• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We lost our Offensive Coordinator!

Started by muleriderfan, June 20, 2006, 04:26:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

muleriderfan

I heard from a friend today that SAU lost our offensive Coordintor. Man this is bad timing for the coming up fall. How many weeks do we have to find another one. Will Quinn call the plays if we don't find another one. Who will coach the quarterbacks? Man i think we are in trouble!
Like i said bad timing.

Tommy Larendean left SAU to take the Offensive Coordinator position at West Georgia.

SouthpawSensation

Usually coaching contracts go from July 1 to June 30 of the following year, so convention wisdom says that SAU needs to work very quickly in order to get one in time. That's not to mention that a new offensive coordinator needs time with the other coaches in order to get everybody on the same page and the new OC familiar with the Muleriders' playbook.

R. A.™

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on June 21, 2006, 03:39:08 pm
and the new OC familiar with the Muleriders' playbook.

Don't you mean the Muleriders familiar with the OC's playbook? Otherwise why would he be called the OC?

muleriderfan

No i think he was correct. The OC needs to get familiar with the Muleriders playbook. Why would you change the offense a month before reporting date. I think the new OC must run our offense at least the first year. Then he may make changes in the spring, if Quinn will let him.

R. A.™

Quote from: muleriderfan on June 22, 2006, 10:31:16 am
No i think he was correct. The OC needs to get familiar with the Muleriders playbook. Why would you change the offense a month before reporting date. I think the new OC must run our offense at least the first year. Then he may make changes in the spring, if Quinn will let him.

Then who do they expect to come in and be lured to SAU as the OC only to get there and instead of implementing your offense you have to implement someone elses offense.  That is not what the OC does, sounds like trouble in mulerider pastures

seark66

Quote from: R. A.™ on June 22, 2006, 01:16:43 pm
Then who do they expect to come in and be lured to SAU as the OC only to get there and instead of implementing your offense you have to implement someone elses offense. That is not what the OC does, sounds like trouble in mulerider pastures

I doubt they will hire an OC. I would imagine either Quinn would call the plays, or another coach would be elevated into the position. Like has been said, bringing in a new OC a month before two-a-days is nothing more than a recipie for disaster.

It would be much more logical to simply hire another position coach than it would be to bring in a brand new OC.

muleriderfan

To me it is all a disaster. There is no one on staff that can coach the QB's. We lost our DB/ strength coach a couple of months ago. What is left? What about the darn schedule we are playing this year. HOLY COW! It is looking ugly. Not to be too negative but man! I hope we can get the wagons rolling before the wheels fall off.

CoachJ

You guys should have went after Malzahn.  You would have got a lot of recruits with him.  :)

R. A.™

Quote from: CoachJ on June 29, 2006, 06:40:09 pm
You guys should have went after Malzahn.  You would have got a lot of recruits with him.  :)

?

Turner

pathos

Er... I heard we got a new one already.

muleriderfan

Who Patho's? I haven't heard that one yet.

pathos

Don't know who, but a friend of mine had lunch with some players a week or two ago, and they were telling him about the new guy.  Sorry so vague, but if I find out more, I'll be sure to post.

pathos

Alright, I still don't know much about the new OC, but I did find out his name is Jeffrey Sims, and he used to be a coach at a college in Minnesota.

Suzuki Kawasaki

Shouldn't be too tough to find someone to call option left, then option right, tell Quinn I'll come call the plays for 'em. ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas