• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cursh pleads guilty, set to serve ten years in jail

Started by SandLizard04, February 26, 2006, 11:58:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SandLizard04

A former Arkansas Tech football player accused it the burglary of a gun store, in which weapons, police uniforms and other items were taken, has pleaded guilty to a felony theft charge.

Twenty-two-year-old Cedric Cursh of Foreman agreed to testify against a co-defendant as part of a deal with prosecutors. Cursh is to serve 10 years in state prison.

Click me for the rest of the story.

Hoggy Mo Pena

CIA

He will someday realize how good he could have had it.  Going to class and practicing football will never seem like a chore to him again.  A young man's life is wasted on stupidty.  I'm sure this will be the start of a revolving door for him.  Sad for him and Butler.

R. A.™

Quote from: CIA on February 27, 2006, 12:27:59 pm
. I'm sure this will be the start of a revolving door for him. Sad for him and Butler.

There won't be much of a revolving door for a couple of years, only a sliding door.

5Aplayer1

SouthpawSensation

I think it's more like the clanging of an iron door.

HA_Fan

Quote from: 5Aplayer1 on February 27, 2006, 03:15:48 pm
Snitching on his friend to get less time....Wow.

One shouldn't learn to count on people involved in robbing gun stores to have one's back.

GeorgeWBush

I am telling you right now, he was good enough to play on Sunday's.  In my opinion he was good enough to be a play maker at the next level.  He was the ultimate waste of talent as someone said above.  He was the single biggest difference maker that I have ever seen at the D-2 level.  He had enough talent to be a four year starter for the HOGS.  Man what a waste.

tcockerham

I always wonder what guys like that think about when they waste 10 years of their life!

R. A.™

Quote from: SavedbyHim on March 16, 2006, 09:24:10 pm
I always wonder what guys like that think about when they waste 10 years of their life!

He is probably wondering how his picture looks like on the Arkansas Department of Corrections Website

GeorgeWBush

Quote from: R. A.™ on March 17, 2006, 12:12:10 pm
Arkansas Department of Corrections Website

This is off topic but, man I love that website.

eyeabove

One saying comes to mind, "Show me your friends and I will show you your future". 

D-way Trey

Quote from: Lee Mayberry™ on March 17, 2006, 12:44:38 pm

Got to agree. I make a game out of it and see how many felons I grew up with.

R. A.™

Quote from: TreyUCA on March 17, 2006, 03:31:17 pm
Quote from: Lee Mayberry™ on March 17, 2006, 12:44:38 pm

Got to agree. I make a game out of it and see how many felons I grew up with.

same here

amehr36

I played against him my soph year when he was a Sr...he pretty much sucked it up that game. 

Lions84

softballash25

I heard recently that he was going to boot-camp instead of jail.  Anyone else heard that?

done

I hope so.  THis is SO sad....There are some very, very strange things about the way his case was handled.  It was bizarre!  He does not deserve 10 years, he does deserve some punishment....who would plead a deal to something like that?  A kid without a lawyer and one who was certainly misinformed by officials.  Cedric is a kid who has learned a HARD lesson about stepping up in life.  If you knew him, you would understand, not condone, but you would understand how he got into this mess.  I hope he gets squared away and I know he will come out of this a better, productive person. 

LoneStar

Quote from: softballash25 on May 13, 2006, 03:23:39 pm
I heard recently that he was going to boot-camp instead of jail.  Anyone else heard that?

Per today's Demo-Zette:
He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 10 years in jail, fined $2,500, & ordered to pay more than $17,000 in restitution.  His alleged accomplice, James Butler, from Prescott had his charges reduced to a misdemeanor count and was sentenced to 1 yr probation, fined $500 + court cost, and ordered to pay $20,000 to the gun shop in Dardanelle.

1-tunna stunna

True so sad but where he is going there will be hundreds just like him. You might be able to start your own Gulf South quality team from inside the walls of Cummins and Tucker prison

cardinal-qb-14

I know this is old news, but here is a link to Cedric Cursh's profile on the Arkansas Department of Corrections website.  It lists his crime and detainment period.

http://www.arkansas.gov/doc/inmate_info/search.php?dcnum=135595&lastname=Cursh&sex=b&agetype=1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas