• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Henderson has new women's basketball coach

Started by SouthpawSensation, August 21, 2006, 06:26:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthpawSensation

For all you Lady Reddie fans and those who keep up with GSC basketball:
ARKADELPHIA, Ark. (AP) — Joshua Matthews was named Henderson State's women's basketball coach Monday.
Matthews replaces Jeff Caldwell, who resigned in July to become the men's coach at Northwest Mississippi Community College.
Matthews coached at Labette Community College in Kansas for five seasons, leading the Lady Cardinals to a 101-52 record. They went 29-4 last season and won the Jayhawk League Eastern Conference title.
"We are pleased and very excited to have Josh lead our women's basketball program," Henderson State athletic director Sam Goodwin said. "He built a great program at Labette and he will be a great addition to our program."
Henderson State has made the Division II quarterfinals twice in the last three years, and the Lady Reddies have won at least 20 games each of the last four seasons.
"Henderson State has a great tradition and I want to build on that tradition," Matthews said. "There is a lot of excitement here regarding Lady Reddie basketball and I look forward to the challenges ahead."

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas