• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cartoon Quiz

Started by WCD, February 15, 2006, 04:31:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WCD

So, you think you know cartoons, huh? See how many you can answer below. Good luck and enjoy the memories!

Wildcat_Dad ;D

This quiz cover's many different cartoon shows mostly on Saturday mornings. So I wonder if many of you watched the cartoons that I used to watch?

1. What show had the characters "Judy" & "Elroy"?
2. Who was the "Friendly Ghost"?
3. What show had the characters "Bam Bam" & "Pebbles"?
4. What show had a character "Baba Looey"?
5. What show had a character "Officer Dibble"?
6. What show had the characters of "Hadji" & "Bandit"?
7. What show had the characters of "Daphne" & "Velma"
8. What show had the characters of "Muskie The Muskrat" & "Vincent Van Gopher"?
9. What was the name of the show with the talking Magpies?
10. What was the name of the Cartoon that played on the "Captain Kangaroo Show" with the character of "Mighty Manfred The Wonder Dog"?
11. The characters of "Augie Doggie" & "Doggie Daddy" were seen as a separate cartoon during what cartoon show?
12. What was the name of the Cartoon that had a little boy and a Sea Serpent?
13. The characters of a Polar Bear named "Breezly" and a Seal named "Sneezly" were on a separate cartoon as a part of what Cartoon show?
14. What Cartoon series had "Dudley Do-Right", Fractured Fairy Tales" & "Aesop & Son" also as a part of the show?
15. What was the name of the show that had a Smart Cat & a Dumb Dog in the late 50's?
16. What Cartoon show that started in the 50's also had the cartoons "Andy Panda" & "Chilly Willy"?

Don't look at the answers until you have attempted to answer the questions. Answers below!

1. "THE JETSONS"
2. "CASPER"
3. "THE FLINSTONES"
4. "QUICK DRAW MCGRAW SHOW"
5. "TOP CAT"
6. 'JOHNNY QUEST"
7. "SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU?"
8. ""THE DEPUTY DAWG SHOW"
9. "THE HECKLE & JECKEL SHOW"
10. "TOM TERRIFIC"
11. "QUICK DRAW MCGRAW SHOW" (Trick question with 2 answers the same see also #4)
12. "THE BEANY & CECIL SHOW"
13. "THE MAGILLA GORILLA SHOW"
14. "ROCKY & HIS FRIENDS (also known as "THE ROCKY & BULLWINKLE SHOW" and also as "THE BULLWINKLE SHOW")
15. "RUFF & REDDY"
16. "THE WOODY WOODPECKER SHOW"

Bob Lablaw

I know all those shows. I have the Boomerang channel. Awesome channel. But, I was familar with most of those already anyway. I'm down with you old people see.

Father Guido

I knew all of them but three, but after reading the answers, I was familiar with them.  I'm old, can't pull up the automatic recall like I use to.  Come to think of it, my automatic recall was never really any good, so never mind.

junkyard dog

The only ones I had no idea about was 13 & 15.  The rest I can remember watching on a regular basis, which was Sat. morning or if you were lucky you might have caught 1 or 2 on Sunday morning before going to church.

Tarkus

Quote from: Father Guido on February 15, 2006, 04:58:07 pm
I knew all of them but three, but after reading the answers, I was familiar with them.  I'm old, can't pull up the automatic recall like I use to.  Come to think of it, my automatic recall was never really any good, so never mind.
You know what they say... there are three things that we lose as we get older.

The first thing to go is memory. I can't remember the other two

Bob Lablaw

Actually, I've never heard of 10, 12, or 15.

Guetz

Sorry, Wild_Cat Dad, a cartoon quiz taken honestly from my childhood would be fallacious.

You tell me, were my parents progressive or regressive?
My sister and I were limited to 1 hour of cartoons on Saturday, no TV on school nights (except the news), ball games on the weekend, National Geographic specials, Ed Sullivan and the Wonderful World of Disney.

That said, I knew all but a couple of the cartoons, but it was because they were seen in reruns during college or more recently on the Cartoon Network.

My wife thinks that my lack of early TV trivia is a sign of retarded development.  :D
I just leave that bailiwick to her.

Lions84

I knew about 1/2 of them thanks to Cartoon Network

Bogey

I remember MOST of these!

Beany & Cecil was AWESOME!

Here are a couple more:

"Herman & Catnip"
"Little Audrey"
"Droopy Dawg"

Mike Bonds

I knew quite a few.

I used to love Danger Mouse, Laugh-a-lympics, and Thundar the Barbarian.  No one probably remembers those anymore.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Mike Bonds on February 17, 2006, 03:53:00 pm
I knew quite a few.

I used to love Danger Mouse, Laugh-a-lympics, and Thundar the Barbarian. No one probably remembers those anymore.

Are you kidding?  I remember Danger Mouse very well, as well as Laugh-a-lympics  They were awesome!

Uncle Ivan

Am I the only one on here who knows of the Dino Riders?

WCD

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 18, 2006, 01:58:20 am
Am I the only one on here who knows of the Dino Riders?

I'm hoping that you remember them from your children watching them. Tyco toys came out with these action figures and they were a short lived Saturday morning cartoon that my 2 boys loved because of their infatuation for dinosaurs.

Wildcat_Dad ;D

bbmom

I know most of them and after reading the answers had a few "Oh, yeah!" moments.

I can't believe you left off Tom Slick, Super Chicken & George of the Jungle!

And Underdog...I can probably still sing the words to that theme song. Look! It's a bird! A plane! It's a frog!...

Juice-Man

Some of you may not know what I'm about to ask because it came on really late at night on MTV a few years back.  Does anybody remember Liquid TV?  When I heard there was an Aeon Flux movie it made me very happy in my pants thinking of all the cool yet crazy cartoons that come on MTV.

Chief_Osceola™

Yeah, I remember Liquid TV....IIRC, that's where Beavis and Butthead got their start.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas