• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Acupunture?

Started by Father Guido, February 15, 2006, 06:42:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Guido

My daughter recently talked me into giving it a shot.  Anybody else?  Let's hear some tales.

ljmom

Never tried it.  I don't like needles.   ;)

Did it work?

JvilleDevils

Hum would be an experience.

Father Guido

February 15, 2006, 07:16:00 pm #3 Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 07:56:51 pm by Father Guido
I have rhematoid arthritis, so I have a lot of pain in different places.  My neck, shoulders, right elbow, and wrist all feel better.  My right knee, however is much worse.  My daughter swears by it.  When she had jaw surgery, she insisted that we take her as soon as she got out of the hospital.  She also went straight to the acupunturist (?), as soon as she got her jaw unwired.

I think it helped.  Not sure what the deal is with my knee, but I'm going back Friday morning when I get home.

I was not aware that they hooked the little needles up to an electrical charge.  My first visit, I had around 25 needles in me.  Neck, both shoulders, one elbow, both knees.  Then she comes back in with these two batteries and says, "Now as soon as we get you all hooked up, we'll be in business."    I said, "Whaaa?"  She explained that the ancient Chinese use to sit and twist the needles between thumb and forefinger to create friction, (heat), to increase circulation in that particular area.  They have found that attaching an electrical current accomplishes the same thing with less pain.  (Twisting the needles causes movement, which causes pain).  I'm like "OK".  Did I mention that she is totally hot?  She could have come in there with machetes and I probably would have just let her have at it.  She also did the pressure point thing with her elbow on the muscles in my neck and shoulders.  My God, that hurt.  She asks me, "Does that hurt?"...  "Yes"..."But does it hurt in a,...good, sort of way?"..."Nope.  Nothing good about it."  Then she says, "Good".    what in the world...my little Mistress of Pain.

Then after about twenty minutes of the electrically charged acupunture, her assistant comes in to disconnect everything.  First she grabs up a hand full of Q-Tips, and says, "I always keep a pocket full of these in case you spring a leak."...."Whaaat?!!"..."Oh it's ok.  A little bleeding is a good thing."  :o  "?"  This chick was scaring me.  Then she goes on to explain that the "chi", or blood energy is what it's all about.  When there is pain, that means that you have bad "chi" and it needs some sort of escape, and a little blood flow is a good thing because it releases the bad chi.   :o   Did I mention that she is hot, too?  Anyway, a short blood loss later, I could turn my head and lift my arms, but my knee collapsed on the way out the door.  They both grabbed me.  I said I was ok, then did it again.  They let me fall that time.  I was just checking.  Went back the next day.  Much better.  Not as much blood.  I was able to relax a little better this time and I think it helped more. 

Now, two days later, my knee is killing me, but everything else is OK.  I go back Friday morning for more "torture".  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Costs about the same as a chiropractor.  Since my insurance doesn't cover either one, I'll try the acupuncture for a while.  Did I mention tha...

Uncle Ivan

Like Hank Hill says, if someone puts needles in me and lights them on fire, I'll kick his ass.

That, or runs a battery to them.  No got-dang way.

Father Guido

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 15, 2006, 07:21:20 pm
Like Hank Hill says, if someone puts needles in me and lights them on fire, I'll kick his ass.

That, or runs a battery to them. No got-dang way.

Did you miss the part about ...she was hot?

Hawaii Five-0™

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 15, 2006, 07:21:20 pm

That, or runs a battery to them. No got-dang way.
yea, but did he not mention that she was "Hot"  ;D ;D

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Father Guido on February 15, 2006, 07:30:04 pmDid you miss the part about ...she was hot?

Doesn't matter.  I don't care if she's Stacy Keibler, if she's trying to electrocute Thor with a current, me and her are gonna fight.

Would rather go to the Chiro any day of the week.

rabs_fan4life

Quote from: Father Guido on February 15, 2006, 07:16:00 pm
Did I mention tha...
Let me guess...She was hot?? 

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 15, 2006, 07:58:11 pm
Quote from: Father Guido on February 15, 2006, 07:30:04 pmDid you miss the part about ...she was hot?
if she's trying to electrocute Thor with a current, me and her are gonna fight.

:o  :o  ROTFLMFAO....I just fell out of my chair *I'm not lying*...I can't breathe...it hurts..oh dear God!  HAHAHAHAHAHA!  Did you just...yes I think you did... :-X    That is just WRONG!

I don't know what disturbs me more...the fact that you named it or the fact that you named it Thor which I just happen to know means "God of Thunder" in Greek because it's my grandma's dog's name!  God of Thunder eh'...::)

Father Guido

February 15, 2006, 08:23:28 pm #9 Last Edit: February 15, 2006, 09:19:00 pm by Father Guido
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 15, 2006, 07:58:11 pm

Doesn't matter. I don't care if she's Stacy Keibler, if she's trying to electrocute ThorPeeWee with a current, me and her are gonna fight.

Would rather go to the Chiro any day of the week.

Fixed that for ya.

donkeyfan

Never had the needles myself.  My old chiro used pressure points though.  It worked for me. 

Lions84

It worked great from my great grandfather 8)   Having hot girls do it instead of some old dude should help your pain ;D but not your blood pressure  ;) 

I love my Chiro even though he's an old dude he gets the job done. ... :'( :'(Wish I could find  hot chrio I would go more often ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas