• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tech Renovations

Started by RHS, February 14, 2006, 11:17:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RHS

Anyone got word on when the renovations for the football field are gonna start taking place?

CIA

I thought I understood they would start after the girls softball complex was completed.  I think they will then start on the stadium and dorm.  Then the last thing will be the indoor workout facility.  I may be wrong but that was my understanding of the order.  I know at least next year they will be playing home games at Russellville HS.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: CIA on February 15, 2006, 09:44:26 am
I thought I understood they would start after the girls softball complex was completed. I think they will then start on the stadium and dorm. Then the last thing will be the indoor workout facility. I may be wrong but that was my understanding of the order. I know at least next year they will be playing home games at Russellville HS.

This has not been sat in stone.

There is much argument the games should be held in Alma.  In the past there used to be at least one game there a season, and they are making a big push to have them there next season.

Gotta love family members who are in the green and gold club!

RHS

Are you kidding me that they are thinking about moving them to Alma? What a joke.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: RHS on February 15, 2006, 12:38:08 pm
Are you kidding me that they are thinking about moving them to Alma? What a joke.

cheer up.... i don't see it happening... but i do know that RHS is not set in stone.

done

February 15, 2006, 03:15:02 pm #5 Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 03:16:40 pm by tucker
RHS has been agreed upon by all parties.  It is the site, no Alma, and no arguing AT ALL, don't know where that came from. 

Construction will start in March/April.  The two sites will go on simultaneously.  They will be done for playing and living for Fall of 2007!

Take that to the bank! ;D

:-*

SingleWingGuru

February 15, 2006, 03:36:12 pm #6 Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 03:38:31 pm by Jeremy2653
Quote from: tucker on February 15, 2006, 03:15:02 pm
RHS has been agreed upon by all parties.  It is the site, no Alma, and no arguing AT ALL, don't know where that came from. 

Construction will start in March/April.  The two sites will go on simultaneously.  They will be done for playing and living for Fall of 2007!

Take that to the bank! ;D

:-*

Correct about the softball and football construction... wrong on the other part.

Although the coaches are telling the players they will play at RHS next year, that is NOT set in stone.  And that is still being openly discussed.

The coaches have said that from the outset, but they (mullins included) have little or no say in it in the end.  Comes down to money, Doc Brown, and people that sit on a board that don't care about what the A.D. has to say.

done

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: tucker on February 15, 2006, 05:17:14 pm
:P

Wrong.

;D
Done deal......

whatever you say man.... whatever you say...

kinda pointless because in the end, i'm sure they will be at RHS... they are holding the Alma thing over Russellville's head to avoid paying out the butt for the facility usage.

But good job backing up your post...not.

R. A.™

I know that the HSU vs. Tech game has no site as of yet, b/c Tech doesn't know where they are going to play.

SouthpawSensation

It is going to be very interesting to see how well Cyclone Stadium can hold up next season.
Take in consideration that a junior high game is played there every Thursday night, then there are five home games for RHS. Now, if Tech schedules a home game on the same weekend that the Cyclones are at home, that grass is going to take a pounding and will become a mudbath in no time at all. That's not to include the JV games that take place on Mondays and other games on Tuesdays.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on February 16, 2006, 03:24:20 pm
It is going to be very interesting to see how well Cyclone Stadium can hold up next season.
Take in consideration that a junior high game is played there every Thursday night, then there are five home games for RHS. Now, if Tech schedules a home game on the same weekend that the Cyclones are at home, that grass is going to take a pounding and will become a mudbath in no time at all. That's not to include the JV games that take place on Mondays and other games on Tuesdays.

Although i see your point... and also see that the entire coaching staff has told the team all year this will be at RHS.  Money is the main turning point in this issue.  Arkansas Tech used to play at Alma for free every year, and RHS is trying to use this as a venture to make money from the University for using their facilities.  In the end, all i see Tech paying for is stadium up keep and to work on that grass.

Harding_fan_07

That's how Harding University was every year until last year when they put in artificial grass.  They had games there on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.  If they had a rainy game on a Friday night, with a Bison game the next day, the field might be ruined the rest of the year, it was bad.

SouthpawSensation

One thing I could see positive about Tech playing games again in Alma, which is 60-plus miles away from campus, is if the coaching staff felt they could really build a recruiting strangehold on western and northwestern Arkansas. That would make sense in that aspect, seeing Tech is the closest Gulf South Conference school in those areas and could possibly lure some of the good recruits in eastern Oklahoma, stealing some from the Division II schools there.

cardinal-qb-14

not sure if this means anything to this topic but there was a little ceremony naming the new dorm featured in the stadium renovations after a Col. Baswell, hence the hall is being named Baswell Hall.  IT seems everything is inching along slowly but surely. And the girls facilities are simply a large area of smoothed out dirt right now. Not sure what they are waiting on.

RHS

QuoteAnd the girls facilities are simply a large area of smoothed out dirt right now.

It's been that way since the fall semester of 05.

tcockerham

Uggghhh, ALMA!  I hope not! How many people will RHS seat.  I remember it was a nice stadium when we beat the Cyclones in HS football.  Just do not remember the size.  I'd rather play in War Memorial one game than go to Alma!  I wonder if they thought of that?

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: SavedbyHim on February 20, 2006, 04:15:08 pm
Uggghhh, ALMA! I hope not! How many people will RHS seat. I remember it was a nice stadium when we beat the Cyclones in HS football. Just do not remember the size. I'd rather play in War Memorial one game than go to Alma! I wonder if they thought of that?

WMS is out of the picture because of this...

$$$$$

SouthpawSensation

Jeremy is right on that account. The only way is money, and if WMS officials don't think it's feasible, then they will balk.
The only way for that to happen would be some sort of GSC doubleheader and bring in teams like Tech (northwest), Harding (northeast), Henderson or Ouachita or SAU (southwest) and UAM (southeast). Then again, that may not bring in enough fans for that to be profitable.

Rulesman

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on February 20, 2006, 09:25:31 pm
Jeremy is right on that account. The only way is money, and if WMS officials don't think it's feasible, then they will balk.
The only way for that to happen would be some sort of GSC doubleheader and bring in teams like Tech (northwest), Harding (northeast), Henderson or Ouachita or SAU (southwest) and UAM (southeast). Then again, that may not bring in enough fans for that to be profitable.
On top of that, which one of those do you really think would want to give up the gate and a game on their home field?

SouthpawSensation

None of them will do it, and I know that. And forget about getting anybody else to play there because nobody outside of Delta State really travels well with the teams.

tcockerham

UNCLE!  I understand, it was just a thought, and not a very good one, I might ad.

RHS

RHS will seat enough fans. I think between the home and the visitor stands it seats around 5500-6000.

rattler06

if anything.. they could change some of their home games to away.. although... this would suck royally for the Wonderboys of Tech...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas