know. I laugh at Arkansas people with those stickers. I don't wear the apparel because Arkansas has zero salt water! Ha
I know people with salt water pools, actually I had one until recently

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 06, 2014, 03:35:15 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on August 06, 2014, 03:33:41 pm
I know people with salt water pools, actually I had one until recently

Why did you switch, ours is a salt water.

Valleysports

August 06, 2014, 05:02:32 pm #2299 Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 05:25:23 pm by Valleysports
This sure has been an easy year with the pool.  Haven't added any water - wife has put a couple chlorine tabs in the traps (I usually pour a little true value bleach in it, but she's gotten fancy) - We've added a few lbs of Baking Soda (PH), again because she brought it home instead of Borax.  Secret to a clean pool is that PH - people who buy a lot of chemicals don't understand this. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas